(Topic ID: 212231)

What new repro parts are you dying for currently?

By MalikyeMoon

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 103 posts
  • 71 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 79 days ago by MalikyeMoon
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

tales (resized).PNG
    BBB (resized).jpg

There are 103 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 1 year ago

Hi Friends,

I'm working with a couple of professionals to recreate some key parts for pins that we know and love that don't exist, NOS options aren't out there, and have mostly all broken by now. One of those resources has some bandwidth for new projects currently so I am using this as a poll. What parts are you currently missing that multiple people need?

We are not talking about Backglasses, Plastics, playfields, or general hardware (there are great companies that do all this already). More specifically I am referring to parts that need to be molded with high quality plastics (no 3D printing crap) because they were too thin, wear down over time, become brittle after 30 years, etc. I work with a professional who creates prototypes for top toy manufacturers and celebrities, and several crafty industry folks, and they really enjoy helping out niche hobbies like ours. It makes me feel good to have helped so many with what I've learned from this hobby.

Let me know what your ideas are, and we may just add yours to the list!

#2 1 year ago

Banzai run lifter housing for motorcycle.

#3 1 year ago
    Quoted from MalikyeMoon:

Hi Friends,
    I'm working with a couple of professionals to recreate some key parts for pins that we know and love that don't exist, NOS options aren't out there, and have mostly all broken by now. One of those resources has some bandwidth for new projects currently so I am using this as a poll. What parts are you currently missing that multiple people need?
    We are not talking about Backglasses, Plastics, playfields, or general hardware (there are great companies that do all this already). More specifically I am referring to parts that need to be molded with high quality plastics (no 3D printing crap) because they were too thin, wear down over time, become brittle after 30 years, etc. I work with a professional who creates prototypes for top toy manufacturers and celebrities, and several crafty industry folks, and they really enjoy helping out niche hobbies like ours. It makes me feel good to have helped so many with what I've learned from this hobby.
    Let me know what your ideas are, and we may just add yours to the list!

Every couple of months/years, someone says this exact same thing. Then they never actually make anything.

#4 1 year ago

White Water topper.....sigh

#5 1 year ago

Capcom wireform part # WF00135 #2 in the attached picture.

LTG : )

BBB (resized).jpg

#6 1 year ago

TFTC door handle and corresponding assembly. I made my own with a door handle from wal mart but it looks like crap!

tales (resized).PNG

#7 1 year ago

main plastic ramp for Jurassic Park

#10 1 year ago

DESW death star, R2 body, head & legs
    Bally atlantis submarine
    FH Rudy head gears
    Gameplan drop targets
    Atari superman drop targets
    Corvette motor
    Goldeneye helicopter
    Black rose cannon shell
    Grand Lizard head

#11 1 year ago

Who Dunnit slot machine reels -

#13 1 year ago

Plastic ramp for Robocop.

#14 1 year ago
    Quoted from MalikyeMoon:

We are not talking about Backglasses, Plastics, playfields, or general hardware (there are great companies that do all this already)

Not really.

Plastics, playfields, and backglasses for pretty much every Williams pre 1970 game.

#15 1 year ago

Upper vacuum formed playfield for Space Station.

But like post #3 said, these bar conversations never amount to anything.

#16 1 year ago

Red and white back-box animation balls for Rack-A-Ball, Bowling Queen, Mibs, Soccer, Super Soccer, 300 etc.

#17 1 year ago

Dr Dude big shot figure. Like original
    Dr Dude ramp
    Remake the orbitpinball Cirqus Voltaire ringmaster protector.

#18 1 year ago

Since it sounds like you're limited to strictly plastic parts, based off your post, you may want to make that obvious or you'll get a bunch of responses that include complex assemblies/items beyond the scope of what you're offering.

As far as plastic parts go: Williams drop target sliders - not available AFAIK (except as 3D print stuff) and do wear out, especially the screw holes on the early banks that use the horseshoe contacts, and the same piece fits across a huge year range of games from the very first drop target games into the more modern stuff.

Richard

#19 1 year ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

Every couple of months/years, someone says this exact same thing. Then they never actually make anything.

It never hurts to keep trying. Eventually, something could happen. If all it takes from me is to type out a few words on a computer, why not?

#20 1 year ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

FH Rudy head gears

Actually from this thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/warning-funhouseroadshow-gear-problem

I ordered both the full 360 degree gears as well as the 90 degree gears from Al Meekins at https://gearsmade.com and they are amazing quality. Not cheap at all, but well worth it. The OP in the thread must have had another issue since they work great for me in my Road Show (still have yet to find a great Funhouse, but I have the gears for it when I do!).

#21 1 year ago

Coinco (Coin Acceptors, Inc) coin door parts:

Coin entry bezel

Coin entry buttons

Coin return bezel

Coin Return flap

Coin reject "porkchop"

#22 1 year ago

Bally solid state;

rail post C-907
    Rail Post Cap C-908

#23 1 year ago

Hey we managed to help a lot of people out with their Pinbots and Batmans so far. Looking for more projects that may fit into the wheelhouse.

I have a space station myself with one of those flimsy repro flat stations on top. I'd like to make a better top piece. The Upper playfield is a nice idea. Mine is intact and I have a clear blue ramp (not installed) from that ltd run, but the upper section would be useful. I'll see what we can do with that.

Keep the ideas coming! For now I am focusing on plastic type parts yes, but there are always options for others. It does help to have access to a pin for a sample and testing (ie: my collection or friends), or at least obtain an NOS part for prototyping.

#24 1 year ago

There are some nice ideas in a few of your response lists. If you have the pin to correspond, and are willing to loan out a part for molding let me know.

#25 1 year ago

Door on lock trunk for Pinball Magic. Thats a small easy one.

#26 1 year ago
    Quoted from Boat:

TFTC door handle and corresponding assembly. I made my own with a door handle from wal mart but it looks like crap!

door handles are on ebay! outside part, at least!

#27 1 year ago

any and all sega/data east ramps!

#28 1 year ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Black rose cannon shell

Rick says the cannon is in the works. Hopefully by May.

I know, we have heard it before...

#29 1 year ago
    Quoted from Axl:

Rick says the cannon is in the works. Hopefully by May.
    I know, we have heard it before...

He also said the Who dunnit slot reels would be made available again, but I don't think I've seen them pop up in a while.

#30 1 year ago

All of the plastic buildings on Fire!

#31 1 year ago

I have NOS Fire! buildings for mine ready for a someday replacement (center main, center left and right, and the entire left ramp and building combo). Mike Paycak has a few in a box still (at least he did two years ago), and I got the last new one Larry had from L&M for the left side before he closed shop.

Since I have them and the pin, I'll see what we can do with these as well. Thanks!

Agreed on the DE ramps and parts. So hard to find. I have a TFTC, Batman, and TMNT in my collection. Large Vac forms are new territory. I am acutely aware Pinbot could use a new main ramp as well. They are all brittle. I have a NOS DE Batman main ramp that I paid thru the @$$ for, and have not installed (working on recreating the missing decals currently for that and the joker ramps).

#32 1 year ago
    Quoted from MalikyeMoon:

I have NOS Fire! buildings for mine ready for a someday replacement (center main, center left and right, and the entire left ramp and building combo). Mike Paycak has a few in a box still (at least he did two years ago), and I got the last new one Larry had from L&M for the left side before he closed shop.

Since I have them and the pin, I'll see what we can do with these as well. Thanks!

That would be awesome...It's rare to find a Fire! w/o broken buildings.

#33 1 year ago

Data East Jurassic Park main ramp would be great, I would order one; not wanting to be a Debbie Downer but if you went to all the trouble would some lawyer send you a my client owns the copywright/patent please stop making these or else?

#34 1 year ago

Torpedo Alley caves would be nice to have. Apparently most of them are pretty beat up, as are mine.

#35 1 year ago

Hi Malikyemoon,
    If you don't make your own space station, you could always buy one of mine.
    made out of PETG, vacuumed formed. The ones in the first part of the post were a test model but now I have a really nice mold.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vacuum-formed-my-own-space-station

Brian

#36 1 year ago
    Quoted from goingincirclez:

Torpedo Alley caves would be nice to have. Apparently most of them are pretty beat up, as are mine.

I have a spare left cave for trade.

#37 1 year ago

This - I have never seen one of these for sale.

#38 1 year ago

I'd throw in a vote for the old Bally logo lane guides (eg Playboy). White and red in an assortment of lengths. Don't know if licensing would be an issue though.

#39 1 year ago

These but not at that price

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/59723

Bally head hinges too!

#40 1 year ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

I have a spare left cave for trade.

Hmm, my left is the nicest of the three, but how is yours and what are you looking for in trade?

#41 1 year ago

I briefly had a Torpedo alley but had to sell it before I could get to that one. If anyone is willing to send me their caves, I could have all 3 reproduced. They are one-piece with the plastics/landscape adjascent, so I would need to mold all 3 in Grey, and they hand-paint the colors and details.

Let me know if you have them. Even if they are a bit broken we can repair that in the molding process.

To answer an earlier question - Yes a cease and desist would suck, but they happen. No one is actively pursuing Data East licensing currently however, so if they don't want to help the market, then get out of the way. I am not making any kind of big cash on these projects, mostly just helping others.

#42 1 year ago
    Quoted from bpull:

Hi Malikyemoon,
    If you don't make your own space station, you could always buy one of mine.
    made out of PETG, vacuumed formed. The ones in the first part of the post were a test model but now I have a really nice mold.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vacuum-formed-my-own-space-station
    Brian

Thanks! My Space station actually has one of these from the previous owner. I wanted to make something a little more substantial looking tho, but it isnt high on the list of there are Vac formed replacements available. I tried looking at every model available thru time online at one point as a starting point, but nothing that already exists would fit the bill.

#43 1 year ago

Any item from the unobtainium threads.

#44 1 year ago
    Quoted from MalikyeMoon:

I briefly had a Torpedo alley but had to sell it before I could get to that one.

Heh, wonder where it went, just about a year ago no less? I still absolutely love it! Oddly enough, whenever my kids have a bunch of friends over, it gets a lot of love from them too. Must be its lightheartedness shining through the unexpected bursts of brutality.

The caves are still as rough as you last saw them... actually I repaired / reinforced them when I shopped it out after bringing it home so they might be a little better, and they have held up well... but of course they weren't any longer "perfect" to begin with and the existing epoxy meant I wouldn't be chasing perfection anyway. But they look passable for sure.

Problem with molding them is I think they might actually have to be clear because of the translucent effects in the adjacent art, especially for the yellow lettering in the blue areas. Average hobbyists won't be able to paint this themselves.

#45 1 year ago

I could have them molded in translucent plastic (like the Batcaves), paint from the inside, and then top off the ground details with colors of the other details before clearing (for any paint on top of, instead of beneath). I was going to keep the pin for this project but couldnt afford to hold on to it amongst the others at the time, so we did think about it a bit.

Glad the kids are enjoying it btw!

If you are interested in loaning them out for a month let me know. It will be a smaller batch requiring a fair amount of work, but I can at least come up with a price point for the set after reviewing the mold and production costs with my guy, and then add some time for the art on top and see if the end cost is viable for the collectors.

#46 1 year ago
    Quoted from eh97ac:

These but not at that price
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/59723
    Bally head hinges too!

Thanks for the input. Not looking to recreate metal parts currently (others are set up for that already).

#47 1 year ago

I think a lot of Party Zone owners would like a new Captain B. Zarr head. I know I would.

#48 1 year ago

EM Score Reel slide locks.
    Ramps. Ramps. Custom ramps, to order ramps, nothing Licensed. A consistent request from hundreds of threads is a replacement for worn/bogus ramps.

1 week later
    #49 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I think a lot of Party Zone owners would like a new Captain B. Zarr head. I know I would.

I don't own a Party Zone, but this could be doable as well. If someone was willing to ship me their Head so we can create a prototype and a mold that would be a good start. Let me know if you are interested.

#50 1 year ago

Who Dunnit center ramp, slot reels and slot motor.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 36.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    £ 55.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 1,099.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 39.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 15.00
    Lighting - Led
    3D MODS
    $ 34.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 299.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    ...redshiftLED
    $ 63.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 26.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 1.95
    Various Novelties
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 149.00
    $ 25.00
    Apparel - Unisex
    Project Pinball Charity
    £ 45.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 14.99
    Electronics
    PinballElectronics.com
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 269.99
    There are 103 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside