(Topic ID: 272714)

What machines used BLACK Beehive Shooter Housings?

By too-many-pins

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

I am sorting through a bunch of parts I have had around and found 8 or 9 NOS Black Beehive shooter rod housings in a box of parts. These are "old original" stock with brass bushing for the shooter rod. I know these are older type plastic because when found they had the "typical" white mold on them that tends to appear on that old plastic.

Also trying to establish a "fair " asking price on these before I list them for sale. I was thinking in the $12 to $15 each range since I know originals are tough to find but I wasn't sure if the black would be as popular as the old red marbleized is. (I have had a fair amount of experience selling original red but no experience with black).

#2 3 years ago

No One? I know black is an "odd color" that wasn't used on a lot of machines but you also never see these up for sale at any price. I talked to a good friend in the hobby and he said he thought $25 each would be a good starting point. I don't need that much out of them but would like to establish a "fair price" for both me and a buyer.

#3 3 years ago

They made black? All I found was white but black would look better on my stern galaxy!

#4 3 years ago

I think maybe Wico made them for Bally Back Widow which never made it into production.

#5 3 years ago

These are earlier woodrail style with the brass bushing. I am thinking late 1940's to early 1950's (from memory) but I can't say for sure. As far as I know Gottlieb always used red marbleized and Chicago Coin used white but I don't know about some of the other companies. I know I have seen black on several machines over the years I just don't remember what machines.

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

These are earlier woodrail style with the brass bushing. I am thinking late 1940's to early 1950's (from memory) but I can't say for sure. As far as I know Gottlieb always used red marbleized and Chicago Coin used white but I don't know about some of the other companies. I know I have seen black on several machines over the years I just don't remember what machines.

Ah

#7 3 years ago

1947 Gottlieb Miss America, 1947 Gottlieb Maisie, and most other 1947 Gottlieb's. I believe they were used quite frequently in the early to mid 40's. The value is not that great unless you find a collector of preflipper Gottlieb games. I think around $10 each would get them sold. Now if you come across a black shooter gauge with the stamped Gottlieb logo that's a different story.

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from jsf24:

1947 Gottlieb Miss America, 1947 Gottlieb Maisie, and most other 1947 Gottlieb's. I believe they were used quite frequently in the early to mid 40's. The value is not that great unless you find a collector of preflipper Gottlieb games. I think around $10 each would get them sold. Now if you come across a black shooter gauge with the stamped Gottlieb logo that's a different story.

THANKS!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-machines-used-black-beehive-shooter-housings and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.