20161019_185032 (resized).jpg
20161113_151328 (resized).jpg
20161113_151337 (resized).jpg
IMG_0219 (resized).JPG
IMG_0214 (resized).JPG
IMG_0215 (resized).JPG
IMG_0213 (resized).JPG
pasted_imageOc almost done. (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider embryonjohn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Dialed in it's crazy fast, has a killa spinna, drops, pops (5 total) replacing slings and oh, did I mention the booooobs...

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from Okarcades:

I love old Chicago. The pops by the outlines are always exciting!

They spit you out faster than anything I've seen. They're 1.5 inches from the outlane, and when the ball hits the apron all you can do is shake your head.

#6 7 years ago

Sure you've heard of the 1st talking game or the 1st game with in-line drops. But how about the 1st game with exposed nipples?
Just say'n...

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Will own one of these one day. Gotta have a 72 FB and this pretty gal. John did you see that cab re-design thread on here a few months back ? Holy shit I thought they knocked that one outta the park.
Fun machine. The art, like college girls, will never, ever, get old.

I've been trying to order it for days but you have to pay in €uros. It turns the cab art into a Bugsy Siegel novella. Couldn't be better!

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Nice looking game. Not a huge fan of the layout your shots are pretty limited by those pop bumpers.
I have a nice one haven't had a chance to set it up yet.

It does narrow it down a pinch. You just can't cast away balls to the left or right just to be defensive as they'll be spit right back at you down the out lane.

#18 7 years ago

Someone had these colors on a prior thread:

"Rust-oleum - satin magenta for the stripes and satin summer squash for the bubbles. Gloss warm yellow for the apron and shooter cover. The base color of the cab does not appear to be pure white. I am going to use heirloom white"

#20 7 years ago

My apron's purple is so faded I just might. I have one good cabinet side with just some fading and I don't see any splatter or webbing.
I've also seen that the (just above the flippers) 2 1/8 inch white lane guides on some machines are 1 sided with the plastic side on the backside leaving the rubber ring (and all the extra bounce it would add) exposed near the flippers. I'd like to find out which is correct, but I don't think I could take anymore action near the flippers with the rubber exposed.

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from VDrums2112:

OC is one of those games I have very fond memories of from childhood. There was one at the place my sisters took gymnastics. I'd get usually 50 cents from my Mom and play OC, Mata Hari (SS), Capt. Fantastic, Fireball (EM), etc. When I'd run out of quarters I would just study the games visually, sometimes for hours.
OC has always been on my watch list and I finally picked up one about a year ago with a perfect (no exaggeration) back glass and 9/10 playfield and a 5/10 cabinet. I took it to the Louisville Arcade Expo 2016 this year and it did great all weekend. They always have door prize drawings for people that bring games to the show. One of the prizes was an OC CPR back glass. Towards the end of the show one of the organizers came and found me to tell me I had won a door prize. And wouldn't you know it, I got the OC back glass! My father-in-law is going to build me a light box to display one of them in. Haven't decided which one yet though.
-Steve

There's something about those Bally Backglasses. They really hold their paint

#26 7 years ago

Sure does toughen it up a little. Needed something to balance out all that purple, pink and sea foam green.

#32 7 years ago

Here's the link on the designer. That not my OC in the cabinet photos, it's his and he's deserves an award for that.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-very-unique-old-chicago-new-cabinet-design

Quoted from NicoVolta:Wow... did you create that custom cab art? Looks VERY nice!!!
Old Chicago is one of my favorite pins. Looks great, plays great. Love those late 70's Bally's with the top arch rail... sexy.

1 week later
#45 7 years ago

Here's one in Delaware

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from callmesteam:

How do you light the upper right saucer? It seems to always score 500 points on my game, but I don't really see a rule for lighting it. Thanks.

Good question.

Anybody?

#52 7 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Finally got around to setting up my OC. Plugged it in and it even works great. Took some quick pics before I start the cleaning process.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

Looks real shweet. Nice deep colors on your backglass.
I was just playing mine for an hour. It's gotta be one of the biggest ass-kickers out there. Hence my previous post on how do you light the top saucer for 5K? It's so brutal I don't think I ever spelled OLDCHICAGO to light it and find out...

1 week later
#61 7 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

After months of countless hours rebuilding all of the mechanicals, replacing all of the crappy Bally light sockets & fuse holders - it lives. No major problems or smoke released - score reels reset, scores as it should, over the top buzzer works, extra ball & special works, knocker works, & no flickering/dim bulbs. Yeah, there's some adjustments that need attending to, but that was expected.
Drops work, but don't stay latched up every time & has a dead 1,000's chime, nothing that will take too much time to fix.
Now I'm tearing it back down for a cabinet paint job......... this won't take too long (I hope), no damn Gottlieb webbing to mess with.

So glad you're taking the time to do it right. My family of four originally wrote off my OC as an outdated EM, then one night we played 4 player... They couldn't believe how fast the game is and how much perfection it demands from each player just to stay alive: there's no clearing aside shots to catch your breath cause if you do you serve it right up the the pops and down the drain it goes. I now catch them playing it all alone.
I'll take a photo of where my red posts were originally in the AM

#64 7 years ago

Wow...
It faded more than Gottlieb's red backglass paint

#69 7 years ago

What's the deal with those craked posts. I've rehabbed plenty of pinball machines that had white posts and none of them had splitting right down the middle like OC did. It was almost uniform in the way they all split. They must of been running through a bad batch or something when they made OC.

#70 7 years ago

I do like the occasional red post thrown in the mix as mine had 4 in various places. Kinda looks like the red light district

2 weeks later
#78 7 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

OC head totally stripped, ready for spot fill, sanding & base coat this weekend.

Wow!
It's on now

1 month later
#92 7 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Left side of head, 2nd color....

Unmasked!

Outstanding
Looking forward to seeing it done

1 week later
#97 7 years ago

I like everything including the wheeled legs. I'm so using that trick

3 weeks later
#106 7 years ago

Mine hardly ever reset all at once either. I thought it was the ghost of John Dillinger taking some target practice

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider embryonjohn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-no-love-for-old-chicago?tu=embryonjohn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.