IMG_0021 (resized).JPG
IMG_0019 (resized).JPG
IMG_0016 (resized).JPG
IMG_0017 (resized).JPG
IMG_0047 (resized).JPG
IMG_0045 (resized).JPG
IMG_0035 (resized).JPG
IMG_0034 (resized).JPG
There are 449 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 9.
#51 7 years ago

Strippers from sopranos are perfect candidates. Doable and unobtanium

#52 7 years ago

How about a fricking mountain mod for Getaway?

#53 7 years ago

The switch with the long arm for Whirlwind's lift ramp. Can't find that thing anywhere!

Also, passing coils for NBAFB. Good luck with that...

#54 7 years ago
Quoted from zsciaeount:

What's the part number ?

#55 7 years ago
Quoted from zsciaeount:

The switch with the long arm for Whirlwind's lift ramp. Can't find that thing anywhere!

I have a complete Whirlwind lift ramp assembly for sale.

#56 7 years ago

I'd love to find the center target for frontier

#57 7 years ago

Anyone have a spinner assembly for fishtails. Haven't been able to find one I wouldn't have thought it would be unobtainium but it's been tough

#58 7 years ago

The channel that the backglass sits in on Transporter the Rescue. It's an oddball part, probably only this game, can't locate one. Made a quick drawing of said part.
Transporter backglass channel #03-8230-1

Transporter_backglass_channel_#_03_-_8230_-_1_(resized).jpgTransporter_backglass_channel_#_03_-_8230_-_1_(resized).jpg

#59 7 years ago

speaking of semi-unobtainium parts, I have the following available for sale (I picked up a few about 3 years ago and haven't seen them since):

glossy black, metal WPC speaker panel offset U-shaped channel (this is the metal channel that is secured to the bottom of the back box that the speaker panel sits in (qty: 2)

$40ea plus shipping

edit:
on second thought, these may be the metal channel(s) that the translite sits in. I need to look again when I get home today

#60 7 years ago
Quoted from beepnutz:

The channel that the backglass sits in on Transporter the Rescue. It's an oddball part, probably only this game, can't locate one. Made a quick drawing of said part.
Transporter backglass channel #03-8230-1

With some creative work and effort, you could probably make that part with some cuts from different pieces of aluminum extrusion. It would not be easy but it would not be impossible and you would need some good cutting tools---and you might have to spend some money----I think with a couple of different pieces of aluminum extrusion, you might be able to make some cuts and bond some extrusion pieces together to get what you need.

Crazy idea? Yep. Would it be practical? Probably not. Would it be cheap? Probably not. Do you have any other options? Probably not. But doable? I think so. The biggest challenge, I think, would be sourcing the small quantity of extrusion you would need.

Google "aluminum extrusion profile" and start looking at the pictures.

A piece of thin wall box extrusion with 3/4" inside dimension could be cut on two walls with cutoff wheels and a piece of window type channel might be able to be bonded and bolted across the top with the plywood.

https://www.google.com/search?q=aluminum+extrusion+profiles&espv=2&biw=1264&bih=701&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiS9YComZHOAhWL8YMKHTBaDnIQ_AUIBygC#imgrc=UZI6L49jJAbB2M%3A

Actually, the more I look at your drawing, I think you could fab what you need with a piece of aluminum "T" angle extrusion and a piece of aluminum "L" angle extrusion bonded together and trimmed to size.

If what I am saying is confusing, send me a PM and I'll explain in detail.

#61 7 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Actually, the more I look at your drawing, I think you could fab what you need with a piece of aluminum "T" angle extrusion and a piece of aluminum "L" angle extrusion bonded together and trimmed to size.

it looks more like 3 "L" sections bonded together. there's that extra shelf that the playfield rests on as well

#62 7 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

it looks more like 3 "L" sections bonded together. there's that extra shelf that the playfield rests on as well

OK. I see. But check this: If you could find some "F" clip extrusion of correct size, you are halfway home.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=f%20clip%20aluminum%20extrusion

#63 7 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

OK. I see. But check this: If you could find some "F" clip extrusion of correct size, you are halfway home.
https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=f%20clip%20aluminum%20extrusion

agreed. an "F" and an "L" and you're there

#64 7 years ago

Tales from the crypt door handle!

#65 7 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

The plastic bracket (ball eater) from this assembly seems unobtanium. I eventually used a fiberglass / resin repair kit to salvage the broken one that I had. Same part in Data East Secret Service as in Bally Mousin' Around, I think.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/500-5076-00

swinks is working on the Ball eater bracket, he will make it available at Shapeways soon

#66 7 years ago

Don’t worry as I was just doing a search on that pinball parts search engine and that bracket is here

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/545-5106-00

#67 7 years ago

Firepower playfields and plastic sets....

#68 7 years ago

Along the same lines as your previous project, I've been looking for an Williams IJ gun repro for a long time.

#69 7 years ago

MB Frankenstein monster seems to be pretty hard to come by.

#70 7 years ago

Pool Sharks lower jaw for talking shark

#71 7 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Transporter cross over ramp.

I mention this part in every thread that asks to name hard to find parts. Glad someone else is asking for it too!

#72 7 years ago

Data East DMD panel clips/hangers...

#73 7 years ago

Data East Star Wars R2-D2: the body shell, arms and chromed cap.

I have 3D printed arms for a new R2-D2 and have 1/16" white acrylic I need to laser cut for the shell. I will then try to form it to the right diameter and affix the arms. My chromed cap is good but my R2-D2 is missing an arm so I am playing with making a new one.

