Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by baldtwit
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9DF0AE7F-E8DF-4C47-A66A-800DEA962A2A (resized).jpeg
    F6534EB4-058D-4692-B5E3-35A02350D43E (resized).jpeg
    EB646E55-B6E4-462D-A821-0BA1AFC69371 (resized).jpeg
    42972FF6-DCA5-4CA2-98B3-CD6CA2BD9AF5 (resized).jpeg
    #1 6 years ago

ok, besides most of it.

occasionally I look at some of the stuff I wrote years ago and realize even I don't understand it ... or there's simply too much info and the point is getting lost.

a while back I started the how-to section with the goal of more pictures, less words. Ideally I suppose video, tho I didn't do that for years since gerlitz and fleming made their videos.

so for all you guys who've tried to read stuff on the cdyn site, or asked questions there or here and been confused by the answers, what do you need to help make sense of things? I was thinking along the lines of stuff like:
    - how to manually step up/reset a stepper unit
    - how to manually activate relays without zapping yourself

stuff like "my game doesn't pay" is too general - either you have to wade thru info and get an idea of how it's supposed to work, or you just ask for your specific game. If you did ask and got an answer that didn't help...why not (unfamiliar terms, didn't know how to do something, etc.)?

be as critical as you like about things I've written ... I have no illusions that I'm a clear and concise communicator

#2 6 years ago

"Twit", before I bought my Bikini machine, the last time I had even put a
    coin in a bingo was 1963-64!!
    What would have helped me, after I first got my machine, would have been
    an explanation, simply, for me, on what happens when a coin is first placed
    in the bingo.
    I never realized that the machine wants all eight balls in the trough!
    The first time I played my machine, and was on the 5th ball, all the motors stopped!
    Well let me tell you panic set in then!!!
    There are probably lots of ex-players that would love to own there on machine like me;
    but intimated by the possibility of repair(s).
    I believe a simple explanation of the WORKINGS would help the player who has the interest to repair!
    I believe a good understanding of what happens after the coin is put in, not technical as
    much as a block diagram/general type explanation.
    My 8th ball issue,not all balls in the trough, would have made more sense to me, if I realized that
    ALL 8 balls had to be in the trough; instead of trying to trace trough switches( this kind of stuff).
    "Twit" keep up all the good work you do.
    Without you, and the helpful people here, my machine would still be a boat anchor!!!
    Terry K

#3 6 years ago

Just purchased my first bingo and I know nothing so I'm sure your site will be useful to me very soon. I have no idea what to expect and no idea how they work so lots of learning is coming.

#4 6 years ago

Tommy, what machine did you buy??
    Terry K

#5 6 years ago

You did a 'Great Job' on the web site.
    I was very happy to find your web site years ago when I got my first bingo 'Big Time' from Butch.
    Now I have 8, and I have to refer to your site because there is always something 'happening'!
    *** Thanks for all the Time and Effort' you put into it. ********
    Best wishes,
    John

#6 6 years ago

The site keeps getting better and better @baldtwit. I spend a good portion of my free time reading docs and helping folks (or hindering) - even after going through every machine's wiring, there's still more to learn. Especially with regard to how something could fail. An endlessly fascinating subject (to me, anyway). I refer people to your site constantly for tech docs, and have begun using for stencil pics and so forth. Interior pics will help a lot for all the machines.

None of what little I do would be possible without you and your efforts - thank you!

Terry, Tommy picked up a Showtime with a really really nice original backglass - what a great game for his first!

#7 6 years ago

Yep a Showtime, grabbing it on Sunday. Hope to get it working in the coming months, and if not well it has beautiful artwork on it.

#8 6 years ago

Do you have any pictures of your "find"

#9 6 years ago

Hmmm...I thought I owned just about every Show Time in existence. LOL.

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from okorange:

Hmmm...I thought I owned just about every Show Time in existence. LOL.

I have one in Oregon.....

#12 6 years ago

Yup

42972FF6-DCA5-4CA2-98B3-CD6CA2BD9AF5 (resized).jpeg42972FF6-DCA5-4CA2-98B3-CD6CA2BD9AF5 (resized).jpeg

EB646E55-B6E4-462D-A821-0BA1AFC69371 (resized).jpegEB646E55-B6E4-462D-A821-0BA1AFC69371 (resized).jpeg

F6534EB4-058D-4692-B5E3-35A02350D43E (resized).jpegF6534EB4-058D-4692-B5E3-35A02350D43E (resized).jpeg

9DF0AE7F-E8DF-4C47-A66A-800DEA962A2A (resized).jpeg9DF0AE7F-E8DF-4C47-A66A-800DEA962A2A (resized).jpeg

#13 6 years ago

Overall, that's damn nice.

#14 6 years ago

That bingo is going to clean up real nice....such a beautiful 50's woodrail.

#15 6 years ago

Baldwit,

I was able with your site and the Gerlitz videos Tia wade through my Magic Screen Can Can and strip it down entirely, find shorts, clean everything, learn to gap switches and replace then reassemble and make it essentially bullet proof. To fix these games you need to jump in and get your hands dirty and learn for yourself what you and others in the help sections mean.

Your comment "I look at some of the stuff I wrote years ago and realize even I don't understand it" is totally understandable to me, its a lot of stuff to retain if you are not working on a game that the stuff appertains to. That's why we have to write it down, as we get older we cram more shit into our heads and they are probably full.

#16 6 years ago

Tommy, I love all the wood. Looks like it will
    finish up REAL nice.
    Terry K

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from Terry1:

Tommy, I love all the wood. Looks like it will
    finish up REAL nice.
    Terry K

Thanks man, I thought it was pretty enough to want to learn a bit on. Hopefully I can.

#18 6 years ago

years ago hosting video was a bigger issue and I didn't really want to make the gerlitz and fleming videos less useful.

now embedding video in web pages is common, the bandwidth needed isn't an issue, and trying to describe things with words is sillier when video would make life easy.

I still don't want to recreate and post for free all the info in the gerlitz/fleming videos, but it's time to drop the "no video" policy and put some short vids of common stuff on the site. So far on the list:
    - adjusting switches
    - manually activating relays
    - checking stepper units
    - cleaning and squeezing plug connections
    - fixing lamp socket issues
    - positioning the search index unit

at the moment, I only have one machine...I think a partially disassembled Spot Lite ...so making vids will take a while. It's a lousy example game anyway since it uses the old style steppers and has the control unit in the cabinet.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-makes-no-sense-on-bingocdyncom?hl=terry1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.