(Topic ID: 92205)

What machine did you bring home today? Post your pictures!

By MiamiRedSkin

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28,495 posts
  • 2,288 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by poppapin
  • Topic is favorited by 577 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FF684CDD-F115-4FD4-AADE-1A4ADD19F6B7 (resized).png
IMG_9289 (resized).JPEG
IMG_9290 (resized).JPEG
IMG_9286 (resized).JPG
IMG_5785 (resized).png
IMG_5940 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240317_164501632.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240317_164526505 (resized).jpg
7695EF6E-36C6-4AE5-B4C3-85F19BCF043F (resized).jpeg
20240316_213614 (resized).jpg
pins (resized).jpg
20240315_204117 (resized).jpg
20240315_220641 (resized).jpg
IMG_1388 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1386 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1374 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#343 8 years ago

The one on the right rolled in yesterday.

393586-i.jpg393586-i.jpg

1 month later
#465 8 years ago

A couple of days ago I brought home Pinky. $100 off craigslist.

Pinky.jpgPinky.jpg

Pinky2.jpgPinky2.jpg

#477 8 years ago

The Serenade in the middle came today. The garage is getting full...

DSCN3731.JPGDSCN3731.JPG

#483 8 years ago

Lets see how long you can keep 6 of those 13 balls in play.

1 week later
#498 8 years ago

Last night I brought home a Frontiersman. Now the garage is really getting full.

DSCN3755.JPGDSCN3755.JPG

DSCN3757.JPGDSCN3757.JPG

3 weeks later
#566 8 years ago

Flying Carpet

3 weeks later
#716 8 years ago

A Bally Capersville found it's way into my collection this weekend. This inovative game from 1966 designed by Ted Zale includes two and three ball multiballs, zipper flippers and several modes of scoring and advancement. Fairly deep rules for a multiplayer of the time.

Under 40 years of ground in dirt there is a very nice playfield. Can't wait to get this one going. I played it some before I tore it down and it is simply awesome.

437839-i.jpg437839-i.jpg

438190-i.jpg438190-i.jpg

#719 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Looks like a fun game and I like the backglass. What exactly is the theme?

Capersville is based on a French detective novel Alphaville. The artwork has a very underwater theme to it.

To get an idea how much Ted Zale packed into this machine here is the rule sheet. Ted was known for outside the box designs that had playfields that were not always symmetrical and infused multiball and many other neat features into his games. Fireball is one of his more popular games that came out six years later.

Jerry Kelly did the artwork on Capersville.

http://pinball.org/rules/capersville.html

#724 8 years ago

It takes quite a bit of hardware to get a three ball, four player electromechanical machine like Capersville to work.

DSCN3851.JPGDSCN3851.JPG

DSCN3852.JPGDSCN3852.JPG

1 week later
#757 8 years ago

Brought home this Bally Hokus Pokus in the wee hours of the morning. I think the LEDs may have to go...

DSCN3885.JPGDSCN3885.JPG

DSCN3890.JPGDSCN3890.JPG

#762 8 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

That game looks to be in awesome condition! Congrats!

Thanks! It never ceases to amaze me the condition that some of these 40 year old games can still be in.

3 weeks later
#906 8 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Picked up these two last week...

Congrats! Was the Fireball $1400 as well?

1 week later
#952 8 years ago

A nice HUO Ripley's. The tilt bob was still sealed in a bag.

DSCN3908.JPGDSCN3908.JPG

#954 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

RBION is the only Stern machine on my "hit list".

I like the shrunken head. I haven't been buying many modern games lately but I always liked this one and wanted to get a nice one. So here it is.

#956 8 years ago

Will do! The play count said 50 but it may have a few more. Hard to tell...

#959 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Give me a good head's up....I'd have to sell something. (on the fence about selling my Indy 500)

I will give you a shrunken heads up.

#976 8 years ago
Quoted from PohodaVole:

Nice Jolly Roger from 1967.

I love my Jolly Roger. Fun game! Especially if you have somebody to compete with. Congrats!

#979 8 years ago
Quoted from OTTOgd:

She ain't the prettiest (yet) and needs tweaking but a fun and challenging woodrail from '59.

Love those metal flipper bats.

2 weeks later
#1077 8 years ago

4 Roses. Another amazing game designed by Steve Kordek with beautiful artwork from George Molentin.

No cradling allowed.

4-Roses.jpg4-Roses.jpg
RosesPlayfield.jpgRosesPlayfield.jpg

#1080 8 years ago

Miss-O has always been flying under the radar. I'd love to put in a few rounds on that game.

#1084 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

O-din, congratulations on 22,075 posts! I still love Tron!

Thanks! I have posted a lot but that number seems a bit exaggerated. Possibly counting every edit as a post as well. I know I rarely if ever made over 20 posts a day let alone 25 every day seven days a week since I've been on here. I guess in the end it really doesn't matter.

Glad you are still enjoying that TronLE. It really was a nice one.

#1089 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

It's been a day since you posted this and you've already posted 31 times. lol

32 now.

3 weeks later
#1263 8 years ago

I know a great place for some hotdogs.

#1291 8 years ago

I picked up this Gottlieb Buccaneer from 1948 off a craigslist ad today. It was about a half hour drive each way. Pretty darn good shape for being almost 70 years old I'd say.

DSCN3985.JPGDSCN3985.JPG
DSCN3988.JPGDSCN3988.JPG

#1299 8 years ago
Quoted from MiamiRedSkin:

a guy who had to give his "fun" room up for his wife...

Talk about a tight grip on the nads...

#1304 8 years ago

Yeah, that makes sense.

#1313 8 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Wow. Nice collection of woodies there, O-din. Congrats on the Buccaneer.

Thanks! Yep, they just keep following me home.
474782-i.jpg474782-i.jpg

#1315 8 years ago

It's not over yet....

#1320 8 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

Yeah, I know, it's an old woodrail.

Not just an old woodrail. That is a 50 volt Williams playing machine! Congrats!

#1344 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

I hope somethings in this box.

I'm guessing that is a fully loaded box. Lots of stuff in there.

#1346 8 years ago

I had one of them. There's not even room for any critters in that box.

1 week later
#1388 8 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

Picked this up last week. Shopped it in 11 non-stop hours. Love the artwork. Plays like a champ!

Sea Ray is sweet! I've had my eye out for one for a while. Not the first machine I ever played, but one of the first that I remembered the title. Who could forget that backglass all lit up!? Congrats!

#1389 8 years ago

This Captain Kidd just floated on up my driveway and I had no idea it was coming (except for that phone call 10 minutes ago).

DSCN4062.JPGDSCN4062.JPG

1 week later
#1427 8 years ago

This 1948 Williams Speed Way I just brought home has been rode hard. After I get done with it we're gonna ride it some more. Thanks Mike!

DSCN4065.JPGDSCN4065.JPG

#1465 8 years ago

That is a beautiful BK2K! I sold mine just like it except with the early plastics to a real good friend recently so it is close by. His wife loves it too.

I brought home this Williams Steeple-Chase this weekend with a perfect backglass and an NOS playfield recently installed. Life is good!
I have already flipped the flippers since then.

483349.jpg483349.jpg

483350.jpg483350.jpg

#1468 8 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Nice score, Odin.

Thanks! . The horses are on the track.
DSCN4089.JPGDSCN4089.JPG

#1484 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I love old horse racing themes. That's really cool it has the names of horses on there. Looks like a tough game though. Nudging required.

It is a tough game and surprisingly fast. Williams used 50 volt coils back in the day and the slings, bumpers, and flippers have a lot of kick. It is a nudger alright but I keep the tilt settings tight on all my games.

One reason I am picking up so many of these vintage two inch flipper games is there is so much variety of layouts, features and shots that no two are alike. And you have to pay attention to every move you make or the ball is gone in a hurry.

#1497 8 years ago

I just got home with this extra clean Ali Baba. I'm not sure if it was considered an "A" title in it's day, but this one is in A1 condition and has some pretty cool artwork. A real time capsule. I'll just put it with the rest of them.

DSCN4097.JPGDSCN4097.JPG

DSCN4100.JPGDSCN4100.JPG

DSCN4098.JPGDSCN4098.JPG

DSCN4102.JPGDSCN4102.JPG

#1500 8 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Dunno where you're putting all of them.

Me neither. I'll be sleeping on the floor soon. Not that that's a bad thing, but it gets a little cold down there.

Quoted from Ballypin:

Jpop is famous for re-using old pinball ideas in the games he designed

"The legend of Ali Baba..."

#1536 8 years ago
Quoted from pinaholic:

A friend just got his MMR, and he made room by gifting me a pin for past help.

I'd take the Joker Poker over MMR anyday! Congrats!

2 weeks later
#1614 8 years ago

Been here for a couple days now. A very nice Lady Robin Hood and a HUO Fun Park.

fun_(resized).jpgfun_(resized).jpg

1 week later
#1654 8 years ago

Nice topper!

3 weeks later
#1759 8 years ago

It looks worth at least $120 to me.

#1762 8 years ago

Put it this way Todd, it's baseball and it's cheaper than Big Hurt.

#1783 8 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Joking? That is definitely a steal for only $120. I would actually take practically any wedgehead you could throw at me for $120.

Then you get the booby prize!

Backglass_(resized).jpgBackglass_(resized).jpg

1 week later
#1827 8 years ago

I picked these three up yesterday. A Classy Bowler, a very hard to come by Williams Kings, and my dream theme two player "Fashion Show". It's not bent, it's just the camera.

three_(resized).jpgthree_(resized).jpg

#1841 8 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

I don't know what I marvel at more...your ability to find these old gems or the amount of space you must have to keep them. Regardless, nice work.

I really can't take all the credit as I have a buddy that is a real enthusiast. And he's the one that runs short on space.

1 month later
#2202 7 years ago

I got this Whirlwind from fellow pinsider Surfsidedetail yesterday. It's got a real nice playfield considering it's age.

WW_(resized).jpgWW_(resized).jpg

WWPF_(resized).jpgWWPF_(resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#2310 7 years ago

Congrats! Nascar was a crowd favorite around here for a long time.

#2313 7 years ago

Universe is cool!

#2320 7 years ago

A little glue and the cabinet should be good as new.

There is a lot of work to do, but I know of less than five of these in existence. Been looking for one for a while and never thought I'd find one at all, let alone one with a decent playfield, let alone a brand new backglass. Back to work...

DSCN4547_(resized).JPGDSCN4547_(resized).JPG

#2322 7 years ago

Thanks! I believe it is the first Williams that could be set for three ball play. Also the first with a reel on the playfield. 50 volt coils gives Williams of this era a lot of kick. I'm stoked. I just need to go thru it and soon we will be playing it. It's all there.

#2359 7 years ago
Quoted from Star_Gazer:

my first em pinball i fixed!

Pretty simple stuff once you get the hang of it. Sometimes you just gotta dig in...

When you start going thru all those score reels is when it really gets tedious. But they are all the same. Pretty much.

Congrats!

1 week later
#2426 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinwizkid:

The Airborne Avenger has landed!

What's that you got in the corner there pinwizkid? That's a stylish looking game!

#2443 7 years ago

I got one of my grails last night, along with a Big Deal that won't be getting the alternate backglass. And an Arrow Head that still needs a bit of work.

DSCN4594_(resized).JPGDSCN4594_(resized).JPG
DSCN4597_(resized).JPGDSCN4597_(resized).JPG
DSCN4595_(resized).JPGDSCN4595_(resized).JPG
DSCN4605_(resized).JPGDSCN4605_(resized).JPG

DSCN4600_(resized).JPGDSCN4600_(resized).JPG

DSCN4601_(resized).JPGDSCN4601_(resized).JPG
DSCN4606_(resized).JPGDSCN4606_(resized).JPG

#2445 7 years ago

Bring your truck this time!

#2453 7 years ago
Quoted from PapaJohn:

O-din, as hard as it is to find nice em pins, how long did it take you to find Struggle Buggies? John

A lot less time than it's taking to find an Eager Beaver. That Arrow Head is a real gem too. If you research that title you will find there aren't too many of those left in the world either. I got it working yesterday and it is a great playing game. As good as it looks.

#2466 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

That Struggle Buggies looked awesome. I love the yellow score reels.

It plays awsome too. I could play it all night and have. It may be be the liveliest EM I have now as there is no shortage of flipper and playfield power. Even with those impulse flippers. It's got lots of kick. A pleasant surprise.

Quoted from dmbjunky:

The art on Big Deal was pretty cool too. What was the alt backglass you were talking about?

http://bgresto.com/?p=666

Quoted from DK:

you have a fun multiplayer

So do you! Pit Stop is one of the best.

#2502 7 years ago

This Heat Wave showed up a couple days ago. Although the backglass has a small break in the corner and has some paint loss on the head, the playfield and everything on it and in it is in very nice shape. And unlike most of the older games I bring in, it had already been thoroughly gone thru and is plug and play. You gotta love that!

DSCN4620_(resized).JPGDSCN4620_(resized).JPG

DSCN4621_(resized).JPGDSCN4621_(resized).JPG

#2548 7 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

You definitely have some hard to find games. Congrats on the Heat Wave.

Some harder than others no doubt. It does help when I'm the only one looking for certain titles. Heat Wave I've been after for quite some time and it's one of the more popular Williams games from the mid 60s. It doesn't disappoint.

#2557 7 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Never played Heat Wave but I have one coming up soon in my restoration queue. Always loved the artwork and theme (Texas, yanno). Most importantly the unusual layout/moving targets/backbox animation looks fun.

I guess you'll be playing it then. Beyond the artwork, features, and layout, it has progressive rule set that allows higher scoring as you progress thru the game, but at the same time the shots that allow you to progress become less and less. Makes you get that one more dime feeling.

#2585 7 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

No fizzle in the hizzle

th_(resized).jpgth_(resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#2733 7 years ago

This lovely San Francisco was delivered a few days ago

SF_(resized).jpgSF_(resized).jpg
SFP_(resized).jpgSFP_(resized).jpg

SFC_(resized).jpgSFC_(resized).jpg

#2735 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

What's with the backglass? Is that a dial of some sort?

