Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Fezmid
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

My grandkids were here over the holidays, and asked me about the backglass. Here's what NOT to say.

The 8 YO granddaughter wanted to know why her underwear had holes in it - my answer was because she tooted a lot and needed the ventilation so her underwear would not be stinky all the time.
The boys (5 & 7) wanted to know why her pants were not pulled up all the way. I told them she was trying to be modern by not pulling up her pants.

I have since been made to see there may have been an error in my answers. (Wifey wasn't happy, but she didn't have what I thought were better answers.)

Anyone else have experiences like this or have better answers?

#2 5 years ago

In todays society your answers make perfect sense. Now for the people who can't be pleased ever no matter what you say, your screwed. lol I guess telling them that she was a spy who slept with and killed the enemy wouldn't be acceptable?

#3 5 years ago

I would have said she's a spy and she's trying to get secrets from that man and nothing else. Sometimes a simple truth is easier than a messy lie.

I would follow up with this is fantasy and if they play spies I expect them to keep their clothes on!

#4 5 years ago

Great thread. Did you seriously say this to the kids ? If so you are my hero - great way to think on your feet. You should do a podcast where the kids ask questions about any sort of objectionable pinball artwork and you get some pinball 'experts' who try to stumble to answer them.

#5 5 years ago

growing up i thought he was a magician and she was his assistant

#6 5 years ago

Pinstar - yes I did, hence the consternation from wifey. I do like the idea of saying he was a magician and she was the assistant, maybe I'll use that if they ask again next visit.

I don't think I should be the one to explain sexual favors to the grandkids, at least not at this time. I don't know if they play spy, so for now, its a wait and see. Truthfully, I was laughing on the inside at my answers.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

I would follow up with this is fantasy and if they play spies I expect them to keep their clothes on!

What are you going to do if they start playing Doctor

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

Before reading this thread, I still thought that lol. I guess I never really looked to closely at the backglass.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

First saw the Mata Hari in a bowling Alley in Delaware, summer of 1979 and that’s exactly the same thing I thought they were. (And probably for a few years afterwards).

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from Billc479:

My grandkids were here over the holidays, and asked me about the backglass. Here's what NOT to say.
The 8 YO granddaughter wanted to know why her underwear had holes in it - my answer was because she tooted a lot and needed the ventilation so her underwear would not be stinky all the time.
The boys (5 & 7) wanted to know why her pants were not pulled up all the way. I told them she was trying to be modern by not pulling up her pants.
I have since been made to see there may have been an error in my answers. (Wifey wasn't happy, but she didn't have what I thought were better answers.)
Anyone else have experiences like this or have better answers?

You ought to try explaining the Aladdin’s Castle genie with flashing titty-tassels to an inquisitive 5 year old boy. Lots of stuttering and stammering.

#11 5 years ago

What do you tell your wife about Mata Hari?

#12 5 years ago

Had EXACTLY the same experience over the holidays with my 7 yr old grand-daughter. Except it was Paragon.
So I asked her what she thought was happening. She thought the lion was going to eat the lady but the man was going to kill the lion.
Works for me - heck, I don't know what the story is there.

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from 64bsstp:

Had EXACTLY the same experience over the holidays with my 7 yr old grand-daughter. Except it was Paragon.
So I asked her what she thought was happening. She thought the lion was going to eat the lady but the man was going to kill the lion.
Works for me - heck, I don't know what the story is there.

That's exactly what you should do - reflect back and let them answer. Then say, "That's a good idea!"

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Boards
Troxel Repair

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 69.00
1,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-not-to-say-to-kids-about-mata-hari-backglass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.