(Topic ID: 67629)

What other titles would be good candidates for PPS to re-run?

By gweempose

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 176 posts
  • 68 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by ShinyBall
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

horses-ass.jpg
kokokokokokoko.jpg
einstein.jpg
There are 176 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 10 years ago

Williams even bought the rights to reproduce BBB, but let that option expire (although they did build a single game).

Gene currently has the rights to the game.

Gene only made as many games as he had CPU boards left over from his buyout of Capcom. This, obviously was long before the days of P-roc, Raspberry Pi, and BeagleBoards.

Here is some great pictures of Gene building the remakes:

http://www.bbbpictures.com/

#52 10 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

This whole thread sucks. Instead of pushing for advances and new titles people want 20 year old tech and games ... God bless JPOP, JJP and the other new producers.

I don't see why it has to be one or the other. Just because people are excited about the remakes doesn't mean they don't think the newer stuff is cool as well. For example, I jumped on the MMR bandwagon, but I also own a WOZ and have a RAZA on order.

#53 10 years ago

I think only one is a sure bet, and thats AFM at this time/price.
MB ? Maybe Aurich makes a valid point and i hope so! CC just does not have the punch to make it imo.
Maybe sometime in the future TAF (20k made but still going strong!) and TOTAN and CV & CC by then supported by proc.

Quoted from VDrums2112:

Supposedly, Python is working on this according to what he said in the last SPP episode.
Maybe this is who he's working with... Time will tell.
-Steve Ridge
Louisville, KY

Yup thats the rumor.

#54 10 years ago

My son loves Monster Bash. It would be a no brainier for our family! Pretty exciting times and opportunities !

#55 10 years ago

Monster Bash!

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

This kills the joy of the hunt. The best part of buying a pin is finding and getting pics and doing the deal. Take the shine off the apple. This is collecting and trading in a closed Eco-sphere. Buying makes it like going to lowes to pick up a drill. This is part of our entitlement society. A chicken in every pot and a MM in every home. Oh boy.

No joy in that for some. I like clicking the button, entering credit card and seeing a truck pull up. Thats about as much Joy as I need before opening the box to play.

#57 10 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Rick needs to purchase the Capcom rights from Gene. Then he could rerun BBB and Kingpin

And that would probably make more sense over other B/W titles in terms of being closer to a "sure thing" comparable to what happened with the MMr announcement. I.e., he would sell out very quickly and could easily charge $8k and probably more. I.e., lots of profit.

People are already talking about how they expect AFM to be priced at a minimum of $1k less than MM. I bet that doesn't happen. If not, the demand for AFMr won't be the same as MMr. Still, given how high the demand was for MMr, even at half the demand, AFMr might still make sense, especially since so many of the parts are already tooled.

BBB and Kingpin would require them to start from scratch.

#58 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

No joy in that for some. I like clicking the button, entering credit card and seeing a truck pull up. Thats about as much Joy as I need before opening the box to play.

That's too bad. You are missing out on one of the best aspects of this hobby. Trading/buying from other pinheads can be very rewarding. I've met a lot of great people this way, and some of them have become good friends that I really enjoy hanging out with.

I'd hate to see that aspect of the hobby disappear (and I'm not saying that it will).

#59 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

ecome good friends that I really enjoy hanging out with

In VA we have tons of pinheads/Pinsiders. We do sell games amongst the group but more importantly we do a lot of nights at different homes. We have one coming up this Saturday again. I like hosting folks and going to play. Even when a game trades homes its a pain. I also have no interest in driving all over the place nor the time. No fun in that for me.

#60 10 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Sadly there is no joy in the hunt when you can't touch routed MM for under 8K or MB/AFM under 6K.

Then you can't afford one. Either make more money or you can't have one. Simple. Hunt titles you can afford. Wow, that easy. I wanted King Kong not at 20k do I cry for a repro at 8? Yes waiting and hunting are my favorites. Pressing a button is buying a pin at mcdonalds.

#61 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

That's too bad. You are missing out on one of the best aspects of this hobby. Trading/buying from other pinheads can be very rewarding. I've met a lot of great people this way, and some of them have become good friends that I really enjoy hanging out with.
I'd hate to see that aspect of the hobby disappear (and I'm not saying that it will).

+1

#62 10 years ago

Good lord this topic brings out drama queens. THE HOBBY HAS BEEN RUINED SEE YOU GUYS LATER.

#63 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Good lord this topic brings out drama queens. THE HOBBY HAS BEEN RUINED SEE YOU GUYS LATER.

This announcement is making the JJP vs. Stern threads seem like child's play (which is exactly what it was).

#64 10 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

This whole thread sucks. Instead of pushing for advances and new titles people want 20 year old tech and games. Total profiteering.

...and the people selling MM for $15-20k are what...doing charity work? Why shouldn't the person who owns the rights to Williams IP profit from it? And this whole "people want 20 year old games" ...look at your collection! If you don't like 20 year old games, SELL THEM NOW...they're OOOLLLDDDD!!!

Quoted from shlockdoc:

God bless JPOP, JJP and the other new producers. You might not like P3 but damn it is inventive and different and pushes the boundaries.

Yes, praise jeebus for Jpop for taking your money and...uh...yeah, taking your money. I'm gonna have a brand new MM before anyone sees anything from Jpop. Two games announced, game one isn't even close to playable let alone being built....and when game one is built, 20 people get to enjoy it. That's SO GOOD FOR THE HOBBY!!! Enjoy your zombie game in 2020...maybe

In any case, PPS remaking old games has no bearing on new games and new technologies. Let people with new ideas and tech build their new games. New MM's don't cause new projects to cease to exist.

#65 10 years ago

This thread really needs a pick me up....

kokokokokokoko.jpgkokokokokokoko.jpg
#66 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

In any case, PPS remaking old games has no bearing on new games and new technologies. Let people with new ideas and tech build their new games. New MM's don't cause new projects to cease to exist.

But it could definitely have a negative impact on the likelihood of that continuing to happen.

Something's got to give, and it will. There is only so much money/demand to go around in this hobby. More than $8 million is going to PPS for MMr. How much more will they get if/when they release their next title? How many people will not be buying into any of these "new projects" because they are going to save/hold out for MMr or PPS's next title to be announced/released?

The demand for pins has been very high over the last few years. This has led to (much) higher prices. The market is adjusting to this high demand/high prices by giving us more supply. But I think we may be getting to the point where the supply is going to be more than what the demand can continue to be, especially since we are talking about pins that are still more than $8k from most of the new pin makers.

#67 10 years ago

I want to give Rarehero more thumbs.

#68 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

The demand for pins has been very high over the last few years. This has led to (much) higher prices. The market is adjusting to this high demand/high prices by giving us more supply. But I think we may be getting to the point where the supply is going to be more than what the demand can continue to be, especially since we are talking about pins that are still more than $8k from most of the new pin makers.

I agree
Were at the top of the curve right now, everything is pointing that way.
In the decline things will sort out
Were in for a hell of a ride, thats for sure.

#69 10 years ago

Yes Please:
AFM
BBB
TZ

Nice to Have:
MB
CC
TOTAN

#70 10 years ago

I don't think enough people will pay $8k for TZ (a licenses theme) or TOTAN. It's possible mb would cost and extra $500 or $1000 per game due to licenses also.

#71 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

BBB and Kingpin would require them to start from scratch.

Gene already has all the tooling and artwork from the last rerun of BBB.

#72 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I don't think enough people will pay $8k for TZ (a licenses theme) or TOTAN. It's possible mb would cost and extra $500 or $1000 per game due to licenses also.

I'm honestly unsure whether they could remake any other pins and expect to sell a good number of them if they price it higher than the MMR.

#73 10 years ago

If you could get Gene to give it up, Kingpin makes the most sense of anything and would be great.

#74 10 years ago

they better not do tz! i put a lot of money into it...dam those pps guys

#75 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Something's got to give, and it will. There is only so much money/demand to go around in this hobby. More than $8 million is going to PPS for MMr. How much more will they get if/when they release their next title? How many people will not be buying into any of these "new projects" because they are going to save/hold out for MMr or PPS's next title to be announced/released?

It's not like this can go on forever.

There are only a few viable 8K titles anyway.

No is going to jump at an 8K TZ, TAF or any "A-" title, because you can buy great specimens of those games for less than 8k already.

AFM can be found is great condition for 8k.

TOTAN can be found is great condition for 7k.

So really you have BBB, CC, MB

#76 10 years ago

It's pretty simple, AFM should be next at $7K. Less moving parts than almost any game.

$7K would be just the right price point.

Then do a run of 500 BBB at $10K each if he and Gene could work something out. I do not feel 500 would devalue any of the original or 2nd run games. 500 games would generate $5M in revenue. Planetary would need to sell these direct, no distributor.

#77 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

If you could get Gene to give it up, Kingpin makes the most sense of anything and would be great.

Gene is a business man, he will license Kingpin.

But will enough people want Kingpin to be worth the rerun?

#78 10 years ago

My wife is nuts for CC. Sincerely hoping this is in their eventual line-up. I can only imagine that someone would find a way to CCC-ize that bad boy.

#79 10 years ago
Quoted from UKCatsFan76:

Then do a run of 500 BBB at $10K each if he and Gene could work something out

what company would restrict the amount of money they could make? a defunct company.

#80 10 years ago

had Cactus Canyon and restored it. sold it to purchase 2 other pins at the time. i would get one back if it was remade. actually liked it better than MM. and it was - the ccc OH buy the way nice pick me up pork chop needed that

#81 10 years ago
Quoted from UKCatsFan76:

It's pretty simple, AFM should be next at $7K. Less moving parts than almost any game.

Other than ST.

#82 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It's not like this can go on forever.

Ok, but it seems PPS is in for a few years of pretty good competition.
It gonna be interesting how the companies that sell 1000+ (Stern & JJP) react to a (supposed) decline in sales.
I think that jpop and other high end boutiqe games are in a different league (sexy exclusive original pins)

#83 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I just don't think MM has any bearing on those other things. I'm only speaking for myself - but I'm sure others feel the same way.

Before MM Remake existed, here was my take on the other pin situations:
-Stern: I'll buy them if I like the theme, gameplay, and if the code looks good
-JJP: I'll consider buying Hobbit when I see something that's closer to finished
-Jpop: I'd never give him that much money when he has no released date & nothing to show but some sketches and patents.
-Other boutiques: I'll consider them as they come along and show stuff

Now that I'm buying a MM Remake...none of those opinions have changed. If someone makes a cool game I want, I'll buy it.

Quoted from elZilcho:

I think that jpop and other high end boutiqe games are in a different league (sexy exclusive original pins)

...that don't exist.

#84 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I just don't think MM has any bearing on those other things.

I am not limiting it to just MMr!

The potential for PPS to remake those other highly sought after pins will have an impact too. Obviously.

#85 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I just don't think MM has any bearing on those other things. I'm only speaking for myself - but I'm sure others feel the same way.
Before MM Remake existed, here was my take on the other pin situations:
-Stern: I'll buy them if I like the theme, gameplay, and if the code looks good
-JJP: I'll consider buying Hobbit when I see something that's closer to finished
-Jpop: I'd never give him that much money when he has no released date & nothing to show but some sketches and patents.
-Other boutiques: I'll consider them as they come along and show stuff
Now that I'm buying a MM Remake...none of those opinions have changed. If someone makes a cool game I want, I'll buy it.

But Rob has a valid point. Not everyone can afford to buy every game that sounds interesting to them. To many, an $8K pin purchase is a huge budgetary stretch. If they ordered an MMR, or are waiting for a NIB AFM, then they may not be able to consider another NIB purchase for quite a while. Consequently, the remakes could have a huge impact on Stern and JJP.

#86 10 years ago
Quoted from vex:

what company would restrict the amount of money they could make? a defunct company.

Point of diminishing marginal returns, sell 500 at $10k for $5M or sell 1000 at $8K for $8M. Even though you do pay less for greater produced parts, you do not pay less for more labor, labor is the same no matter which pin you are making.

Cut out the distributors, no middle man making 15% of the revenue.

#87 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

...that don't exist.

Not yet *, but for example Alice.
Utracool theme (i like borderline light/darkness), custom art, jpop toys, nowadays not overly expensive, ect
And limited.
Sure jpop is an artist and its gonna take forever, but those are the real collectibles. ( imo offc

*totan is sexy too!

#88 10 years ago
Quoted from elZilcho:

It gonna be interesting how the companies that sell 1000+ (Stern & JJP) react to a (supposed) decline in sales.

Well, no doubt Stern is going to feel much of that 8 million dollars going to PPS.

JJP is going to get a narrow slice of the 8 million dollar pie by distributing the MMr.

And both companies are going to feel one more slot being taken up in everybody's already crowded game room.

#89 10 years ago

I like to play pinball, not collect one of ten rare pins.

#90 10 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'm thinking CV is the next obvious choice....and somewhat pricey....

Remakes are $8K.

Nice CVs can still be bought for $7K.

#91 10 years ago

Agree with vid - only BBB, MB, and CC are viable given the market value.
Based on that list, only MB would sell 1000+ units imho.

Or they could go any entirely different route and complete Wizard Blocks. Contract PL to finish the code and find someone else to complete the animation. Sell as a complete pin or as a retrofit kit. Old P2000 prices would hit the roof.

#92 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

JJP is going to get a narrow slice of the 8 million dollar pie by distributing the MMr.

People keep saying this, but I don't think this is accurate, is it?

My understanding is that PinballSales.com and JJP are two different companies. If they are two different companies, any money that MMr (or other potential remakes by PPS) takes away from JJP does, in fact, hurt JJP, regardless of how much money PinballSales.com makes from selling MMr.

I.e, JJP does not reap any benefits from PinballSales.com selling MMr. In fact, quite the opposite.

Again, this is based on my understanding that they are two different companies, which I assume they are. I don't think a pin manufacturer is normally going to be distributing a competitor's product.

#93 10 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Remakes are $8K.
Nice CVs can still be bought for $7K.

No..........

The PPS MM remake is 8k.

Dont look surprised if other partys step in, we are not the only ones that notice remakes go out this fast for these prices.

Maybe some one or company steps in, buys bally rights, or gottlieb, Sega........ you never know.

I say: bring it on: the more pins being made, the better.

#94 10 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

Really, call universal studios and since no biggie and you are SURE take care of it for Rick. Wow and a software engineer as well as a licensing lawyer, mom must be very proud.

Well, struggling a bit here....are you more a d-bag or a horse's a$$? Given I just ate I'm going with this one....

horses-ass.jpghorses-ass.jpg

And btw...

Quoted from shlockdoc:

This whole thread sucks. Instead of pushing for advances and new titles people want 20 year old tech and games. Total profiteering. .

Since you abhor profiteering so much, I'll buy that "NIB" Metallica LE you have listed....how's $5k sound? C'mon, spread the wealth around.

#95 10 years ago

Monster Bash and AFM!!!!

#96 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

My understanding is that PinballSales.com and JJP are two different companies. If they are two different companies, any money that MMr (or other potential remakes by PPS) takes away from JJP does, in fact, hurt JJP, regardless of how much money PinballSales.com makes from selling MMr.

Two different entities owned by the same individual.........obviously done for asset protection and tax reasons..

#97 10 years ago

oh yes!!! Wizard Blocks is the clear answer!!!

Could sell 1k as games and 1k as kits EASY!!!

#98 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Two different entities owned by the same individual.........obviously done for asset protection and tax reasons..

Two different CORPORATIONS. It goes without saying that co-mingling of funds between those two companies would be a mistake of epic proportions.

And ALL Corporations are done for asset protection (and probably tax reasons too).

The fact that the two corporations are owned by the same person has no bearing on the profit/loss of each separate corporation. But you already know that.

#99 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

BBB is the obvious next choice.

Gene actually wanted to make more BBBs. Problem is, he ran out of parts.

Gene was able to squeeze out the last remaining parts with games that he called the EXPPs.

Anbody who ever decides to take on this venture again (if ever) will be starting at the bottom of the bottom. *Everything* has to be remade and will have a much higher MSRP than MMRs $8K.

#100 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Two different CORPORATIONS. It goes without saying that co-mingling of funds between those two companies would be a mistake of epic proportions.

And ALL Corporations are done for asset protection (and probably tax reasons too).

Well, since that's right down my alley I can enlighten and bore everyone to death but I won't

Suffice it to say that the profits of each entity are ending up in the same place.....

Need some more hot chicks in this thread!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Onekama, MI
9,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Royal Oak, MI
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 47.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 176 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-other-titles-would-be-good-candidates-for-pps-to-re-run/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.