Yesir! It moves from right to left and left to right to light the rollover buttons and increase the value of the gobble hole.

The last gobble hole to appear on a pinball machine. For those that haven't played many games with a gobble hole, it is really a neat feature that can reward you with enough points to make a difference in an otherwise tight, low scoring game. Or it can take your ball before you're ready.

#2749 7 years ago
Quoted from Fred-Sanford:

Found a coin op carcass of a 1952 Chicago Coin Double-Score shuffle alley. If anybody needs parts let me know...

Those look like the same yellow score reels that are in my Struggle Buggies and I could use one. PM sent!

#2760 7 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

Question? The Wife or POTC ?

The wife ends up with the POTC.

#2789 7 years ago

Tonight I brought home one you wont see very often. In fact it is the only one I've ever seen.

Theme- Monkeys in space.

DSCN4770_(resized).JPGDSCN4770_(resized).JPG

#2796 7 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Where are the monkey's Dude?

They are in the satellites that light up on the mirrored backglass.

Monkey_(resized).jpgMonkey_(resized).jpg

#2807 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

That is really cool. I love little easter eggs hidden in art.

Yeah, this thing's way cool. They aren't easter eggs as such because Williams advertised this game as paying tribute to some of our first space travelers in a Sputnik. Although it was the USA that sent monkeys into space. Each Sputnik on the backglass has the monkey in a different position as he orbits around the Earth.

DSCN4790_(resized).JPGDSCN4790_(resized).JPG

DSCN4791_(resized).JPGDSCN4791_(resized).JPG

#2808 7 years ago

This monkey's waving goodbye.

DSCN4797_(resized).JPGDSCN4797_(resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#2892 7 years ago

DSCN4844_(resized).JPGDSCN4844_(resized).JPG

DSCN4845_(resized).JPGDSCN4845_(resized).JPG

#2894 7 years ago

And to think, somebody thought I was joking.

#2899 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

And to think you didn't spend all that time you've been waiting to paint that poor San Francisco!

Nah, I am too busy shopping them out and keeping them running to worry about paint. Someday a San Francisco with decent original cabinet paint and a beat playfield and backglass will show up for cheap, and I will switch some parts around and take the lessor one to auction.

#2900 7 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Those early Williams EM's weigh a ton with the tapered front on the cab...

Solid as can be. They dropped the front and made the bottom plywood thick to hold all the money it could take.

2 weeks later
#3001 7 years ago
Quoted from Luzur:

The Dodge City pinball is gonna have to wait until Gamatron is done and up and running, it just buzz when you plug it in, cant find a ON/Off switch onit so i guess its one of those with the kick switches?

Yes. No on off switch. Sometimes it's as simple as dropping a coin or adding a credit to make them go. Smacking the cabinet bottom turns it off.

1 week later
#3079 7 years ago

My old Ripley's came back last night. Thank you Eskaybee for bringing her home.

DSCN4935 (resized).JPGDSCN4935 (resized).JPG

#3095 7 years ago

I'd love to get a Wiggler. I could put it next to my Eager Beaver.

#3106 7 years ago

Is there a machine to go along with that Beat The Clock backglass?

1 week later
#3184 7 years ago

It's time to get ready for the Halloween season.

DSCN4948 (resized).JPGDSCN4948 (resized).JPG
DSCN4950 (resized).JPGDSCN4950 (resized).JPG
DSCN4955 (resized).JPGDSCN4955 (resized).JPG

Love never dies.

#3188 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I know you've had a lot of pins O-din, have you ever owned a Dracula?

I've never had a Dracula before. I have had just about every other DMD I ever wanted at one time or another. I've played BSD in the past and told myself if I ever found a nice one, I'd consider picking it up.

After seeing the condition of this one, I didn't hesitate. The guy had it for years in a very dark room so there is no fade, and also very little signs of use period. I need to thoroughly go thru it and shop it as it looks like it hasn't been done in years.

We'll play it for a while, and as soon as I'm done with my Earthshaker, it will go into the back room for the whole treatment. I don't care if it's 20 years old or 60 years old, when I'm done it will be clean and mean.

#3190 7 years ago

Looks like it has the original lightning flippers on it. Compared to some of the others I have, keeping the ball alive on this one is childs play. But I do like the groove of the thing.

#3225 7 years ago

Probably just needs a fuse.

DSCN4960 (resized).JPGDSCN4960 (resized).JPG

#3227 7 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Backglass looks pretty good for its age though, it would pay for the fuse.

Glass is in good shape, but there are some scratches. It did indeed need a fuse, but that wasn't all. After a few hours of work, I got it functioning pretty well and at least all the boards seem to be OK and I installed a remote battery holder. There are some hacks under the playfield that need attention.

The guy had it for over 30 years and it looks like what's left of the playfield rubbers might be the originals. It was a fair price and I'll make a decent player out of it.

1 week later
#3303 7 years ago

Been wanting and waiting for this one for a while.

DSCN4972 (resized).JPGDSCN4972 (resized).JPG
DSCN4973 (resized).JPGDSCN4973 (resized).JPG

DSCN4982 (resized).JPGDSCN4982 (resized).JPG
DSCN4994 (resized).JPGDSCN4994 (resized).JPG

DSCN4988 (resized).JPGDSCN4988 (resized).JPG

And now I've got a real nice one.

#3308 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

NICE odin!
What is the story with her? Where did she come from? Who did the restore?

It has a perfect original backglass and from what I can tell it was a very nice machine to begin with. However it's playfield was replaced with an NOS BALLY playfield clearcoated by HSA.

The restore was done by Robert U. of Pinballmania in Utah. He takes great pride in his work, and IMO he does about as good a job as it gets. He packages the games accordingly as you can see.

The photo album of the after restore can be viewed here-

https://plus.google.com/photos/101616247686134314477/album/6329256771154428369

If this is not the nicest Skateball in the world, I'd like to see the one that is. But it wouldn't really matter...

#3310 7 years ago

It has assumed the pole position in my living room gameroom. Where it rightfully belongs.

#3312 7 years ago

I'd like to put a Radical next to that Skateball. Then the theme is complete.

#3315 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

my exact intentions!

I am patiently waiting for the next surf/skate themed pinball machine to be announced. It's been way too long, and is long overdue.

#3317 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I agree! Would be great!!!!

Yeah, less nerdy themes and more cool ones.

#3323 7 years ago
Quoted from Badamack:

Nice sk8 ball o-din!
Dig it.

I dig it, and my daughter digs it too. Her comment was the ball sure hits the glass a lot. Can you dig it?

2 weeks later
#3424 7 years ago

Ripley's is great. It's one of those machines I sold but had to get back. The other is Dirty Harry that I picked up yesterday. However this time it has a drop target.

thumbnail_IMG_0051 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_0051 (resized).jpg

#3435 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I can't find the drop target.

It's right where it's supposed to be.

DT (resized).jpgDT (resized).jpg

#3439 7 years ago

Thanks. I understand there weren't too many made and some I've seen pictures of have seen much better days. Others have had theirs modified to add a drop target. This one's just a nice original sample that looks like it's never seen a quarter.

#3450 7 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

i had a sample it shipped to california.

Could be the same one. Some of these machines get passed around like girls in high school did.
It's a real nice one, I'll say that.

#3452 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

I'm diving deeper into my early 70's Williams single player addiction and loving it.

Are you jiving us?

#3511 7 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

When you see a game like this you just have to wonder how on earth it took so long to come up with ramps and habitrails.

Do you mean like what was used in the 30s and on Williams games in the 40s and 50s?
image-7 (1) (resized).jpgimage-7 (1) (resized).jpg

image-7 (resized).jpgimage-7 (resized).jpg

#3513 7 years ago

That's Williams Skyway from 1954. Check out this deck. No I don't own one. They just don't come up for sale.

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2206

1 week later
#3564 7 years ago

My friend Surfsidedetail hooked me up with this real nice Flash Gordon today.

Thanks buddy!

DSCN5109 (resized).JPGDSCN5109 (resized).JPG

DSCN5106 (resized).JPGDSCN5106 (resized).JPG

DSCN5107 (resized).JPGDSCN5107 (resized).JPG

#3566 7 years ago

There isn't much evidence that it spent much if any time in an arcade. Or at least that it was ever played that much. But it will be now.

#3568 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

flock like the salmon of Capistrano?

It's tourists that flock to Capistrano, my friend.

1 week later
#3646 7 years ago

Pit Stop is still one of our house favorites. Probably gets played more than all the rest.

#3648 7 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

I love it, but the league guys don't.

League guys lol. The crew that comes to my place loves it. And love to place a small wager on both points and laps.

1 week later
#3767 7 years ago

That'll learn ya!

#3783 7 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Wow, you have a little of everything! Nice!

Thanks! I like to mix it up a bit.

DSCN5139 (resized).JPGDSCN5139 (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#3852 7 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

Got a nice garage find for a steal over the weekend.

You're gonna love that Lady Luck when you get it going. Such a cool EM, mine made it from the garage into the house.

Only game that rewards you for intentionally draining a ball SDTM. But you best have 21 before you do, as the dealer is one tough customer.

4 weeks later
#4007 7 years ago

That Captain looks just like I remember when they first showed up on route. I played a lot of that machine when I was a teen. Probably because it was the easiest game ever to win a replay and my pockets were short on change.

Congrats!

2 months later
#4661 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Whoa! Is that a Shelby Charger, circa 1987?!

Super K car!

#4668 6 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

No THIS is the super k-car.
10.4 at 132 mph

Sweet!

#4673 6 years ago
Quoted from Capinball:

Can Dracula only be taken out after dark?

I took my Dracula out after dark when I first got it and then the real bats arrived! They were swooping on us.

2 weeks later
#4884 6 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

best game of all time...

Best DMD game of all time.

#4889 6 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

What's the best game of all time according to o-din?

There are so many great ones, it is hard to pick an all time winner. But yes, BSD has become my all time favorite DMD.

3 weeks later
#5107 6 years ago

Brought home this Super Nova last night. Last game that Geaorge Molentin ever did the artwork on. He must have been pretty old by then but it still looks way cool to me.

From what I can tell it's been dead in the water for years. I'm always up for a challenge and after doing a little work on the mpu it now boots up and works for the most part. Still more to do, but I've got the time. Game Plan reminds me of working on Yugos back in the day.

DSCN5383 (resized).JPGDSCN5383 (resized).JPG
DSCN5384 (resized).JPGDSCN5384 (resized).JPG

#5118 6 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I've always liked the art on that game. Pretty cool.

I think so too. I had researched that title because I have several of George's older works and always liked his artistic style. Didn't think I'd find one though until I drove by my buddies shop and it was sitting right there fresh off the the truck.

It is less time consuming to bring these early solid states back to life than the EMs and I'm digging playing the ones I already have. I don't need long drawn out games that tell me some story over and over again. Points, high scores, and winning free games is what pinball's all about to me. Took me two days last week to bring this Stars back to life. This one's great!

DSCN5391 (resized).JPGDSCN5391 (resized).JPG

#5161 6 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Picked up my first ever pin last weekend. Game Plan Sharpshooter.

First machine a Game Plan? That's a pretty bold venture there. But when they are working, they are working....

Congrats!

1 week later
#5237 6 years ago

A real nice Williams A-Go-Go. And a little extra somethin for nuthin. Care of Mikeincali. Thanks bro!

DSCN5407 (resized).JPGDSCN5407 (resized).JPG

4 weeks later
#5458 6 years ago

My guess is he's just hauling his collection from one place to another.

Edit- the stickers on all the coin doors makes me think an arcade went out of business.

4 weeks later
#5738 6 years ago
Quoted from gregh:

Brought home one of my grail pins this week. I know it isn't the deepest or most fun game on the planet, but I have desperately wanted one since getting into pinball!

Yummy and delicious!

1 week later
#5888 6 years ago

180,000 miles on the old Tacoma, and it still gets me to LA and back whenever necessary.

DSCN5490 (resized).JPGDSCN5490 (resized).JPG

#5889 6 years ago

When you've given up looking for certain titles because they seem unobtainable, and out of the blue a friend two states away says he'll send you one he just acquired and the price is real good, chances are you won't mind that it's been painted pink and has a less than colorful backglass. It's a starting point anyway. Only single player EM with multiball.

DSCN5491 (resized).JPGDSCN5491 (resized).JPG

#5891 6 years ago

Beat the Clock seems to be the holy grail of all the reverse wedgeheads, and most owners don't seem to part with them easily.

The playfield and all the mechanics look to be in good shape and when I'm done with it, I hope it looks more something like this.

image-17 (resized).jpgimage-17 (resized).jpg

#5895 6 years ago
Quoted from bek1966:

Congrats on the Beat the Clock pick-up Odin! I love mine, but don't have much (any) experience with the other reverse Wedge Heads. I'm interested in hearing what you think about it once you get it up and going.

Brad

Thanks! Most of the reverse wedgeheads are very challenging to play.

From what I can tell, unlike the Bally EMs with multiball, Beat the Clock counts even the locked balls as balls you have played. It sure has a real neat layout and art package. I'll get it at least up and playing before you know it. Full resto will start after I secure a nicer backglass.

#5899 6 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Bah, low miler you got there - my old '93 Toyota 4x4 just rolled 300,000 & still going strong.

It's a 2001 and I plan on keeping it forever. 3.4 is the best V-6 they ever made.

I like it so much I bought factory replacement seat covers and foam while they were still available as that is the only thing that's gonna wear out on this truck.

#5901 6 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

You pay more upfront, but they hold their value & last forever.

I bought it used 10 years ago for 10k as I didn't like the newer and larger style. It's an xtra cab pre-runner. It was at a dealer and the next day their ad for it ran, and the salesman told me he got 100s of calls on it. Probably could sell it for close to that now, but it's not for sale.

Hard to beat the old 22R. The only new vehicle I ever purchased was an '86 4x4, ala Marty McFly. The 2001 is a lot more comfortable to drive.

#5903 6 years ago

I'd take the Space Ship if it was on this coast and have it working in a jiffy, but I guess I'll make do with the Beat The Clock for now.

#5907 6 years ago

Condition of the playfield and backglass is most important on an EM that old and rare.

And the day aint over yet....

#5910 6 years ago

A super cherry Blackwater 100 that looks like it's never been played is the second racing theme haul of the day. In this household, theme certainly matters.

I love having Tuesdays off.

DSCN5493 (resized).JPGDSCN5493 (resized).JPG

DSCN5494 (resized).JPGDSCN5494 (resized).JPG

#5914 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

backglass and playfield are most important.

Take a good look at the plastics too Ted, as reproductions are almost incomprehensible. If you pick it up I'd probably be willing trade a fully working and shopped out Heat Wave. That is what C37 was striving to be.

#5915 6 years ago

New quality repro backglass too. The playfield was plasticoted at the factory so there is little signs of wear..Plastics on this one have held up well too. Do I really need another pinball machine?

#5927 6 years ago

That would be half past a monkey's ass, west coast time. Or time to wake up and go to work.

I wish every day was like Tuesday.

#5929 6 years ago

What, did Neil think the theme was getting a little outdated so he sold it?

On the plus side I made it to work 5 minutes late and the first customer of the day was named C. Wang, so the day is certainly starting out with a bang.

#5931 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Downloading photos now....

That's good because my eyes are just starting to open. Can't wait to see them.

#5934 6 years ago

Looks like most of that grime is on the playfield glass and the backglass looks sweet. I wouldn't offer him a dime under $500. But if you can get it for less, great!

#5937 6 years ago

Hey it lights up, what more do you want?

#5939 6 years ago

Ok it's two-fifty then.

#5942 6 years ago

The screws are all shiny, so maybe so are the internals. I'd flatten those plastics in the hot sun, shop that baby out, and put it on display for all to see.

#5943 6 years ago

Another thing too is it is rare that the pop bumper lettering is still intact after all these years. I think you've found a diamond in somebody's rough.

#5945 6 years ago

Another key area to check is playfield wear around the pop bumpers. Kinda hard to tell from the pics.

#5948 6 years ago

Wiping the glass off would help, but at the same time, you don't want to give the seller the impression he has something special here. Talk it down is always a good strategy.

#5957 6 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

And don't forget, I'm on deck..

And I've got one of those fancy thermometer games up for trade..

#5960 6 years ago

And it's 100 degrees out here. Can you say 'blow yer top!'?

#5980 6 years ago

Shiny bells is always a good sign! Just that the bells are still there is a real good sign.

Just out of curiosity how much did that beauty cost?

#5982 6 years ago

A bargain at twice the price! congrats!

#5985 6 years ago

That's a weekend's work. Then you are playing vintage pinball with all the bells and whistles. At least the bells...

Look, it's even got subways. That's a loaded machine with all those steppers hanging.

#5987 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

It's missing a fuse

It's not missing a fuse! That's the high tap spot where you move a fuse one spot. A second fuse will blow both.

Quoted from Colsond3:

Next time I go to visit my sister in LA, you can meet me. I'll bring it out for you.

Looking forward to it. The more steppers and relays, the deeper the rules on an EM. And this one looks loaded.

#5990 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Let's see some other games!

I hear ya! I'm out playing that Blackwater gettin' that hillbilly music stuck in my head because at least this man cannot live on EMs alone.

#5998 6 years ago

That may be as close to a Forbidden Planet pinball machine as you're ever gonna see Ted.

#6017 6 years ago

With only 250 units made it should be worth $10k by x-mas!... X-mas 2057.

But them red flipper rubbers gotta go.

#6026 6 years ago

So many nice machines.

I was thinking when I posted about Blackwater 100, I didn't do it justice. A very unique game from Nordman. A ton of fun. There aren't a lot of pics on here and I thought maybe some might have not seen one before. It's better in 3-D.
DSCN5495 (resized).JPGDSCN5495 (resized).JPG

DSCN5496 (resized).JPGDSCN5496 (resized).JPG

DSCN5498 (resized).JPGDSCN5498 (resized).JPG
DSCN5497 (resized).JPGDSCN5497 (resized).JPG

DSCN5501 (resized).JPGDSCN5501 (resized).JPG

#6028 6 years ago

That one I don't have to fix. The right lower has some up and down play, but it won't tomorrow. Solid, fun game.

#6041 6 years ago

Although a decent game, I don't think I've enjoyed playing the sequel Whitewater as much as Blackwater. It kooks like at least for now, it's a keeper.

