(Topic ID: 92205)

What machine did you bring home today? Post your pictures!

By MiamiRedSkin

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 13,762 posts
  • 1,535 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by DCP
  • Topic is favorited by 369 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 12,113 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191013_101242.jpg
246CD104-86F8-41FF-A133-87F902F1D171 (resized).jpeg
52DE8512-19A4-47E8-BA0E-2CC63AA0D69F (resized).jpeg
20191012_104205 (resized).jpg
20191012_152601.jpg
131FF064-8209-4C0C-AC98-E2ACC15715A9 (resized).jpeg
20191009_171614 (resized).jpg
194E7E60-512A-4D15-8645-88516A317591 (resized).jpeg
57DC04D4-6C30-4C72-9DF0-581A4F8374C0 (resized).jpeg
EF5321A4-D7D4-492E-A5D7-D5FB2E631C45 (resized).jpeg
20191011_210704_resized (resized).jpg
FE7E7FA0-7BD9-4A0B-B1B5-D6EAA71AFE64 (resized).jpeg
20191010_185551_resized (resized).jpg
PB Cake (resized).jpg
IMG_20190720_171401 (resized).jpg
8813201C-CB2F-4E8B-B910-8E916730094A (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider topmoose.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#548 4 years ago

I have room in my house for three machines - this is the fourth. It's going to be a little uncomfortable until I sell my Rocky & Bullwinkle.

Delivery070715-1.jpg
Delivery070715-2.jpg

1 week later
#565 4 years ago

My new project! Let's see who can identify it just by that distinctive color.

P7140020.jpg

#567 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Flying Carpet

Correct! Of course, an EM pro should have no problem.
This is one of my Grail pins and I'm excited to get started with the restoration!

2 weeks later
#647 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Bally Sea Ray I scored from CL in cincy. Dirty but is cleaning up great. PF is near perfect but BG has flaking and previous owner did bad touch ups. Perfect candidate for Phoebe's magic. Picked up from warehouse next to a self-storage lot. "Breaking Bad" Bounder RV was in the lot and swear to God, the seller had a bald head, thin rim glasses but no Heisenberg mustache or goatee. This is my first game with a chop-top glass, older pre-diamond stainless coin door and Christian Marche artwork. Now I want a Bally Skyrocket !IMG_4956.JPG IMG_4962.JPG IMG_4954.JPG

You got the Sea Ray! Great score - I saw that one on Craig's List and thought that whoever gets it will be really lucky. It looks like it's in great physical shape. Congrats!

4 weeks later
#837 4 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

You sure do use a lot of wrap ForceFlow.
Hey Woody, is there anywhere close you've seen a Monopoly on location?

You might have to come over to my neck of the woods - there's one on location in Newport, KY.

1 month later
#1027 4 years ago
Quoted from jboner1058:

It's finally mine!

image.jpeg image_1.jpeg image_2.jpegimage_3.jpeg image_4.jpeg image_5.jpeg

I've never seen such a good looking Phantom. Congrats!

2 weeks later
#1145 3 years ago
Quoted from Atlgills:

A friend called me and informed me that someone he knew was cleaning out a warehouse and it had a few pins in it that were going to be smashed and thrown in the dumpster if no one picked them up that day. This is what I collected. 11 total. Yesterday was a good day my friends!

Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Holy cow I can't believe those were going to be smashed!! Awesome haul, and thanks for saving them from the dumpster.

Agreed. You, sir, are a hero.

1 week later
#1225 3 years ago

Technically, I brought my Flying Carpet home back in June and have been working on the restoration. But two weeks ago I put it all back together for the first time and last weekend I got it into working order. The next step: get rid of that pendant light.

PB010259.JPG

PB010266.JPG

2 months later
#1640 3 years ago

I love delivery day!

P1180409_(resized).JPG

It's 10 degrees F out today, so the game was frosty when it arrived. I took off the glass and will wait a few hours to let it acclimate before I plug it in.

P1180411_(resized).JPG

My Junk Yard came with this promotional clock...

P1180413_(resized).JPG

... and a medicine bottle in the cabinet.

P1180415_(resized).JPG

But I quickly figured out that this is how the seller secured the balls and key.

P1180416_(resized).JPG

2 months later
#2150 3 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Bought home in the last two weeks (crazy busy) and started another thread for the Mystic, but thought I'd chime them in here.
Saved the FC from Todd before he threw it off the roof LOL...repainted cab but couldn't let it go to the dump. Mystic grabbed from Jack O'Reilly in Lavalette, NJ. Perfect BG and head, all original boards in excellent shape. Game was damaged a little in Sandy, so going to attempt a resto and see what I can do with it. Definitely didn't want a Mystic in a graveyard somewhere.

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

Welcome to the Flying Carpet Club! Other than needing a paint job, it looks like it's in great shape!

3 weeks later
#2298 3 years ago

Well, this thing found its way into the back of my car today.
Not a complete machine - just the playfield - but is anyone good enough to name that game?

P5040033_(resized).JPG

#2301 3 years ago

Jeez, you guys. I thought it would take longer than 40 seconds to get a correct answer.

Interesting story behind this: I've been thinking about doing a re-theme project for a while and decided that Flash is my ideal donor game (awesome layout, terrible artwork, high production run). After two slipped through my fingers, I found this playfield on Craigslist five miles from my house. It's dirty and parts are missing but it's only $200 and I can work with that.

I sent the seller an email on Sunday - no response.
I emailed again on Monday - no response.
I emailed again on Tuesday and mentioned that I'm local and have cash.

He responded that he's going to put it up on Ebay to try to get a higher price.

I told him that I'd pay $250 and he wouldn't have to deal with Ebay fees, PayPal, crating it up and getting it to a shipper. He agreed and I showed up a few hours later. He turned out to be a really nice guy with stacks of pin and vid projects, circuit boards, controllers and panels in various states of disrepair all around his office.

So my project has started in earnest! I'm going to start a thread to chronicle the long process from the junk pile to a working machine.

1 week later
#2389 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Joined the EM club today. It also might have been my first bargain. That might be tough pic to guess from.

Nice! Welcome to the club!

3 months later
#3145 3 years ago

Congrats on Junk Yard! It sort of gets forgotten among all the giants of the late-90's B/W titles but it's a really fantastic game.

1 month later
#3551 2 years ago
Quoted from chad:

No pics yet but Rock and Bullwinkle and Gottlieb FunLand.

I've owned both - you'll love them!

3 weeks later
#3779 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am assuming this is sarcastic? BW is hands down one of the greatest pins of all times. Great ruleset, awesome amount of shots, very challenging to beat, GREAT DMD animations, hot babes on the side, blue eyes on the backglass, amazing subway action, cool wireforms, and I could go on!!!
BW is fantastic. Pye in the OCD board to get rid of crappy strobe effects and you can eliminate the one and only down side the machine.

I agree with Whysnow on this - not necessarily that it's a top 5 game, but it is surprisingly fun, once you get past the cheese-tastic theme. Clean it up and give it a chance!

4 months later
#4797 2 years ago
Quoted from ejacques:

It's a mess. .... but complete!

Well that doesn't look too...

[scrolls down]

GAH!

2 months later
#5633 2 years ago

It took two weeks of negotiations and 41 direct messages to work out a deal and organize transportation. But it's home!

This represents a lot of exciting firsts for me:

- First Trudeau-designed game I've owned
- My first game from the 80's
- My first alpha-neumeric game
- My first game not released by a major company (though technically, it is a Gottlieb/Premier)
- With only 450 produced, it's the rarest game I've ever owned.

P7100135 (resized).JPG

You guys, all the cool kids own cocktail pins. It's the next big trend on Pinside. And Night Moves is the Big Bang Bar of cocktails.

#5646 2 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

How the hell is it acceptable for someone to buy a brand new pinball that they then have to sit in the corner because it doesnt play!
That's pretty piss poor on Sterns behalf.

If they didn't ship them out right away, they'd get complaints about delays ("I paid $XXXX so where's my game!?!") and they'd have to deal with spiraling rumors about production problems, design issues, quality control, etc.

4 months later
#7039 1 year ago

You used to call me on my cell phone.
Late night when you need... my... love...

20171119_171910_resized (resized).jpg

20171119_171930_resized (resized).jpg

PRO TIP: if you search for games on Craigslist, click on the ads for games you don't want or that don't have photos. I clicked on an ad with no photos for a late-80's Gottlieb I had no interest in buying. At the bottom, as an afterthought, it basically said "BTW, I'm also taking offers on this fishing-themed EM pin."

It needs a lot of work but that backglass is a few tiny specks away from perfection. Easily worth half what I paid.

2 months later
#7825 1 year ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

One of these days I will find a pin less than 3 hours away Now I have 2 Star Treks to choose from. Smooth transaction from fellow pinsider fytr, heck of a nice guy

Only two more to complete the set!

#7833 1 year ago
Quoted from Zitt:

It's actually three more to complete the set... but one is basically unobtainium.

I wasn't counting the 1971 Gottlieb add-a-ball version of Astro.

1 week later
#7904 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

With all the projects in my garage, this one fits nicely since it was missing 2 boards. Luckily over the past 5 years, I've been collecting spare boards from Ebay, some work, some don't. Time to get it working and collect some junk!!
Thanks to fish1975tx for helping me pick it up, due to my lack of owning a truck. I hope you are really enjoying that Dr. Who from me. Woohoo!!!

An underrated gem. Welcome to the club!

4 weeks later
#8197 1 year ago

Don't you worry,
It's gonna be alright.
Cause I'm always ready.
I won't let you out of my sight.

20180318_140110 (resized).jpg

#8199 1 year ago
Quoted from Crispin:

Congrats TopMoose, please tell me you put something in between the head and the body while in transit.

There were a few layers of bubble wrap in there.

#8203 1 year ago
Quoted from northerndude:

DID you join the Baywatch thread yet!??

OH! Not yet. I also have to quit the "no licensed themes" club.

2 weeks later
#8328 1 year ago
Quoted from djreddog:

It’s a cruise!

Nice! Congrats!

2 months later
#8862 1 year ago
Quoted from MT45:

Brought home my first EM. Williams Big Strike. Needs lots of love but it's all there.
I'm sure that I'm about to learn a ton!
Found $6.85 in the coinbox, so I paid $293.15. Saving it for a winter restore project

I put a Glow Ball in my Hot Line and highly recommend it. It changes the game entirely.

4 months later
#10050 1 year ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Rocky and Bullwinkle have been captured! Great game flow but the mystery bonus is why it isn’t used in tournaments. Definately player condition cabinet but the backglass and playfield look amazing
[quoted image][quoted image]

The rarest single thing in all of pinball is a R&B backglass with no "nose wear." Very impressive find. Congrats!

2 months later
#10612 9 months ago

Here's my latest - a 1932 Gottlieb Cloverleaf! I had to jump on this deal because I may never see one again, especially in such good condition.

20181229_134859_resized (resized).jpg
20181229_135450_resized (resized).jpg
20181229_135542_resized (resized).jpg
20181229_135605_resized (resized).jpg

I've already made new gates and have ordered new balls. The shooter knob was replaced by a lamp finial, so I'm on the lookout for a more adequate replacement.

#10620 9 months ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

This is really cool. Never seen anything like that before.
Chris

10 3/4" balls, purely mechanical and it predates tilt mechanisms. It's super fun and I hope to have a video up soon.

4 weeks later
#10887 8 months ago
Quoted from gliebig:

And Jungle Jim's! That place is awesome.

Next time you go, bring quarters - both locations have pinball machines (but the Eastgate location has a way better lineup).

2 months later
#11747 5 months ago
Quoted from Wmsfan:

Last night's vintage pinball hall-
1938 Bally Eureka
1939 Bally Key Lite
1955 Gottlieb Gypsy Queen
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Once you get them set up, we'll look for you over on the Pre-War Club topic!
Congrats!

1 week later
#11855 5 months ago

Signal Sr. in the house!

Thanks to the three other pinheads who helped me bring this home. I posted the story here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/super-awesome-pinball-community-stories#post-4976754

20190504_153154_resized (resized).jpg

#11859 5 months ago
Quoted from RWH:

Is that the one from Pincinnati? Played it several times and to be so simple it is fun as hell! Enjoy!

No, but I enjoyed playing Linsey's so much I sought out my own. Mine came from Ontario by way of Allentown. Also, the one at Pincinnati was a Junior and this is a Senior.

#11861 5 months ago
Quoted from RWH:

PF looks the same is your PF larger or score differently? Either way you got a great game!

Same layout and scoring, but the Senior is 6" longer and 5" wider.

1 week later
#11936 5 months ago

It's a beautiful day for a road trip!
6 hours on the road, 450+ miles covered and I came back with a really interesting and rare project machine! I'm excited to get her dancing again.
Thanks, amkoepfer !

20190511_130944_resized (resized).jpg
20190511_225859_resized (resized).jpg
20190511_162221_resized (resized).jpg
20190511_154411_resized (resized).jpg

2 months later
#12682 86 days ago
Quoted from whitey:

Data east Batman/ police force
They were Free !!![quoted image][quoted image]

Fun fact: Police Force was originally designed with a Batman theme. When Bally lost/abandoned the license (depending on who you ask) the art and sound was redesigned with a new theme. Data East was then awarded the license and, due to development time, their game didn't come out until two years after the movie it was based on.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider topmoose.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside