• Latest reply 8 years ago by John_I
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image_(resized).png
26a_(resized).jpg
There are 99 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 8 years ago

If your budget was $10k and you could pick any 1 reasonably attainable pin what would it be?

#2 8 years ago

woz or got LE

#3 8 years ago

TBL and it's nowhere near close.

#4 8 years ago

THIS.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

TBL and it's nowhere near close.

#5 8 years ago

GB LE/Premium

26a_(resized).jpg26a_(resized).jpg

#6 8 years ago

F that, get two used stern pros.

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

10k gets 2 NIB pros with shakers

#8 8 years ago

Are you kidding?

I'd buy two or three 90s williams games and take a very nice vacation with the rest.

I'm starting to believe the doomsayers who predict a collapse - even though they've been saying this for 15 years.

This kind of insanity can't continue, one day people will wake up and realize they are spending way too much money on this stuff.

#9 8 years ago

Yeah. Or 3.

Guessing he can only fit 1 though. If so, I vote GB Prem, TWD Prem, or GOT Prem with plenty $ left over. Or MMR for $8000, or Tron LE for $9000. Or a second hand HEP of your favorite title for $8000-$10000. So many good choices!

#10 8 years ago

Reading is hard.

#11 8 years ago

Quoted from cosmokramer:

10k gets 2 NIB pros with shakers

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Are you kidding?
I'd buy two or three 90s williams games and take a very nice vacation with the rest.
I'm starting to believe the doomsayers who predict a collapse - even though they've been saying this for 15 years.
This kind of insanity can't continue, one day people will wake up and realize they are spending way too much money on this stuff.

3 people that don't want to play the game correctly. That or they cant read. I mean its in the title for Christ sake!

#13 8 years ago

What is my plan for the machine? Earn money or play at home?

If I want to earn I'm buying Ghostbusters or The Hobbit. If I want to play at home AC/DC OR TZ.

#14 8 years ago

I bought GBLE so that would be my choice.

I was considering MMR, but CGC and PPS seem to have too many problems.

#16 8 years ago

Are you looking for good ideas or is this just a good way to pass the time.
If you are looking for suggestions you can do a lot worse than the JJP 75th RRWOZ. A proven state of the art not to mention beautiful and some people think (me included) fun as hell machine that will probably take you a long time (maybe a lifetime) to finish. It has a very high chance of maintaining its value and you can still get one NIB. TBL, GB all mysteries at this point. Probably will be great games but we probably won't have enough data to make that call for at least a year on either of these.

#17 8 years ago

Maybe I should clarify, if you have space for one game with a $10k budget and want the best game for that spot what would it be

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

3 people that don't want to play the game correctly.

That or they are not taking it as a hypothetical and offering up an alternative suggestion. If it had to be one, I'd probably go with a MM. I'd also consider a TBL, AFM, TZ, or GB Premium.

#19 8 years ago

As for me personally I am out of room with my MMR metallica LE and Ripleys but my neighbor is thinking about getting one pin for his office and trying to point him in a good direction For a showstopper of pin. He played a Wizard of Oz that I had briefly and wasn't necessarily blown away by it and my Metallica LE wasn't a theme he was excited about but loved the gameplay I suggested walking dead because he watches the show so that's a possibility although it may be too frustrating for him (that's a brutal game lol)

#21 8 years ago

Hobbit or WOZRR75

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from Drewblood419:

Maybe I should clarify, if you have space for one game with a $10k budget and want the best game for that spot what would it be

I would get a Shadow, a Congo, and an Addams.

(But really...I think the WOZ people are spot on. All other NIB machines are still a bit of a mystery, with the exception of MMr.)

#23 8 years ago

I'd probably get a mint AFM

im really digging GB pro right now but too many question marks around the slings for me to say GBLE

i was underwhelmed by TBL at TPF to pick it. I think they missed the mark with the call outs, too mellow.

#24 8 years ago

The Hobbit LE

#25 8 years ago

How about a nice Eight Ball Deluxe?

#26 8 years ago

it would definitely be WOZ

#27 8 years ago

I don't think WOZ would be his first choice lol plus with all the issues that can arise with WOZ (not trying to bash) he may lose the last bit of his hair over it. I have a friend close by with a rrwoz that has a gremlin in it that is baffling both of us and has been for a month or so. So I guess reliability is also of concern in the choice. He liked playing my MMR but being that it is across the street to play it may be better for him to go with somthing else (maybe game #2? Lol)

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

I'd probably get a mint AFM

I like this, too. But my first choice would be a perfect Goldeneye... then with the remaining cash I could stock up my bar. "Shaken, not stirred."

#30 8 years ago

I would go with Full Throttle. He could get the Alien playfield when it drops and have "room" for both games.

#31 8 years ago

Well...guess that takes care of the Metallica LE I was going to suggest.

Hmm...strange predicament having $10k to spend but only one spot. Assuming he wants something brand new or close to it, and wants to maximize the amount spent, I think I would suggest Spider-Man Vault.

#32 8 years ago
Quoted from Drewblood419:

How about Full Throttle or a P3? Both take up the space of one game but down the road will allow you to swap PF's out to have multiple games.

#33 8 years ago

Ac/DC premium, spiderman, or TZ would be my choices in no particular order.

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

True that. I recently got collect insure for what I consider to be a modest collection (pinside lists what I own) and at current value my jaw hit the floor... Completely insane. And I am adding 2 more in less than a week and probably getting a GB Premium.

#35 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

How about Full Throttle or a P3? Both take up the space of one game but down the road will allow you to swap PF's out to have multiple games.

I almost bought a Full Throttle but just found the gameplay a little clunky. That being said, the modular design would probably be a big plus for this guy. 10k would get Full Throttle and Alien and only take up the space of one game.

#36 8 years ago

I'd go with P3 Lexi Lightspeed. He'd get 5 games in 1 and the potential to swap in all sorts of new games in the future with out moving the machine at all.

#37 8 years ago

1. I think waiting on GB Premium would be my first choice...but play it first.

2. Second choice would be wait on Alien, play it first, then go for the Alien/Full Throttle playfield combo

3. Tron LE

#39 8 years ago
Quoted from Boiler415:

I almost bought a Full Throttle but just found the gameplay a little clunky. That being said, the modular design would probably be a big plus for this guy. 10k would get Full Throttle and Alien and only take up the space of one game.

Mine was too out of the box, but with a few ball guide adjustments it's fast & as smooth as butter!

#40 8 years ago

I suggested Ghostbusters as well but just waiting to play the LE or premium I have a friend at the road getting in a LE soon P3 would be a great way to go also but not sure how far away from being released it is

#41 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Reading is hard.

And being an asshole is easy.

#42 8 years ago

Something like the awesomely loaded/ moded acdc luci I have wld be cool for a one pin collection. Also a really moded up twd le . Both are awesome looking and a hell of alot of fun to play also tons of great mods available to spend the extra money on. I was in the same situation about a month ago and went with the moded out luci and have been very happy with my purchase. I already had twd premium .

#43 8 years ago

If i was crazy enough to spend up to $10,000 on one game I suppose it would be a WOZRR

#44 8 years ago

Lexy Lightspeed (really just the P3 system in general, because you get much more with it for your money than just that one game)

#45 8 years ago

If you're being forced to spend 10K and being super literal here, there really are not a lot of titles that fall right in there at for exactly the 10K price. Some more, some less for sure but what game is exactly 10K?...

Am I allowed to spend up to 10K? I guess I would pick a nice Spirit, if I could find one for sale.

#46 8 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

If you're being forced to spend 10K and were are being super literal here, there really are not a lot a ton of titles that fall right in there at for exactly the10K price. Some more, some less for sure but what game is exactly 10K?...

He said he has a 10k budget. So that would imply any 1 machine up to 10k.

#47 8 years ago

I'd try to find a BIBLE!

#48 8 years ago

The max is 10K.

Me, i would take a prestine AFM or a The Big Lebowski.

#49 8 years ago

If I was only going to have and keep one, and had no other machines nor space for them, and I was looking for something new, probably the Hobbit or WOZ.

#50 8 years ago

And being an asshole is easy.

That's why I do it, anyway.

Some people are saying AFM...but that's not a new game (until the AFMr comes out) - and who knows how long that'll be? And if you can find an HEP AFM for 10k, let me know. That's a little low in the price for that, I think.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 99 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-new-game-would-you-buy-with-a-10k-budget-but-had-to-pick-only-1/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.