• The Jetsons 1 vote
    1%
  • Houdini 30 votes
    21%
  • P3 System (Lexi Lightspeed and other included games) 7 votes
    5%
  • The Big Lebowski 4 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 146 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 1 year ago

With all the new information that's come out about games recently (Total Nuclear Annihilation, Houdini, and Alien all having major developments), I was curious to see which ones people were most likely to be buying. I've tried to keep the list down to every pinball machine that released, or will be released, in 2017, so if applicable feel free to mark whatever machines you've already bought, as well as the ones you're intending to buy. Note that Attack from Mars Remake was left off due to the poll size limit.

I searched around and couldn't find a thread like this recently, but if there has been one that I missed then feel free to lock this thread and link me to it.

#2 1 year ago

Not a purchase. I have thought of trading my routed AFM for a routed ACDC premium. Maybe something local.

LTG : )

#3 1 year ago

Dialed In should be delivered tomorrow, so there's that for now. If I get anything else this year, it will be Total Nuclear Annihilation.

#4 1 year ago

None I am tapped out.

#5 1 year ago

I'm not sure I'll really buy a machine this year, but I voted for the machine (Houdini) that IMHO is the most worthy one to be purchased from the list you offered.

#6 1 year ago

I have to sell something before I buy again. I know I have too many for the wife when there are games in the living room.

#7 1 year ago

Until Stern gets all their issues sorted out, none.

Been holding off for some time now and afraid licenses are going to run out on a couple before it is considered safe to buy NIB.

#8 1 year ago

Take my money please Jen! Waiting for Dialed In to hit the line.... hoping for mid September

#9 1 year ago

If you haven't heard of the p3 or played a proto years ago I highly encourage you to take another look at it Lexy may not be your cup of tea but it's just the tip of ice berg -- and it seems like a lot of people haven't even played Lexy? At any rate, just throwing in my two cents. I've got room for 4, mayyybe 5 pins so p3 makes sense in so many ways but I don't think people are seeing the freedom for development and design for future games yet.

#10 1 year ago

No AFMr option in the poll....that's what I'm hoping for in the next few months.

#11 1 year ago

It will be AFMr.
But not in the poll.

#12 1 year ago

I'm in on an AFMLE. I'll probably get one more game after that this year.

I plan on waiting until after Expo and see what new games are coming out and decide between them and AS, DI, or SW. Right now, I'm leaning towards DI.

#13 1 year ago

Alien....otherwise I'd go for TNA.

#14 1 year ago

FYI - You've left off one of the most sought after games this year: AFMr

#15 1 year ago

Waiting it out, until Production, code, and any other bugs are worked out, and then being patient and Frugal
until a good deal/trade on an HUO.

Finding great joy in older titles, and EMs, new to me, while I wait. Plenty to stay busy.

However..What a banner year for New Games! Great choices for everyones taste!

#17 1 year ago

Have a Star Wars LE on the way, and other than that AFMr is the only game I'm considering from the list. Certainly looks like Stern's monopoly days are over at this point, though, which I hope above all leads to better quality from Stern.

#18 1 year ago
Quoted from Radagast:

and other than that AFMr is the only game I'm considering from the list.

Awesome.
But it I don't think it can be added to the poll list.

#19 1 year ago

Intrigued by TNA, but want to play it first. Also waiting to see if Guardians is the next Stern. I'd be all over a Borg/Lyman/Dirty Donny GOTG.

#20 1 year ago

Trying to acquire my first two pins. Sing Along and Odds & Evens

But who knows what the last part of 2017 will have.

#21 1 year ago

AFMrLE & Alice Cooper! Was all in on a Star Wars LE until I saw the playfield. Played it at Pintastic....the game is a ton of fun but I'll wait for possibly a premium down the road in 2018.

#22 1 year ago

For me it's going to be star wars premium.

#23 1 year ago
Quoted from Micky:

No AFMr option in the poll....that's what I'm hoping for in the next few months.

Quoted from Arcade:

It will be AFMr.
But not in the poll.

Quoted from Rockytop:

I'm in on an AFMLE. I'll probably get one more game after that this year.
I plan on waiting until after Expo and see what new games are coming out and decide between them and AS, DI, or SW. Right now, I'm leaning towards DI.

Quoted from spinal:

FYI - You've left off one of the most sought after games this year: AFMr

Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Note that Attack from Mars Remake was left off due to the poll size limit.

The omission was indicated in the OP. I would've liked to include it, however the poll size is limited to 9, and there were already 9 other new games, so I figured if I had to leave one off it should be the one that's just a remake of an old game rather than an actual new release.

#24 1 year ago
Quoted from Grayman_EM:

Trying to acquire my first two pins. Sing Along and Odds & Evens
But who knows what the last part of 2017 will have.

Two fantastic games! I currently have an Odds & Evens, and Sing Along is certainly on my list of games I'd like to own in the future.

#25 1 year ago

I was set to get SW Prem until I played Total Annihilation. TNA is now our new game for the year.

#26 1 year ago

TNA for me. Put my depisit down. Now patiently waiting...

#27 1 year ago

Whatever machine I can pick up in the $500 or less range would be the next one I'd consider buying.

#28 1 year ago
Quoted from jar155:

Dialed In should be delivered tomorrow, so there's that for now. If I get anything else this year, it will be Total Nuclear Annihilation.

I've played a pretty decent amount of Dialed In on location and have had a TON of fun playing it! One of my favorite games to come out in quite a while.

#29 1 year ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

The omission was indicated in the OP. I would've liked to include it, however the poll size is limited to 9, and there were already 9 other new games, so I figured if I had to leave one off it should be the one that's just a remake of an old game rather than an actual new release.

Ok. But I'm sure it would beat Jetsons, P3 and Lebowski.

#30 1 year ago

None of the options listed, I'm tapped out right now anyway.

Monster Bash remake I will buy for sure.

#31 1 year ago
Quoted from mamawaldee:

I'm tapped out right now anyway.
Monster Bash remake I will buy for sure.

That's going to cost you at least a cool 8 grand, probably more, so hopefully you won't be as tapped out when that time comes.

#32 1 year ago

none, i dont like most of what is being made currently

#33 1 year ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Ok. But I'm sure it would beat Jetsons, P3 and Lebowski.

I agree, it'd likely be right towards the top of the list in terms of vote count, however this poll really isn't about which one "wins", it's really just some light data collection to compare all the new/upcoming releases against each other. We probably already have a good gauge of where AFM remake will be with AFM being one of the most well regarded pinball machines of all time

#34 1 year ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

I agree, it'd likely be right towards the top of the list in terms of vote count, however this poll really isn't about which one "wins", it's really just some light data collection to compare all the new/upcoming releases against each other. We probably already have a good gauge of where AFM remake will be with AFM being one of the most well regarded pinball machines of all time

Agreed.

#35 1 year ago

Well, if money was no objection WOZ or Dialled In.

Realtistically, I've been trying to persuade my car repair guy to sell me his Jungle Princess. One of these days he'll give in.

The other one I'm looking out for but will never find in Germany is Melody. (Maybe Majorettes or Buckaroo/Cowpoke)

#36 1 year ago

My hobby operating business has been going pretty well, so I'm lucky enough to be able to check multiple checkboxes here:

* Star Wars (Premium/LE) will be here in a couple of weeks.
* Alien as well, hopefully (SE, not LE, so should be early in the upcoming production schedule)
* Total Nuclear Annihilation ordered; in third batch, so likely to arrive here in 2018
* Dialed In ordered, via a distributor who has not yet been able to give an ETA, unfortunately.

#37 1 year ago

It's crazy that 9 spots is no longer enough to fit all the games available at the moment.

#38 1 year ago

Nothing... but I entered 2017 saying I'd add nothing, but there are 3 more games in my house since then. So who knows.

#39 1 year ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

It's crazy that 9 spots is no longer enough to fit all the games available at the moment.

TBL available... lol...

#40 1 year ago

Any remake, if they announce one .

#41 1 year ago
Quoted from oyvindmo:

My hobby operating business has been going pretty well, so I'm lucky enough to be able to check multiple checkboxes here:
* Star Wars (Premium/LE) will be here in a couple of weeks.
* Alien as well, hopefully (SE, not LE, so should be early in the upcoming production schedule)
* Total Nuclear Annihilation ordered; in third batch, so likely to arrive here in 2018
* Dialed In ordered, via a distributor who has not yet been able to give an ETA, unfortunately.

Hey man whats an Alien SE? is that standard edition or special edition?

#42 1 year ago

already got my aerosmith le, star wars le is supposed to be here this week, and got dialed in le Tuesday. now just waiting for AFMr. I know, it seems like I might be spoiled, but im not, I promise! (LOL)

I am in for an Alien, but AFMr took its spot, so I am out of room at this point, so not sure what to do with the alien deposit, if I should bail, or stay in... thoughts?

#43 1 year ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

already got my aerosmith le, star wars le is supposed to be here this week, and got dialed in le Tuesday. now just waiting for AFMr. I know, it seems like I might be spoiled, but im not, I promise! (LOL)
I am in for an Alien, but AFMr took its spot, so I am out of room at this point, so not sure what to do with the alien deposit, if I should bail, or stay in... thoughts?

Doesn't seem like there's a huge reason to stay in, it's not like the games won't be available for sale after the initital ordering period, so I'd think you're safe to pull out now and leave yourself the choice to get it in the future if you find room or decide you really want it.

#44 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Hey man whats an Alien SE? is that standard edition or special edition?

Standard Edition.

#45 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

That's going to cost you at least a cool 8 grand, probably more, so hopefully you won't be as tapped out when that time comes.

I wouldn't be tapped out if the last spring windstorm hadn't blown 1/3 of my roof off. So many roofs blew away that it will still be a month before they can get to us. We are going stone coated steel roof, so that doubles the cost.

MBr in two years would be great. Hopefully it will put the hammer down on original prices similar to MM and AFM.

Even if I didn't need that roof I'd hold off on MB right now, prices are too high. I want to see what an announcement does to the market.

They (PPS/CGC) can take their time, MB is my grail, and one spot remains in the basement for it. I will have one even if I have to build it from parts.

#46 1 year ago

DILE is in the house and I'm #16 on TNA. Houdini and Alien look very interesting to me, but I'll wait until things look stable for those companies before purchasing. Great time for pinball!

#47 1 year ago

I can't afford a NIB pin in 2017...

If 2018 takes a better turn, I would love to own TNA, Houdini and/or P3.
One can dream!

#48 1 year ago

ACDC Premium VE! Cannot wait to get my favorite game of all time back in my line up! This time I am not selling it!

#49 1 year ago

Houdini is on my radar and I am waiting for release to see if it is for me or not. Guardians of the Galaxy will be really hard for me to pass up, especially if the Pro is packed. Hell I think I would buy GOTG just for the soundtrack.

Also looking for some older HUO Stern's like NBA, BBH, Grand Prix, and a few others.

#50 1 year ago

Total Nuclear Annihilation and Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle are the clear winners for me! Oh, and the new, unannounced JJP game by Eric Meunier is for sure on the radar after my interview with him at RMPS...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 9,995.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
6,005 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 8,000.00
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Great American Pinball
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Magazines/books
The Flipper Room
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 9,000.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 279.95
$ 129.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 134.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
6,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside