(Topic ID: 67629)

What other titles would be good candidates for PPS to re-run?

By gweempose

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 176 posts
  • 68 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by ShinyBall
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

horses-ass.jpg
kokokokokokoko.jpg
einstein.jpg
There are 176 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 10 years ago

Okay, so MM was a no-brainer. So is AFM. I'm thinking MB might be difficult to get remade because of the license, but it would obviously be a huge hit with collectors. CC has been bandied about, but without the ability to run CCC, I don't think it would sell very well. I'm thinking CV is the next obvious choice. Very popular game, low production run, and somewhat pricey. Sounds like a winner to me. What other games would warrant remakes, though? SS and TS would probably both sell very well, but obviously the price would have to be lower for these games.

#2 10 years ago

I'm gonna agree with you about Cactus Canyon and the code problem but disagree about CV.

To re-tool for the Ring Master alone would be very expensive and cost prohibitive. The Boom Balloon also. If you've ever seen the hardware under the playfield for those items you know what I'm saying. All of that unique hardware would cut heavily into the bottom line.

Under that theory I would think AFM to be a good candidate. (EDIT from TOTAN)

I'm no expert buts that's my sense of it.

Kim
http://www.WrongCrowdProductions.com/

#3 10 years ago

BBB would be just as big as MM.
I think CC is the wild card on true sales due to software while AFM, MB and BBB especially would be no brainers. Totan and CV etc would be great second tier runs.

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Under that theory I would think TOTAN to be a good candidate.

I forgot all about TOTAN. They would sell a ton of those if it was priced right.

#5 10 years ago

Cactus Canyon or bust

#6 10 years ago

BBB is Capcom and Planetary Pinball does not own the rights.

Kim

#7 10 years ago

AFM AFM AFM AFM AFM AFM AFM AFM AFM AFM AFM AFM AFM AFM AFM AFM AFM AFM AFM AFM AFM
AFM AFM AFM AFM AFM AFM AFM AFM AFM AFM AFM AFM AFM AFM AFM AFM AFM AFM AFM AFM AFM

Just my opinion, of course.

#8 10 years ago

I think a lot of the older B/W games would sell. Granted not all of them would sell quite like MM and say AFM for example. However, I don't think most of these games would sell at $8k. I think price is going to have to come down to even make most people consider going the remake route, over a used one. I personally wouldn't mind adding a FT back to my lineup, but I'm not willing to spend say more than 3 or 3.5k for an extremely nice one, NIB included. I think it will get to the point where it may not be feasible for them to re-run games, because the pricing they may have to charge just won't be low enough.

I would be interested in an AFM, but not sure if I would be at $8k. Not saying I would expect it to be $5k or $6k, but it would be nice if that one came down in price a bit. It's about the only other re-make that I would be interested in that I think has a legitimate shot at being done.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

BBB is Capcom and Planetary Pinball does not own the rights.

That's why I didn't mention any Capcom games. They just don't seem realistic.

#10 10 years ago

Would love to see Indiana Jones. Not sure about licensing though.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

That's why I didn't mention any Capcom games. They just don't seem realistic.

I know but in every Pinside thread about re-makes BBB keeps getting mentioned.

Kim

#12 10 years ago

I think some of you guys are getting way ahead of yourselves. Its good to dream but I don't see anything after MM. Possibly one other high dollar title. This isn't as easy as some of you make it seem and all this can't keep going.

Something's gotta give and will give. There's just not enough money in the hobby to support all this... ok, commence dreaming.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

I think some of you guys are getting way ahead of yourselves. Its good to dream but I don't see anything after MM. Possibly one other high dollar title. This isn't as easy as some of you make it seem and all this can't keep going.
Something's gotta give and will give. There's just not enough money in the hobby to support all this... ok, commence dreaming.

I'm enjoying the speculation of more titles but agree with this statement.

Kim

#14 10 years ago

Why would MB (edited) licensing be an issue if they can re-print cab decals and translites? Also, I'm sure the CCC code could be ported to the new platform.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

I think some of you guys are getting way ahead of yourselves.

We're just having a fun conversation. Nothing more. Nothing less.

#16 10 years ago

I'd say anything in the top 10, but especially Scared stiff (Theatre of magic, Whitewater, Twilight zone and Addams family should be added to that list)

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

I think some of you guys are getting way ahead of yourselves.

Perhaps so, but it's certainly putting a damper on the MM, MB, AFM, and CC demand. I've been interested in a CC for some time but there is no way i will be buying an original one now for anything north of $9-10k.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

... ok, commence dreaming.

einstein.jpgeinstein.jpg
#19 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Something's gotta give and will give. There's just not enough money in the hobby to support all this...

Maybe true but at 1 to 2 a year there is enough to keep them in business very comfortably for the next 5 years.
If they kept doing this it would hurt the other two big boys asit will choke off their sales.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from kmoore88:

Perhaps so, but it's certainly putting a damper on the MM, MB, AFM, and CC demand. I've been interested in a CC for some time but there is no way i will buying an original one now for anything north of $9-10k.

It could be a great opportunity to buy some original B/W titles at nice prices as I am sure some will be in a rush to sell fearing the coming of the remakes that will probably never happen... in the end I think they will regret selling and you will be happy they did.

Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Maybe true but at 1 to 2 a year there is enough to keep them in business very comfortably for the next 5 years.
If they kept doing this it would hurt the other two big boys asit will choke off their sales.

One to two a year after MM will surprise me... we will see I guess. I would rather see Stern, JJP and others succeeding and moving forward with some new stuff, new titles instead of killing the hobby with titles we've played for the last twenty years.

#22 10 years ago

512 pinsiders own MM and it used to sell for 13k
491 pinsiders own AFM and it sells for 8k
410 pinsiders own MB and it sells for 10k
113 pinsiders own CC and it sells for 12K
61 pinsiders own BBB and it sells for 19K

Gene owns the rights to BBB and, obviously is open to remake.

I'm sure his fee to license the title would be much less than Williams charged for MM

BBB is the obvious next choice.

#23 10 years ago

Cactus Canyon because I want one.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

One to two a year after MM will surprise me... we will see I guess. I would rather see Stern, JJP and others succeeding and moving forward with some new stuff, new titles instead of killing the hobby with titles we've played for the last twenty years.

Exactly.. Where did u get your degree sir?

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

I think PPS just found out that there was a lot more money laying around in this hobby than anyone imagined! $8M worth in about 8 hours - plus more since then. There's a lot of people out there with money to spend, they just aren't willing to spend it where the current price points are. What that price point is for PPS for other games is still to be determined...

Jaz

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

The beauty of Planetary is that they were fine "in business" by making/selling parts. They don't *need* to be a full machine manufacturer...but it's easy money considering they're a parts business and using existing IP. No need for a full pinball design team and constant "hits" like Stern or JJP. They can make a game...they can not make a game...if there's a few bucks in profit to be had, why NOT make a game? They now have a place to build them and their own board set. Clearly there's only a large profit margin on games that are already ridiculously priced on the collector market...hence MM and prob CC, AFM, etc....but once they get in a groove, it might still be profitable to make "less desired" games at a lower price as long as they feel there's a market for them.

#27 10 years ago

Scared Stiff?? I'm IN !

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I'd say anything in the top 10, but especially Scared Stiff (Theatre of Magic, Whitewater, Twilight Zone and Addams Family should be added to that list)

But you can get most of these in great condition for less than what a remake would cost. Can't imagine any of them selling in big numbers at inflated prices.

#29 10 years ago

I would like to see Pinball Circus remade as well...

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

But you can get most of these in great condition for less than what a remake would cost.

I think a minty new Scared Stiff would sell a bunch between $5 & 6k....

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from kmoore88:

Why would MB (edited) licensing be an issue if they can re-print cab decals and translites? Also, I'm sure the CCC code could be ported to the new platform.

Really, call universal studios and since no biggie and you are SURE take care of it for Rick. Wow and a software engineer as well as a licensing lawyer, mom must be very proud.

#32 10 years ago

This whole thread sucks. Instead of pushing for advances and new titles people want 20 year old tech and games. Total profiteering. Most the people that say yes CC and BBB are based solely on $$$. Silly there are much better games as well as people cry cause their laser is not working and LCD not included on a 2013 pin. Boo hoo. But yet full confidence in a parts shlepper to build an Atari 2600. Get over it and push for innovation and new titles. Lame lame lame.

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

This whole thread sucks. Instead of pushing for advances and new titles people want 20 year old tech and games. Total profiteering. Most the people that say yes CC and BBB are based solely on $$$. Silly there are much better games as well as people cry cause their laser is not working and LCD not included on a 2013 pin. Boo hoo. But yet full confidence in a parts shlepper to build an Atari 2600. Get over it and push for innovation and new titles. Lame lame lame.

God bless JPOP, JJP and the other new producers. You might not like P3 but damn it is inventive and different and pushes the boundaries.

#34 10 years ago

Folks who want new stuff buy the JJP & Stern units and those who missed out on the golden years of B/W buy the remakes that will be coming out. There we go, enough fun for everyone.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from pinballplusMN:

Rumor is that someone else is working on that one.
http://www.ministryofpinball.nl/nl/flipperkasten/flipperkasten/rarebird-pinball.html

#36 10 years ago

CFTBL for ~$5500 would be great!

I guess the cost would be important for many titles, as not like people will pay double what used are selling for .

#37 10 years ago

BBB is the obvious choice and IPB is looking for money anywhere he can get it!

CC is a non-starter without CCC.

If we are just dreaming for the hell of it then I will say SC would be fun.

#38 10 years ago

Did Gene get a license to remake as many BBB as he would like? or just parts he had? If he has rights to produce ad infinitum...then surely he has his price and that title is logical. And what about Kingpin? If he sold the rights to produce that I bet you could sell 1000 or more. This all assumes Capcom is completely out of the loop on those two titles.

I think if you add 1000-2000 MM to the total that are out there that it has minimal long term impact on the value. Maybe 10-20% long-term, so more of an adjustment than a crash. If they had offered it at $6k it might be a different story. As it is Stern still has the best deal on NIB.

Are we banned from reporting order #s now? I have a lower order # than any I have seen posted, but I mean I caught Jack before all but one guy.

Look at AFM as well. 5-6k for a routed example. 5-6k for High end restore. versus the Chicago Coin NIB at 8k. plus mods on both. If you do really well you are looking at 2k or less difference in having an original restored by a reputable person. If the difference is 2k I would have the original. Some guys will prefer the NIB. Some guys will get both and everything else that comes along.

#39 10 years ago

People should realize that any remake will need to be around $8k. With that in mind, I think even cirqus Voltaire is pushing it. Afm, mb, CC are all I can foresee. Anyone wanting something but " for the right price " should probably look elsewhere than a remake. A fish tales would be just as expensive as a MM to remake. I think nib afm would sell. Nib mb would also but who knows what the licensing situation is.

We also should wait and see how the remakes compare. Having a completely different board set may yield a different play feel.

CC isn't a worthwhile game without adding CCC. And PPS specifically stated that williams will not allow a CCC type release. Since proc won't run on the remakes (yet) CC is probably out. Therefore, I foresee afm being next. Then maybe mb if licensing permits. But that's the end of it.

#40 10 years ago

Farsight didn't even do a kickstarter to get the MB license for Pinball Arcade like they've done for some other licenses properties, it doesn't seem like it should be all that unobtainable. Assuming that PPS doesn't already have some hook up on it with the products they already do for MB.

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

People should realize that any remake will need to be around $8k. With that in mind, I think even Cirqus Voltaire is pushing it. Afm, mb, CC are all I can foresee. Anyone wanting something but " for the right price " should probably look elsewhere than a remake. A Fish Tales would be just as expensive as a MM to remake. I think nib afm would sell. Nib mb would also but who knows what the licensing situation is.
We also should wait and see how the remakes compare. Having a completely different board set may yield a different play feel.
CC isn't a worthwhile game without adding CCC. And PPS specifically stated that williams will not allow a CCC type release. Since proc won't run on the remakes (yet) CC is probably out. Therefore, I foresee afm being next. Then maybe mb if licensing permits. But that's the end of it.

Agreed.

I don't see machines with licensed themes being a viable option, not without jacking the price tag up.

#42 10 years ago

I can't imagine to many others being done if the price is 8k now most of the other pins you mention can be obtained now for close to that price. Or less.

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

512 pinsiders own MM and it used to sell for 13k
491 pinsiders own AFM and it sells for 8k
410 pinsiders own MB and it sells for 10k
113 pinsiders own CC and it sells for 12K
61 pinsiders own BBB and it sells for 19K
Gene owns the rights to BBB and, obviously is open to remake.
I'm sure his fee to license the title would be much less than Williams charged for MM
BBB is the obvious next choice.

The obvious next choice for who? Who would make it?

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from pinballplusMN:

Supposedly, Python is working on this according to what he said in the last SPP episode.

Maybe this is who he's working with... Time will tell.

-Steve Ridge
Louisville, KY

#45 10 years ago

AFM is a no brainer because many of the parts have already been reproduced and there is no license to worry about. You cannot find a routed turd for under 6K and people would not mind paying a little more for NIB. Many people like the gameplay on AFM better then MM so I could see it selling well.

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Therefore, I foresee AFM being next. Then maybe MB if licensing permits. But that's the end of it.

Agree 100%... Those are the only titles that makes sense to me to remake from a current availability/price stand point... Maybe TZ as well.

-Steve Ridge
Louisville, KY

#47 10 years ago

This kills the joy of the hunt. The best part of buying a pin is finding and getting pics and doing the deal. Take the shine off the apple. This is collecting and trading in a closed Eco-sphere. Buying makes it like going to lowes to pick up a drill. This is part of our entitlement society. A chicken in every pot and a MM in every home. Oh boy.

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

This kills the joy of the hunt. The best part of buying a pin is finding and getting pics and doing the deal. Take the shine off the apple. This is collecting and trading in a closed Eco-sphere. Buying makes it like going to lowes to pick up a drill. This is part of our entitlement society. A chicken in every pot and a MM in every home. Oh boy.

Sadly there is no joy in the hunt when you can't touch routed MM for under 8K or MB/AFM under 6K.

#49 10 years ago

Rick needs to purchase the Capcom rights from Gene. Then he could rerun BBB and Kingpin

#50 10 years ago

Soon everones pin collection will all be the same

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

£ 49.00
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 130.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

16,500 (OBO)
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

There are 176 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-other-titles-would-be-good-candidates-for-pps-to-re-run and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.