New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 151016)

What other games are like Iron Man?

By ilovegames

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 58 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by rai
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 years ago

Another vote for BSD.

#52 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I will agree my cftbl is lighting fast and if you miss a shot then say goodbye. . The out lanes and enormous gap between the flippers just eat up missed shots lol.

Couldn't have said it better. I have always thought that precision is the only way you can do anything on Creech and that it can make anyone a better player.

Just for yuks, I checked and the average ball time on mine is 42 secs. What is it on yours?

42 secs sounds very brief but in pinball it could feel an eternity. Don't know.

#53 4 years ago

America's Most Haunted

#54 4 years ago

My Metallica games were very long, not a good comparison. BSD, T2 and HS come to mind. The very over looked and underated TF's pro which is fast as lightning and brutal, you can achieve some long ball times but for the most part it will kick ur ass.

#55 4 years ago

Nice avatar, Kuato!

#56 4 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

The pins cited above are good surrogates but (IMHO) none of them are truly like IM. May be BSD or ACDC, but there are both lacking a bash toy very close to the flippers.
I was lucking enough to have IM in my house for 2 months as a loan. If I had to summarize my feeling, fast and brutal come first, as noted, followed by very addictive music and call outs, and a great bash toy. Extremely addictive.

In this context, fortunately no 2 are alike.....think Op was just looking for opinions of games relative gameplay....only one TZ, TAF, TRON, etc. ( oh, and AC/DC , MET, as well)

#57 4 years ago

The pins that are similar to IM tend to have common qualities. Candidates should have these aspects: a) poorly aimed shots lead to quick drains b) game play is fast or furious c) short ball times d) a good deal of attention is required to setup for MB or mini-wizard mode e) simple yet solid rule set f) mode stacking encouraged g) variance in game scoring between an ok game and a great one are large h) creates the desire to play one more game.

With that said, I'd suggest seeking out and playing:

Centaur
Flash Gordon
BSD
Tron
MET

#58 4 years ago

I'm thinking that Met is 'safer' than IM because when I play Met there's more thinking involved in what shot to hit to get a coffin hurry or what row I want to work on to get CIU progression.

With IM, I shoot on the fly more since there's a lot of different things to qualify at the same time. So I play more fast and loose rather than slow and steady.

Tron is more like IM to me in rules and I tend to play more zen or just let it fly.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 22.50
There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside