What Other Games Are Like The Addams Family

By SantaEatsCheese

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

I wanted to know what other games are similar to the Adams Family in terms of Gameplay. I already have a Jurassic Park (the poor mans Addams Family) and really like the gameplay of both games. I was curious if there were any other games out there that you thought were similar in terms of gameplay (not concerned with theme).

#2 5 years ago

How about TOMMY? This is another game with a bunch of fun modes that are easy to start. There are cool toys (plane, blinders), several multiballs, good music and an attainable wizard mode.

Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I wanted to know what other games are similar to the Adams Family in terms of Gameplay. I already have a Jurassic Park (the poor mans Addams Family) and really like the gameplay of both games. I was curious if there were any other games out there that you thought were similar in terms of gameplay (not concerned with theme).

#3 5 years ago

I was going to say Dialed In!

#4 5 years ago

Is there anything specific about the gameplay that you like? Shots, modes, callouts, ?

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Is there anything specific about the gameplay that you like? Shots, modes, callouts, ?

It just seems fun. I like how every game plays differently because the mode order is randomized from the pop bumpers. There is a lot to shoot for, multiple ramps, multiple multi-balls, many ways to earn an extra ball. I really like the many different modes that are there.

I have a Jurassic Park and also feel that the modes (randomized with 6.0 code) feel like a different game every time.

The other game I have is a Hobbit, which also has a ton of modes.

Quoted from rai:

I was going to say Dialed In!

I'm not huge on the Addams Theme or Dialed In for that matter, but will be looking into getting more playtime on a Dialed In again soon.

It seems to me that Addams Family was the inspiration for the Jurassic Park Rules, and Possibly Dialed in as well. What do you think Addams took inspiration from?

#6 5 years ago

Not a lot of toys with it, but I love Game of Thrones. Heavy mode based game. Can be played many many different ways. I believe 5 multiball modes and a very attainable mini wizard mode with a more difficult to attain wizard mode. If you think you might be interested in GoT watch @chuckwurt 5 part tutorial to get a better feel for the game.

#7 5 years ago

I'm not huge on the Addams Theme or Dialed In for that matter, but will be looking into getting more playtime on a Dialed In again soon.
It seems to me that Addams Family was the inspiration for the Jurassic Park Rules, and Possibly Dialed in as well. What do you think Addams took inspiration from?

Addams is/was an archetypical Pat Lawlor pin. Cross-playfield shots, scoops to start modes, cross playfield ramps, etc. See Earthshaker, Whirlwind, and Funhouse before it...

That said, Monopoly is oft-called a "poor man's" Addams for the similar shot placement.

#9 5 years ago

I think you would really like No Good Gofers. I own both and both are designed by the great Pat Lawlor. Both whimsical in nature and callouts and have very attainable wizard modes...you also get a wide range of mode play where you definitely are not playing the same modes over and over. Super fun and a great value as well!

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from Grandnational007:

Addams is/was an archetypical Pat Lawlor pin. Cross-playfield shots, scoops to start modes, cross playfield ramps, etc. See Earthshaker, Whirlwind, and Funhouse before it...
That said, Monopoly is oft-called a "poor man's" Addams for the similar shot placement.

That's funny, I've never played Earthshaker, Whirlwind, or Funhouse, but have been drawn to all 3 based off of video. I'll get hands on one day. My Jurassic Park is a complete ripoff of the Whirlwind playfield with Addams family rules. No wonder I like it.

#11 5 years ago

That's funny, I've never played Earthshaker, Whirlwind, or Funhouse, but have been drawn to all 3 based off of video. I'll get hands on one day. My Jurassic Park is a complete ripoff of the Whirlwind playfield with Addams family rules. No wonder I like it.

You'd probably love GNR then, too, haha. Not very similar shot-wise, but rules are comparable. And the Addams "Power" ain't got nothing on the GNR magnets!

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from Grandnational007:

You'd probably love GNR then, too, haha. Not very similar shot-wise, but rules are comparable. And the Addams "Power" ain't got nothing on the GNR magnets!

I'm not a fan of band pins but I do seem to be a Data East fan (one of the few). I'll keep an eye out and give it a shot if I see one in person.

#13 5 years ago

Last Action Hero plays a lot like JP and to a lesser extent TAF, regarding modes. Light mode, collect, light mode collect. Actual 3 ball multi ball and a wizard mode. Also has "smart missile". No side flipper(s) though.

It is SO similar to JP that you actually may NOT like it if you own both.

#14 5 years ago

Gotta go with Ripleys for sure... I actually prefer it by a wide margin.

Shoot the vari-target to start a mode, successfully play through all modes to start killer wizard mode. It’s way harder to get to vs. tour the mansion (where you only have to start them all) but it’s super rewarding when you get there. Great use of upper flipper as well.

Will definitely get this back in my collection someday.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Boards
Slap Save Creations
Boards
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball
Rubber/Silicone
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 98.00
Lighting - Interactive
ArcadeMade
Interactive
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-other-games-are-like-the-addams-family and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.