• Latest reply 8 years ago by Jenk540i
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Brian_Eddy.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captainneo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#49 8 years ago

nothing special about it. Main reason it was priced higher than most games even in the "cheap" days, was because it earned good on location. Good earnings means, ops didn't sell them unless you made it worth their while. We still have MM's on location around us. Not to long ago we had 8 of them within 30 mile radius at various spots. So ops charging more, and many still on location brought the available numbers lower. combine those 2 factors and you get higher price demand. Reason it does so well on location, is because the rules are written for a 5 year old. So anyone and their grandma can figure them out and know what to do. Which is great for location games. Tie it in, with a heavy nerdy Medieval theme, with a nice toy, and you have a good money maker.

#59 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Nothing special about it huh? Ok...

that's what I said. There really isn't. Special means unique and original. It's not. There are around 20 other games with nearly the same layout. and 5 with nearly the exact same rules. The castle is a nice toy and that's about all it has going for it. POTC has nearly the same toy. Hit the ship until it opens up, shoot the ball in when it sinks.

#64 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

So...no game is special by that logic. MM has that extra magic. Everything on the game just fits. Art, sound, music, humor, toys, rules, challenge, accessibility, layout, gameplay, flow, excitement, and strategy. It doesn't do any one thing spectacularly (except the castle, that's the greatest toy ever made) so maybe I see your point. But, MM puts everything together in one package. It just doesn't have a weak spot. The POTC ship is awesome too, but second to the castle. If I could change one thing I'd replace the button plunger with a real one and have a separate button for troll bombs. That's it's weakness...the button plunger.

show me a game that is laid out like swords of fury or a similar ruleset. What about Escape from lost world, mousin around, ect.? THere are plenty of games out there that don't copy a shitload of other games.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 64.99
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captainneo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-makes-medieval-madness-so-special?tu=captainneo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.