Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by jeffsgames
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

I've collected video arcade games for over 16 years and this past year I finally got my first pinball. I got an Earthshaker that I had to shop/restore. It had a nice playfield and cabinet but was beat up from not being shopped for years. I put a ton of time and parts into it and it came out great. This past weekend I traded it for a very nice WCS94. The family LOVES that game. The gameplay and theme fit us very well.

I'm currently selling a few more vids from my collection that are not long term keepers for me personally. My plan is to take this money plus some other cash I've been saving and getting a second pin. I know of all the great A-titles out there that I would love to have, but I think I ultimately will only end up with about $1,500 - $1,600 to spend on a decent game. I want to get a good DMD game, with a solid rules set and a family-friendly theme. I don't want something I'd have to put hundreds of dollars into restoring. I don't mind doing a typical shop job with rubbers and a few other parts but don't want to have to fully rebuild a playfield or do any kind of artwork restoration. I'd rather put what I can towards the best machine possible.

When trying to figure out what I would want next, I've been looking though Pinside quite a bit at all the machines I really like to play. I've also been reading through the Marketplace forum. I saw a W?D not far away that would be a fun game but they were asking $1800 and the pinside "estimated value" was $1200 - 1400. Do those estimated values usually run low or are they for the most part accurate? I like that game and the $1400 seems low to me.

Anyway, I know there are some great pins out there in this price range. What recommendations would you have for me to look into? I'm in the Midwest in the South Bend, IN area and would be willing to do some decent driving if the right machine were available. I don't want to ship.

Thanks!

Jeff Waldron
http://www.jeffsgames.com

#2 12 years ago

Hi,

I found pinball pricing is regional. Where I live pins tend to sell higher than the average listed price shown on Pinside. I use the following links to track prices so I can give a reasonable offer.

Ebay auction sales prices
http://www.mindformation.com/cgi-bin/ebaypins.pl

Mr. Pinball auction sales prices
http://user.xmission.com/~daina/auctions/index.html

and I see what people are asking for a comparable pin on the Mr Pinball classifieds.

and then the pricing info here.

My experience on Craigslist pricing is that people are generally overly optimistic on their pricing.

As for a cheaper DMD, how about LAH?

Hope this info helps

#3 12 years ago

Prices have gone up and I wouldn't use pinside as a buying guide. The reason being is it uses data that goes back years and years when games were cheaper.

Check the completed section on ebay and see what things ACTUALLY sold for, not what they asked.
www.bostonpinball.biz
www.pynball.com
www.mrpinball.com (search the classifieds, what range are the asking prices)
www.rgparchive-removed.com (run a search with the name or acronym +price check, pay attention to the dates, and you will see how it has trended over the years)

As for what to get? I would pass on W?D personally, they never really finished it. In that range I would look at Fish Tales, Jurassic Park (I will be selling mine, but for a little more than you are budgeting), The shadow, Tales From the Crypt, Stargate, or you might be able to swing a few sterns. Monopoly and World Poker Tour are both in that range if you look.

#4 12 years ago

For your next pin, I would suggest to you what was suggested to me when looking for my first pin;

http://pinside.com/pinball/top-100/bangforbuck

You'll notice that your WCS is #3 on the DMD side. You can't go wrong with any of the top 20 on there.

Later,
EV

#5 12 years ago

Thanks Melbourne. I heard that LAH is pretty cool but never played it. I'll check it out! Also thanks for the links. I've never heard of Mr. Pinball.

#6 12 years ago

@Dung, thanks for the recommendations. WPT would be my choice of any of those. I really like that pin. The other titles look great too! How much are you asking for JP? I spend a lot of time in Indy so I'd possibly be interested.

@EchoVictor, that's exactly what kind of list I'm looking for. Thanks for the heads up. Now to find one of those machines for sale nearby once the vids I have for sale finally sell. Very cool!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucaipa, CA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Sussex, WI
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-next-pricing-guide-accurate and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.