(Topic ID: 123904)

What makes Williams IJ such a great game ?

By KLR2014

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 68 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by dluth
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC02249.JPG
mo_64.jpg
DSC02625.JPG
DSC01053.JPG
DSC02396.JPG
DSC02168.JPG
DSC02062.JPG
DSC05289.JPG
image.jpg
image-594.jpg
image-962.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tanooki.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 9 years ago

I wish I could add more, but what the other two posts said mostly stole my thunder. The first time i ever hit it was when the ride opened at Disneyland and I was captivated by it, and each successive time I've found it I've had my kicks. I even took it far enough when pinball really crapped out in my area (back west) I went and got a vpinmame version of it just to scratch the itch and I do beg for it when they do votes with Pinball Arcade too. The funny thing is I have this immortally crappy luck with pinball as it always seems to find some elastic way to hit the side drains for me on nearly any table...yet on Indy that one I can earn the free credit and post a damn good score on it. The thing is I wouldn't call it easy, it takes time, I don't just hit everything in a row with the rules, but I can sustain it which means a lot. Sure it helps it's my favorite fictional movie character and movie franchise too, but only to a point since I was definitely not sold on the Stern table design anywhere near as much as this one.

I just hope they can do a back room deal to get the Indy tables and the Star Wars ones through some Disney contractual shenanigans sooner than later on Pinball Arcade. With SW making a huge come back and Indy slated to show up as well reborn too it would make sense for appearances sake.

#41 9 years ago

*clap**clap*

mrclean I don't think a nicer way to describe that table could have probably been done. The descriptive almost story telling nature of it paints an image in ones head of how the table looks if you've played it or not. If I were only a rich man or could win a contest, that would be the one table I'd take, then take to the grave. I had being relegated to non-use, or using pinmame or something like that with a phony representation and jacked ROMS. I said it before, saying it again, it needs to be added to Pinball Arcade.

#44 9 years ago

Sigh nice thread link. God I wish I had like 8 grand or whatever lying around getting dusty. I just have my one table, and I wouldn't part with my first, and even if I did it wouldn't do crap to get me anywhere even close. I miss that table as I haven't seen one in more years than I can remember. Like I hoped, maybe Disney will work with Farsight and get it in Pinball Arcade.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,419.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

12,500 (OBO)
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

12,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mississauga, ON
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 85.00
$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tanooki.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-makes-williams-ij-such-a-great-game?tu=Tanooki and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.