(Topic ID: 316096)

What modern pin would you bring back to 1982?

By Electronmagic

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by koji
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

You have a time machine with room for you and a pinball machine. It's set for 1982. When you get there you're going to wheel it into the most radical 1982 pinball arcade; your old stomping grounds, and blow everyone away with a glimpse of future technology.

What modern pin would best dazzle a crowd of dozens of young boomers with mullets and teen gen x'ers and why?

#2 1 year ago

Guns & Roses

#4 1 year ago

Either Godzilla LE or Rush LE, both themes they would know so that makes it even more about the pinball tech.

#5 1 year ago

Metallica, Iron Maiden, AC/DC, Aerosmith, GNR would all rate right up there.

#7 1 year ago

Medieval Madness Remake Royal Edition

#8 1 year ago

Guns n Roses CE would be a great one because it would be a few years before Appetite for Destruction came out so all the music would be new to them and that pin's light show would be almost beyond their comprehension.

#9 1 year ago

Just for the irony, Id bring a Data East Time Machine.

#10 1 year ago

Nobody was listening to GNR in 1982 obviously so I think Kiss, AC/DC, Rush would impress a 1982 arcade crowd, possibly Black Knight Sword of rage sitting next the original Williams.

#11 1 year ago

Obviously Heist.

#12 1 year ago

ANY of the many Star Wars machines would have killed in my local arcade in 1982.

#14 1 year ago

GNR CE. Without question. I’m not saying it’s the best game. I sold mine. Nuff said there. But it would blow them away. The screen. The lights. The sound. That would be wild!

#15 1 year ago

Any movie based title after 1983. Just to scare and confuse them for years after I’ve gone back to my own time.

#16 1 year ago

I’m only pretending to bring a pinball machine. But really it’s sacks of cash printed in 1979, and I’m calling a stock broker. Then I’m grabbing a Leftover NIB Star Gazer, coming back to now, and having the biggest unboxing party in the history of the world. I’ll have the first game broadcast on ESPN, because I have a time machine! Finally I’ll go back and eliminate my parents before I was born, destroying the last vestiges of this timeline in the biggest paradox ever devised.

(Dude, don’t give me a time machine, just sayin)

#17 1 year ago

Octoberfest

#18 1 year ago

Really any game will impress
    1982, no auto launchers, ramps only took you to a second level, you only had physical ball locks, no interactive toys, magnets only caught your ball not throw them back at you

Cirquis Voltaire
    Earthshaker
    Godzilla

#19 1 year ago

Revenge From Mars, of course! And I’d tell them “all the pins are like this in the future”. Because I’m a time-traveling troll.

#20 1 year ago

Which would be very confusing, since by 83 we still would have been on Peter Davison, so who’s these other two chaps and why does one of them look like that guy from Arc of Infinity? J/k

#22 1 year ago

Jurassic park

#23 1 year ago

Think I would have to pick Rick and Morty.
    Good light show and music
    LCD which would have been amazing in 82
    Lots of “wtf did he just say” moments with cursing at 100%

#24 1 year ago

Either a decked out Adams Family or a fully modded Tron. Imagine if designers got a glimpse of these machines for ideas in the early 80's and where we would be today.

#25 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Guns & Roses

Not sure if that would have dazzled people or have annoyed them?

I would send a WOZ or a GNR just so they would have an idea of what a overstuffed potato looks like and they could learn from it for future games

#26 1 year ago

TNA would be interesting.

WOZ also

Someone also mentioned BKSOR already.

Houdini is another option.

#27 1 year ago
    Quoted from koji:

TNA would be interesting.
    WOZ also
    Someone also mentioned BKSOR already.
    Houdini is another option.

WOZ would certainly impress them visually, but they would be very familiar with the pace of the game.

BKSOR, on the other hand, would blow them away with its powerful flippers and lightning fast ball speeds. Was anything in 1982 even close?

#28 1 year ago
    Quoted from Electronmagic:

WOZ would certainly impress them visually, but they would be very familiar with the pace of the game.
    BKSOR, on the other hand, would blow them away with its powerful flippers and lightning fast ball speeds. Was anything in 1982 even close?

By 1982, WMS was into Sys 7 Flippers which are pretty good... but yeah, if we are going pre Sys 7, then the closest for speed would be classic Stern by virtue of PF design that just seems to lead to fast gameplay. IMHO-

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-modern-pin-would-you-bring-back-to-1982?hl=zaki and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.