(Topic ID: 302164)

What modern Stern or JJP (or something else) to get??

By Ajoelson579

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 39 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by DirtyDeeds
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

95DE039D-7460-4D74-A724-DBE104D747D3 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Charlemagne1987.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 2 years ago

Of those you’re considering, I’d pick Godzilla Premium. Personally, I’m staying away from JJP because of their recent customer service fiasco…totally taking their customers for granted. That being said I love my JJP POTC, but I bought it before they showed me how little they really care about their customers. But that’s just my opinion.

#21 2 years ago
    Quoted from Ajoelson579:

Hate to rehash something that's probably been beat to death (I also don't want to derail this thread), but I have been under a rock. What is the short version? Last I heard, they were going to be the great new hope of pinball with their LCD screens and colorchanging LEDS.

There’s a lot to rehash over the JJP issues. There are several Pinside threads you can read that will bring you up to speed. But the bottom line is that JJP had NUMEROUS chipping and pooling issues with their latest release, GNR. People’s playfields started breaking up/chipping, etc. after less than 100 plays. There were also numerous problems with the parts in their games breaking, not being put together correctly. And JJP changed their warranty in the middle of the run to stop replacing damaged playfields. Customers couldn’t get ahold of their customer service department (no call backs). And JJP raised the price of their LEs twice during their run. There’s more to it, but you get the gist. I was a big JJP fan, but no longer. I refuse to support a company that treats its customers so horribly.

#35 2 years ago
    Quoted from Ajoelson579:

I got out and played a few games. Really impressed with everything these days! Elvira‘s house of horrors stood out! Godzilla also seemed pretty awesome, but I didn’t get enough time in on it. I didn’t find any JJP on my travels and I couldn’t get a turn on Batman, as both places we visited were pretty crowded. Iron maiden was fun, as was jurassic Park. I got the highest score on Munsters, which is a bad sign… lol
    Right now I am leaning towards picking up Godzilla and Elvira‘s House of horrors (if I can get my hands on one).
    The only Willy Wonka I’m aware of near me is in Salem Massachusetts, which is bonkers crazy this time of year. We’ll see if I can get over there sometime soon it may have to wait until after Halloween.
    Thanks again everyone!

My two cents: I’d pick Godzilla Premium over Elvira HOH. Elvira is a lot of fun, but I like more stuff on my playfields. There’s too much open/under utilized space on Elvira. But Godzilla, especially the premium with its collapsing bridge, has so much going on. In a home environment I think it would keep you interested longer than Elvira.

#37 2 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Love all the votes for Godzilla Premium yet not a single person has played it! Lol. Vote based on a picture over all games.

True, but I put in some serious time recently on Godzilla Pro, watched the videos (and pics) of the Premium and played Elvira HOH a lot. Therefore I think I can intelligently recommend Godzilla Premium over HOH. I’m not basing my recommendation on a simple glance at a picture.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Charlemagne1987.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-modern-stern-or-jjp-or-something-else-to-get?tu=Charlemagne1987 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.