(Topic ID: 40400)

What other neat stuff besides pinball do you have in the game room? Vids, etc...

By jimjim66

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 181 posts
  • 96 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by PinsOnly
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2013-11-09 at 8.38.54 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-11-09 at 8.37.37 PM.png
    PicsArt (5).png
    photo (82).JPG
    photo (46).jpg
    photo (48).jpg
    photo (66).JPG
    photo (52).JPG
    photo (42).JPG
    100_2942.JPG
    Humble.jpg
    March17th.jpg
    image.jpg
    image-6.jpg
    image-883.jpg
    image-211.jpg

There are 181 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
    #1 11 years ago

Just curious what other cool items people have to accent the game room. Good way of showing pictures, and maybe giving people ideas on what to do to theirs. I'll start, I have a Captain America bartop. It has a touch screen with Mame and a jukebox. It is down right now, but when it is up, it is cool. Now all I need is an Avengers pin to go with it an my signed George Perez lithographs.

bartop_1.JPGbartop_1.JPG P1010046.JPGP1010046.JPG

#2 11 years ago

This should be a good thread will be starting on my gameroom the first week of march

#3 11 years ago

Either player 2 has no buttons, or you REALLY like Smash TV, Total Carnage, Ikari Warriors (though not sure how that would play without rotaries), and Robotron.

#4 11 years ago

I have a Tetris cabinet, a Ms. Pacman cocktail (it's a multicade board set in a Ms. Pacman cab, but it's usually just set to the one game), and some misc. geek-art that I do as a hobby.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Either player 2 has no buttons, or you REALLY like Smash TV, Total Carnage, Ikari Warriors (though not sure how that would play without rotaries), and Robotron.

Smash TV is my favorite. Yeah, also like games like Mutant Storm and Geomtry Wars. I also have a detachable control panel with a track ball and spinner. Bartops really don't have a lot of real estate, so I took it from the angle of 1 person sitting in front of it. I have a 4 player Mame cab for the co-op stuff. I also got a dedicated 4 player Namco Football game.

I'll take a picture of the other stuff in the room later, I have to go out of town for a bit.

#6 11 years ago
    Quoted from TheShameGovernor:

geek-art that I do as a hobby.

Nice art. Awesome talent, as my students say, you have skills.

Just saw the Darknight Returns on Blu-ray last week. Loved it as it followed the Miller books well.

#7 11 years ago

Other cool items... hmm.

A large collection of roleplaying games and boardgames including some rare items.
    - Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay, 1st and 2nd edition almost complete
    - Complete set of Descent, Hero Quest and Roborally
    - Almost complete set of Formula De (just one track set missing)

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from jimjim66:

Just saw the Darknight Returns on Blu-ray last week. Loved it as it followed the Miller books well.

Agreed, and thank you.

#9 11 years ago

I used to collect movie posters - original US NSS prints that were used in the actual theater. I have some still on my wall, (Revenge of the Creature, The Time Machine, I was a Teenage Werewolf, THEM, etc), but most are stored in a climate controlled environment. Probably will be selling most of them this year to fuel my pin habit. You guys think Pin prices have risen, you should see what a Sean Connery/James Bond 1 sheet runs now!

#10 11 years ago

Pretty cool stuff some guys have here! Captain America is pretty cool and unique. I don't have too much else in my game room other than pins and vids. I was a late model mustang guy and do have a pair of Terminator cobra's and a factory SVT H beam rod made by Manley I have in a small display.

Vids:
    I redid a Ms Pac Cabinet this past November. I swapped in a 60 in 1 board just to have some variety for guests but I kept the original board. It was 100% working when I got it but was pretty rough. Redid everything so it looks like new.

I redid a Gauntlet cabinet that I had a Gauntlet 2 board running. I recently sold it to my friend to have more room for pins. Needed to fix out a blown out back corner. Redid the whole cabinet and new artwork. Pretty much like new afterwards.

Picked up a Gauntlet Legends cabinet that I have Dark Legacy running. Not much needed done to it. Just cleaned it up a bit and added Dark Legacy CP artwork and marquee.

Marble Madness. One of my all time favorites. It didn't need much but I redid the cabinet and got new side art. Picked up Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom and Roadblasters to swap in to mix things up from time to time.

Special Criminal Investigation: Not a great game, but one I enjoyed playing at the shore points as a kid. Its in ok shape and a friend is going to take it off my hands in a few weeks.

IMG_2627.jpgIMG_2627.jpg Basement_Pics_20_21_OCT_2012_014.jpgBasement_Pics_20_21_OCT_2012_014.jpg L33T_Up_010.jpgL33T_Up_010.jpg 25_NOV_2012_007.jpg25_NOV_2012_007.jpg IMG_2632.jpgIMG_2632.jpg

#11 11 years ago

All 70's and 80's stuff and some newer. Hotwheels, pinball, action figures, baseball cards and autographs, lunchboxes everything from my childhood. Most of my stuff is boxed away..no more room.

photo_(11).JPGphoto_(11).JPG photo_(10).JPGphoto_(10).JPG photo_(8).JPGphoto_(8).JPG

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from toynut31:

All 70's and 80's stuff and some newer. Hotwheels, pinball, action figures, baseball cards and autographs, lunchboxes everything from my childhood. Most of my stuff is boxed away..no more room.

You have a really nice wide variety of cool stuff! And a nice room too.

#13 11 years ago

Skeeeeball. And arcade punching game. Skeeball is the fan favorite of everyone who comes over. Lame-o's need to like pins more!

2013-02-07_09.25.07.jpg2013-02-07_09.25.07.jpg

#14 11 years ago

Mines not so much a games room at the moment but a games wall in my living/dining room (lucky I own the house so my gf can't complain!) at the moment I've got a mame lowboy cabinet and a site down racing cabinet that at the moment is set up for ps2 and wii light gun games.

#15 11 years ago

I have a homemade cab as well. I hear skee ball and ball bowlers are always a hit with guests. I might get a ball bowler someday

Edit: pic seems to be sideways, not sure if mods can fix.

IMG_3043-1024.JPGIMG_3043-1024.JPG

#16 11 years ago

Hot rod cars, gas/oil & soda signs, '57 Chevy made into a sofa, Big Boy statue, Cruisn' USA linked drivers, big-ball bowler, slot machines, complete soda fountain, traffic lights, phone booth, vintage condom machine in rest room, etc., etc., etc. Here is a pic from last year's Better Homes & Garden's WOOD Magazine issue called "Ultimate Garage Makeovers".

Magazine_article.jpgMagazine_article.jpg

#17 11 years ago

And arcade punching game

I want one of those.

I've posted this before, it's my HH gun game. Everyone seems to love it. I also have my full sized Crypt Keeper sitting on an electric chair in the corner. And my Book of the Dead, hanging with Elvira.

DSC_0258.JPGDSC_0258.JPG DSC_0241.JPGDSC_0241.JPG DSC_0255.JPGDSC_0255.JPG

#18 11 years ago

Coke Machine, Jukebox, couple of vids, Disco Ball (real one salvaged from a 70's dance club), Pachislo machine and a Williams Bowler,,,, and a full stage set up.

DSCF2309.JPGDSCF2309.JPG DSCF2314.JPGDSCF2314.JPG DSCF2330.JPGDSCF2330.JPG

#19 11 years ago

Got a small candy/gumball machine.

#20 11 years ago

Oh, man. Every time someone angles their toms like that, God kills a kitten. Having said THAT, that's AWESOME! If I had a room big enough for that, I'd be all about it. I don't have anything else right now except for a 94" projection screen.

#21 11 years ago

here's a video of my gameroom, lots of interesting stuff
    Jukebox and coin op horse kiddy ride (upstairs not in vid)
    and in the gameroom, an ATM, Gumball Machines, Claw Machine, Coin Pusher, Linked Cruis'n USA games, and there's a Payphone and booth out in the backyard

#22 11 years ago

Damnit, I need a better paying profession!

#23 11 years ago

Dart Star 2000 I bought for $25 lol.
    Rowe CD-100E Juke

#24 11 years ago

Thunderstorm,

Really cool gameroom! Can you tell me a little more about that scrolling dot matrix display? It looks like it was providing live news feeds via the internet. Where can someone purchase something like that?

#25 11 years ago

Here's a few!

#26 11 years ago

phone booth
    pool table
    slots
    air hockey
    bar
    diner booth
    X-Arcade
    foosball
    crane machine
    gumball machine
    candy machines
    flat screens

#27 11 years ago

oh and a shuffle bowler

#28 11 years ago

1937 Wurlitzer Skee Ball
    1940s Carnival Crane
    1940s Exhibit Supply Countertop Love Rester
    1946 Premier Barrel Roll Skee Ball
    1947 Seeburg Trashcan Juke
    1950 United Skee Alley
    1950s US Marshall gun game
    1952 AMI D-80 Juke
    1952 Mike Munves Set Shot Basketball
    1956 Williams 4 Bagger Pitch and Bat
    1956 Horoscope Machine
    1958 Ball Skill Roll
    1958 Bally Challenger Ball Bowler
    1958 Seeburg 220 Juke
    1960 Midway Shooting Gallery
    1960s Vendo Sun Drop Machine
    1960s Mills Slot Machine
    1963 Williams Big Inning Pitch and Bat
    Traffic light
    Vintage beer signs and advertising
    Payphone
    Antique tavern table

Alex

#29 11 years ago

Pool Table

Pop-a-shot basketball

62" Flat Screen with Satellite and Xbox 360 (PS3 is on the Upstairs TV).

Oh yeah.....and Free Weights with a Power Rack.

#30 11 years ago

Gotta have this stuff!

DSC08563.JPGDSC08563.JPG DSC08562.JPGDSC08562.JPG

#31 11 years ago

I have a 40 ft candlepin bowling alley in my basement arcade with a Brunswick synthetic lane, ball return, and string pin setter (there's an extra set of pins and a sliding side door to play without the strings).

b_alley.JPGb_alley.JPG DSC05469.JPGDSC05469.JPG pins_strike.JPGpins_strike.JPG arcade.JPGarcade.JPG

#32 11 years ago

Bid Ball Bowlers are fun. Love the scrolling sign above the pins.

#33 11 years ago
    Quoted from Honch:

Bid Ball Bowlers are fun. Love the scrolling sign above the pins.

I would have loved to get a big ball bowler or a Pro Striker, but they were too big and heavy to twist down the back steps and too wide to fit through the doorway. I built this from scratch in under 6 weeks for under $1000 (including buying the dmd sign and the AMF pindicator above it). Got the Brunswick alley for free

#34 11 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Thunderstorm,
    Really cool gameroom! Can you tell me a little more about that scrolling dot matrix display? It looks like it was providing live news feeds via the internet. Where can someone purchase something like that?

Its called a betabrite led sign, you can get them from Cosco or online, and you hook them up to the serial port on your computer, and you can feed them any RSS feed using some free online software kinda neat

#35 11 years ago

I have foosball but its about to go to make room for another row of pinball machines. That Captain America tabletop is awesome. I would like to put some kind of arcade game in basement but cannot fit regular size down stairs with railings. Where did you get tabletop Captain America?

#36 11 years ago

i have a treadmill and a stereo. I would go without pinballs before i would go without the stereo. Nothing too fancy, not worth a picture.

#37 11 years ago

Video games:
    Centipede cocktail table
    Moon Patrol
    Frogger
    Megatouch 5
    Neo Geo candy cabinet

Pool table
    Poker table that they were going to throw away at work
    42" plasma TV that they were going to throw away at work
    posters
    Misc firefighter stuff
    Neon Signs
    license plates on the walls.

DSCF3848.JPGDSCF3848.JPG moon_patrol_2.jpgmoon_patrol_2.jpg DSCF5986.JPGDSCF5986.JPG

#38 11 years ago

Fooseball, pool table, ping pong table & Shuffle Inn Alley

#39 11 years ago

Wow, most of these put me to shame. My basement arcade is still a mess; in addition to the 5 pins I have a Gauntlet II with a dead monitor I need to get fixed, plus there's mine and my girlfriend's combined console game collections (from Atari 2600 to Nintendo Gamecube, the Wii is upstairs).

#40 11 years ago

The ATM is a first for me, I never have seen one in a gameroom.

#41 11 years ago

I have an Aztec Tomb. Great for a magic show or hiding from the police, but not so great if hiding from police dogs.

#42 11 years ago

I've had all kinds of gameroom toys in gameroom over the years. In addition to pinball machines, I currently have:

Pool Table
    Air Hockey Table
    Foosball Table
    Merit Megatouch ION 2009.5
    Wayne Gretzky's 3D Hockey Arcade Game
    Sportstaion NFL Blitz & NBA on NBC Arcade Game
    Golden Tee 2005 Arcade Game
    Target Toss Pro (Bags and Lawn Darts) Arcade Game
    60-in-1 Multicade
    Popcorn Machine
    Triple head candy dispenser
    My 1/18 diecast car collection
    Gehl's Chilli and Cheese machine
    Nacho chip warmer
    2 neon signs
    And most importantly, a kegerator that is built in to the bar.

I will post pics later.

#43 11 years ago
    Quoted from dmacy:

I redid a Gauntlet cabinet that I had a Gauntlet 2 board running. I recently sold it to my friend to have more room for pins.

I need something from the Gauntlet series in my basement . . .

Quoted from centerflank:

Gotta have this stuff!

You need a gym membership, get rid of that stuff and put some more pins in there

#44 11 years ago
    Quoted from Max_Badazz:

I would have loved to get a big ball bowler or a Pro Striker, but they were too big and heavy to twist down the back steps and too wide to fit through the doorway. I built this from scratch in under 6 weeks for under $1000 (including buying the dmd sign and the AMF pindicator above it). Got the Brunswick alley for free

Looks real good for something you made yourself.Does it keep score fairly accurately? BTW, sweet collection of pins too.

#45 11 years ago

You all have some great rooms and stuff!
    The 2 pins and the LOST tv show props are the most expensive/impressive, then we've collected some sci-fi movie posters and pop art prints to fill in wall space. Pics are before remodel since it is still in process. The attached theater is decently impressive and soon to have a Tardis for the closet door. Trying to work out how to light up the POLICE BOX sign and make the noises once we get the doors installed and decorated. Would love to have an actual phone booth.

#46 11 years ago

Other side of my game room is a complete "jamming room". 6-piece drum set, two guitar amps, three electrics, two acoustics, bass, Hartke bass amp, full PA, midi controlled keyboard through Pignose 40w, tons pedals, mics, etc. (a lot of it is in a closet -- the house was actually somewhat cleaned when this pic was taken).

The current line of pins below that (one more on way soon!) and I also have a AMI/Rowe R-90 Jukebox and 60-in-1 arcade.

photo_(1).JPGphoto_(1).JPG photo_(2).JPGphoto_(2).JPG

#47 11 years ago

The tiki gods watch over the arcade to make sure you don't press START in the middle of a game. They really hate that.

i-FTrBckq-XL.jpgi-FTrBckq-XL.jpg

#48 11 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

you don't press START in the middle of a game.

They would hate my girlfriend then. Every time she plays my pins, I come in and ask, "why are you playing 4 player?"

#49 11 years ago

Not much in my basement besides the pins and mini home theater set-up

Been looking for some cool stuff image.jpgimage.jpg

#50 11 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

Got a small candy/gumball machine.

Perfect!

There are 181 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-other-neat-stuff-besides-pinball-do-you-have-in-the-game-room-vids-etc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.