4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Spider3582
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

Hi EM guys!

I've played several different EM gun games, and had fun on all of them, but never spent enough time on them to understand what makes each different from one another, or more desirable than others. Could any of you chime in here with some thoughts or some resources on where I could research gun games? I'd really appreciate it.

Finally, I played a two player EM gun game (Twin Rifle?) and had a blast with my Dad on that at the PHoF. Are there other 2-player EM gun games? Are they very plentiful?

Thanks again, guys!
    Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics
    www.ElephantEater.com

#2 4 years ago

We have wild kingdom and twin rifle. buddy has haunted house and another great one.... my opinion is when it works fully it's awesome. Mine never work all the way quite right

#3 4 years ago

Chicago Coin made quite a few 2-player gun games. They are definitely more fun to play against someone. I have a Big Top Twin Rifle Gallery.

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from nikpinball:

my opinion is when it works fully it's awesome. Mine never work all the way quite right

Good to know, nikpinball. Is the fact that yours isn't fully working due to the fact that gun games are more difficult to work on than pinball machines, or you just haven't had the time to get to them?

Quoted from poppapin:

Chicago Coin made quite a few 2-player gun games. They are definitely more fun to play against someone.

Agreed! I definitely had more fun when competing (as the old Gottlieb saying goes). Is there a list of 2-player gun games or a record of their production numbers? Sort of like an IPDB, but for EM gun games?

Thanks for chiming in, guys!
    Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics
    http://www.ElephantEater.com

#5 4 years ago

Hey there Ryan,
    I do believe that the Guy who owns the Arcade in Brighton has a Twin Rifle for sale. As far as I know it works great, plug and play. I believe he was asking $550.00 for it. If you can't get in touch with him try getting in touch with Parker. MIpinball.com

Brian lenker

#6 4 years ago

Thanks for the tip, Brian!

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Is there a list of 2-player gun games or a record of their production numbers? Sort of like an IPDB, but for EM gun games?

If you go to the pinrepair.com site Clay has every gun game listed along with other cool arcade games.

#8 4 years ago

I think Twin Rifle and Big Top are great CC 2 player gun games.

Just my 2 cents.

Ken

#10 4 years ago

mike in brighton had a twin skeet for sale, not a twin rifle. and it's gone from what i understand. twin skeet isn't as good as twin rifle. of the twin gun games, twin rifle and twin pirate are probably the two best ones. personally i like the projectile gun games best. but they are more troublesome in general.

the problem with nearly all gun games is they become predictable or easy to memorize fairly quickly. they are novelty games though, but in the long haul, not as fun or skillful as pinball. personally i have probably 20 em gun games. they are all a little different, but all a lot the same too.

#11 4 years ago

There are lots of great gun games, and they were made by so many manufacturers for so many years that there are a lot of models out there. As mentioned, check out pinrepair to see the wide variety.

I have a Twin Rifle and agree that it's a great game - very fast and competitive, but you can also play a single player game on it as well. Another two rifle game that hasn't been mentioned yet is Midway's Twin Pirate - it uses a different target system (light sensitive targets) than the typical dale gun games which are more common.

There are some great single player games out there. Both CC Shoot Out and Coney Island are great games - they both have a variety of target styles (pop-up targets, light targets, holographic targets) which makes for a great mix. Some of the earlier games were much simpler, but can still be fun.

Personally, I like gun games that work on a timer rather than a number of shots per game - play is faster and, to me, more exciting. Games with 8 track sounds are fun too - it adds to the gameplay.

Projectile gun games, like Bally Sharpshooter and Midway Shooting gallery, are very different since they shoot pellets at the targets. They are big, single player games, but are very cool.

Some things to compare on gun games:

1) Gun type: dale gun vs. light gun vs. projectile
    2) Game play: clock timed vs. number of shots
    3) Sounds: Simple gun firing vs. background music & sounds
    4) Gun recoil vs. no recoil
    5) Themes: Lots of variety
    6) Targets: stationery vs. moving
    7) Target Style: Pop up, Holographics, Light targets or some combination
    8) Game type: single player vs. two player

Have fun!

#12 4 years ago

Chicago Coin Coney Island rifle, check it out on youtube awesome game

#13 4 years ago

I've never really had a desire to own a gun game....however stumbled upon Midway's Gangbusters one day and knew I wanted it for my gameroom. Everyone that has seen it gets drawn in by the tommy gun. Even as it sits in the restore queue waiting for service and a new paint job.

I suppose just like pinball, theme of the game plays a big part.

#14 4 years ago

Not sure if any others feature this but a number of the late model Midway brand games like have been mentioned (Twin Pirate Guns, Haunted House, Flying Carpet, Gangbusters etc.) speed up the target movement as you get deeper into the game (Score based?). So that adds to the attraction too.

1 year later
    #15 3 years ago

I just picked up a Midway Rifle Gallery projectile gun game. It doesn't have the original rifle though, looks to be the gun from shooting gallery deluxe. Does anyone have any insight on how to obtain an original rifle?

1 week later
    #16 3 years ago

chk with Richard in cali.
    he has lots of gun parts
    Richard
    voice: 951-203-7307
    32816 Wesley St
    Wildomar, California 92595

#17 3 years ago

A good gun game is a game that works

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 115.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Merf's Pins
    $ 199.99
    $ 269.00
    Cabinet - Other
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 35.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinfarmer Mods
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 11.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 60.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Vandelay Industries
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 27.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 339.00
    $ 22.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 234.99
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 130.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Haus
    $ 9.99
    $ 8,000.00
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Protection
    Little Shop Of Games
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside