Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 496 posts
  • 267 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by ShinyBall
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2014-03-14_18.28.21.jpg
    2014-02-07_07.23.13.jpg
    U-5.jpg
    Mark.jpg
    MAX_3154copy_for_Todd.jpg
    bikes_and_amanda.jpg
    Boat1.jpg
    Herc_1.jpg
    34_bike.jpg
    1___5-21.jpg
    image.jpg
    IMAG0348.jpg
    IMAG0349.jpg
    IMG_20150522_125515281.jpg
    20140720_123450-344.jpg
    20130730_165348-1-383.jpg

There are 496 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 10.
    #1 10 years ago

Just wondering if if their is a pattern to people who like pins and to hopefully justify my own obsessive collecting habits.

I collect Pinball, arcade cabinets/pcbs, home theater/stereo and work in IT so some of it overlaps.

#2 10 years ago

I love designing logos, websites, collateral.

#3 10 years ago

Playing music, craft beer, cigars, shooting, and video games. I like to mess with those when not playing pinball...actually beer and pinball go together

#4 10 years ago

#6 10 years ago

I collect spores, molds, and fungus.

#7 10 years ago

punk rock, craft beer, roller coasters, pez, skydiving, politics, model rocketry, and star trek.

#8 10 years ago

I enjoy dancing with the devil in the pale moonlight.

I also enjoy silkscreening my own shirts, collecting classic video games, and cooking/gardening.

#9 10 years ago

I play guitar, fish in the summertime, and enjoy receiving lapdances from females on occasion.

#10 10 years ago

Golfing, poker, and lots of tv watching

#11 10 years ago

I work in IT, like playing guitar, collecting lionel O gauge trains, listening to rock/metal music, watching TV/movies, and DIY projects around house.

#12 10 years ago

I collect/restore muscle cars (specifically 1966 Ford Galaxies), pocket watches and a hell of a lot of dust (that I can give away for those that want it).

Steve

#13 10 years ago

I am attempting to learn how to make whirligigs.

#14 10 years ago

I like to drop acid and then go outside and watch ants mate.

#15 10 years ago

I build and fly Rc Helicopters - Trap,Skeet,Pistol shooting,Shoot pool, play poker - and collect lighters - and enjoy all video games

Goblin.JPGGoblin.JPG

#16 10 years ago

Have been collecting Gold/Platinum Record Awards since 1987 that the recording artists (And record company/Radio station personnel etc) get when sales reach a certain level for an album/cd etc (over 5000 awards and counting) My Avatar is of a Elton John 1975 Gold Record Award.

#18 10 years ago

Motorcycle collector, Old computer collector

25499_1370758274849_3179237_n.jpg25499_1370758274849_3179237_n.jpg
    #19 10 years ago

I am a hard core biker, long haired, long braided beard, medical clinic owner, nuclear electronics tech, car rebuilding, high tech gadget collector, early odopting pinball player... how is THAT for a picture!?

#20 10 years ago

I have way too many hobbies:

I love doing model railroading and airbrushing/weathering the trains:
    img_2946.jpgimg_2946.jpg

I enjoy racing RC 4x4 trucks with my son now that he is old enough to handle the gas powered trucks:
    5Ts-533.jpg5Ts-533.jpg

I fly RC Planes and Heli's:
    Mike P40-934.jpgMike P40-934.jpgDH1.jpgDH1.jpg

However there nothing like taking the family up in the real thing
    318PD.jpg318PD.jpg

#21 10 years ago

I collect vintage trail and mini bikes.
    100_1474.jpg100_1474.jpg

#22 10 years ago

Jeeps
    2012-09-02_11-33-58_562.jpg2012-09-02_11-33-58_562.jpg

#23 10 years ago

ham radio
    antique electronics
    classic Brit sports cars
    classic video games

and running out of space to get anything acomplished.
    Steve

#24 10 years ago

you mean there is something else beside pinballs?

#25 10 years ago

Guitar: playing guitar (some acoustic, but mostly electric, tending toward harder rock), collecting guitar effects pedals, building guitar effects pedals and amps (usually from kits), building and rearranging effects pedal board, alternating between obsessing over guitar gear and obsessing over pinball machines

Other: travel, softball, Scotch, Audi's, boating/spending time at lake cabin with family

#26 10 years ago

Is beer a hobby, or a way of life?

#27 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinbum:

I like to drop acid and then go outside and watch ants mate.

ants don't "mate". they have a queen located deep underground who lays all their eggs.

#28 10 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

punk rock, craft beer, roller coasters, pez, skydiving, politics, model rocketry, and star trek.

this guy sums me up.. tho.. little mo drinking little less model rockatree!

#29 10 years ago

hi-fi audio and vinyl, musical instruments, golf, biking

#30 10 years ago

Suuuuuuper bike ridin and collecting and playin old Nintendo games

#31 10 years ago

Thanks pezpunk , i could be mistaken but i thought i saw one doing something to another one. Seriouly i like to drag race, jet skiing, and going camping at the Peace River and finding fossil shark teeth.

#32 10 years ago

Growing Hardwood trees and drawing House plans

#33 10 years ago

Hi-fi, scuba, antiquarian print and book collecting, travel, skiing, rowing, gliding, woodworking, hiking, cycling, reading history and biography, ceramics, video editing, and (just a little) gardening. I'd try skydiving if my wife would let me!

#34 10 years ago

I'm also in to car customizing, playing drums in a punk band, graphic design, and playing airsoft.

#35 10 years ago

Motorcycles (DRZ400 supermoto), shooting, video games, skiing, good whiskey, lots of rock climbing when I was younger.

#36 10 years ago

Motorcycles. Like all brands but Beemers & Harleys have a soft spot for me. The Sturgis Rally. Last year was my 16th trip to Sturgis. I've owned several bikes in my life. Currently own bike #37 Harley Ultra and #38 BMW R100RT

Avatar photo taken along the Needles Highway in Custer State Park during the Sturgis Rally 2011.

#37 10 years ago

Cars. Specifically old muscle (Dream car is a 69 Superbee or a 70/71 Cuda), and current muscle (LOVE my 04 GT). Also big on cooking, Tiki Drinks and Culture, movies, and video games.

I forgot: Disneyland. LOVE that place. If they ever get rid of The Haunted Mansion and/or Pirates, I would never go back.

#38 10 years ago

My family is all in a local Karate program - going on 4 years. This year we should be testing for our blackbelts. Takes a lot of time, focus, and devotion.

#39 10 years ago

Gunsimage-464.jpgimage-464.jpgimage-269.jpgimage-269.jpg

#40 10 years ago

Classic cars (mostly commercial vehicles), collecting horror & B-movies, target shooting, craft beer, arcade/video games, graphic design, physics & cosmology.

Brian

#41 10 years ago

Video games, music sequencing. Drawing, extremely rarely. Too lazy to make music the "right" way. Would love to get into archery, but haven't found the money to set aside for it yet. Have fired a compound bow a few times and was a lot of fun.

#42 10 years ago

Up here in the great white north : restoring 60's Camaros & Firebirds, slot machines ( antique mechanical & IGTs ), home renovation, 3D CAD design, and looking for things . . .

Happy New Year

Steve

#43 10 years ago

Bikes..Harley's for the street..KTM for dirt

#44 10 years ago

I have collected Miracle on Ice 1980 Olympic Hockey sports memorabilia....

I have a ton of various stuff signed by the full team and coach Herb Brooks - skates, pucks, pictures, magazines, helmet, jerseys, even a baseball. I have a full set of unused tickets from every game the USA team played in 1980. The pinnicle for me was when I obtained an unassinged ice hockey Gold Medal that came out of the Lake Placid olympic archives. I kept it for a year or so and then decided something that was that much money sitting in a curio cabinet wasn't reasonable. I sold it off and guess what hobby that sale started me on... PINBALL ! Bought a Twilight Zone, Rocky and Bullwinkle, and Indiana Jones to start the addiction... Along the way I also almost bought the game winning puck, but I stayed on the sidelines for that one - the yahoo who caught it at the game when it went in to the stands on the ensuing faceoff drilled a screw in it and mounted it like a deer rack on a plaque - i was afraid of the devaluing of it by what he did to it... my mistake as it was later resold for quadruple what I could have bought it for ! Last year I bought MOI captain Mike Eruzione's equipment bag from the olympics and also his olympic parka, pants, and hat. My son wore his jacket out for pizza one night... lol... It's fun but nothing like pinball...
    Joe

eruzione.jpgeruzione.jpg eruzione2.jpgeruzione2.jpg goldmedalwells.jpggoldmedalwells.jpg
    #45 10 years ago

Bike riding & eating french fries haha

treej.jpgtreej.jpg
    #46 10 years ago

Brew a little beer, Fly a bit of RC Planes, Drafting my dream house for years now. It changes every few months A small amount of woodworking which kind of goes with collecting Arcade games. My problem is I dabble is too many things and really have mastered none of them.

#47 10 years ago

Golf , flying real airplanes,poker.

#48 10 years ago

Model railroading, collecting glass telegraph insulators, collecting some baseball cards, coaching girls softball

#49 10 years ago

Cool hobbies! One of mine is collecting and adding to my dude cave in this vid:

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/b_koenig/media/DSCN7619_zps4639b9f3.mp4.html

#50 10 years ago

Craft beer, golfing, hiking, running...

There are 496 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-other-hobbies-do-pinsiders-have/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.