11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Bischt
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

photo_(1).JPG
    images-3.jpeg
    photo-165.JPG
    #1 11 years ago

Solar City has become a parts machine, Play field will be made into a nice Oak framed coffee table to hold beers in the shop. So there is now room for just 1 more. What shall it be??

photo-165.JPGphoto-165.JPG

#3 11 years ago

why is solar city a parts machine ?
    what happened

#4 11 years ago

Solar City was in very poor shape, maybe a 2-3/10 at best. After playing it at a friends I really did not like the game- too heavy on targets for my liking (what can I say i thought I would like it by its looks, but when I played it I was not impressed). I was going to sell it, had an offer of $100, but decided it was useful to me for three reasons:
    1. Parts machine
    2. Backglass on wall as art/collectible
    3. Play Field as a coffee table

So, those three things are worth more than $100 to me, and that is what I decided to do. Also did not want to put a lot of time and resources into a game I don't like. I was advised I may burn in Pinball Hell but I will take my chances.

I know this was a popular game and many people love it, but not me. ces't la vie- other projects and a new Pin in the future for me. Here is a photo of the coffee table concept, I am getting a quote from a friend tomorrow.

images-3.jpegimages-3.jpeg

#5 11 years ago

Chicago Coin FireCracker.

#6 11 years ago

Well, I never like to see a working game parted out, but of all the El Dorado layout versions, Solar City gets the least love. I had one, sold it, don't miss it......

#7 11 years ago

Coffee Table is being made and this is what is next. Love this one.

photo_(1).JPGphoto_(1).JPG

#8 11 years ago

Very cool idea! What are the dimensions of an EM playfield?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-next and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.