(Topic ID: 235577)

What part is the 9-pin AC connector on WPC?

By HighVoltage

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

AC-9pin (resized).jpg
    #1 5 years ago

Anyone know the spec / part number for those square white 9-pin connectors between the transformer and filter box on WPC? The ones where you do the voltage configuration.

I must have looked at a hundred images of 9-pin 3-row connectors yesterday, but couldn't find the matching ones.

AC-9pin (resized).jpgAC-9pin (resized).jpg

#3 5 years ago

Thanks, does look like they have the receptacle, but no plug housing.

https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=19-09-1091

Neither Digikey or Mouser have them: no wonder I couldn't find it there, no image.

I guess these are obsolete and difficult to find.

#4 5 years ago

The .93 is smaller and grooved. You will have to replace both sides. I’ve been dealing with a similar issue for sometime on my TAF.

I couldn’t find a non-grooved replacement anywhere.

#5 5 years ago

I had to replace both so the one side might work for your application

#6 5 years ago

Are there just 2 wires on both sides of the connector? My first thought was to recommend just getting a 12-pin plug and receptacle. But if you have that many less wires, you could get smaller 0.093 connectors of course, like a 2 or 3 pin or wherever size you need. I suppose it's just a matter of whether you're trying to keep everything factory. Plus this would mean you'd have to re-pin both sides (but that's something I'd recommend doing anyway)...good luck!

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

Thanks, does look like they have the receptacle, but no plug housing.

https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=19-09-1091

Did you ask Ed? G-P-E would know if they are still available.

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from Toasterdog:

The .93 is smaller and grooved. You will have to replace both sides. I’ve been dealing with a similar issue for sometime on my TAF.

Are you sure? I noticed that too on many of the images when searching, but these seemed to be ungrooved and have the angled corners and latch in the right relative positions, unlike many others. I believe the exact parts would be 19-09-1092 and 19-09-2092.

On one of my machines it had a nice AC tap patched in between these connectors, I wanted to make a few more taps for powering various accessories like a validator or amplifier. So I need compatible connectors. I may give up on that, might be overkill anyways, but I liked the idea of easily moving the tap between machines. I might just wire in some 2 or 3-pin molex onto the pins to tap into that way.

I did ask G-P-E if he could check in on this thread already.

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from Toasterdog:

I looked again, I think you're right, the housing does have the grooves. These seem to be the similar parts, maybe one version doesn't have the grooves. Are you saying the physical size doesn't match though anyways?

19-09-1091
    19-09-1092
    19-09-6091
    19-09-6092

19-09-2091
    19-09-2092
    19-09-7091
    19-09-7092

#10 5 years ago

Really this doesn't all matter that much. Pick a 9 pin connector male and female .093 from GPE that you are tooled for and repin it.

#11 5 years ago

The connector you see now in your game, doesn't mean it is original.

I've been using this same one for 10 years. Replace both sides as mentioned.

#12 5 years ago

Did a quick survey: 5 of 6 of my WPCs, both of my System 11s and a Sega are all using the connector I pictured, so that seems to be the original.

But I suppose it is pretty easy to switch to readily available connectors since it's just switching the pins over, so I'll probably do that.

#13 5 years ago

Molex 1991 series in the first post's photo.
    Unfortunately, the 9 pin version of this connector is obsolete with no replacements.
    You might have to change to a different type such as the standard 0.093" (e.g. 03-09-2092 & 03-09-1094) or the 3191 series (e.g. 19-09-1099 & 19-09-2099). I'm out of 19-09-2099 -- been backordered for 2 month and counting.

Ed

#14 5 years ago

I ordered the Molex 42021 series ones, since I noticed many of my Sterns use that one. At least I'll be compatible with those ones.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-part-is-the-9-pin-ac-connector and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.