(Topic ID: 4325)

What machine(s) started your love affair with pinball?

By jarjarisgod

8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 70 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Rascal_H
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 7 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

001.JPG
    003.JPG
    image-2.jpg
    IMAG0018.jpg
    Hi-lo_Ace.jpg
    Hi-lo_Ace-1.jpg
    l.jpg

There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 8 years ago

Bally's Lost World. My uncle had one in his basement through the 80's up untill a few years ago. What a backglass!

image-2.jpg

#53 8 years ago
    Quoted from doublestack:

Bally's Lost World. My uncle had one in his basement through the 80's up untill a few years ago. What a backglass!

Wow!!! The backglass for that game rocks!!!

#54 8 years ago

F14 and HS, then TAF made me know I REALLY like pinballl.

#55 8 years ago

I fell in love on a williams klondike, at my house, globetrotters, which i still own, and a williams millionare which has been destroyed by moisture but I will attempt to resurect it this summer!

#56 8 years ago

when i was 5 or 6 my dad would take me with him to the corner store to play pinball. i dont remember the games now but they were early 70's em's. the 1st game i remember doing well at and still love today,gottliebs surfer.im on the hunt for one all the time so me and my dad can play it again. flash forward many years and playing pins here and there now i own 2 and am on the hunt for more. this is the best/worst addiction you can have.

#57 8 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

this is the best/worst addiction you can have.

+1

#58 8 years ago

Four years ago I stayed in a small place that rented cabins in Michigan. They had an old but perfectly functioning Mata Hari in the gameroom and I have been obsessed ever since.

The art work and chime box just sucked me in.

#59 8 years ago

monster bash for me when we were at a cabin for a whole week they had it @ the main gtg area

#60 8 years ago

As long as others are willing to date themselves - mine would be a toss up between Aquarius and Mini-Pool in 1970. Lots of other great titles followed to keep me hooked.

#61 8 years ago

It was playing AFM at Shorty's in Seattle, WA.

#62 8 years ago
    Quoted from wizzardz:

As long as others are willing to date themselves - mine would be a toss up between Aquarius and Mini-Pool in 1970. Lots of other great titles followed to keep me hooked.

I just sold a mini pool. nice machine. almost perfect playfield!

#63 8 years ago
    Quoted from Soapman:

Spy Hunter in 86

Seeing the pic of that awesome pin instantly played the tune in my head. Man I love the Spy Hunter music. Thanks!

#65 8 years ago

Medieval Madness. I was a total video/mame person. All my friends are into the emulation theme. We were at CAX and I was walking past the pins. I really never stopped to play any. All of a sudden, my eyes were open to how many toys and cool stuff that were on these playfields. I remember games from the early 80's, but missed the games from the 90's, so it was inspiring.

I saw MM with the castle, and the theme looked cool. I remember blowing up the first castle and being shocked on how cool that was. When the trolls popped up later, I was blown away. I started playing pins the rest of the day figuring out what each toy did on each machine. JP, Funhouse, CV, CP, MB were just blowing me away. Needless to say, I have been hooked ever since.

#66 8 years ago

I was probably 10 years old @ the time and remember going to the pizza parlor/arcade an seeing 2 machines that I didn't even play but the artwork burned itself deep into my mind for over 20 years til I saw them again! LOST WORLD & GORGAR

003.JPG 001.JPG

#67 8 years ago

Bally Star Treck was what got me hooked, but it was a crap game... The only reason I played it so much was that it was easy to get credits on, and I had little money back then... There was a Paragon next to it that was my first pinball love, and after winning some credits on Star Trek I'd sell some off and put the money in the Paragon... hoping to get at least 1 replay to double my VFM! I've always erred towards Bally's since then... even when Bally Williams merged I'd feel more attracted to the games that had the Bally logo... Paragon was the first game a tracked down when I realised it was possible to actually own a pinball!!

#68 8 years ago

WOW, the Lost World back glass look great.

The pin that hooked me was the Kingpin from the 70's. My grandpa moved into town from the farm and the previous owners sold him the pin. I got to play for free all the time growing up. Learned how to keep those switches adjusted.

#69 8 years ago

I don't remember if it was the two-player (Sea-Ray) or four-player (Mariner) version of the Bally game from 1970 (that's why I listed both) that got me hooked. Of course it was brand-new at the time and I watched bigger kids play it for about an hour before I got to try it out.
    This event is part of a song I wrote about my life-long love affair with pinball, in fact.

#70 8 years ago

STTNG. It was on my college campus. I played the hell out of it between classes. Also, my drive home was like 1.5 hours so after classes were done I'd play for awhile before making the long journey.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    3D MODS
    $ 209.99
    $ 99.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Sales
    $ 199.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 100.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    G-Money Mods
    $ 23.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 209.99
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 3.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Other
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 2,000.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 98.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 89.99
    $ 134.99
    Playfield - Plastics
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 12.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 38.75
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside