Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 192 posts
  • 106 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by mnpinball
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What Muppet LE would you buy.”

• Kermit the Frog 35 votes
      12%
    • Miss Piggy 7 votes
      2%
    • Fozzy Bear 11 votes
      4%
    • Animal 117 votes
      40%
    • Gonzo 29 votes
      10%
    • Beaker 34 votes
      12%
    • Statler and Waldorf 58 votes
      20%

(291 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    Muppets_Take_Manhattan_Sesame_Street.jpg
    Unknown-6-935.jpeg
    muppets.jpg
    image-315.jpg
    There are 192 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
    #101 10 years ago

Of course, judging by some reaction to the STLE machine, will any Muppet LE sell if it doesn't have an LCD, and isn't $1,000 cheaper than STLE?

#102 10 years ago

I would not buy a Fozzy Bear "Brown edition"

I would buy the Fozzy Bear "Wakka Wakka" LE version

#103 10 years ago
    Quoted from lyerelian:

I would not buy a Fozzy Bear "Brown edition"
    I would buy the Fozzy Bear "Wakka Wakka" LE version

Just made the names up but the wakka wakka edition sounds better.

#104 10 years ago

Statler and Waldorf so they can tell me how bad I suck every time the ball drains.....

#105 10 years ago

Statler and Waldorf so they can tell me how bad I suck every time the ball drains.....

#106 10 years ago

If you dont dig the muppets, something is wrong with you.

Just saying...

#107 10 years ago

So Stern showed a Muppets clip on their Facebook page a while back but I think this theme would be well-suited to JJP, no? Family friendly, very well known, wide appeal, lots of material for the LCD. Very similar ti the kind of themes which they have chosen so far.

I believe Stern have also said that they are not interested in themes which primarily appeal to children. Although many adults also like the Muppets, maybe Stern would consider this theme to be directed towards a demographic which is too young.

#108 10 years ago

The Muppets are a theatre company after all so in theory they can cover any sub-theme they choose (or better still that we choose) for example:

Muppets - POTC (Treasure Island)
    Muppets - ST/SW (Mups in Space)
    Muppets - Any Musical (Mups of Oz (MoZ))
    Muppets - GTA (The Mups Movie)
    Muppets - Christmas Carole (er...Mups Xmas Carole)
    Muppets - Sherlock Holmes/Indiana Jones (Mups caper)
    Muppets - Haunted House/Medieval Madness/etc...ect

As you can see they have done it all before.....you get the idea

#109 10 years ago

Hmm....looks like there is new Muppets movie coming out in March next year. If a pinball machine were to be based on this new movie I guess its much more likely that Stern might do it, JJP have their hands full with WOZ and Hobbit until the end of 2014.

#110 10 years ago

I don't care if Stern or JJP does the Muppets ... As long as one of them does it well, I'm buying.

#111 10 years ago

Muppets, Zombie theme, or a Breaking Bad pin will be my first NIB. I am starting to save right now in hopes either of these 3 come true. If they can make CSI, 24, or X-files they can make a Breaking Bad. Nothing like a good meth pin.

#112 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

Of course, judging by some reaction to the STLE machine, will any Muppet LE sell if it doesn't have an LCD, and isn't $1,000 cheaper than STLE?

the MUPPETS theme "just calls for it"

#113 10 years ago

Agree. A Muppets machine without an LCD would be DOA.

#114 10 years ago

Kermit would be my choice. Didn't get in on a hulk or Shrek, so green would be welcome color to the collection.

#115 10 years ago

Does anyone have any info that would suggest a Muppet pin is anywhere on the horizon for Stern or JJP?

#116 10 years ago
    Quoted from jfh:

Does anyone have any info that would suggest a Muppet pin is anywhere on the horizon for Stern or JJP?

Not really just a small Facebook post by Stern a while back.

#117 10 years ago
    Quoted from jfh:

Not really just a small Facebook post by Stern a while back.

#118 10 years ago

Heh, but if Stern did Muppets, it would have a *RED* DMD display, music done on a midi synth and Steve Ritchie would be trying to do the callouts imitating Kermit!

#119 10 years ago

Terrible theme idea imho. If they go this route I will cancel my LE order and wait for the next one.

#120 10 years ago

edit

misunderstanding.

#121 10 years ago

I hope they go the route of the "Muppet Show" and not so much the movies. I think call outs would rival TAF if done right. Swidish Chef "Multi-e ball-e", Animal "JACKPOT..........JACKPOT, HA HA", ball drain call outs from Statler and Waldorf.

#122 10 years ago

Put me down for a Muppets pin, I don't mind hanging with my mates

#123 10 years ago

Absolutely sure I would not get a Muppets pin so would not get any LE.

I doubt very much they will make one anyway.

#124 10 years ago

Can't go wrong with Master of Puppets LE.

#125 10 years ago

I thought this was a joke for awhile, but it looks like a lot of people would buy one. Is it a different age group sorta thing? Im 24 and I watched a few of the muppet movies as a kid, but that is one of the last themes I would ever want in a pinball machine.

#126 10 years ago
    Quoted from jdoz2:

I thought this was a joke for awhile, but it looks like a lot of people would buy one. Is it a different age group sorta thing? Im 24 and I watched a few of the muppet movies as a kid, but that is one of the last themes I would ever want in a pinball machine.

I'm 44 & feel the same as you . The poll is one sided
    ( no option for none of the above ). Some people
    may have voted just to vote?? I think some of these
    guys are suffering from low T. It happens to all of
    us eventually ..

#127 10 years ago

I am 39.

If you Judge the muppets on the movies, off course you dont like it.

Its about the tv series. old school muppets. Awsome!

#128 10 years ago
    Quoted from Plungemaster:

I am 39.

Thank you. The movies are just OK, the TV show is where you get the characters and the theme. Im 34 if we are taking a poll on age now.

#129 10 years ago
    Quoted from Plungemaster:

I am 39.

As a kid, I actually liked the Christmas and Pirate movie lol.

#130 10 years ago

The Muppet Movie and The Great Muppet Caper are classics of modern cinema. A failure to appreciate them indicates a severe lack of cultural awareness, sense of humor, or aesthetic sensibility.

#132 10 years ago

Even Weezer know how cool the Muppets are

#133 10 years ago

My kids watch the movies, and so do I.

I love vulgar, twisted humor, like Cyanide & Happiness, etc... But there is also room for clean, tongue-in-cheek humor as well. I like it all.

#134 10 years ago

Lew Zealand.. has to be in this pin

#135 10 years ago

Gonzo or Kermit. But only if made by JJP. I would never buy a cheaply-made LE.

#139 10 years ago

If they do muppets I'm skipping this one.

#140 10 years ago
    Quoted from Darth_Chris:

If they do muppets I'm skipping this one.

Even if the game play is exceptional

#141 10 years ago
    Quoted from Mato:

Even if the game play is exceptional

So many great pins out there I can manage to skip themes I really don't like. Muppets and Hip-Hop music are skippers

#142 10 years ago

Chris are you sure?

muppets.jpgmuppets.jpg

#143 10 years ago

Too many great play field possibilities - I'm smiling just thinking about Pigs in Space, Statler and Waldorf call outs, etc etc - I'm sure one would end up at our house.

#144 10 years ago
    Quoted from unionrunner:

Too many great play field possibilities - I'm smiling just thinking about Pigs in Space, Statler and Waldorf call outs, etc etc - I'm sure one would end up at our house.

Yep agreed

4 weeks later
    #145 10 years ago

I'd buy a Muppet LE doing QUEEN music:

#at=23

See also: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gary-heres-why-queen-should-be-a-stern-music-pin

Unknown-6-935.jpegUnknown-6-935.jpeg
    #146 10 years ago

The muppet's are cool, I was just kiddin around....

#147 10 years ago

Really? No, just NO.

#148 10 years ago

Y U C K!!

#149 10 years ago
    Quoted from limelime20:

You never gave an option for : NONE , so NONE it is......how old are you?
    Did you never grow out of the muppets?

Muppets are like many Disney or other animated movies, ageless. I have no problem admitting i still love me some muppets.
    I agree the humor is more family friendly then other shows like family guy or Simpsons, but that doesn't mean it's only meant for kids. I know a lot of people love the muppets, it has great timeless characters. And lots and i mean LOTS of possibilities for a pin.

#150 10 years ago
    Quoted from limelime20:

That sound's kinda sick to me....they were KINDA cool when I was young, wanting to like them, but now is KINDA gay.....just my opinion.... why would you? just curious...

I don't understand why you would call the Muppets gay. I understand there isn't a big macho factor associated with them, but I think they can be appreciated by lots of folks.

Some people would enjoy playing a Muppets pin and some would rather play something like WWF and stare at pictures of greased-up muscled guys while they play, to each their own.

I think folks are just getting hung up on the name of the topic. Perhaps the OP should have called it "If you were to buy a Muppets LE, which would you prefer?".

There are 192 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-muppet-le-would-you-buy/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.