• Latest reply 8 years ago by John_I
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image_(resized).png
26a_(resized).jpg
There are 99 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 8 years ago
Quoted from Drewblood419:

Maybe I should clarify, if you have space for one game with a $10k budget and want the best game for that spot what would it be

If I had space for one more game and $10k budget I would buy one of those: ST Pro / TWD Pro or Prem / Mustang Boss / Ghostbusters and spend the rest on 1) the NIB opening party 2) vacations/WE with The Wife.

#52 8 years ago

LL by P3 is an amazing and great game, an excellent addition to any pinball collection.
But given the following:
*just getting into the hobby
*only having room for a single machine
*spending 10K
*wanting to hit a home run out of the gate

I keep coming back to the fact that all brand new, undelivered but great sounding titles are a risky proposition until they have been out in the wild for a while and have nearly final version code.

#53 8 years ago

Right now, probably a Woz because my wife likes it, but I wish we knew what Alien was going to look like and play like. Even with the subpar playfield artwork that's been shown, it still has incredible potential.

#54 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Hobbit or WOZRR75

I second this. Oh what, I have a Hobbit.

#55 8 years ago

I don't think WOZ would be his first choice lol plus with all the issues that can arise with WOZ (not trying to bash) he may lose the last bit of his hair over it. I have a friend close by with a rrwoz that has a gremlin in it that is baffling both of us and has been for a month or so. So I guess reliability is also of concern in the choice. He liked playing my MMR but being that it is across the street to play it may be better for him to go with somthing else (maybe game #2? Lol)

If reliability is an issue, then I'd go with ACDC PREM, TRON, or GBLE (though we don't know its reliability). But these list of pins are brutal player games.

If this is not for me and for a new pinhead with limited skills, I'd go MM, MB, or MET LE (if he likes the music)

#56 8 years ago

Monsterbash. It's not the hardest game but god damn I love that silly theme.

#57 8 years ago

MB is a good suggestion AFMr would be good too. Hopefully he gets a game that's either not 20+ years old and in need of constant fixing or if it is older it's been well taken care of lol. I'm sure either way I'll be over there helping him learn the fixing/tweaking side of things but having a 2 year old to keep up with my time is much more limited than it used to be lol needless to say I'm trying to push him towards newer sterns although my MMR has been solid and repair free (so far so good )

#58 8 years ago

I get the question and certainly appreciate the varied answers. I've had a lot of pins come and go over 6 years now. NIB, high end restored, players games, and projects. It's still hard to find a game with more overall package than Medieval Madness. I would say get an MMR. It's got great flow, humor, challenges for the skilled player, and the adult language can be turned off. It's just all around fun!

Your friend has a great problem!

#59 8 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

I get the question and certainly appreciate the varied answers. I've had a lot of pins come and go over 6 years now. NIB, high end restored, players games, and projects. It's still hard to find a game with more overall package than Medieval Madness. I would say get an MMR. It's got great flow, humor, challenges for the skilled player, and the adult language can be turned off. It's just all around fun!
Your friend has a great problem!

I totally agree that's why I went for a MMR my neighbor comes over and plays it in fact that's why he has decided to buy a pin but he wants somthing different since he can play my MMR otherwise I'd say the same AFMr may be the ticket but we will see how it all pans out I also convinced him to go to southern fried gameroom expo in June if he can't find a pin he loves there there may be no hope lol hahaha

#61 8 years ago

With 10K I would buy a very clean Joust Pinball or a mint Varkon.

#62 8 years ago

Never would I spend 10k on a pin. I'd take 3k and expand the space to accommodate more pins and then use the remaining 7k to get 3, maybe 4 pins, in the 2k-3k range. I've yet to find one single pin that is so satisfying you don't need anything else.

#63 8 years ago

I think this thread needs a poll! I vote Hobbit or WOZ RR.

#64 8 years ago

HEP Hardbody!
Oh wait, that was Centerflank's and or, O-Din's answer...
My bad.
HEP Future Spa!
You would have enough money to get the proto art done for both BG+PF to boot AND have custom sounds/speech/music/lighting if you wanted it...
Maybe some etherial tracks from Stereolab for the music?

#65 8 years ago

Too many choices for a poll lol so let's expand the question a bit $10k budget aside if you could pick one pin and one pin alone what would it be?

#66 8 years ago

I'm thinking time fantasy hahhaha that game is great and the art is crazy

#67 8 years ago

I wish I had a 10k budget when I was getting my first pin

If you truly only have room for one pin and that's what you're looking to spend then it would easily be any of the top A list machines. TZ, MM, AFM, or MB would be at the top if your trying to spend 10k in one go around. TH, WOZ, and some of the newer sterns might suffice as well.

I honestly would get the best pins for the money and work out that combination with a 10k budget... I'm always on the side of more pin is better until you've owned everything that you've ever wanted to play.

At that point you decide what your keepers are and go get them...

#68 8 years ago

my neighbor comes over and plays it in fact that's why he has decided to buy a pin but he wants somthing different since he can play my MMR

So he loves your MMr, that's why he wants a pin but not an MMr because you have one ...

AFMr, he likes the MM layout, he likes the AFMr layout

#69 8 years ago

I agree but he hasn't been exposed to many games so there may be some he likes even more. I think after southern fried he'll have a better idea but for now just gathering up some title names for him to search on YouTube lol

#70 8 years ago

I'm thinking time fantasy hahhaha that game is great and the art is crazy

Funny you mention this game. I actually got to play this for the first time in the local arcade the other day... it just kind of popped up and from what I understand its a fairly rare game to find in the wild less that 700-800 made.

The art work is a trip and probably one of the coolest psychedelic machines ever made... love that time snail ha!

The game was tough as old boots... I think it was actually subtracting points for hitting the horseshoe loop the wrong way... very interesting game.

#71 8 years ago

I fell in love with it when I got to play swampfire's time fantasy down at Southern fried last year

#72 8 years ago

If I was limited to one pin, it would definitely be LOTR.

#73 8 years ago

Get him on a STLE

#74 8 years ago

solar fire

#75 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Are you kidding?
I'd buy two or three 90s williams games and take a very nice vacation with the rest.
I'm starting to believe the doomsayers who predict a collapse - even though they've been saying this for 15 years.
This kind of insanity can't continue, one day people will wake up and realize they are spending way too much money on this stuff.

Collapse? Nope. Slow down of sales across the board? Possibly sooner than later...
There are new buyers for used and new games daily, when it could slow down is totally TBD.
"Insanity"? I do not know what that means as it's pretty damn vague of a term...
Price/Quality is all totally relative. At the moment there is still a maintainable market for new and used games.

Back to the original topic?
I don't know of a game that to me is worth $10k.
I like decent "deals". Like many others I'd get a few for that $$,$$$.$$

#76 8 years ago

Since he already has the ability to play your machines, I might suggest a TZ or TAF. Then again, I see you've given TAF a 1 of 10. Personally, I've yet to play any machine I'd rank lower then a 4, and TAF is quite a ways from the worst machines I've played. Oh well, to each their own. I guess stick with TZ.

#77 8 years ago

If it has to be a new game for someone that is fairly new to pinball SMVE would be a great pick. Lots of shots, toys, and not overly hard. If he wanted and older restored game AFM or MB would be my picks for a single game line up.

#78 8 years ago

My neighbor is thinking about getting one pin for his office and trying to point him in a good direction for a showstopper of pin.

I see two ways to go. If he wants the pin mainly to enjoy playing it himself, then attending that upcoming show should get him valuable exposure to a lot of pins to find one he really likes.

But if getting a pin for his office is mainly for show to impress visitors, then WoZ is a great choice, despite him not being overall impressed with it. It may the perfect pin as a show piece to impress non-pinball friends and business acquaintances.

#79 8 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Since he already has the ability to play your machines, I might suggest a TZ or TAF. Then again, I see you've given TAF a 1 of 10. Personally, I've yet to play any machine I'd rank lower then a 4, and TAF is quite a ways from the worst machines I've played. Oh well, to each their own. I guess stick with TZ.

I don't know why but I absolutely hate TAF I think it has a lot to do with the bookcase and the pop bumper sounds. It's like nails on a chalkboard to me. I like the theme a lot just not the pin. TZ on the othe hand I love

#80 8 years ago

multimorphic...you get 5 games for that price and huge discount on new future games

pasted_image_(resized).pngpasted_image_(resized).png

#81 8 years ago

I don't think there is a single game I would not get tired of if I had to limit my collection to one pin. I'd have to swap it out eventually for something new.

#82 8 years ago

Last year I bought the following classic Bally games for less than $10K...

Eight Ball Deluxe $1,800
Paragon $1,200
Fathom $2,500
Playboy $1,000
Flash Gordon $1,500
Space Invaders $1,200

Just saying...

Rob Bell
Robsgameroom.com

#83 8 years ago

Wizard of Oz,or Full Throttle

#84 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

TBL and it's nowhere near close.

Can this still be bought?

#85 8 years ago

TronLE if you like speed and simple rules but very addictive.
LOTR LE if you like adventure games and has deep rule set.
TWDLe if you love the series and are a decent player.
TAF (restored) if you like the classics, this one is timeless.

It really depends on your taste but all these machines have completed code which is key if his collection is small. Heck they're all great!

#86 8 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Can this still be bought?

I believe so. Cointaker is who you need to call. They may have stopped taking orders until they ship out all the preorders though.

#87 8 years ago

I don't know why but I absolutely hate TAF I think it has a lot to do with the bookcase and the pop bumper sounds. It's like nails on a chalkboard to me. I like the theme a lot just not the pin. TZ on the othe hand I love

With your games and history my list would be TZ, AFM, GB, or SMVE.

#88 8 years ago

My vote right now would be TRON LE, TRON just keeps pulling me back in for another game...

#89 8 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

Last year I bought the following classic Bally games for less than $10K...
Eight Ball Deluxe $1,800
Paragon $1,200
Fathom $2,500
Playboy $1,000
Flash Gordon $1,500
Space Invaders $1,200
Just saying...
Rob Bell
Robsgameroom.com

Looks like we had a similar year!

Paragon $1150 (after adding a bgresto glass)
Medusa $1900
Skateball $900

#90 8 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Looks like we had a similar year!
Paragon $1150 (after adding a bgresto glass)
Medusa $1900
Skateball $900

Are you bringing that sweet time fantasy back to SFGE this year?

#91 8 years ago

DE Star Wars with autographed translite

#92 8 years ago

Seeing your games and that what he has access to will influence his decision helps. GB is tempting, it's really fun. I tend to lean towards humor or music over dark and serious. TZ is an amazing game and for a long time was a perfect compliment to an MM. It is everything MM isn't p, but in a good way. To me, the modern re-incarnation of TZ is WOZ. Purely on theme, TZ beats WOZ for me. As amazing as all of the the 90s Bally Williams games are, the Sterns of the last 4 to 5 years are just as good. There is no denying that Stern has been literally nailing it lately. Does he like, humor, Sci-Fi, music etc? Thesecare good questions for him to ask. At some point, he should just take the plunge!

#93 8 years ago
#94 8 years ago

Are you bringing that sweet time fantasy back to SFGE this year?

Hopefully - I need to see what I can fit. Fathom, Embryon, Skateball, Medusa and Congo are coming for sure. I was planning to bring my CPR Black Knight, but I bet people would enjoy Time Fantasy more.

#95 8 years ago

Yikes, spending 10k on a pin? if one game would command it, I think it's woz. I would diversify and get two or three for a 10k budget.

#96 8 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

Yikes, spending 10k on a pin? if one game would command it, I think it's woz. I would diversify and get two or three for a 10k budget.

You don't need to spend all $10k in this hypothetical situation. I used $10k number as a budget. The point is with $10k you should be able to get any pin you would want with a few exceptions. You have space for one what would it be?

#97 8 years ago

FULL THROTTLE or ALIEN

#98 8 years ago

Metallica Premium or LE. Buy a nice Taxi with whatever is leftover.

#99 8 years ago

GBLE, METLE, STLE or maybe TBL.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,799 (OBO)
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 64.99
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.50
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 103.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
$ 49.95
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

There are 99 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-new-game-would-you-buy-with-a-10k-budget-but-had-to-pick-only-1/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.