Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 235 posts
  • 101 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Pinballgeek
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What should be the next music pin?”

• Ozzy 21 votes
      8%
    • Iron Maiden 60 votes
      24%
    • Rush 27 votes
      11%
    • Beatles 33 votes
      13%
    • Led Zepplin 35 votes
      14%
    • Pink Floyd 36 votes
      14%
    • Areosmith 11 votes
      4%
    • ZZ Top 8 votes
      3%
    • Van Halen 20 votes
      8%

(251 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

carpenters.jpg
    pac-man-zebra-crossing.jpg
    poster.jpg
    062809_ramones_fam.jpg
    ramonestales.jpg
    ramonesacid.jpg
    Eddie_Van_Halen_(2078350560).jpg
    meatmen-war_of_the_superbikes.jpg
    beat_time.jpg
    Phantom_Creep.gif
    Dragula2.gif
    Dragula.gif
    cher.jpg
    ohno.jpg
    John-Lennon-bloody-sunglasses.jpg
    ohno.jpg
    There are 235 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
    #51 11 years ago

I'm down for a Slayer pin - last weekend I put on 'Decade of Aggression' and was putting up some nice scores on some games...

Slayer-Homer.jpgSlayer-Homer.jpg

#52 11 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Wait until you see all the Beatles votes, and the have been gone since what, the 60s?

Dude, seriously WTF with all the Beatles votes?

They have been gone 44 years, my grandfather used to listen to them!

Do they even have a single song fast enough to "drive" a pinball game?

#53 11 years ago

Yeah the title of the poll should be, "Which over-the-hill rock band should a new music pin be based on?"

But the Beatles would have made a good one.

#54 11 years ago
    Quoted from cichlid:

Might have something to do with the fact they are the greatest selling act in music history?
    I don;t think you need a "fast song" to drive a pin...sounds like very recent thinking.

#55 11 years ago
    Quoted from cichlid:

You may not get The Beatles or even like them. But they are the most popular group of all time. That's what is with all The Beatles votes. No group has sold more albums than them since 2000, let alone all time.

#56 11 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Too new for the pinball crowd.
    Every band on the list is from the 60's or 70s.

How about Pearl Jam then? One could reasonably argue that the "Ten" album alone had more good songs than Metallica's whole catalogue.

#57 11 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

How about Pearl Jam then? One could reasonably argues that the "Ten" album alone had more good songs than Metallica's whole catalogue.

Wow...not a fan of Metallica but Pearl Jam is just dreadful. "reasonably argue" must mean diff'rent things to us

#58 11 years ago
    Quoted from redbirdpat:

But they are the most popular group of all time.

And FOR all time!

#59 11 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Wow...not a fan of Metallica but Pearl Jam is just dreadful. "reasonably argue" must mean diff'rent things to us

You must be confused with the Pearl Jam music after 1995 as compared with before 1995.

#60 11 years ago

Pearl Jam please.

#61 11 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

You must be confused with the Pearl Jam music after 1995 as compared with before 1995.

Well I know Ten had Jeremy on it...that's enough to kick them to the curb for all times; Chick Rock.

#62 11 years ago
    Quoted from PinballMikeD:

As far as music is concerned, I’m pretty sure more people around the world listen to the Beatles than “insert Metal Band here.” Perhaps more pinheads are head bangers than Beatle fans, but the Beatles have sold more albums (246.1 million in certifiable sales) than any other band period. They released 23 studio albums in a 7 year period (24 if you count the White album as two records). They generated 20 #1 hits in the US over a 6 year period, more than any other band or solo artist to date.

Quoted from cichlid:

The Beatles are like comfort food for the older generation. Just like chicken soup or meatloaf, you are not going to order it at fancy restaurant, but if someone puts it in front of you, you'll eat it and not complain.

Like I said in one of the 100 other music pin threads:

How about a tour wizard mode where Brian Epstein has sex with John Lennon in Spain?

A McCarthy Multi-wife Multiball (Software could update to add extra balls in the future)?

A playfield toy where you have to stick a foot into John's mouth after he says Christianity is in decline and that the Beatles have become more popular than Jesus Christ?

A collapsed lung mode where George has to avoid getting stabbed in the chest?

A LSD trip mode with reversed flippers and backwards messages?

A violence against women Run for Your Life song mode?

A baby butchering mode?

=

All joking aside, the Beatles' debauchery would make Metallica look like a Sunday School Choir.

butcher-cover-beatles.jpegbutcher-cover-beatles.jpeg

#63 11 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

How about Pearl Jam then? One could reasonably argue that the "Ten" album alone had more good songs than Metallica's whole catalogue.

Does saying something like, "Yer f'ing insane", count as reasonably arguing? Seattle can be a cool place to live, but there's so many things to hate about it. Pearl Jam and Nirvana are right up there. So embarrassing.

EDIT: Hey, whoever doubled the vote count on ZZ Top to a big ol' two, cheers!

#64 11 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

The Beatles are like comfort food for the older generation.

I think it's just better music.

#65 11 years ago

I could get behind some Beatles acid period...but I don;t want any of that bubble gum stuff in there. Never under stood it.

#66 11 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I could get behind some Beatles acid period...but I don;t want any of that bubble gum stuff in there. Never under stood it.

Preach. I think The Beatles only deserve credit for their psychedelic shit which was pretty awesome. Back when they were covering black guys and barfing sticky sweet syrup into the crowd to be lapped up by coeds they were dead awful.

#67 11 years ago

It's all for nothing anyway.

There is no way there will ever be a Beatles pin because Yoko is never going to allow it.

(At least not without John's bloody glasses that she takes on tour and charges $75 for you to look at).

ohno.jpgohno.jpg John-Lennon-bloody-sunglasses.jpgJohn-Lennon-bloody-sunglasses.jpg

#68 11 years ago

Also, I think McCartney is horrible. Elinore Rigby and .5 of a Day in the Life are the only things I can think of of his I like. So Acid era only John & the boys. That sounds good to me.
    man that band would have come out better if Paul was really dead.

#69 11 years ago

Was there ever a Michael Jackson pin?

#70 11 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

No. Which is strange because he was a player.

#71 11 years ago

...and plenty of hit songs!

#72 11 years ago

A THRILLER pin....I'm ALL IN!!

#73 11 years ago

ohno.jpgohno.jpg

#75 11 years ago

Name the only music artist to have top 10 hit in the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, and 00's.

#77 11 years ago
    #78 11 years ago

Kenny Rogers & Golden Earring

#80 11 years ago

Beatles I would assume

#81 11 years ago

Artist? So it's not a group...

#82 11 years ago
    Quoted from starfighter:

Name the only music artist to have top 10 hit in the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, and 00's.

George Strait?

#83 11 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

A THRILLER pin....I'm ALL IN!!

Aou shamown

#84 11 years ago

Random Fact: Garth Brooks failed alter ego Chris Gains is Australian

#85 11 years ago

Hint: she's awesome

#86 11 years ago

Dolly is all i can think of...missing an obvious one.

#87 11 years ago

Cliff Richard

#88 11 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

(At least not without John's bloody glasses that she takes on tour and charges $75 for you to look at).

I've seen that nonsense before.

I'm going to pay money to look at a dead guy's glasses while a witch collects the cash and calls it art?

Hell no.

#89 11 years ago

Answer: Cher

cher.jpgcher.jpg

#90 11 years ago

Cher! That's right! I forgot she's 108

#91 11 years ago

A Rob Zombie pinball with Robots, monsters, zombies, boobies and fire while playing Thunderkiss, More Human than Human Dragula, Superbeast, Living Dead Girl, Spookshow Baby, Meet the Creeper or hell...just the entire Hillbilly Deluxe CD.

Dragula.gifDragula.gif Dragula2.gifDragula2.gif Phantom_Creep.gifPhantom_Creep.gif

#92 11 years ago

Dammit I knew that...well played starfighter.

That's like the oscar acting nominees 60s, 70s, 80, 90s, 00s...which I believe there are 2.

#93 11 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

They are mostly old men.
    Wait until you see all the Beatles votes, and the have been gone since what, the 60s?

I would love to see the Beatles but it took Apple years to be able to sell the Beatles music on iTunes and pay them millions in royalties. Good luck trying to get a pin done….

#94 11 years ago

You said she not he

#96 11 years ago

Cher looks great, whoever embalmed her did a good job!

#97 11 years ago

There is no way there will ever be a Beatles pin because Yoko is never going to allow it.

You could put some Beatles music to Beat Time, it plays slow enough to be a good match to their music, and it has great artwork.

beat_time.jpgbeat_time.jpg

#98 11 years ago
    Quoted from cichlid:

it plays slow enough to be a good match to their music

Watch yourself there Sparky!

#99 11 years ago
    Quoted from TurboTim:

Cher looks great, whoever embalmed her did a good job!

Yes .. I'd like a large order of fries and I'll also take my Cher Zombie Pin now...

#100 11 years ago
    Quoted from cichlid:

it plays slow enough to be a good match to their music,

Quoted from spfxted:

Watch yourself there Sparky!

He's about right.

Beat Time is a popular game that is not too fast, but still challenging.

I bet the Ghostbuster guy could add a soundtrack and soundFX and it would be great.

There are 235 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-new-music-pin-should-be-next-a-pinside-consensus/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.