9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Truckload of bacon.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hobbypin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I know these types of questions are tough to answer but I really would like to hear from fellow hobbyist.
I have up too $6,000 to purchase a pin. I need to use this on a single purchase so multiple machines is not the answer this time. I want fun playability not necessarily collector status. Once again I know playability is subjective but there is so many choices and I can't try most before I buy.
What should I look at in the used market?
The other option is take this opportunity to buy NIB. What suggestions do you have in the NIB category?

#17 9 years ago

Played an Adams Family it was okay but not what I would spend this money on.

I like STTNG but the NIB is very appealing as this might be my only chance for some time.

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

Do you have $5k or $6k? Title says 5 but your first post says 6. It makes a difference.

I can squeeze another 1000 for the right game so 6000 is what I have. Maybe even a few hundred more but that would be a bit harder.

#51 9 years ago
Quoted from generalgman:

The problem with this question is that you are going to get recommended pins that others may think are great, but you may not enjoy. Everyone likes different things in pinball. I myself owned a TZ years ago and absolutely hated it, yet others think it is the best pin ever. If you own an ipad, download The Pinball Arcade and play all the pins in there. It will give you a very good idea what "you" enjoy, not what others enjoy.

Totally agree and understand it comes down to personal taste. This thread has given me some food for thought. I appreciate all the comments and knew it wouldn't be easy. At least I'm getting some titles to look up as I have not been in the hobby all that long and a few of these are new to me as they were always out of my price range.
Kind of interested in Tron LE.
I really wanted a STTNG a few months back but couldn't see spending the money. Now I have the money and I'm still not sure.

#93 9 years ago

At the moment I think I'm going to look for a STTNG. There was a couple close by a couple months ago, now nothing. I must be calm and collected and and wait for the right deal.
Might change my mind by the end of the day.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 218.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 45.00
Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Springfield, MO
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, GA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hobbypin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-machine-would-you-buy-with-5000?tu=hobbypin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.