(Topic ID: 291050)

What other hobbies do you have that are as cheap as pinball?

By JohnTTwo

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 116 posts
  • 77 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by undrdog
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

16197782667633124327064568005183 (resized).jpg
20200708_182436 (resized).jpg
20210321_150438 (resized).jpg
20210412_154616-1 (resized).jpg
machine_3c3f897e-d6c8-4fe0-86f0-57495cf582f6 (resized).jpg
field (resized).jpg
06EB8962-450C-4755-AADE-81EE14BD363B.jpeg
PXL_20201126_181902434 (resized).jpg
post1 (resized).jpg
porkribs7 (resized).jpg
porkbuns3 (resized).jpg
porkchinesebbq3 (resized).jpg
prawnspringrolls1 (resized).jpg
maitake2 (resized).jpg
lionsmane5 (resized).jpg
kingoysters2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider punkin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 3 years ago

Cheap hobbies i have had in the past in no particular order;

Home brewed beer
Home distilled spirits
Home butchered meat and charcuterie
Home vegetable gardening
Home grown pot
Home grown gourmet mushrooms

Can you see a common thread?

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from ReadyPO:

and run your business from home (or have home in your business, whichever it is )

Yes, i live in my warehouse. All my business's have started from my hobbies, including Stilldragon Australia which currently supports my exe hobbies like pinballs, travel and m/cycles.

#52 3 years ago

I'll keep answering this disingenuous question as if it was sincere.

bags1 (resized).jpgbags1 (resized).jpg

Here's 3 items, less than a couple hundred dollars that will give a lifetime of enjoyment with no maintenance except for stuffing a few rags in the big fella now and then.

The totem tennis ball was actually free when i bought the speed bag from reward points. And it's hours of entertainment and enjoyment. You'll feel fantastic walking away even. I never would have thought a tennis ball on a string could give me so much pleasure.

Except for my ding bat of course.

PROB_Ding-Bat-With-Elastic-And-28Mm-Ball-ProBrandPDCGECO-4JAMW (resized).jpgPROB_Ding-Bat-With-Elastic-And-28Mm-Ball-ProBrandPDCGECO-4JAMW (resized).jpg

#54 3 years ago

Charcuterie.

From This;

pigs1 (resized).jpgpigs1 (resized).jpg

To this;

pigs5 (resized).jpgpigs5 (resized).jpg

And thus to this;

pigcuring1 (resized).jpgpigcuring1 (resized).jpg

pigcuring4 (resized).jpgpigcuring4 (resized).jpg

bacondec161 (resized).jpgbacondec161 (resized).jpg

Rich is not a number, it's an attitude. If you are happy with what you have, you are a rich person.
Some people sadly never realise this basic truth.

#58 3 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Does anything smell better than pork being smoked? Doesn’t get much better than the smoker going and having some drinks on a nice sunny day.

One of my favourite hobbies. The look on people faces when faced with a charcuterie plate full of salami, smoked pepperoni, cold cured hams and coppa, pancetta etc and you tell them you made the lot.
Then when they taste the pork from the heritage pigs and realise what they have been missing with supermarket meat.

Once you have the equipment it's really cost effective with a whole pig less than $100 from the farm.
To buy lonzino or coppa etc here it's well over $100 a kilo.

Mushrooms were another. Good mushrooms here are $50 a kilo I made money selling them at work that paid for me to eat as many as i wanted and give to friends and family. Some of these pictured you can't buy in Australia;

currentgrow12.9.10 (resized).jpgcurrentgrow12.9.10 (resized).jpg

kingoysters2 (resized).jpgkingoysters2 (resized).jpg

lionsmane5 (resized).jpglionsmane5 (resized).jpg

maitake2 (resized).jpgmaitake2 (resized).jpg

#59 3 years ago

Here's another hobby just for the OP

The pleasure from the gift of a home cooked meal that's as good as any restaurant food.

You might even try taking up a hobby that's not all about you, but allows you to give a precious gift to your friends and family?

porkribs7 (resized).jpgporkribs7 (resized).jpg

prawnspringrolls1 (resized).jpgprawnspringrolls1 (resized).jpg

porkchinesebbq3 (resized).jpgporkchinesebbq3 (resized).jpg

porkbuns3 (resized).jpgporkbuns3 (resized).jpg

#66 3 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Best thing I ever bought hobby wise besides pinball was my main guitar, a Yamaha FG335 in brand new condition for $100 with the case and that was 32 years ago. Other then some picks and a new set of strings ever few years it's brought me far more fun in the guitar playing hobby then I could have ever imagined for a minimal amount of money. I'll never sell it.
John

post1 (resized).jpgpost1 (resized).jpg

#74 3 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Back yard fireworks for the last 25 years. And I still have all ten fingers left.

Pyrotechnics is what i always said was going to be my next hobby. She said no back then, but it was only a couple months ago istudied the licencing laws here and decided once again to withhold.

Was just too much hassle and training (on purpose to discourage) for an old guy. Shitted me too as i have an agent in China.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider punkin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-other-hobbies-do-you-have-that-are-as-cheap-as-pinball?tu=punkin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.