(Topic ID: 228925)

What media are people finding successful pinball trades these days?

By Squeakman

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Squeakman
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

I've been wanting to make a few trades and am finding Pinside a zero especially since I have a few 90's games and everyone seems to be looking for new stuff. Just curious where others are finding trade deals? I haven't tried Craigslist in awile, but it seems to have mostly dried up for pins anymore. I understand that trades are hard to make, but I don't want to sell what I have unless I have something else lined up. Just curious of peoples thoughts or suggestions.

#2 5 years ago
    Quoted from Squeakman:

I've been wanting to make a few trades and am finding Pinside a zero especially since I have a few 90's games and everyone seems to be looking for new stuff. Just curious where others are finding trade deals? I haven't tried Craigslist in awile, but it seems to have mostly dried up for pins anymore. I understand that trades are hard to make, but I don't want to sell what I have unless I have something else lined up. Just curious of peoples thoughts or suggestions.

how can i acquire your whirlwind

#3 5 years ago

Sell it and buy what you want. It's most likely easier thay way.

#4 5 years ago

I'm scoring deals from in real life connections. Someone knows I'm into pinball, knows a family member with a machine that's broken that they want fixed/gone, and I work from there. Stuff I'm not interested in, I pass along to my friends. For trades, it's mostly knowing other pinheads that want to mix up their home lineup.

#5 5 years ago

This has always been my best place for trades.

Ultimately you are usually better off just selling it. Everybody thinks your stuff is garbage and their stuff is awesome.

I just had a random guy try to trade me a LW3 or X Files for my Indiana Jones, all the while telling me my game was garbage because it had "stickers" on the cabinets, and the "triangles" had wear. That's what he calls inserts.

I kept asking him why he wanted it when it was such a piece of shit and he couldn't come up with a satisfactory answer.

I've had some good trades on Pinside however.

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This has always been my best place for trades.
    Ultimately you are usually better off just selling it. Everybody thinks your stuff is garbage and their stuff is awesome.
    I just had a random guy try to trade me a LW3 or X Files for my Indiana Jones, all the while telling me my game was garbage because it had "stickers" on the cabinets, and the "triangles" had wear. That's what he calls inserts.
    I kept asking him why he wanted it when it was such a piece of shit and he couldn't come up with a satisfactory answer.
    I've had some good trades on Pinside however.

Agree totally Levi! I have never made a deal here. Almost all of my pins were acquired from Craigslist. Trades never seem to work out. I just don't have cash for the hobby anymore and I don't just want to sell because I know the money will eventually not go into another pin.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-media-are-people-finding-successful-pinball-trades-these-days and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.