(Topic ID: 228351)

What old movies should have a new pinball title?

By Bublehead

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

gi-joe-the-cartoon-movie-storm-shadow-destro-the-baroness-tomax-major-bludd-cobr (resized).jpg
    gone-in-60-seconds-cinema-quad-movie-poster-(1).jpg.cf (resized).jpg
    1978---crippled-avengers.jpg_1384968217.cf (resized).jpg
    Time Bandits (resized).jpg
    young_guns (resized).png
    91D0F38A-7589-4578-9EB4-40A661050065 (resized).jpeg
    B1201AA9-E1F8-4DC7-9A12-FFA25D6FE423 (resized).jpeg
    003274R1.jpg
    dreamscapeposter. (resized).jpg
    21E2918B-F6D5-46C9-9FAA-164FDBAE0C8F (resized).jpeg
    FRIGHTENSTEIN_new_11_x_14 (resized).jpg
    thelma_louise (resized).jpg
    1C761C60-AC05-404D-9E54-817D6F7ACCFF (resized).jpeg
    D8814B8F-4365-4F06-AAC6-C9ADF34FF5B5 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    twok-header (resized).jpg
    There are 147 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 5 years ago

Logan's Run

Sanctuary, Carousel, the Circuit, Sandmen, Runners, Box, monorails, time crystals, destroying the computer, etc.

#102 5 years ago
    Quoted from TractorDoc:

Strange Brew would be a Beauty, Eh?
    [quoted image]

They could produce it in 3B to compete with Oktoberfest.

#103 5 years ago

I hope we don’t start down the N road... unless it is Hogans Hero’s, which has been historicaly given a pass due to comedy. Doing Nazis respectfully is a super controversial issue, even Sound of Music would have Nazi problems... War Movies are historic, pinbal is usually more light hearted, but you put war in a future setting with aliens and bugs... and war looks great! And Inglorious Basterds was the weirdest fictional war movie I have ever seen... but I digress...

But Das Boot would make a good pinball... but maybe thats just my old submariner life showing a little. If not already listed-
    Run silent, Run Deep
    Crimson Tide
    Hunt for Red October
    K-19

#104 5 years ago

There can only be one... Highlander

#105 5 years ago

Stephen King's It. You can choose to play as a kid and run from Pennywise or you can play as Pennywise and try to kill as many snot nosed brats as possible!

#106 5 years ago
    Quoted from Hammer1021:

Championship pub: Rocky addition. Just imagine the call outs.

I believe what you are requesting is a Rocky V pin.

"In the ring...in the ring... Tommy Gunn only fights in the ring"

"My ring's outside"

#107 5 years ago

This could be pretty fun to make....Hell track would be awesome under the glass.

D8814B8F-4365-4F06-AAC6-C9ADF34FF5B5 (resized).jpegD8814B8F-4365-4F06-AAC6-C9ADF34FF5B5 (resized).jpeg
    #108 5 years ago

This would be a creepy fun game, it screams make me and it already has silver balls in it.

1C761C60-AC05-404D-9E54-817D6F7ACCFF (resized).jpeg1C761C60-AC05-404D-9E54-817D6F7ACCFF (resized).jpeg
    #109 5 years ago

With an exploding tanker truck toy, of course...

thelma_louise (resized).jpgthelma_louise (resized).jpg
    #110 5 years ago

Frightenstein
    Great music lots of characters and leaves room for original modes. I use to love this show so much as a kid well still love it.

FRIGHTENSTEIN_new_11_x_14 (resized).jpgFRIGHTENSTEIN_new_11_x_14 (resized).jpg
    #111 5 years ago

I still say Warriors would be a fantastic movie to produce a pin out of. Think about it, it would incorporate elements from most pin themes that came before it. Roller skates, baseball, amusement park, the ocean, the call out warriors come out and playeeyay.

#112 5 years ago

I’ve always liked the idea of a Gremlins themed pin....
    But what about a pin like The Shawshank Redemption? Build up to a final escape from prison?
    Or Pet Sematary for a horror theme? Definite cool toy ideas!

#113 5 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

I still say Warriors would be a fantastic movie to produce a pin out of. Think about it, it would incorporate elements from most pin themes that came before it. Roller skates, baseball, amusement park, the ocean, the call out warriors come out and playeeyay.

You could have the dj chick narrating your progress through the pin. Yeah, lots of possibilities given the variety of scenes in the movie.

#114 5 years ago

Hitchcock. If not Vertigo, maybe To Catch a Thief

21E2918B-F6D5-46C9-9FAA-164FDBAE0C8F (resized).jpeg21E2918B-F6D5-46C9-9FAA-164FDBAE0C8F (resized).jpeg
    2 weeks later
    #115 5 years ago

True Grit pinball would be amazing

#116 5 years ago
    Quoted from TwoHeartedMale:

True Grit pinball would be amazing

For John Wayne, I'd take The Cowboys over True Grit. Could have a LotR type system since there are so many boys on the quest.

#117 5 years ago

Dreamscape would be another cool pin. I'm actually surprised it hasn't been remade. With today's visual FX it could be really mindblowing.

dreamscapeposter. (resized).jpgdreamscapeposter. (resized).jpg
    #118 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Dreamscape would be another cool pin. I'm actually surprised it hasn't been remade. With today's visual FX it could be really mindblowing.

Yeah but like pretty much all remakes it will lose its character. I say leave it alone like they should have left Robocop and Total Recall and countless others.

#119 5 years ago

Rocky 1 through 4.

#120 5 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Yeah but like pretty much all remakes it will lose its character. I say leave it alone like they should have left Robocop and Total Recall and countless others.

It really depends on the producer/director/writer. Updating something doesn't have to make it worse. I think the Westworld HBO series is miles beyond what the original movie (and its sequel, Futureworld) were able to do. Revisiting a popular show and updating it well can be done.

#121 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

It really depends on the producer/director/writer. Updating something doesn't have to make it worse. I think the Westworld HBO series is miles beyond what the original movie (and its sequel, Futureworld) were able to do. Revisiting a popular show and updating it well can be done.

I don't watch westworld but I agree that it can and has happened, especially when they re did old time films from the 40's 50's in the 70's 80's where u now have color and better sound and FX all that jazz. The issue for me lies within the acting/actors and ruining what I regard as better overall FX with CGI crap. Not that CGI can't be great but take The Thing, new version sucks as do most horror/fantasy/Sci Fi films I can't think of one re make that even comes close to the OG, ofcourse as with pinball its all personal taste.

#123 5 years ago

Monty Python and the Holy Grail

003274R1.jpg003274R1.jpg
    #124 5 years ago

Bring out your dead multiball.

#125 5 years ago

Jaws
    Mad Max
    91D0F38A-7589-4578-9EB4-40A661050065 (resized).jpeg91D0F38A-7589-4578-9EB4-40A661050065 (resized).jpegB1201AA9-E1F8-4DC7-9A12-FFA25D6FE423 (resized).jpegB1201AA9-E1F8-4DC7-9A12-FFA25D6FE423 (resized).jpeg

Either one is shut up and take my money!

#126 5 years ago

Yep and u can add a proper Stern Alien, Predator, Robocop, Total Recall, Running man, Blade Runner and Slayer.

#127 5 years ago

Blade Runner for sure

#128 5 years ago

The Labyrinth, Hellrasier, Dukes of Hazzard, The Last Starfighter which someone is making one, The ATeam, Night Gallery, ok need to think about movies now sorry, but yes on Predator

#129 5 years ago

Id like to hear this in a game, with the same Movie for a Game!

Nothing like battling the Romans!

#130 5 years ago

I like the Hitchcock idea- but maybe ‘The Magic of Alfred Hitchcock’ or ‘Alfred Hitchcock Presents’ - big silhouette on the back glass. Famous B&W stills from Psycho- The Birds, etc. and each mode is a different famous scene from one of his iconic films.

Also- in the horror vein- we need a new Nightmare on Elm Street pin. Also a Friday the 13th and a Halloween pin. Also- a Universal classic monsters pin- not cartoony. Black and White. I’d be all over that

#131 5 years ago

IMO Top Gun would make for an amazing theme. There could be a handful of good modes and some really cool toys, for ex, a jump ramp through a jet, or the the multiball start, something like T3 where the ball is shot out at you but from a jet, or like the rocket ship in A13, buy when it kicks out it has a similar speed to the lock kickout of indy 500

#132 5 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

Jaws
    Mad Max
    Either one is shut up and take my money!

Yeah, I came in to say mad max series. I think that would make a fantastic pin. The movies are all really different so the modes can be really creative. The sounds are great as well. The sound of the blower when max turns it on in road warrior is awesome, even if it doesnt exist (supercharger that switches on and off that is).

#133 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tomass:

Why has no one made Princess Bride? So much you could do with that. I could hear vincini callouts "THE CLIFFS OF INSANITY!".

"Inconceivable!"

#134 5 years ago

I'd be down for this...

young_guns (resized).pngyoung_guns (resized).png

#135 5 years ago
    Time Bandits (resized).jpgTime Bandits (resized).jpg
    #136 5 years ago

Two classics that would be smash hits - assuming the play action was good. Little Shop of Horrors or Rocky Horror Picture Show (a little ‘gay’, but cult classic and great tunes)
    I loved Forbidden Planet as a kid, but do not think it would make a particularly good pin.

#137 5 years ago

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

#138 5 years ago
    Quoted from Vegas9:

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Yeah this would be great, I'd like to be able to choose from the 3 main characters at the beginning of game. Angel Eyes would probably be my go to. The best Western theme out there for a pin by far.

#139 5 years ago

"Blondie!! You know what you are....... just a dirty sonofa--- Ayee-Ayee-Ahhhhhhhhh......."

#140 5 years ago

Fast in the furious ,cannonball run , A team , Nash Bridges. ? just a name a few !

#141 5 years ago

Super Troopers

8 months later
    #142 4 years ago

Oh fuck.............. wrong movie.......... lol

#143 4 years ago

Slap Shot, American Graffiti, Apocolypse Now, Scarface, and Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

#144 4 years ago

With Sterns new way of making pins (jp) I think king Kong. Godzilla and smokey and the bandit.

#145 4 years ago

A "Shaw Brothers" pin would be amazing. This one is my favorite.

1978---crippled-avengers.jpg_1384968217.cf (resized).jpg1978---crippled-avengers.jpg_1384968217.cf (resized).jpg
    #146 4 years ago

70's car chase movies also would make a sweet pin. Does not get much better than this!

gone-in-60-seconds-cinema-quad-movie-poster-(1).jpg.cf (resized).jpggone-in-60-seconds-cinema-quad-movie-poster-(1).jpg.cf (resized).jpg
    #147 4 years ago

Us 80's kids need this pin!

gi-joe-the-cartoon-movie-storm-shadow-destro-the-baroness-tomax-major-bludd-cobr (resized).jpggi-joe-the-cartoon-movie-storm-shadow-destro-the-baroness-tomax-major-bludd-cobr (resized).jpg
    There are 147 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-old-movies-should-have-a-new-pinball-title/page/3?hl=twoheartedmale and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.