Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 496 posts
  • 267 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by ShinyBall
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2014-03-14_18.28.21.jpg
    2014-02-07_07.23.13.jpg
    U-5.jpg
    Mark.jpg
    MAX_3154copy_for_Todd.jpg
    bikes_and_amanda.jpg
    Boat1.jpg
    Herc_1.jpg
    34_bike.jpg
    1___5-21.jpg
    image.jpg
    IMAG0348.jpg
    IMAG0349.jpg
    IMG_20150522_125515281.jpg
    20140720_123450-344.jpg
    20130730_165348-1-383.jpg
    There are 496 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 10.
    #401 9 years ago

-I collect console games (over 600+ games)
    -I compose music (though it's mostly for use in games)
    -I enjoy drawing both scenery as well as cartoons characters
    -I study the Japanese language
    -I tinker with animatronics
    -I enjoy fishing, though haven't had a chance to do that in years

#402 9 years ago

IMAG0083.jpgIMAG0083.jpgthrash 3-wheelers!!!!!!!

#403 9 years ago

more....

IMAG0174.jpgIMAG0174.jpg IMAG0087.jpgIMAG0087.jpg IMAG0137.jpgIMAG0137.jpg
    #404 9 years ago

Those are not banned in Australia?

#405 9 years ago

Fish Tales boat!

#406 9 years ago

Hey, I have been looking for a spare mattress!

#407 9 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

They're not even banned everywhere in the US, and the manufacturing ban was only for ten years and ended in 1997.

#408 9 years ago
    Quoted from BigB:

Hey, I have been looking for a spare mattress!

Sorry,still using the matress!!!

#409 9 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

It's a 1986 350x and 1983 250r.they were banned after '86.

#410 9 years ago
    Quoted from Erik:

Fish Tales boat!

Well spotted.

1 week later
    #411 9 years ago

Last Night Band Camp Therapy Session.

#412 9 years ago

How about this hobby? (I'm no Trek fan, but this MAY be considered "unbalanced".)

http://nypost.com/2014/07/10/trekkie-dad-builds-replica-u-s-s-enterprise-in-basement/

Screen Shot 2014-07-10 at 11.24.53 AM.pngScreen Shot 2014-07-10 at 11.24.53 AM.png

Beam us up, dad!
    A Star Trek fanatic has built an extraordinary replica of the U.S.S. Enterprise in the basement of his Long Island home.
    Anthony Sforza, 48, has been collecting Star Trek memorabilia for years, but decided in 2010 that it was time to kick things up a notch, according to Barcroft.

Sforza’s normal house belies its fantastical Star Trek basement.

It took three years and more than 1,500 hours for the married father of two to go where no Trekkie has gone before – creating an outrageously realistic replica of the legendary starship.

“It was very difficult at first to find the materials that they used on the show,” Sforza said. “I tried to call them but getting an answer was impossible.”

But that didn’t stop his dream of manning the bridge on the Enterprise, which is modeled on the NX-01 from the Star Trek TV show .

“Fortunately I was able to purchase a piece of the original set which I pulled apart to find out the exact paint and materials that were used,” he said. “That’s how I created the basement.”

Sforza takes the helm of the command center, surrounded by replica weapons, star fleet uniforms, life-size Klingons, action figures and other bits of memorabilia popular in the show.

Sforza with his wife Annette and his children Michael and Daniel.

His two sons, Michael and Daniel couldn’t be happier with their father’s decision to transform their basement into a Star Trek mecca.

“I think that it’s cool because he has all the belts and badges and everything is here to show just how much he loves Star Trek,” said Daniel, 7.

“I would love to do something like this when I’m older,” added Michael, 11. “It would be pretty cool and I think it would be a good addition to any home.”

But don’t ask Sforza’s sister Marion, 44, about his recent display of passion for his favorite science fiction franchise.
    “I think he’s a freak,” she said. “But he loves it and he could be into worse things so if that’s what makes him happy then that’s great.”

Besides the replica of the Enterprise’s captain’s chair, Sforza also has an extensive collection of Star Trek figurines.

Marion adds that Sforza’s infatuation with the franchise has been apparent for quite some time
    “Anthony’s been obsessed with Star Trek for as long as I think I’ve been alive,” she said. “I don’t remember him ever not being obsessed with it, even when he was a little boy.”

His wife, Annette, 46, has given Sforza her complete support of his phenomenal basement recreation.

“I think it’s wonderful, I admire him so much for being able to put vision into something like this and for it to look so incredible,” she said. “It’s wonderful and I’m so proud of him.”

#413 9 years ago

He look funny in glasses in the captain's chair. Anachronistic.

#414 9 years ago
    Quoted from Guinnesstime:

kick things up a notch,

Just a small notch

#415 9 years ago

Motorcycling. I've always owned/rode some sort of cycle, metric/HD etc, but this is my first chopper. It's a Big Dog K9 and it rocks!! There won't be a whole lot of pinball going on for me until late fall.

301.JPG301.JPG 299.JPG299.JPG
    #416 9 years ago
    Quoted from Andretti:

I'm also huge into Halloween, been carving pumpkins for years for my display. **Side note** some of these are based on patterns I created, others are from different sites on the net, but ALL are carved by ME. Here are a few of my favorites...

Just seen this. Absolutely fantastic.

#417 9 years ago
    Quoted from Honch:

Just seen this. Absolutely fantastic.

Thanks very much.

Andretti

#418 9 years ago

Awesome scooter Honch, go put some on her and 'safe ride'. See ya in November!

#419 9 years ago
    Quoted from Honch:

It's a Big Dog K9 and it rocks!!

Next time you come to visit, you better bring that puppy along!

#420 9 years ago

Hub and I also enjoy having guinea pigs. They live in a humongous cage in our living room. My YouTube channel, which has a lot of subbers, as people enjoy the ideas I come up with to keep the piggies entertained.
    https://www.youtube.com/Pigjes

I also draw comics about piggies. They go on Facebook weekly. My webpage.
    http://users.telenet.be/cavycomic/

#421 9 years ago
    Quoted from WOLF:

Awesome scooter Honch, go put some on her and 'safe ride'. See ya in November!

Thanks. Looks like you ride too, so you take care as well.

Quoted from spfxted:

Next time you come to visit, you better bring that puppy along!

That's a great idea, Ted. I am gonna have to road test this puppy extensively locally first. New bike, I don't trust it yet, but I'd love to make a trek up your way.

2 weeks later
    #422 9 years ago

My other hobby....

ted el norte.JPGted el norte.JPG
    3 months later
    #423 9 years ago
    Quoted from FatAussieBogan:

Can't believe not a singular falconer on here. Maybe people have other birds of prey??

I have a few Falcons

#424 9 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

My other hobby....

ted el norte.JPG 38 KB

That looks like the next game with six pop bumpers.

3 weeks later
    #425 9 years ago

Just started collecting Monster Shot Glasses and mugs! (prices $50-$160 each!) More for the mugs!

shot glass monster.JPGshot glass monster.JPG

#426 9 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Just started collecting Monster Shot Glasses and mugs! (prices $50-$160 each!) More for the mugs!

shot glass monster.JPG 254 KB

Now I know what to get you for christmas.

I regret that we didn't do a pinside Secret Santa.

#427 9 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Now I know what to get you for christmas.

I also collect/commission original paintings. (this one for my Creature Cigar Cave)

Cigar Creature.jpgCigar Creature.jpg
    #428 9 years ago

...and these...

mug.jpgmug.jpg
    #429 9 years ago
    Quoted from daniel0265:

work, go shooting, theme parks and BBQ (prefer to use the smoker

Pilots like to show off their stuff!

#430 9 years ago

I just can't stop buying these damn things! There are even MORE in the mail as we speak!

shot glass monster 6.jpg.jpgshot glass monster 6.jpg.jpg
    #431 9 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

I also collect/commission original paintings. (this one for my Creature Cigar Cave)

Cigar Creature.jpg 357 KB

I LOOOOOOVE this so much... I want it!!!

#432 9 years ago

My buddy will paint one for you on commission...

Go to www.cartuneland.com ...and tell Don, Ted sent ya!

#434 9 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

My buddy will paint one for you on commission...
    Go to http://www.cartuneland.com ...and tell Don, Ted sent ya!

Thanks Ted! He has tons of AMAZING art... I could get myself in a lot of trouble

#435 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinballa1983:

Thanks Ted! He has tons of AMAZING art... I could get myself in a lot of trouble

...and I have!
    Had a few made with me, the wife and friends put in....

marques ted harriet.jpgmarques ted harriet.jpg
    #436 9 years ago

love those mugs you have right there....

i've seen tiki mugs go for even more $$. you have any of those??

great collection, love it

Quoted from spfxted:

shot glass monster.JPG 254 KB

#437 9 years ago

Just bought this one!

mug 1.jpgmug 1.jpg mug2.jpgmug2.jpg
    #438 9 years ago

I mess around a bit working on cars/ trucks when the weather permits...

http://s1078.photobucket.com/albums/w497/slawnski/1964%20chevy%20c-10%20Montana/

When it's colder out, I'm in the basement working on pinball machines and making molds/ casting warhammer pieces with my son

#439 9 years ago

I collect Pez Dispensers.

Oh yeah, and I love to sail. Especially small Cats. Like a Hobie Cat 16 strapped in with a harness and get that bad boy up on one toon.

#440 9 years ago

I surf, hike, shoreline fishing, stand up paddle, brazillian jiujitsu, shooting, but my other 2 obsessions besides pinball now, are surgically accurate airguns and fishing for pelagics off my kayak. heres a video, try one you'll be hooked (free to shoot after you buy gun, extremely quiet, surgically accurate out to 100 yds, as powerful as a 22)

#441 9 years ago

Board games for being social. Lift 4 days a week and run 2 so that takes up most of my free time.

#442 9 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

Board games for being social. Lift 4 days a week and run 2 so that takes up most of my free time.

favorite board games? I love Ticket to Ride, and Settlers of Catan.

#443 9 years ago

image-963.jpgimage-963.jpgimage-19.jpgimage-19.jpgimage-740.jpgimage-740.jpgimage-944.jpgimage-944.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#444 9 years ago

This was at badlands on Attica In. The jeep was not ours by the way.

#445 9 years ago
    Quoted from Heatman:

The jeep was not ours by the way.

How fucked was that jeep?

#446 9 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

favorite board games? I love Ticket to Ride, and Settlers of Catan.

Battle For Souls when done as a four player game. Catan and Ticket to Ride get over played. There is just so much out there these days.

#447 9 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

Battle For Souls when done as a four player game. Catan and Ticket to Ride get over played. There is just so much out there these days.

Sweet. I need to try that one. Haven't played before.

#448 9 years ago

I dabble in politics and small personal loans.

#449 9 years ago

I film local short track racing!

There are 496 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-other-hobbies-do-pinsiders-have/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.