(Topic ID: 92205)

What machine did you bring home today? Post your pictures!

By MiamiRedSkin

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 14,991 posts
  • 1,615 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by pinostalgia
  • Topic is favorited by 391 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 13,044 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200218_195655 (resized).jpg
20200217_163111 (resized).jpg
20200217_104308 (resized).jpg
A9F057F6-C253-4F52-B7B4-8994FFBC0CB6 (resized).jpeg
A1E6375A-E8C7-4335-B196-81F52AF5ED22 (resized).jpeg
31B03B55-9CC4-4C91-B3A1-CEE3C7FD963A (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
D02CA9CA-92AE-493E-BC2F-9DC0B89C7962 (resized).jpeg
1FEE4A28-855B-4A95-8435-388BECD93379 (resized).jpeg
D68E5E6A-7221-46A4-885F-4D68834159D3 (resized).jpeg
FCC42538-D563-400E-AB15-5FE7AB710903 (resized).jpeg
20190713_171727_resized (resized).jpg
IMG_3491 (resized).JPG
IMG_3493 (resized).JPG
IMG_3492 (resized).JPG
20190714_163802_resized (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pin-pilot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12564 7 months ago

Nice to find clean machines. Congrats on the find!

#12574 7 months ago

Brought home a Williams #High Speed. It has definitely seen better days but it is operational for the most part. I just finished installing NVRAM on the CPU and got the game to boot and play. There was zero battery acid corrosion! I was very happy about that and all the boards in the head unit look great.

Issues now are the top left score display tube is not working. Did some preliminary diagnostics and swapped the ribbon cable to the top right driver board connector and still did not work. So I assume it is the actual display that is bad. Will pull the display off the back board and check out all the components and solder joints. If that does not work, does anyone know if these display parts are available? They are all original as they have the original SN sticker and all match.

Next issue is I may have a weak PS. I checked the 5 volt on the CPU and got 4.95volts. I say this because the flippers will not flip a ball at all and the sling shots work but about 1/2 power. Need to investigate that next.

The owner just wanted it out of his garage, it was his Ex's. $150.00 and I was out of there and did not look back.

UPDATE:
started checking voltages and had good voltages through the flipper rectifier board all the way to the flipper solenoids. The problem is the EOS switches. They are toast and not letting any power to the solenoids. I sanded on them and the flippers came to life. Looks like a flipper rebuild kit is on the to order list.

IMG_2397 (resized).JPGIMG_2421 (resized).JPGIMG_2422 (resized).JPGIMG_2423 (resized).JPGIMG_2424 (resized).JPGIMG_2425 (resized).JPG

#12577 7 months ago

Thanks rlbohon3. I definitely have lots more to do but I am off to a good start. Gonna be a good project for sure.

#12583 7 months ago

Very cool. Looks nice!

#12591 7 months ago
Quoted from topkat:

I cant believe you got an entire machine, working for 150! Thats one of the better deals I have heard of..
Thats the cost of a set of plastics...nice find

Yea, The craigslist add said $500 obo. I looked at the pictures and sent an email saying I would pay at most $150.00. The pictures made it look rather rough. He called me back and said he would take $200.00. I told him I would come look at it. It was only 20 minutes from my house. We chatted a bit when I went over to see it. The pin would only light the GI lighting and there was an error that said "FAILURE" on the right Alpha-numberic display. Turns out the left display was not working and it would have read ADJUST FAILURE. He was not a pinball guy and did not want to spend the money to get it operating 100%. I told him I would give him $150.00 and he took it. I probably could have got it for less but $150 is a great deal. The mechanics of the game are in great shape (boards, wires, etc) just needs a real good cleaning and a handful of fixes. Probably about $500 worth of parts to get her in great shape.

I really lucked out on this one. Probably the best deal I will ever find.

#12593 7 months ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

I would have gave him $500. Looks pretty good. Btw lrosent345 has a deal on Xpin displays. I bought a set for my Pinbot.

I am going to try to get an original tube display. If it becomes too much work I may switch over to the aftermarket display setup.

#12604 7 months ago

Wow, that is one serious Pinball trip! Glad you and your dad can do this together.

#12615 7 months ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Got this a few weeks ago but too busy to post. 9 games on original code. My distributor had to get me a new game card as game would not upload via USB. Loving it. Just finished fitting Titans and a few gold accents. Had the topper before the game arrived [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Deadpool is on my want list.

#12677 7 months ago
Quoted from Nikrox2:

Well, this one made it from the car..all the way to the hotel room. I'm sure the maids had quite a surprise. But hey, I had a week here to work, so why not pick up a project pin and work on it during the off hours (Keeps me out of the bars!)[quoted image][quoted image]

That is hilarious, You are probably the talk of the maid staff. You should leave them some quarters so they can play a few games.

#12705 7 months ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I've got a Grand Prix that needs attention. I'll have to work on that before I get to this! This one just sort of fell into my lap!

Hey Panda, I have a Grand Prix playfield and score board that has been picked at a little but if you need some specific parts let me know and I will look to see if I have it. I think most of the plastics are good on the PF.

#12706 7 months ago

I started a little over a year ago with a Smart Set EM machine that needed a lot of TLC. I cleaned all the steppers and score reels and did some general maintenance and it works great now. The cabinet is in sad shape but the pin plays good. Got an Aztec also that needed some help but it is now up and playing great. Love the mechanical aspect of the EM pins. Would like to find a 1990 or newer pin but they are not cheap.

#12711 7 months ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

A couple of new ones for the family in last couple weeks. My first NiB pins.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, is right, Nice additions!

1 month later
#13157 6 months ago

Wow, Hope you have some storage space for those. LOL

1 week later
#13327 5 months ago
Quoted from PinFever:

Yes will post pics soon. It's cab and head is great , the playfield inserts took a beating and need new ones. the playfield and Mpu(adjustment failure) are the weak points. An MPU with chips is almost 490 $$ jeez/

The Adjustment failure hopefully will just be batteries. Nice Score.

#13356 5 months ago
Quoted from NibbyNub:

TWILIGHT ZONE
I cant wait to teach my kiddos...
Some things are just better than Fortnite!
First pin, second post![quoted image][quoted image]

Yes, Pinball any day over fort nite!!!!! You're a good dad!

#13388 5 months ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

Not bad for $800. Nearly died getting it up her stairs though lol
Wife helped. Lol
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats on the High Speed ! And A great hauling vehicle Tacoma!

#13391 5 months ago

The Tacoma has been great to us, for sure.
I'm not looking forward to fighting this high speed. It's very grumpy lol

Grumpy? lol There is a good thread on High Speed here on Pinside. I recently bought a High Speed and there is lots of good info. Brought mine back to life and playing very well, just making final tweaks. Cabinet needs some paint however. Looks like your cabinet is very nice. I need top replace my coin door. it is quite rusty! What is being grumpy on your new find?

1 week later
#13435 5 months ago
Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

I landed one of my grail pins this weekend. Like most of my pins, this one is a project, and it’s going to be a major one at that. This poor pin has been passed around like the village bicycle. I’m the third owner in less than 60 days. However this isn’t as bad as some pins I’ve restored... let the parts collecting commence![quoted image][quoted image]

uncivil_engineer Wow, Kudos to you for taking on this project. The play field looked ok from the pic but the inside cabinet pic is for sure a project. Hopefully you got it at a good price where you can invest and at least come close to break even!

#13470 5 months ago

It was a Fantastic night last night..... Capt. Fantastic and The Brown Dirt Cowboy Night to be exact. Craigslist ad popped up just 40 minutes away. Called the guy and came home with an UN-Mollested Capt. Fantastic. He owned the pin for about 25 years and kept it inside. The best part is a perfect backglass. A couple minor issues like the token 2 prong plug are in order along with a few clean ups and it's good to go.

IMG_3151 (resized).JPGIMG_3152 (resized).JPGIMG_3153 (resized).JPGIMG_3154 (resized).JPGIMG_3155 (resized).JPGIMG_3156 (resized).JPGIMG_3157 (resized).JPG
#13472 5 months ago

Captain fantastic is the only EM I'd own. Super jealous. Someday.

I have never played one but am super excited to get a few games on it.

#13474 5 months ago

I only want it because of the Elton John connection. Hard to eat up that much space just for that... But I would lmao

LOL, I get that. I think that is why the game is more collectable than others.

#13482 5 months ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Here’s what she looks like set up.
Now to find a place for her amoung the rest of the pins.
[quoted image]

Um, I don’t think you have an inch of space for another machine, but I am sure you will fit it in somewhere.

#13485 5 months ago

Best kind of find! Looks like someone approves.

#13548 5 months ago

Be the ball!

1 month later
#13897 3 months ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

love the bolt on carry handle ....great idea !

I did not see that until you mentioned it. Yes, Great way to carry a machine! Especially up and down stairs.

#13940 3 months ago
Quoted from Coindork:

One of my employees found these two for me at a house sale a week or so ago and we just went and picked them up today.
Cross Town, Gottlieb EM pin (my first wedge head) and a Pac Man upright with a Pac Man plus expansion kit in it.
Paid $950 for the pair.
Just finished unloading them from the trailer and stashed them in the garage, but will probably start cleaning the pin up this weekend.
It's pretty nice overall with minimal flaking of the glass and no missing graphics on the play field. l
I'm pretty sure it hasn't been played in a long time. All the rubbers have vulcanized and are hard as a rock.[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice Score! You actually have room in your garage? lol

#13942 3 months ago
Quoted from Coindork:

LOL, nope I'm totally out of room.
Had to play Tetris with a few cabinets to make them fit.

There is always room for another game!

#13967 3 months ago

Don't forget to take the legs off. LOL

2 weeks later
#14109 3 months ago

My first DMD machine. Went all out... MMRLE .... Thanks to jarbyjibbo I picked up this almost brand new #MMRLE he had for sale with several upgrades. So excited to have my own MMRLE!!!

IMG_3697 (resized).JPGIMG_3702 (resized).JPGIMG_3704 (resized).JPGIMG_3707 (resized).JPG
2 months later
#14757 26 days ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Got this bad boy for free today. A friend put me in contact with someone who had a pinball machine they no longer wanted and I certainly wasn't expecting free... Needs a bit of TLC but it should come out great![quoted image][quoted image]

That is Awesome! Congrats!!!

1 week later
#14814 17 days ago
Quoted from PBEarwood:

Just picked up this one today. Needs a good cleaning and a new flipper coil, but doesn't look too bad over all[quoted image]

Really enjoy my Aztec

#14882 14 days ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

I just bought number 5 this past weekend. Zero to Five in 1 year and a month! I definitely have a problem

I don't see a problem... other than having ONLY 5. LOL

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
M&M Mods
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pin-pilot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside