New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 75468)

What other hobbies do pinsiders have?

By nate1981s

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 496 posts
  • 267 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by ShinyBall
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 320 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2014-03-14_18.28.21.jpg
    2014-02-07_07.23.13.jpg
    U-5.jpg
    Mark.jpg
    MAX_3154copy_for_Todd.jpg
    bikes_and_amanda.jpg
    Boat1.jpg
    Herc_1.jpg
    34_bike.jpg
    1___5-21.jpg
    image.jpg
    IMAG0348.jpg
    IMAG0349.jpg
    IMG_20150522_125515281.jpg
    20140720_123450-344.jpg
    20130730_165348-1-383.jpg

There are 496 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 10.
    #351 6 years ago
    Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

please don't judge... but in my spare time i like to role play, dress up, and attend various conventions. i have a horsey named sparkle and my favorite color is pink. i love wearing horsey ears and a horsey tail. the other day at the mall a total stranger ran up to me and yelled bronie bronie!!!
    what's a bronie i asked? i had to look that one up. never heard of it. they even made a movie about us. too cool. any other bronies out there? i am always looking for new friends and companionship

image-109.jpg 46 KB

Hello,

I am a brony too but I just watch MLPFIM. I absolutely HATE how the fandom has evolved into an entire sub genre of the world. There are some people who have a subtle interest in the show (like me) but there are some who basically go insane with their love of sparkly horse.

Besides that I am also obsessed with collecting old Disney VHS tapes for some reason... never got how that crap got started

#352 6 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

I might have some stuff for you. I have to dig up what's left of my 16mm. I may still have a print of The Beast From 20,000 Fathoms....

Did they even make 20000 of Fathom? They should because it was a classic machine from the late 70s

#353 6 years ago

EM pitch and bats
    EM rifle games
    SAE stereo systems
    JBL studio monitors
    Rolex sport watches
    BMW 850csi
    Honda CT70H
    40's to 60's Beer neons
    Hamms motion signs

#354 6 years ago
    Quoted from atpcfiaim:

EM pitch and bats
    EM rifle games
    40's to 60's Beer neons
    Hamms motion signs

^^ pix ^^ ??

#355 6 years ago

I won't be home for a few days....

#356 6 years ago
    Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

please don't judge... but in my spare time i like to role play, dress up, and attend various conventions. i have a horsey named sparkle and my favorite color is pink. i love wearing horsey ears and a horsey tail. the other day at the mall a total stranger ran up to me and yelled bronie bronie!!!
    what's a bronie i asked? i had to look that one up. never heard of it. they even made a movie about us. too cool. any other bronies out there? i am always looking for new friends and companionship

image-109.jpg 46 KB

There were three dudes just like this on the Strip in Las Vegas last night in front of Planet Hollywood. As I said to my son as we walked by them with their music box and donation bucket where people were stopping and posing with them for photos; you can never unsee that. Diapers, bonnets and pacifiers.

#357 6 years ago

I enjoy collecting old jukeboxes, KISS memorabilia, vintage neon, old radios & anything old that takes a coin.

The "Stuff" is not what makes collecting fun. It's the wonderful & interesting people I meet along the way. Example... Dirtflipper mentioned that I could bring my Sky Jump pf to the cities when we were coming sometime. My wife dropped it off... he fixed up the flippers & added some new parts & didn't want to charge me! He really knew his stuff & was a nice guy.

Camping with my wife is my favorite thing to do.

IMG_20140626_205633887.jpg IMG_20140626_205701553.jpg IMG_20140626_205733951.jpg IMG_20140626_210819669.jpg
    #358 6 years ago
    Quoted from scampcamp:

I enjoy collecting old jukeboxes, KISS memorabilia, vintage neon, old radios & anything old that takes a coin.
    The "Stuff" is not what makes collecting fun. It's the wonderful & interesting people I meet along the way. Example... Dirtflipper mentioned that I could bring my Sky Jump pf to the cities when we were coming sometime. My wife dropped it off... he fixed up the flippers & added some new parts & didn't want to charge me! He really knew his stuff & was a nice guy.
    Camping with my wife is my favorite thing to do.

IMG_20140626_205633887.jpg 102 KB

IMG_20140626_205701553.jpg 167 KB

IMG_20140626_205733951.jpg 193 KB

IMG_20140626_210819669.jpg 128 KB

Cool radio...

Don't laugh but.....when I was a little kid my grandparents had a few of those really old radios and it confused the hell out of me how these old things were player the current music instead of the really old stuff. LOL again I was like 4 or younger.

#359 6 years ago
    Quoted from videorob:

Cool radio...
    Don't laugh but.....when I was a little kid my grandparents had a few of those really old radios and it confused the hell out of me how these old things were player the current music instead of the really old stuff. LOL again I was like 4 or younger.

if you ever figure it out, let me know

#360 6 years ago

Too many, lol. I used to have a 1981 Delorean but sold it after realizing I didn't have enough time to devote to pinball as well as maintaining a home.

Besides pinball I enjoy photography, video games, golfing, home theater (building / tinkering with my setup and watching films), computers and just recently started learning how to play the piano.

#361 6 years ago

In some of the radios I install a kit to the volume control so we can hook up a MP3 player & play the old time radio shows or whatever... I am going to see if the guy from Spooky Pinball would let me know where I can find the old 50's scary movie preview audio.

#362 6 years ago

You can find those all over the internet. Just Google it and follow the links.....one site usually leads to another.

#363 6 years ago

I found this just using your words "50's scary movie audio".......this came with video as well......but..... hey it is what it is... LOL

#364 6 years ago

I'd like to get into falconry. Not sure how I go about this.

#365 6 years ago

IMAG0025.jpg

#366 6 years ago
    Quoted from FatAussieBogan:

I'd like to get into falconry. Not sure how I go about this.

step 1: watch "Ladyhawke"

#367 6 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

step 1: watch "Ladyhawke"

step 2 : move to Mongolia.

#368 6 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

Step 3 : Channel Rutger Hauer.

#369 6 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

bud salutes the real men of mongolia

mongolia-manliest-man-1.jpg

i tried once, didn't quite get the same result... "i believe i can fly"

mongolian-fly-1.jpg

#370 6 years ago

I'll try to post a few photos.

PB100002.JPG PB100003.JPG PB100004.JPG PB100005.JPG PB100007.JPG honda 2.JPG honda 1.JPG
    #371 6 years ago

There are 2 games missing. Capt. Fantastic and an EM Mata Hari. I'll try to post more photos.

#372 6 years ago

BMW 850csi. Triple Black, V12, six-speed manual, 185mph all day long. Thing is a beast.

PB110009.JPG PB110010.JPG
    #373 6 years ago

None of my Gottlieb's showed up. I'll have to post more photos.

#374 6 years ago

New to the hobby of pinball, but my Williams Earthshaker I just purchased should be delivered in the next few weeks once the holiday is past. I am totally stoked waiting for it to arrive.

Other hobbies in no particular order:

PS3 Driving games using my personally built cockpit:
    IMG_0042.JPG

Home Theater-just finished my new room.

Running-I've already run 4 marathons thus far (KC, Memphis, Chicago, and D.C.), planning on more.

R/C cars-have a t-maxx and another car, though my interest is waning and has me considering selling them off

BBQ smoking. Been doing it for years on my Traeger Smoker.

My 2006 Mustang Gt-tons of mods
    mustang028.jpg

I'm also huge into Halloween, been carving pumpkins for years for my display. **Side note** some of these are based on patterns I created, others are from different sites on the net, but ALL are carved by ME. Here are a few of my favorites...
    Bill Fucking Murray 001.jpg

C3PO & R2D2 007.jpg

Frankenstein 030.jpg

Jason Vorhees 011.jpg

Terminator 002.jpg

Predator 032.jpg

If interested in seeing other carves of mine, I do have a website set up. PM me and I'll send you a link (I dont feel good about posting a link to my site on my very first post here. Seems a little too self serving imo).

Andretti

#375 6 years ago
    Quoted from atpcfiaim:

I'll try to post a few photos.

PB100002.JPG 173 KB

PB100003.JPG 169 KB

PB100004.JPG 252 KB

PB100005.JPG 191 KB

PB100007.JPG 198 KB

honda 2.JPG 274 KB

honda 1.JPG 283 KB

Is that a 1972 Honda CT70H? It sure looks like it by the Trail 70 logo and triangular speedometer. However, the muffler looks like one from a newer year. I have a '72 in Candy Green. 4-speed hand clutch as well. The no clutch 3 speeds did not come with the Trail 70 decals.

#376 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pincushion:

I also collect vintage Vespas, Silver Age Spider Man, 16mm film prints and movie one-sheets.

Thinking about scooter for a pin... Scooter would take up much less room!

#377 6 years ago
    Quoted from Andretti:

New to the hobby of pinball, but my Williams Earthshaker I just purchased should be delivered in the next few weeks once the holiday is past. I am totally stoked waiting for it to arrive.

Terminator 002.jpg 92 KB

Congrats on your first Pin! great williams System 11... get the sinking building mod if it doesn't already have it... Love the T-800!

#378 6 years ago

mrclean....I'm totally interested in the mod (sinking building mod)...that and getting a pink cadillac for the game, but have been unable thus far to find any for sale.

Hopefully, its just a matter of time.

Andretti

#379 6 years ago
    Quoted from Andretti:

mrclean....I'm totally interested in the mod (sinking building mod)...that and getting a pink cadillac for the game, but have been unable thus far to find any for sale.
    Hopefully, its just a matter of time.
    Andretti

http://www.basementarcade.com/arcade/4sale/Earthshaker/
    He say's on the website to email him... Sales Questions: Email me at mark@basementarcade.com

detailed install instructions:
    http://www.basementarcade.com/arcade/4sale/Earthshaker/ES%20Moving%20Building%20Final%202011.pdf

#380 6 years ago
    Quoted from Andretti:

I'm also huge into Halloween, been carving pumpkins for years for my display.

Holy crap that's cool! Great work!!

#381 6 years ago

I play a lot of Diablo 3

#382 6 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Thank you spfxted. Been carving now for almost 10 years.

#383 6 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Agreed! Totally badass. I'm REALLY into Halloween, but I've never been a particularly gifted pumpkin carver.

As for my hobbies outside of pinball and arcade games:

I play guitar (and a bunch of other stuff). If you google 30 Fathom Grave, you'll find my band. We've been inactive for a few years now, but I still occasionally write stuff with our lead singer.

Brewing beer. This is my father-and-son hobby that I do with the old man. Very relaxing and fun.

Halloween. I love all things related to the holiday, and there are various Halloween-y things up in my house pretty much all year round. In October, I take things up to 11 and go all out. I go to conventions as often as possible, and I collect autographed pictures/memorabilia of horror icons. The entire month of October is pure magic to me.

Somewhat Halloween related. This is the entrance to my game room, which my dad helped me build a few years ago. It's a book case, where you have to pull a particular book in order to enter my game room. Every other shelf is motorized, and books move forward and back on the shelves as if it's haunted. It's pretty sweet. Here's a video (though my collection of games is almost completely different now):

Tattoos. I've got quite a few. Right now, I'm about 2/3 finished with a classic Universal Studios Monsters sleeve on my right arm. So far I've got Frankenstein's Monster, The Bride of Frankenstein, Dracula, The Creature from the Black Lagoon, and The Wolf Man. Next up is The Mummy.

Frankenstein5.JPG

Frankenstein4.JPG

Bride tatt.jpg

Dracula tatt.jpg

Creature tatt.jpg

TheWolfMan1.jpg

Fitness. I work out and/or go hiking pretty much every single day. I like to stay active.

#384 6 years ago
    Quoted from 30FathomDave:

Somewhat Halloween related. This is the entrance to my game room, which my dad helped me build a few years ago. It's a book case, where you have to pull a particular book in order to enter my game room. Every other shelf is motorized, and books move forward and back on the shelves as if it's haunted. It's pretty sweet.

Fricking awesome.

#385 6 years ago

Yeah, thats cool as hell. Really awesome the way that looks and works.

Awesome tats too.

The best part about the pumpkins is they are foam....so they last forever. This way, I don't have to carve the same ones over and over year after year because I really like them but they rot and die after a few days. I carved real ones for two or so years and realized it wasn't allowing me to increase the size of my display on halloween night. This last year I put out over 60 pumpkins for display that I'd carved over the last 8 years.

#386 6 years ago

Can't believe not a singular falconer on here. Maybe people have other birds of prey??

#387 6 years ago

My 1971 CT70H hand clutch 4-speed has the wrong exhaust system installed from 1972. I have the correct 1971 exhaust and heat shield, but have not installed it yet.

#388 6 years ago

Can't believe not a singular falconer on here. Maybe people have other birds of prey??

I have a Model A, does that count -

#389 6 years ago

Do killer parrots count?

attackparrots.PNG

#390 6 years ago

@30FathomDave. I like your Invisible Man tattoo

#391 6 years ago

Well, ok ... all those pictures ... guess I need to post some too ...

First there's this ...

2013-10-05 21.51.35_1024.jpg

Which generally gets used for this ...

dragonconami.jpg

Plus there's this ...

2011_05140002_1024.jpg

And if I get bored with that, this ...

2013-11 NS 21st Steam-1.jpg

Meanwhile, there are a few who will recognize the significance of this ...

2013-09-21 13.08.44_1024.jpg

#392 6 years ago

Are those Vibrams any good?

#393 6 years ago

I love 'em ... nothing ... NOTHING ... is as comfortable, or easy on your feet/legs.

#394 6 years ago

I have inserts in my running shoes. I've always wondered if I could switch over and use those, but just figured I couldn't. But I've always wanted to try those out.

Andretti

#395 6 years ago

I'm gonna get a pair. How do the sizes run? I'm a 10.5. Should I get that size or 11?

#396 6 years ago

Try them on. I've had some I bought my normal size in, some smaller, some larger. They run a little funny. They are so comfy though...worth it.

#397 6 years ago

Vibrams are sized in european sizes ... there's a whole thing on their website for figuring out the size from the length of your foot in inches.

As for switching over to them, almost anyone should be able to ... just GO SLOW ...

There's nothing under your foot in these shoes, almost literally ... and you've been walking or running with raised and padded heels your whole life. It takes time to relearn your gait so you're landing mid-foot, and no longer walking/running on your heels.

#398 6 years ago
    Quoted from Flake:

Try them on. I've had some I bought my normal size in, some smaller, some larger. They run a little funny.

I'm going to buy from Ebay. maybe better to go a little larger?

#399 6 years ago

20140430_233320.jpg Always gonna be hockey, pinball, motorcycles and women. Any order.

#400 6 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

I'm going to buy from Ebay. maybe better to go a little larger?

Use the instructions on the website to find out your size, then order that size.

Once you have a pair, you will be able to see if you need bigger or smaller.

Also, after you wear 'em for a while, your feet change shape as they adjust to being ... well ... feet.

Your size might change, then.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Protection
    Pin Mods
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 20.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 289.00
    $ 95.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    M&M Mods
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Protection
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 29.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Ramp-O-Matic
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    The Pinball Place
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 229.99
    $ 149.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 25.00
    Lighting - Led
    Pinshakers
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    The Pinball Place
    $ 22.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 20.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 37.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 5.00
    Cabinet - Other
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 19.99
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 999.00
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    The Pinball Place
    $ 26.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    There are 496 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 10.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside