(Topic ID: 92205)

What machine did you bring home today? Post your pictures!

By MiamiRedSkin

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 14,402 posts
  • 1,579 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by finnflash
  • Topic is favorited by 380 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 12,586 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191213_194249 (resized).jpg
51B11E61-8AA5-41BF-8723-A326AA82D1C7 (resized).jpeg
D158FE0F-F1EB-4BC4-9532-1672E2B51CEA (resized).jpeg
E811779A-55D6-48F3-8983-7FB25FE5AF8F (resized).jpeg
4739C5FC-227D-4BDD-90D3-FE1FC7264CD1 (resized).jpeg
E273CB8A-E976-40CA-84DA-521D11A2AB5E (resized).jpeg
metal pins (resized).jpg
shadow (resized).jpg
881F40BF-EC99-432E-BD50-F6C6CB8678C5 (resized).jpeg
DF90E0B9-4543-411A-AB5E-543B668202CD (resized).jpeg
20191214_123356 (resized).jpg
IMG_9645 (resized).JPG
IMG_9644 (resized).JPG
IMG_9643 (resized).JPG
IMG_9642 (resized).JPG
20191214_180900 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider xtheblackknightx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1060 4 years ago

Superb+ Junkyard.
Waiting for shopping, and minor cabinet touchups.
No cabinet fading, playfield clearcoat still strong, no major issues on the playfield including ramps, electronics, or plastics.
Wrecking Ball Plastic actually was not chipped or broken, and the crane worked fine.
Basic strip down, flipper rebuild, 5 microswitches (intermittent age and play), two plastics (chipped), and a few cabinet touch ups.
Second machine of this type I have owned in my lifetime, last one sold in 2007.
I will keep this one, because nice ones are getting hard to find.

20151006_172306.jpg

#1061 4 years ago
Quoted from Atreyu:

I just brought home this BEAUTIFUL Cannes today. What an interesting game. Playfield is immaculate, everything plays wonderfully, it is very fast, and everything is very clean. Now I am out of room for pins at my house! At least until my wife allows me to annex part of our living room after we already removed the table from the dining room for these, that is...

Careful, you have started the pinball ride, that make you end up in "Stage 2" soon.

Stage 2
- Now, its "Hey, this is even better than I remember....."
- Buying spree begins, dependent on monetary funds
- The new collector starts buying machines that do not work, are missing parts, etc.
to save money, or to finance buying more machines
- Collector has to start justifying his actions to his family and wife
- Machines start taking up places in the house that they should not be
- Collector begins thinking about building a "game room" (seriously)

"Been there, done that, bought the T-Shirt"

#1075 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Just picked up an unusual hybrid game--Gottlieb Caveman.

The one thing I remember about this machine is that it weighs a ton, and I hated moving it. Finding a new back glass could be a real problem, as there just are not that many left and I am not even sure Mayfair or other older parts sellers stock the glass. It is a part of pinball history like Granny and the Gaters

1 week later
#1120 4 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

I brought home Arnold yesterday to keep Rod company.

Spot pinball machines in the dining room, uh-oh....

#1140 4 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Where else would they go?

In the garage via very organized and leveled pinball "bank" rows...

In my case still a work a lot of work to be done as I begin the "overhaul process" after many of my machines were in individually crated storage for a decade.
I just got WH20 humming after cranking the vertical incline angle above 10+ pitch degrees after the initial technical inspection, board connections, Eprom validations, game adjustments, DMD testing, feature tests, solenoids, switch and lamp matrixes,etc, etc. Even then I kept watching and smelling for ozone and "smoke" from the first few test games.

12113498_181085495567322_8928191676508157977_o.jpg

#1170 4 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

That has to be one of the worst head designs of all time.

It is.

1 week later
#1224 4 years ago
Quoted from OHMI_Arcade:

D&D makes a nice addition to my little collection!
IMG_2444.JPG

That is a fun game, harder to find these days too.
Superb artwork too, good choice.
Always reminded me of SoF.
"Lionman"!

1 week later
#1268 4 years ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

No - scored this one off of craiglist. PF is literally perfect. Needs shopped though. I don't think he ever took the glass off the game in the 15 years he had it.

Fun game, terrible translite. Always reminded me of T2.

#1273 4 years ago

I want to put these in my main row, but don't want to move 16 games to accomplish it. Completely a first world problem, that's for sure.

The bane of every serious pinball collector. Real estate space in homes.

#1308 4 years ago
Quoted from Hot_Rod_Grille:

Reminds me of a few years ago when I was selling a game at The White Rose Gameroom Show in York, PA. This guy must have played 20+ games on the machine (he basically monopolized the game for a major portion of the afternoon). Finally I asked if he was ready to buy it and he said that he would have to go ask his wife for permission!!!! No big surprise when he came back later (to play again) and said she would not allow him to get it! She didn't want "that thing" in her house! I actually felt a bit sorry for the poor guy.

I have always had a simple policy.
I don't date or marry women who do not like pinball. For many it is polarizing I realize, but any supporting person would like what their significant other does as a hobby. Call it a "temperature check" test of you will. It works.

#1317 4 years ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

So much this. I have too many friends with controlling wives that are simply miserable because they dictate everything in their lives. It's sad watching them behave as a shell of a person they used to be. A lot of it has to do with once they get trapped with kids and trying to do what they believe is right and their wives become very domineering. Those same friends can't believe that my wife is so supportive of the hobby and all my shenanigans. I try to explain to them as politely as I can that is what happens when you don't marry a total bitch.

I never let it get the point of the "b$#%@" crescendo.
I actually have been married twice, and both were fully supportive of my hobby.
When they left, my pinball collection remained intact as well, as they were not "vindictive".
I did however keep it "under control" however after marriage the first time, because you have to prioritize that real estate space...

3 weeks later
#1448 4 years ago

NIB (New In Box) Stern Metallica "Monster" Premium #255338 (Canadian Export).

This machine has been sitting in my garage since early November 2015 for several reasons, namely time for proper evaluation, and letting the clearcoat harden for several more weeks. This came out of a production run that was scheduled in January 2016, but several were produced a little earlier as per my pre-order. I finally had time to unbox it.

The game has now been properly "dialed in" but hardly finished. In essence, I am "bulletproofing" the machine. Some of the more notable features already installed are a ColorDMD, overhauled NEW high power amplified speaker system (internal), Invisiglass(TM), FULL playfield plastic and wear protector sets, side armor, custom pinball topper, and a SAM remote controller (everybody should have one of these in their Stern SAM machines anyway, they are SO damn useful). More to come. I may take some more photos at another time.

Yes, that is right, I RIPPED APART a brand new game, and partially gutted it, adding new components and added all sorts of additional wiring, and cleaned up what the factory did not do, but should have.

Stern quality control was OK, but...
Most people are generally in a massive rush to the open the box, set it up, and play the game. This is generally a BAD IDEA, as you to check EVERYTHING, cabinet, fuses, cables, electronics, switches, coils, etc. It took me roughly 6 hours for baseline. In my case for example TWO of the leg bolt plates were STRIPPING from the factory due to improper installation of the leg bolts at an angle. I was able to get this corrected by re-threading with tools, and ALWAYS use lithium grease. There are always all sorts of nuances that need to be worked out in a NIB game. NEVER use Stern factory pinballs, they are $#%, and normally scratched (at least mine did not have rust on them, as I have seen that before). I already have taken the game apart once, to install various additional components.

Cheers!

20151211_130734.jpg
20151213_155426.jpg

#1449 4 years ago
Quoted from simplykind:

Black Knight 2k. Minty. Definitely HUO.

"He's got the power!"
Oh wait that's ME!

#1450 4 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Just fyi I've learned that I pay far more than games are valued here on Pinside, as my JD was $3850. But that includes many things like restoration, they go over the game completely to make sure everything works, fully cleaned, fully LED's, paint touch ups on the cabinet and play field, delivery and I get free in home warranty service in case issues come up. It also includes the eagle topper and an alternate translite which aren't shown in my pictures because those are still on the way. It also includes the dead world mod, but he included the alternate dead world disc and rom to revert it back to production mode with the virtual lock if I want to. Also he handles all the work for me, basically I request a table and he locates it, ships it to his shop from wherever it is in the country, gets it ready for me and then delivers it and warranties it. You can check my collection here on pinside, I listed what I've paid for every table and they were all acquired the same way from the same restorer here in Los Angeles.
Anyways I don't want to derail this great thread, but I mention the above only because I suspect people will freak out here at the prices I've paid for tables, but I just want my tables all clean, restored, warrantied and everything handled for me. I included a pic I had posted on the game room thread, shows the Judge Dredd table at the end. Some of the tables in my collection aren't shown as they are in a different room.

20151210_233443.jpg

Learning to repair machines is as equally important as owning restored machines.
All pinball machines break down, regardless of status.
Anything can go wrong, at ANY time.
Paying $8k for a pinball machine that does not work is a 300 lb doorstop.
This way you do not get overly frustrated and dump your collection in two years like many.
Keep up the spirit and hard work!
What you pay for your machines is your business, and nobody else.
Even I sometimes buy new machines, although not often anymore.

#1458 4 years ago
Quoted from simplykind:

Yeah it will need a new battery holder as this one had a minor leak, dont see anything on the mpu though. The tab actually broke off when I removed the old batteries.
More pics since I got it home.

I would not mind seeing a few close up photos of the playfield.
That will really tell me how good this machine is overall.

#1469 4 years ago
Quoted from simplykind:

Any thoughts? I don't see a single pf issue minus some slightly dirty posts and a little leftover wax. Look at how clean it was under the lockdown bar. The bar itself took a little force to remove due as did the pf glass, almost like it was snug from barely ever being removed.

One of the best examples of a BK2K I have seen in well past 20 years.
Is there even a mylar coating on this playfield?
It does not look to be the case.
If there is not, feel fortunate, most were destroyed due to that decision.

I would really like you to take one more photo, a hi res shot of the entire playfield focused on the lightning wheel.
I would like this have this for reference.

Also, you could do a favor for the community.
Upload your photos to the archives.

#1488 3 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

Finally, arrived today. I have never played the game. I am impressed with the quality of this game. Incredible work!

Congratulations.
If Pro Pinball Timeshock! is ever made there will probably less than 300 made of that title, and I will be first in line for that one similar to this one.

1 week later
#1537 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Did my biggest pin haul about a week ago. There are 7 more I also picked up from this load that aren't pictured.

You made some good choices.
3rd edition EBD, F14, etc.
All classics.

#1538 3 years ago
Quoted from BelgianBaller:

Picked up a Zaccaria Farfalla yesterday.

The original "unicorn" pinball machine, congratulations.
All non-purist LEDs fans would be very proud!
I would just love to see this machine all in LED puke, it would bring a new meaning to the term.

1 week later
#1564 3 years ago
Quoted from Jappie:

Well, technically not today... but 2 days ago I picked up this baby! It was posted on Marktplaats (the Dutch Craigslist, sort of) for free pickup and I was the second caller. The seller (Bob) promised to call me back in case the first caller should cancel. So I hung up, thinking 'argh! if only I had seen that ad a few minutes earlier!' A few minutes later though, I get a call from Bob, telling me the first caller has in fact cancelled. (Now who on earth would cancel picking up a free pin?!) But, Bob told me that the machine wasn't free anymore: he did want to have some money for it. Uh ow...
Long story short: I wasn't planning on getting another pin, as my small appartment is already pretty stuffed... But for 50 euro's, who would resist?
I always thought that this is a very underrated (or undiscovered maybe?) title. Probably because it's the successor of one of the all-time classics. This ís Dave Christensen's last piece of art at Bally, though... Plus it's got all the goodness of an early 80's Bally, like multiball and speech. I'm loving it.
Sadly, the backglass is flaking on the underside. Luckily, I have a spare one that looks a lot better. The playfield is pretty nice. Has mylar, but has some wear in places without it. And some idiot attached the Little Demon with too long screws.
Although very risky, I'm planning on taking the mylar off and clearcoating it. In my opinion, the Christensen artwork on this playfield should shine like the backglass does.
Above all, I'm a very happy camper. This hobby does keep you busy, doesn't it?

This actually is a very interesting pinball machine in terms of its development history beyond its connection to the original EM, Fireball Classic. Worth doing some reading to go find what I am referring to. I won't spoil the surprises. Use lots of goo gone or naphtha, soft heat, and a lot of patience. Seal the backglass with Triple Thick IMMEDIATELY, so you can ask least save it for a wall hanger.

#1565 3 years ago
Quoted from pantherpinball:

Look what I found! NFL!

Did you get the "unicorn running on clouds" framed picture included?
It would not be complete without it.
(You might need to do a little history checking on this one)

#1583 3 years ago
Quoted from Jappie:

Thanks for the tips, man! I can't seem to find the background info you're referring to, though... Can you tell me where it is?

I will give a clue, "Dave".

#1584 3 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Happy New Year to me!
Brought this bad boy home today. My son loves it

RC is highly underrated.

2 weeks later
#1642 3 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

I love delivery day!

Smart idea with the medicine bottle. If you do not have a cashbox, this does work good. I have used Centrum vitamin bottles duct taped to the bottom of the inside of the cabinet. A little better than plastic bags to protect new balls if individually wrapped and the keys are never lost.

#1646 3 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

This is why the the backglass is broken. The backbox cabinet came apart at the base during transport.

Why was the backbox transported upright anyway and not lowered and strapped?
Could the bolts not be removed?
Was the back section of the EM backbox unremovable to access the bolts?

This always equals bad karma events.
Sounds like a harsh lesson was learned in this situation.
If a backbox is completely $#%@ed (it happens), it best to still remove the backglass and use a cardboard sleeve with padding.

1 week later
#1686 3 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Was last week but man this is a fast pin. Didn't know Pat Lawlor could make fast pins

For some reason this title seems to be a "mystery" with new collectors.
People simply do not seem to even know he designed it for Stern, or it exists for that matter.
It actually is one of Pat Lawlor's "acceptable" Stern late model machines, and compliments games like I500 and Corvette well.
If that "bash toy" car in the middle had been removed and replaced with something else, it might have done even better overall.

2 months later
#2229 3 years ago
Quoted from Zukboy2002:

Awesome game!! We played it all night till we passed out.

Might want to put some rubber caster protectors underneath the leg levelers.
Hardwood floors + pinball machines = equals deep scratches

#2237 3 years ago

Not sure if this truly qualifies, but I decided to pull out my AGBGoaWT from storage after a LONG time. (NIB overstock purchase).

Not much play on this game, put maybe 250+ games on it, folded it back up, shrink wrapped it and got crated.

"Dial in" via burn test and tech overhaul required on this game, even when it came from the factory.

"Bulletproofing" is a better term, and I still need to add some tweaks to protect the playfield. It can be be a little wonky if you just fire it up, not in the electronics per say, but more about playfield switch design, not to mention the game has not been played in nearly a decade.

IMG_20160429_053625_(resized).jpg

#2240 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I played this game at the Ohio show for the first time. It was pretty cool. I loved the drum feedback in the flipper buttons.

Yes, the "bump buttons" were a unique feature found in no other machine from a manufacturer, unless there is someone foreign that did it I am completely unaware in history. You definately can feel the pulses with the pop bumpers and multiball.

The sound/music quality is FAR superior than most games, even today unless a PinSound board is used.

2 weeks later
#2408 3 years ago

May not be a full machine, but worth mentioning.

Latest backglass addition added to my "backglass closet" collection (I ran out of wall space years ago), complements of Pin-A-Go-Go.
An ORIGINAL 1973 Bally Circus (backglass artwork was better than the game).
No veining, cracking, or peeling and is completely unfaded.

Bought "el cheapo" for less than a Ben Franklin.

Not bad for a 43 year old glass, and a testament to the Bally ink screening process and heat treatment curing in the 1960-70s.
Gold nuggets are still out there you just have to hunt for them.

13221530_280524935623377_8715594278242959697_n.jpg
13177245_280524945623376_3337240636274164876_n.jpg

#2413 3 years ago
Quoted from jwwhite15:

Now that is interesting... Some years ago when I parted a Bally Circus out I sold the pristine BG to a guy up north...Lodi I think. Wonder if it made its way to you some how.??

Anything is possible.
This was buried in Rick's piles of used poor condition backglasses at his BAA booth, so this was probably not the same game.
I was sorting through mostly "window pane" and very badly flaking and cracked back glasses, and this one was laying on the bottom.
It literally had about 1 1/2 feet of tempered and plate glass on top of it in one pile.
I looked at Rick, and Rick looked at me.
Here is are some $20s, Rick, let me take this off your hands.
He says, "no problem".
End of story, as I rushed with the sandwiched glass between bubble wrap and cardboard to my car to put into one of my backglass shipping boxes that I carry around when I go to shows.

"Strike when the iron is hot!"

#2455 3 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

I was on a mission to pick up something weird and cheesy to round out the lineup. Success????

Unique, hard to find game.
Hopefully, this one has a good condition cabinet, as most are cracking and have paint issues.
Playfields held up well, and had a solid, basic feature set.

Good news?
Fits in places where other machines will not!

#2488 3 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

My wife's not to happy about the placement of my new pin. It kinda matches, right?

I have seen a lot worse...(not my home).
The collector had no wife for a reason.

Pinballlivingroom.jpg

2 weeks later
#2619 3 years ago

Prototype Transporter: The Rescue.
A test unused game model bought and sent home directly from the factory floor.
Serial Number #11, x series, all boards and parts match.
Documented HUO in private ownership for 27 years.
No cabinet fade.
Rare game anyway, and unheard of in this condition.
The playfield provides an easy assessment of the entire game, particularly the transporter ramp that is crystal clear, and a dust free lower cabinet interior.

15py99.jpg

IMG_20160612_054744_(resized).jpg
IMG_4803_(resized).jpg
IMG_4801_(resized).jpg
IMG_4795_(resized).jpg
IMG_4793_(resized).jpg
IMG_4794_(resized).jpg
IMG_4797_(resized).jpg
IMG_4798_(resized).jpg
IMG_4799_(resized).jpg
IMG_4800_(resized).jpg
p1010645_(resized).jpg
cimg4965_(resized).jpg
cimg4966_(resized).jpg
p1010646.jpg

2 months later
#3150 3 years ago

Another road trip, another machine, another memory.

Very low use collector quality T2 purchased for private ownership (HUO) in 1991.
Sitting in the same summer house game room with a electronic dart board and pool table for almost 25 years under a set of blankets.
Equitable price offered and accepted, no market "insanity".

Game reflected description based on condition.
All paperwork (manual, schematic, handbook, goodie bag+ extra plastics, fuse pack) in the coin door including the invoice from 10/22/1991 direct from the distributor to the present owner.
Shipped to the SAME home address.

Cost was $200 higher than original NIB cost + delivery (if you know what distributors charged back in 1991).
Private contacted sale as he knew I was a serious collector who does not BS or play CL / Ebay games.

Not every owner thinks games are made of platinum or gold, this was just property to the owner.
Fair and honest.

Boards were bright green, unfaded unmarred cabinet (except the leg gouging from leg bolts being over tightened which nobody cared about in the 1990s), a couple of light scratches on the edges of the backbox and top factory warning decal which was peeled by the owner.
Gun handle still full chrome.
Batteries were dead, last time they were changed was 2008 (marked), no alkaline leakage (very lucky).
Playfield near perfect, two chipped plastics, no other broken parts including signs, skull, ramps, stand ups, drop target, or HK.
Cannon looming looks great with no twisting.
Even the drop target decal looks new.

Just needs a light shop job, although I will completely strip the entire game.
I already have the replacement plastics enroute.

Sitting in my garage until winter, and I will sell my other T2 in storage which is only superb eventually.

Games like this do exist to the diligent.

T2.jpg

#3152 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

That T2 looks great, love to see more of it. The story is really great. 1991 HUO, great find!

I will "open it up" in a few months.
Too nice to stay indoors right now.
Enthusiasts will be amazed at the playfield.
I was.

#3195 3 years ago

Equally worthy.

Another original Gorgar backglass duplicate backglass acquired.
Superb, non-faded, non-flaking condition.
No damage to mirroring.
Light scratches.

Gift from a close pinball friend.
Provided pre framed.
Hung right now for safety.

The backglass will be donated eventually to a protege in the future to get them jump started into the "world of pinball".

20160911_192632.jpg

#3226 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Probably just needs a fuse.

Backglass looks pretty good for its age though, it would pay for the fuse.

1 month later
#3677 3 years ago

I finally decided to get around to getting out my Joust (Bally, 1969).
"Veterans Day Special" moment.
Few tweaks, nothing major to get the game "dialed in" (the new pinball lingo term, right?).
My girlfriend played the first few games as I promised, because she put it together.
Still need to replace the thumper bumper caps to get rid of the GI light burns.
I put up my EBD again as well, for a some quick memories.

Space is a bit of an issue right now, so collectors have to be careful and make sure you generate extra support all the time...

Joust (resized).jpg
Joust 2 (resized).jpg

#3695 3 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

1972 sega rifleman shooter.

1967 was the production year, always loved the game.
Production concluded in 1968.
They used heavy springs to generate the gun shot "effect".

http://www.pinrepair.com/arcade/riflema.htm

Most of these were fazed out of arcades by the late 70s.

#3700 3 years ago

I hope the sewer drainpipe with the WH20 in the photo never breaks, or it will bring new meaning to the concept with the games beside it.
The callout will become "Brown water!!!"

#3724 3 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

The King rock I picked up on the last page left today. An early birthday gift for my dad. He played King Kool in college and was pretty excited today when me and the boy surprised him.

"Pinball happiness is having to take your door off the hinges in order to get a game the game to fit in the house."

2 months later
#4275 2 years ago

"Two Ted Zale 'zipper flipper' games left to go..."

Something that has not been seen often in the pinball world in over 45 years since factory production, and may not be seen again for a very long time. THREE Four Million B.C. EM pinball machines (Bally, 1971) side-by-side together once again. My game is the one in the middle, in "purist" non-LED colored form. Road trip complete.

1 (resized).JPG

3 (resized).JPG

2 (resized).JPG

5 (resized).JPG

6 (resized).JPG

4 (resized).JPG

7 (resized).JPG

82 (resized).jpg

#4299 2 years ago

Two very unique pieces of pinball history.
Both are very rare, one more than the other.
I would pay good money to add the BigFoot to my extensive backglass collection.

1 week later
#4336 2 years ago

"Don't try this method to safely bring your new game home."
(Unless you like Mr. Backglass 'sad face')

This actually was not a joke, the owner thought he could somehow make it work.
Who am I to argue?
(More shaking heads and shrugs on my behalf)

Mystic Loading (resized).jpg

1 month later
#4833 2 years ago

Another Mystic sitting in storage for 15+ years.
Everyone should play this title at least one for the Illuminati theme.
D1M playfield, minimal wear, superb backglass and cabinet.
Board set overhaul rebuild required with resoldering and repinning of all displays and connectors.

Summer 2017 restoration project.
"Pinball collectors are like big game hunters. We know what we want, what it looks like, remain patient, and strike only when the the target is clearly in our sights. We do not chase dreams, play games, or get in on or offline bidding wars."

Final photo was another backglass added to the archive racks of "The Stronghold". Playboy (Bally, 1978). Overall superb, minor scratches. Fortunately the packing tape was only on the front of the glass, or it might have been a disaster. "Offer acceptable to condition", no crazy current pricing, and the iron was struck when hot. I think a couple of people might be unhappy, but you have to know pinball buying rules.

cac37fc5a5b06eb2bf0bb8c96aafca58.jpg
965939d9c362fe9ad063cb529c0583ba.jpg
2e28f52c54c4f263b56231ab7c5f59c6.jpg

17880586_448049265537609_583210043125589693_o.jpg

#4853 2 years ago

Hardcore pin mover.

3 weeks later
#5152 2 years ago

Highly uncommon, borderline rare game now, Bazaar (Bally, 1966).

Great example of knowing what to look for in a pinball project as a proper "diamond in the rough" and step up an owner's restoration challenges. Never let a dusty or dirty game dissuade a collector from finding hidden gems.
Even in the current condition, the game does work.

A gracious private acquisition by a fellow collector out of storage.

Bazaar was the FIRST EM pinball game with the "zipper flipper" feature designed by Ted Zale and in my opinion one of the harder games to find in "TBK" game quality standards. Last of Mr. Zale's designed games on my hit list.

Game is currently awaiting reproduction backglass remanufacture from a NOS scan to swap out the original which is above window pane quality, just don't breath on it. Backglasses of this age are always a weak link in the chain.

Playfield is outstanding with no major ball wear, planking, ball swirls, broken plastics, missing parts or assembly problems especially for a game that is over 51 years old.

Cabinet requires a complete restencil repaint due to previous owner doing the work via hand and paint brush, and it looks like a kindergarten kid went crazy with a crayon. Side rails were removed for photos. However, the cabinet is physically solid with a very nice coin door and side rails that are not dented, and the cabinet itself not delaminating or rotting. Unfortunately, there is no way I can fix what was done regarding the painting without a full orbital sanding the cabinet. I will have to make the stencils myself, as none currently exist in the market and must do it from scratch. The design is quite simple.

1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG
6.JPG
7.JPG
8.JPG
9.JPG
10.JPG
11.JPG
12.JPG
15.JPG
16.JPG
17.JPG
18.JPG

1 week later
#5221 2 years ago

The Ted Zale "zipper flippers" are out there.
Their return popularity is not a complete surprise regarding collections once people discovered the features again.

Superb example of Nip-It (Bally, 1973) that spent most of life in a private home.
Playfield has no planking, a solid Tuff-Coat, and just the tiniest bits of ball trail wear and insert edges.
According to the play meter only a little over 26K+ players in over 44 years, and the meter does not look like rolled after disassembly and inspection. They just do not make games like this anymore, especially the backglasses.

The game was solidly hallmarked into pinball history forever with Bally's agreement with ABC regarding the title's use on "Happy Days" even though the game is completely out of context in terms of its use in the 1950s period sitcom, but still went on to be the highest rated TV show of the decade. There is another entire story regarding the use of this game and decision with Garry Marshall.

I am preparing to re clean the playfield, spot touch up and clear coat a few tiny spots, wax, and replace all the rubber rings as it has been a few years since the game has been shopped out. The final touch is replacement of "Gator Button" decal.

The last of the Ted Zale games I needed to acquire for my collection.
Another is just awaiting a reproduction from this NOS backglass.

As Fonzie would say, "AAAAAyy".

18595547_465279087147960_7215198537744591191_o.jpg

18623548_465273077148561_2843429291193632345_o.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider xtheblackknightx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside