Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by unigroove
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1001_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpeg

#1 8 years ago

Many of you have been to pinball expo after pinball expo. We thought we would throw it out to you to see what makes a great pinball expo?

Snacks?
    Beer?
    Tournaments?
    Vendors?
    Food trucks?
    Guest Speakers?

What made the last expo you attended amazing?

#2 8 years ago

Vodka.

Rare games.

#3 8 years ago

For me: the people. I like to see rare games as well. I'm almost at the point where I'm skipping shows if i know there will only be the usual games you see everywhere. I also appreciate interesting seminars.

#4 8 years ago

all the chicks

#5 8 years ago

Hotel accommodations are important for out-of-towners. It is nice to be able to stay where you play.

#6 8 years ago

games and lots of games, and a good repair crew of volunteers, the one in Tacoma WA has some of the best/fastest techs, hardly any games stay down. and getting the big vendors in, and my personal favorite the raffles, wish there were more.

#7 8 years ago

Not this guy

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#8 8 years ago

Whenever I see this pic, I laugh about the guy in the background with the super-slim tapered leg and his junk laying all up on somebodys table.
    "Aarghh....Pointy Leg Pete...yer ballsack and me flyers meet again"....

#9 8 years ago

But to answer yer question : good beer and good friends make any Expo the best one ever.

#10 8 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Whenever I see this pic, I laugh about the guy in the background with the super-slim tapered leg and his junk laying all up on somebodys table.
    "Aarghh....Pointy Leg Pete...yer ballsack and me flyers meet again"....

Almost thought it was Gavin for a second lol

#11 8 years ago

Atmosphere is most important. Games can't be in "Garage Condition" and in working order. It's got to be a place were you want to stay, don't want to leave. Hotel has to be in walking distance with parties in the parking lot and pinball machines in every room.

#12 8 years ago

Pin lineup, Freeplay hours of operation, Booze/Beer/Food, Reveals, Special Guests

#13 8 years ago
    Quoted from yegpin:

what makes a great pinball expo?

Hold on, lemme go grab Clay...

#14 8 years ago

Access to pinball designers and the greats of the hobby. All of them are friendly and happy to chat for a second. This is my favorite part.

What really makes a great expo is when the guests practice proper hygiene!!!!

#15 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

Not this guy

image_(resized).jpeg

If you see this guy.... TAKE HIS PICTURE AND POST IT PLEASE!!!!!!!

#16 8 years ago

Whiskey, hot pinball babes, & EM's set up properly.

#17 8 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

If you see this guy.... TAKE HIS PICTURE AND POST IT PLEASE!!!!!!!

Lol, I'm typically more of a go getter than a keyboard commando

#19 8 years ago

LTG : ) Mug !

IMG_1001_(resized).JPGIMG_1001_(resized).JPG

#20 8 years ago

More ingredients for a great Expo:
    - plenty of parts, merchandise, memoribilia and such for sale
    - plenty of good playing, properly leveled games. I never understand what the point is of bringing a game, setting it up and then it turns out to be leaning to the left or right.
    - Reasonably priced hotels and restaurants nearby.
    Reasonable distance of an airport that is cheap to fly in to and from
    - Following Pinball Expo (Twin Peaks) and Texas Pinball Festival (Wild Pitch) I guess you need a similar sports bar across the street as well

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-makes-a-great-pinball-expo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.