(Topic ID: 286434)

What part am I missing?

By noopy

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0043.jpg
    IMG_0044.jpg
    IMG_0045.jpg
    BG_Lockbar_Axle.jpg
    4A580D1A-58D5-4937-BF41-75F66CA54D60 (resized).jpeg

#1 3 years ago

I have a Bally supersonic that is missing whatever part locks the back box and holds the backglass in. It does have a lock and key but the lock doesn’t attach to anything. I can’t seem to find that part online anywhere, what am I missing?

#2 3 years ago
    Quoted from noopy:

I have a Bally supersonic that is missing whatever part locks the back box and holds the backglass in. It does have a lock and key but the lock doesn’t attach to anything. I can’t seem to find that part online anywhere, what am I missing?

You're probably looking for the lock assembly. Someone took pics in a WTB ad here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-back-box-lock-assembly

I don't think anyone has reproduced the long rod, so you'll need to find someone parting a machine from that era (1979ish Bally) out.

#3 3 years ago

Thanks!

How does the bar attach to the lock? Here is the lock on my cabinet. Could someone show me a picture of how it’s supposed to work? I can’t find one anywhere.

4A580D1A-58D5-4937-BF41-75F66CA54D60 (resized).jpeg4A580D1A-58D5-4937-BF41-75F66CA54D60 (resized).jpeg
    #4 3 years ago

Someone put a coin door lock tang on yours which doesn't belong there. But the backglass lock bar mounts the same way. The lock has a square shank and the lock bar has a square hole. The lock bar goes on the shank and the screw holds it in place.

#5 3 years ago

Got it. Does the bar attach somehow at the other end or across the top?

#6 3 years ago

Note: the front lower corners of my bar have been filed round - the original square edge was scraping against the backglass! So mine looks slightly different to what you'll find.

The last picture is not the actual piece (it's for somewhere else) but it looks very similar to what's between the left side of the bar and the head. It allows the bar to freely rotate when screwed down.

The right side of the bar has a square hole matching the lock cam.

IMG_0045.jpgIMG_0045.jpg
    IMG_0044.jpgIMG_0044.jpg
    IMG_0043.jpgIMG_0043.jpg
    BG_Lockbar_Axle.jpgBG_Lockbar_Axle.jpg

#7 3 years ago

Thanks, I see the screw hole on the other side of my cabinet. I’ll make a WTB ad. If anyone has one for sale I would appreciate it!

#8 3 years ago

I remember my early days when I'd worry about a detail like this. I just leave my EBD backglass unlocked now, it ain't going anywhere.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-part-am-i-missing and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.