(Topic ID: 255809)

What Part Would You Make With a CNC Machine?

By PinPilot

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2 inch Williams flipper (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dr_nybble.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 4 years ago

Metal 2” flippers? Metal flipper buttons and start button for Williams EMs? Paging Odin for ideas.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metal-flipper-bats

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from slochar:

Does it have to be metal? I'd like to see wood stencils for repainting cabs. It seems like a lot of the fuss and bother of repainting cabs centers around stencil peel, and the lack of the proper overspray (which no one seems to want to replicate, because you really can't with a stick on stencil).
    The factory used stencils made out of brass AFAIK and just held it up to the cab and sprayed away. I made a prototype a long time ago for the front of a countdown cab out of 1/4" plywood and just sprayed right through it, worked great, correct amount of overspray. Only problem is that I used semi-gloss so it didn't match the sides of the cab. (I'd prefer to use flat/matte paints when doing a cab anyway, and if you wanted the gloss, apply a clearcoat afterwards. I like original look, though.)

I cut stencils with a laser cutter in 1/8” MDF, produces great results. I can cut it for free at my local library makerspace.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dr_nybble.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-part-would-you-make-with-a-cnc-machine?tu=dr_nybble and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.