IMG_0021 (resized).JPG
IMG_0019 (resized).JPG
IMG_0016 (resized).JPG
IMG_0017 (resized).JPG
IMG_0047 (resized).JPG
IMG_0045 (resized).JPG
IMG_0035 (resized).JPG
IMG_0034 (resized).JPG
There are 449 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 9.
#151 7 years ago

Ramp for the data east Star Wars seems to be a difficult find.

#152 7 years ago

Plastics kit for Pool Sharks and playfield for Radical!.

#153 7 years ago

i've got a brand new Theatre of Magic ramp still in plastic bag around here somewhere, if someone is in need.

#154 7 years ago

Goldeneye helicopter

Goldeneye left wireform and plastics

/thinly-veiled parts request

#155 7 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Last time this was made was over 10 years ago.
One parts run, less than 250, reproduction, but same durability quality.
Owners bought 2-3 trunks each.
Sold out immediately.

Why don't they run say 2,500 instead of 250? Surely the setup is the bulk of the cost, and each additional unit relatively cheap to produce. That way it would probably be a once-and-done, and anyone who needed that part in the future would just be able to order one at their leisure. Even if they had a fair bit of markup on them (to cover long term stock holding costs and the overrun), it would be better than being unobtainium

#156 7 years ago

Had a mint Judge Dredd except for a cracked Missile Launch plastic. (lower left). I was never able to find one. It would just make me feel good to know they now exist.

#157 7 years ago

Big Buck Hunter

545-6801-01, Lower Carrier - Threaded
This is the threaded plastic piece that goes along the lead screw under the game, on which the buck rides. I've replaced the old one with the last I was able to find, which was on the Assembly sold by Marco. The price was ridiculous, but the plastic piece was worn and needed to be replaced, so that the buck would smoothly trot across the playfield. A reasonably priced replacement would be a part that I'd keep in stock.

515-7726-00, Plunger Assy, Ram Kicker
This is the longer-than-usual plunger for the Ram Mech. I'd replace it in a heartbeat if I could find one.

#158 7 years ago
Quoted from CaryCarmichael:

Big Buck Hunter
This is the threaded plastic piece that goes along the lead screw under the game, on which the buck rides. I've replaced the old one with the last I was able to find, which was on the Assembly sold by Marco. The price was ridiculous, but the plastic piece was worn and needed to be replaced, so that the buck would smoothly trot across the playfield. A reasonably priced replacement would be a part that I'd keep in stock.
This is the longer-than-usual plunger for the Ram Mech. I'd replace it in a heartbeat if I could find one.

What should be noted is that the game is only 5+ years old. Think about it, Stern game fans...

#159 7 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

What should be noted is that the game is only 5+ years old. Think about it, Stern game fans...

That is a true statement. However, BBH is a very low run game that wasn't well received at release. I expected difficulty in securing replacement parts, and was pleasantly surprised to find most of the broken/worn parts I needed were actually available - save these 2 pieces.

I think the biggest problem with this game is the cost cutting that must have resulted in the 'lead screw' being attached at only the motor-driven side. A simple receiver on the other side of the lead screw would keep the buck mech from chattering along the playfield, and would likely result in less wear on the Lower Carrier.

Or perhaps they wanted a more realistic Buck trot, for which I can commend them, I guess.

#161 7 years ago

Gottlieb Circus BG, no NOS anywhere and no Repo's as well.

#162 7 years ago

How about the ZR-1/LT-5 motor for Corvette

#163 7 years ago

According to the never ending threads ... A non ghosting playfield from Stern !

#164 7 years ago

Any unique parts from Banzai Run.....

#165 7 years ago

The red spiral ramp on PinBot.

#166 7 years ago

Bally Kiss backglass!, not gonna pay $995 AT \MAD AMUSMENT.

#167 7 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

consider using the black one off jackbot

#168 7 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

This was remade in the past, sold out.
Recast from a mold, if I remember correctly.
Some people have actually spray painted a JackBot one red.
Decals have also been remade.
The blue ramp is harder to find.

#169 7 years ago
Quoted from wdennie:

Currently a near new one remains on Seattle CL for $295. Buy it.

#170 7 years ago

Game Plan MSU-3 sound board.

#171 7 years ago
Quoted from CaryCarmichael:

Big Buck Hunter

If you have the original plastic piece you might want to consider getting a local engineering company to make you some. The thread of the lead screw will be an established worm screw thread so it shouldn't be too difficult to get one made. That may even be a stock part from another application that Stern used (would make sense as custom parts for this would be very expensive to manufacture).

#172 7 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

If you have the original plastic piece you might want to consider getting a local engineering company to make you some. The thread of the lead screw will be an established worm screw thread so it shouldn't be too difficult to get one made. That may even be a stock part from another application that Stern used (would make sense as custom parts for this would be very expensive to manufacture).

3/8-8, true enough. Game is on location, so I wasn't interested in engineering at that moment, I wanted it up and running. I've found the tap and the lead screw both available. Indeed doable.

#173 7 years ago
Quoted from lemonski:

Goldeneye helicopter
Goldeneye left wireform and plastics
/thinly-veiled parts request

definately the helicopter, i wouldnt mind a new one.

1 week later
#174 7 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

*might* be able to help here.. or at least confirm its not going to happen... can you confirm this is the one you want?

I've been after one for a while and would be keen to know if you've got one out the back.

