(Topic ID: 260287)

What new features would you like to see in at least one new pin?

By xDragonWarrior

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 44 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Lhyrgoif
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

s-l300 (resized).jpg
    swamp (resized).PNG
    image-13 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbeardsley.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 4 years ago

I'd like to see some creative use of outlanes. Maybe have an "up post" (or some sort of drop target) that blocks the out lanes that you can earn through other shots. The old "kickback" (and now even more boring "virtual kickback") are really stale.

Even a return of the old school "gate" that leads back to the shooter lane would be nice.

#28 4 years ago

I agree that if there is just a button to push, then the shooter lane is a waste of space. However, I wish more machines did have an actual plunger instead of a "launch" button. It just seems like "real" pinball should have a plunger.

I'm planning on buying a MBr soon, and the one thing I wish was different about it was that it had a plunger.

#31 4 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

Pinball still spends way too much resources coding stuff most people never see.

The coding being done for a pinball game (especially current ones that run on PC boards) is not all that complicated.
    Back when it was done in assembly, it was harder, but those games were simpler too.

#42 4 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

I've actually pitched an idea to Stern,P3 and Deeproot about an active outlane post. P3 guys liked the idea but unfortunately wouldn't work with there platform, the rest looked at me like I was high
    Here was my pitch.
    I would like to see active outlane post that move up and down via either a motor or kicker system. The thought behind this would be twofold. One for handicap ability and one for scoring/modes.
    Handicap - Ever have friends over and they wont play pinball with you because you have the games set up hard so you don't play forever but it's to hard for them to have fun? Or Visa Versa? With the active outlane post on ball 1 before you plunge you select your skill level. Expert - the lanes open up fully, Average - they stay in the middle, Novice - They lower to reduce the outlane gap.
    Modes - For specific modes they can open and close the outlanes to make certain modes harder and others easier. For example, during MB the lanes open up but in single ball play they can close. Can also be rewards from mystery or achievements from doing things in the game. (Using DP) Collect 50 weapons and outlanes move one spot lower for the rest of your ball.
    I really want to see this as I think it could make party play more fun between multiple players of all different skills as well as the added features during modes.

Yes, this would be cool, though I was thinking more of a "closed/open" thing for some amount of time or number of uses.

Suppose you had an angled drop target in front of the outlanes. You could earn an "up-target" on one or both lanes depending upon objectives completed, and then when the outlane target is hit, they drop down, re-opening the outlane.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbeardsley.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-new-features-would-you-like-to-see-in-at-least-one-new-pin?tu=mbeardsley and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.