Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 235 posts
  • 101 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Pinballgeek
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What should be the next music pin?”

• Ozzy 21 votes
      8%
    • Iron Maiden 60 votes
      24%
    • Rush 27 votes
      11%
    • Beatles 33 votes
      13%
    • Led Zepplin 35 votes
      14%
    • Pink Floyd 36 votes
      14%
    • Areosmith 11 votes
      4%
    • ZZ Top 8 votes
      3%
    • Van Halen 20 votes
      8%

(251 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

carpenters.jpg
    pac-man-zebra-crossing.jpg
    poster.jpg
    062809_ramones_fam.jpg
    ramonestales.jpg
    ramonesacid.jpg
    Eddie_Van_Halen_(2078350560).jpg
    meatmen-war_of_the_superbikes.jpg
    beat_time.jpg
    Phantom_Creep.gif
    Dragula2.gif
    Dragula.gif
    cher.jpg
    ohno.jpg
    John-Lennon-bloody-sunglasses.jpg
    ohno.jpg
    There are 235 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
    #101 11 years ago

Actually, I think Journey would be a very popular pin. If you think about it they have fans from 6 to 60. Everyone who grew up listening to them had kids and the parents played Journey CD's in the minivan for them. A new generation has grown up with them now creating an even larger fanbase.

My daughter is in college now and she tells me Journey is very popular at the frat parties.

... along with that Bohemian Rhapsody song everyone sings over & over...

#102 11 years ago

I vote for none. No more music pins, my wallet can't take it!

#103 11 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I bet the Ghostbuster guy could add a soundtrack and soundFX and it would be great.

I wonder if he knows / accepts / appreciates that he is now and forever Ghostbuster Guy?

#104 11 years ago

Iron Maiden is the next big hit title out of state if done right like this Metallica pin is designed, etc. That is my vote since a Motörhead or Scorpions or Monsters of Rock pin will never be made.

#105 11 years ago

I get the feeling music pins will be the new go to theme/genre for Stern in place of superheroes.

#106 11 years ago

I can't believe Iron Maiden is beating The Beatles, Led Zep and Pink Floyd. This whole thread is blowing my mind.

#107 11 years ago

I dont like the poll choices.

But when i can pick my own choice it would be a DJ pin. With some top DJs UMEK, tiesto, Carl Cox, vanburen that sort of stuff.

#108 11 years ago

How about a Bad Religion pin?

#109 11 years ago
    Quoted from BackFlipper:

I can't believe Iron Maiden is beating The Beatles, Led Zep and Pink Floyd. This whole thread is blowing my mind.

All 3 are superior bands based on popular culture, but this is pinball?

#110 11 years ago
    Quoted from PinballMikeD:

Obviously pinball demographics are not consistent or congruent with pop culture.

#111 11 years ago

Could be that the vote is being split between Beatles, Zep and Floyd, since you only get one choice. Also, who knows how many people signed up for multiple accounts today just to vote for their choice more than once. Online polls aren't very scientific.

#112 11 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

Obviously pinball demographics are not consistent or congruent with pop culture.

That's what I said, just don't get it.

#113 11 years ago

That's what I said, just don't get it.

Neither do I.

#114 11 years ago

I would pick The Beatles, and then I would not buy one.

#115 11 years ago
    Quoted from BackFlipper:

In the Iron Maiden vs Metallica thread, Iron Maiden had 2x the votes.

Iron Maiden does not get any Clearchannel airplay in the States, but in the rest of the world, they are beyond huge.

#116 11 years ago

Are all you people voting for Iron Maiden in on a huge flash mob prank or something? Is this just bit committment, or what? I revisited some Maiden in the last week, and I just don't get it.

#117 11 years ago
    Quoted from redbirdpat:

Also, who knows how many people signed up for multiple accounts today just to vote for their choice more than once.

Who would bother with all that trouble, just to vote for a pinball machine that won't get built?

#118 11 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

I revisited some Maiden in the last week, and I just don't get it.

That's what's great about music; not everybody gets it.

Some people listen to Herbie Hancock or Miles Davis and can't hear what they are doing.

Some people listen to Bach and can't understand the mathematical interactions.

Others only like what they hear repeated on the radio 50x a day.

Makes for an interesting world.

#119 11 years ago

Maiden!!!!!!!!!

#120 11 years ago

Roy Clark-oh, wait.....
    Doc

#121 11 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

That's what's great about music; not everybody gets it.
    Some people listen to Herbie Hancock or Miles Davis and can't hear what they are doing.
    Some people listen to Bach and can't understand the mathematical interactions.
    Others only like what they hear repeated on the radio 50x a day.
    Makes for an interesting world.

In college I majored in music for 3 years prior to switching over to engineering. We studied Bach, Miles, Herbie, and many more. Hell, we even played the Beatles in Jazz band once. I must have cut class on Iron Madien day?

#122 11 years ago
    Quoted from BackFlipper:

Don't feel bad, those three bands would never give Stern the license anyway. They may as well not be in the poll.

#123 11 years ago

I must have cut class on Iron Madien day?

Me too....don't need any more "Head Banger" sh*t! ZZ top and Van Halen out of that group....

San Antonio was THE heavy metal capital back in the late 70's and 80's....any doped out head banging scuzball out there came through here...

#124 11 years ago

Skinny Puppy

#125 11 years ago

Floyd!

#126 11 years ago

In college I majored in music for 3 years prior to switching over to engineering. We studied Bach, Miles, Herbie, and many more. Hell, we even played the Beatles in Jazz band once. I must have cut class on Iron Madien day?

Iron Maiden is just not for you.

That lets someone else get your LE.

#127 11 years ago

Last week Clay went and fixed Tesco's pins. Tesco had a huge basement full of space toys - very cool.

meatmen-war_of_the_superbikes.jpgmeatmen-war_of_the_superbikes.jpg

#128 11 years ago

How about some Iggy and the Stooges, Ramones, or Sex Pistols!

#129 11 years ago

1993 Eddie Van Halen for the artwork and a young DLR also
    [IMAGE]http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File%3AEddie_Van_Halen_(2078350560).jpg[/IMAGE] Eddie_Van_Halen_(2078350560).jpgEddie_Van_Halen_(2078350560).jpg

#130 11 years ago

Pink Floyd???? I love the band ad i am a huge fan, but come on people!!!! Take your tired grandpa slippers off. Pink Floyd was my all time favorite depression band, I don't want that shit clashing with my pinball fun!

#131 11 years ago

Ask this question next year. No more music pins until at least next year.

#132 11 years ago

THE RAMONES !!!!

Very popular and iconic with all ages.

Excellent art as well. The last one was done by Rob Zombie.

ramonesacid.jpgramonesacid.jpg ramonestales.jpgramonestales.jpg 062809_ramones_fam.jpg062809_ramones_fam.jpg

#133 11 years ago

Where is Black Sabbath, Judas Priest and Jimi Hendrix on this list.....

Hendrix could be interesting...

#134 11 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Who would bother with all that trouble, just to vote for a pinball machine that won't get built?

There are so many crazy people on the internet trying to prove their point, it wouldn't surprise me at all. Even for a poll that hardly anybody is going to see. And as you said, for a pinball that's not going to be built.

#135 11 years ago

there is only one band worthy of their own pin. SPINAL TAP!

#137 11 years ago

Frank Zappa, duh! LE version would be Apostrophe, I think.

#138 11 years ago

It looks like Iron Maiden is the leader. That is one of the two that I would buy. Lets see what they decide to do next, hopefully its Maiden!

#139 11 years ago

No need to argue which band should be next. I made a music database and everything mentioned so far is in the database.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-database-of-bandsartists-that-deserve-a-pin#post-794203

#140 11 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

THE RAMONES !!!!

+1 million

I've been on a Ramones kick lately.

#141 11 years ago

What and no one has mentioned def leppard it Will make a amazing pinball great music great pin if you haven't heard of them look them up on youtube

#142 11 years ago

Iron maiden and def leppard are the music pins if my father has the cash as he owns the machines will definitely get and I know that without a doubt

#143 11 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Frank Zappa, duh! LE version would be Apostrophe, I think.

The Zappa LE version would be "We're Only In It For The Money" if Stern made it, and If JJP made it then it would be the "Over-Nite Sensation" LE

#144 11 years ago

Ok, went and watched some Maiden stuff of Youtube. I didn't get them as a kid back in the 80s and still don't now. I can appreciate the fact that they at least can play musical instruments compared with most contemporary artist you hear on the radio today. Their music is fast, which I guess is better for a pinball machine. However, it's lacking in melodic content compared with many of the alternatives previously mentioned. I'd take Queen, Zappa, Floyd, Zeppelin, Beatles, etc. before another metal band.

If you want fast paced rock, why not Muse? At least they are contemporary, have some heavier songs, and their music features melodies. They have elements of metal, vocal harmonies like the Beatles and Queen, feature great piano and guitar solos, and often have orchestral and choral arrangements within their music.

#145 11 years ago

ok who would the current music pinball be if the poll choices seem outdated other than pop country . that would not sell well in european market . or hip hop . i really wanna know ? what current bands or groups

#147 11 years ago
    Quoted from rockfantasyman:

ok who would the current music pinball be if the poll choices seem outdated other than pop country . that would not sell well in european market . or hip hop . i really wanna know ? what current bands or groups

I would think MUSE would sell well in Europe, wouldn't you?

#148 11 years ago

Post this thread in sterns facebook page they will look at it

#149 11 years ago

Rob Zombie / White Zombie

Kick ass music with cool artwork too.

#150 11 years ago

Tough choice from that list. I voted for ZZ Top, but would consider Maiden & Rush, but honestly, after AC/DC & Metallica, I can't even tell you if I'd consider another music pin. I'd probably be more likely to buy a Motley Crue than any of those listed. While pretty commercial rock, their tunes would be a lot of fun to play pinball to and are very recognizable to the general public (i.e. when I have parties people aren't saying "why do you have an Iron Maiden pinball machine"). Probably not enough good material for a pinball machine though. Oh well, like I said, for me I could care less if another music pin is ever made. I'm more interested in unique or original themes!

There are 235 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-new-music-pin-should-be-next-a-pinside-consensus/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.