• Latest reply 5 years ago by Blakester
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20180601_170858 (resized).jpg
PowerJackpot (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hop-Pac.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

I've played it a bunch of times. And I just do get it. I'm going tomorrow to an arcade that has it. And I will be playing it again. So what makes it so great?

#3 5 years ago

I like Maiden's music and art. So outside of that. What makes it more special than any other Stern? The shots don't seem to be anything out of the ordinary. Maybe I don't know the rules?

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Pop placement and the satisfying shot through them is cool too.

That is the shot of the game for me. Tough to make, but really good when you do.

Quoted from doublestack:

I doubt a bunch of people on the Internet will change your mind.

I'm not looking to change my mind. I'm just meh about it. Thought maybe there is something I'm missing. Going to play it again tomorrow and was looking for a particular shot or combo to go for that is blowing everyone's mind

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

It's a fantastic game, both to play on your own or competing with friends or in a league/tourney.
Why? The layout and rules. There's depth and breadth and balance to this game.
Depth = the nuance of what you can do in each mode and over the course of all the modes, and interaction factors of your mode success that then influences the scoring and unlocking of other features. The Depth here on interaction factors are crazy good. Do I want to qualify/start my mode now, or wait until I'm one shot away from a MB so I can stack the MB onto the mode? The pressure it creates on claiming a Soul Shard (earned by skillful play in each mode) that's on a short timer/hurry-up, with knowledge that it unlocks a Tomb Treasure and dramatically increases my potential scoring in the Wizard mode.
Breadth = at any given time, you have the option of shooting for modes, or two major multiballs, or aggregate # shots to all the shots to qualify a mini-wizard mode and ratchet up a Power Jackpot that can be grown geometrically if you don't cash it in (but you lose it all if you drain before claiming it), or qualifying/starting playfield X, or shooting for Loop Jackpots (while increasing your risk of outlane drains), or going for Combos and Deathblows particularly if you've just claimed an advance Tomb Treasure that makes them worth 5x for remainder of ball, or trying to earn REVIVE outlane drain saves.
Plus, it's got a mode that's all about ripping lit spinners -- one of my favorite things to do in all of pinball.
Balance: Any single mode or multiball can either be crap scoring or ridiculously huge scoring based on how you perform, including the mini-wizard modes.
Layout: the two upper flippers present unique and challenging shots that the player has the option of using them, or letting the ball come back down to main flippers, depending on the player's risk/reward decisions.
I appreciate the mocking/humor and energy in the callouts, too.
I'm not a fan of Iron Maiden's music or the theme, but this pin is fantastic.

This is it. I clearly don't know the rules and strategies, which shots to make and when, stacking multi-balls.
How do you guys learn all the ins and outs of these new games. It can't just be trial and error. Is there someplace where all the rules and strategies are listed?

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You never know....some people EVEN own a Goldball, craaaazy world out there

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from Deadlander:

The kids use the Youtubes it truley is your friend.

Some of those vids are 1-2+ HOURS!!!!
Don't really have that kind of time. Would be nice if someone could just explain it without all the BS. Maybe 15-20 minutes.
I like the game. I guess I just don't know how to play it.

#51 5 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

White shots give you E-D-D-I-E letters. Once you've spelled EDDIE, the yellow insert up near the center shot will light up to let you know your modes are ready. Shoot up there to start a mode.
In any mode, shoot lit shots. If the mode is a multiball, you'll get an add a ball the first time you hit the purple mystery shot in the lower left.
Spelling M-U-M-M-Y (the upper captive ball) will light a lock (up the middle on the pro, left ramp on Premium/LE). Lock your ball. Spell it a second time, and then your next captive ball will start mummy multiball. Hit all lit yellow shots for an add-a-ball and a new ball saver.
Trooper Multiball is through the drop targets. Keep knocking them down until your locks are lit (green arrows on right orbit and inner left orbit). Then lock 3 balls to start multiball. Hit the lit shots. Add-a-ball is first shot up the middle when the insert is doing a multicolor swirl.
Is that enough for now, or do you want more?

That is awesome. Thank you. That will give me some objectives when I play it next time

#52 5 years ago

Quoted from T7:I created "Game Guides" for many pinball games.
They are intended to be a faster way to learn...
--- an interactive shot map - makes it easy to see what to do
--- formatted to work well on a cell phone (use while playing)
Here's the ones for Iron Maiden:
- PRO: http://pinballzoo.com/Games/GameTips?id=901
- Premium: http://pinballzoo.com/Games/GameTips?id=918

THIS!!!! This is what I'm looking for. Thank you for doing that. Site is bookmarked

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Trade
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hop-Pac.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-makes-iron-maiden-so-great?tu=Hop-Pac and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.