The decals are available from Marco etc.

#74 7 years ago

The main plastic ramp for a BTTF......can't find one anywhere so far. Anybody that can, please pm me

#75 7 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Strippers from sopranos are perfect candidates. Doable and unobtanium

You just said the strippers are "doable." LOL... Unobtanum? Nah, you just have to find the right street corners....

#76 7 years ago

I've heard of a number of people looking for a replacement trunk for Capcom Pinball Magic. They're very fragile and even home-use games have cracked trunks...

#77 7 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

speaking of semi-unobtainium parts, I have the following available for sale (I picked up a few about 3 years ago and haven't seen them since):
glossy black, metal WPC speaker panel offset U-shaped channel (this is the metal channel that is secured to the bottom of the back box that the speaker panel sits in (qty: 2)
$40ea plus shipping
edit:
on second thought, these may be the metal channel(s) that the translite sits in. I need to look again when I get home today

I think the translite channel is plastic. Meal goes under the speaker panel.

#78 7 years ago

A better-looking T-Rex for JP.

#80 7 years ago

Just came up in the owners thread, but
the faces for Red and Ted from Road Show are really hard to come by, but I think would be more suited to vacuum forming than 3D Print?

#81 7 years ago
Quoted from spiroagnew:

I mention this part in every thread that asks to name hard to find parts. Glad someone else is asking for it too!

We are about to run the Transporter crossover ramp ...

TransporterRampTool_(resized).pngTransporterRampTool_(resized).png

#82 7 years ago

A "shooter switch bracket",Williams part#01-14004 for a TOTAN. Looked everywhere,everyone shows it," for reference,only

#83 7 years ago

AOD

#84 7 years ago

The "Mountain" that was on the prototype for "High Speed". They made a dozen or so of these and when they come available they get snatched up quickly. If you could borrow one to create a pattern you could sell all you could make considering how many High Speeds were sold.

#85 7 years ago

The one way wire gate for No Fear that sits on the ramp right before the magnets. For some bizarre reason, the new ramps come with the metal overhang that it sits in, but NO WIREFORM... /facepalm

8d9d322ceb3a5907e868c72b693cd9a1bf735739_(resized).jpg8d9d322ceb3a5907e868c72b693cd9a1bf735739_(resized).jpg

#86 7 years ago

Is the Jackbot upper playfield still impossible to find?

#87 7 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

This is awesome, Rick. I had said that if the original molds could not be found that chances were nil for a true reproduction. I was getting lobbied to come up with a vacuum form solution...Your solution...much better!!!

#88 7 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Thank you!!

#89 7 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

The plastic that houses the start button on data east games like Ricky n bullwinkle is unobtanium and I need one! I know it's also on other data east games

They've had those available at the Pinball Center in Germany for the last 8+ months.

http://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts-by-game/adventures-of-rocky-und-bullwinkle/2998/pushbutton-housing-data-east-500-5815-00

#90 7 years ago

This is my only keeper game and would like to keep it all original, hopefully someone has one stashed and don't need it anymore that I could possibly pick up . Anybody have this channel and want to sell it?
Bob

Quoted from cottonm4:

With some creative work and effort, you could probably make that part with some cuts from different pieces of aluminum extrusion. It would not be easy but it would not be impossible and you would need some good cutting tools---and you might have to spend some money----I think with a couple of different pieces of aluminum extrusion, you might be able to make some cuts and bond some extrusion pieces together to get what you need.
Crazy idea? Yep. Would it be practical? Probably not. Would it be cheap? Probably not. Do you have any other options? Probably not. But doable? I think so. The biggest challenge, I think, would be sourcing the small quantity of extrusion you would need.
Google "aluminum extrusion profile" and start looking at the pictures.

A piece of thin wall box extrusion with 3/4" inside dimension could be cut on two walls with cutoff wheels and a piece of window type channel might be able to be bonded and bolted across the top with the plywood.
https://www.google.com/search?q=aluminum+extrusion+profiles&espv=2&biw=1264&bih=701&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiS9YComZHOAhWL8YMKHTBaDnIQ_AUIBygC#imgrc=UZI6L49jJAbB2M%3A

Transporter_backglass_channel_#_03_-_8230_-_1_(resized).jpgTransporter_backglass_channel_#_03_-_8230_-_1_(resized).jpg

#91 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Is the Jackbot upper playfield still impossible to find?

I find this to be odd in that they reproduce the Pinbot playfield which is exactly the same as Jackbot, only different art sticker, and you can't get them.

#92 7 years ago

A13 launch handle?

#93 7 years ago

Plastic buildings for FIRE!

#94 7 years ago

TFTC knocker launch handle.

#95 7 years ago
Quoted from scylla:

Also the long ramps and red rocket.

All plastic ramps for this game. I would take 2 sets.

#96 7 years ago

Terminator 2 plastic sets.

#97 7 years ago

The Party Animal frog plastic is very prone to breaking, and there have been numerous (unsuccessful) threads seeking usable ones.

http://mirror2.ipdb.org/images/1763/image-10.jpg

#98 7 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

How about a fricking mountain mod for Getaway?

I think someone made this. The cave mountain that was removed from production.?

#99 7 years ago

How about the lizard head on Grand Lizard, those are hard to find and always broke...

#100 7 years ago
Quoted from brad808:

Tales from the crypt door handle!

The handle? The lever? Or the decorative head?
Had to restore mine...

There are 449 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-parts-are-unobtainium/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.