#175 7 years ago

My 'ol lady's

#176 7 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

^^^ This statement for Judge Dredd plastic sets. Please, please, pleeeeeaaase Rick. There's so many JD's out there with a busted "cursed earth" plastic (and others) it's a crying shame. This game needs some loving!!

Agreed, it's incredibly hard to find JD plastics. Mine are luckily all in good condition, and I found a NOS for the only missing one (right shooter lane). Spares are always nice though!

I'd love a repro of the prototype sniper tower plastic - it's so much better than the boring text one on production pins!

http://s1114.photobucket.com/user/sellingstuff2011/media/Judge%20Dredd%20Pinball/null_zps31230771.jpg.html?sort=3&o=2

#177 7 years ago

Not a part, but a bunch of parts, seems GBLE is unobtainium

#178 7 years ago

I actually obtained a complete NOS set of Apollo 13 plastics the other day.
Yay me!

#179 7 years ago
Quoted from pinaholic:

seems GBLE is unobtainium

My main issue with that is enough spare MONEY is unobtainium

#180 7 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

My main issue with that is enough spare MONEY is unobtainium

Quite the opposite. That is one thing they will always make more of.

#181 7 years ago

The key word "They" not Me

#182 7 years ago
Quoted from wdennie:

We have a couple of the export Bally Kiss backglasses ... let me know if interested, usually they are $200-$250.

Rick

#183 7 years ago

Guys ... i read thru this thread from time to time ... for WMS/BLY stuff if you have part #'s that will help as I can look up the print as well as who the source was. We are pulling the trigger on alot of tooled parts (plastic) from the IPB tooling that we have, so some stuff will be coming in the next few months. In addition, we have most of our art films organized and digitizing and have a number of partners we are using to accelerate availability as well as get some of this hard artwork made as we have the original stuff.

Keep the ideas coming ...

rick

#184 7 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

consider using the black one off jackbot

We have the Jackbot tool (which should be the same as Pinbot) and are running them in the red color soon.

rick

#185 7 years ago
Quoted from Atlgills:

How about the ZR-1/LT-5 motor for Corvette

So, I have the tool (what part #) for this, but wasn't really sure about how much interest there would be for that ... but if you have the part # so I can verify that the part is the same as the tool we can look into it.

#186 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Plastics and marquee for Varkon.

i may have this stuff ... would only be possible to digitally print and laser cut ... anyone need this stuff?

#188 7 years ago
Quoted from beepnutz:

The channel that the backglass sits in on Transporter the Rescue. It's an oddball part, probably only this game, can't locate one. Made a quick drawing of said part.
Transporter backglass channel #03-8230-1

I have the prints for this, there is an 03-8230, 03-8230-1, and 03-8230-3 ... would have to figure out what game they went to ...

#189 7 years ago

I would like to purchase a new speaker panel plastic for Theatre of Magic.
Don't see it for sale at PPS (or anywhere else).

#190 7 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Guys ... i read thru this thread from time to time ... for WMS/BLY stuff if you have part #'s that will help as I can look up the print as well as who the source was

The whole JD plastic set, no idea what the part number/s is, also the eagle topper seems to be non existent in the wild at the moment

#192 7 years ago

RS apron would be nice...most are rusted.

#193 7 years ago

I've been looking for a Fish Tales "Fish Rod & Reel Cover Assembly" part number A-15405, for years. The decals are needed too. Any chance of making this thing soon Rick? Please?

This tiny little pic from the BAA website is all I've found online.

FT15405_(resized).jpgFT15405_(resized).jpg

#194 7 years ago
Quoted from brad808:

Tales from the crypt door handle!

Yes yes yes

#195 7 years ago

Thanks Rick, keep'em coming!!

#196 7 years ago

Complete set of Whirlwind plastics!

#197 7 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

Data East Star Wars R2-D2: the body shell, arms and chromed cap.
I have 3D printed arms for a new R2-D2 and have 1/16" white acrylic I need to laser cut for the shell. I will then try to form it to the right diameter and affix the arms. My chromed cap is good but my R2-D2 is missing an arm so I am playing with making a new one.
The decals are available from Marco etc.

Well thanks to the kindness of user Squishy I now have a NOS R2-D2 shell! What a generous gift from a pinsider -- he only asked for the cost of shipping (which to Canada is not cheap unfortunately!). You can see my crippled R2-D2 in the game and also the arms I have already 3D printed. With the new NOS shell I may still try to create a new one, I can get better dimensions from this than from my mangled one.

I will need to by a rivet hand squeezer to attach the lights but that will come in handy no doubt.

IMG_2425_(resized).JPGIMG_2425_(resized).JPG

#198 7 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Complete set of Whirlwind plastics!

Yes!!!
I had an easier time finding a set of Sega Apollo 13 plastics.

#199 7 years ago

Mousin Around ramps. Plastic set
Hurricane long swooping apron ramp.
Bttf main ramp.
Dr Dude Plastic set. (only slings available)
Dr Dude Ramp.
Dr Dude mixmaster plastic shells and decals.
Truck Stop drop targets.
Black Rose cannon shell.
Plastic protector for Gilligan's Island Thurston plastic.
Who Dunnit main ramp. Insert overlay main field below slots.
Riverboat Gambler Main ramp.
Diner Coffee Cup bowl/ramp piece, we need this one made again.
Elvira and Party Monsters Plastic set made again, and Bob plastic protector.

There's more. This thread could go for years.

#200 7 years ago

For me , it continues to be AFM "Return To Battle" playfield insert.

There are 449 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-parts-are-unobtainium/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.