#6066 6 years ago

Facial hair is for those that can no longer grow any on top of their head.

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg

2 months later
#6613 6 years ago
Quoted from Kronlar:

Not really my thing, but it was free so I'll play around with getting it working. If I can't, I'll pass it along to someone else to save it...
Found on side of street where a friend put it out. It was left in their new house when they bought it.

It has been mis-stated that Six Million Dollar Man was the first and only six player game, but it is obvious it wasn't. And I think there was even at least one before this one. I would be more than happy to shoe that one into my short flipper, multiplayer collection.

Wish I was closer.

#6615 6 years ago

I posted these in the EM thread, but I like to post incoming here as well. This Domino and Stop N Go arrived in very nice shape yesterday. And a couple of bonus features inside.

Thanks buddy!

DSCN5553 (resized).JPGDSCN5553 (resized).JPG
DSCN5550 (resized).JPGDSCN5550 (resized).JPG

#6617 6 years ago

Indeed, and that was only the half of it.

#6619 6 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

Does he have anything else for sale?! Title doesn't matter..

I don't know, but I think I'll be getting my next games from Colorado and see if anything else turns up inside.

#6621 6 years ago

I don't know about GIN, but I just played both of these machines and they certainly brighten up my otherwise dull line up.

#6624 6 years ago
Quoted from egyptrus:

I'm glad the games arrived in good condition and that the bonus features arrived as well! I thought you might enjoy a beverage with a game of pinball.

Thanks! Games are in place and soon so will I be.

#6626 6 years ago

That's OK. I've sent boxes of avocados out and I'm not shy about it. You're on the list next time I get a decent crop.

2 weeks later
#6771 6 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

i love how that game is so unpolitically correct nowadays.

It probably won't be long before pinside bans that game and others like it.

#6773 6 years ago

Heaven forbid....

2 months later
#7555 6 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

The BG's Gottlieb produced simply were the best ever made.

Quoted from Colsond3:

Mine was shot with a ton of spot flaking

lol

I got a glass from Shay this week too. Tis the season he's sending them out.

And IMO Bally made some of the best quality backglasses back in the day. You ever see an original Fireball that needed a new one?

#7559 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Of the people that don't like repro glasses, I don't get it.

Some repros aren't as good as others for sure. But when you get one from Shay, you are almost guaranteed it will be as good as it gets. If only everybody making parts for these games did that kind of work.

Quoted from Mopar:

I don't think I got in any Bally from the 70s that needed a backglass..

I've seen a couple that were pretty bad, but for the most part they seem to hold their paint very well. Like the three Fireballs I had all had perfect glasses and my Skateball and Flash Gordon are still like brand new.

I don't think any of the back glasses prior to 1970 were immune from shedding paint or fading except those that were done on plexi seem to hold up much better. Otherwise there wouldn't have been so many repros made and sold for those games.

DSCN5670 (resized).JPGDSCN5670 (resized).JPG

#7591 6 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

Sellers photo but she's loaded up in the back of the truck.must be a Motordome week.

I saw that same one in the led puke thread. I'm sure you can fix all that.

Congrats!

1 week later
#7668 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

The leds weren't my idea. It came to me that way. I thought all the young guys like them and the only way I can get rid of them is to leave them in a game when I sell it.

You are a young guy so I'm going to swap out all the incandescents for whatever leds I still have laying around on whatever machines I'm going send you, and you're gonna like it!

#7671 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

The price is right.

that's why you get no warranty

#7683 6 years ago
Quoted from ChrisRAD:

Crazy how many people just have one pinball machine randomly in their house and it just sits there for years.

Usually they play it for about a year or two and then when the batteries go dead or start to leak, it just sits there until the children are all grown up and leave home.

#7748 6 years ago
Quoted from timab2000:

Can't beat that.

"Try Again, Earthling"

#7802 6 years ago
Quoted from scaryflippers:

i found this holy grail my second one nice barn find located in Dunkerque France

They should make a movie about that.

#7804 6 years ago

Have you noticed the passengers falling out of that Aeroplane?

#7806 6 years ago

That's what they get for stowing away in the landing gear compartment.

1 week later
#7900 6 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

What do you do after you have successfully completed a deed in lieu on your home and you're financially free?

Do you mean after the bag of high grade weed and that trip to Hawaii?

#7927 6 years ago
Quoted from Lord_of_the_pins:

traded Aerosmith for this chestnut chromed h2o fully restored with new playfield

You made out on that deal!

1 month later
#8330 5 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

I love that backglass!

Me too.

2 months later
#8895 5 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

If I had a TNA in my collection, the older pins + a hell of a lot else would be neglected!!

Quite the contrary where I'm at. Since TNA arrived, it's the other newer games I don't care for at all. The older games it seems to go hand in hand with. To each his own I guess.

2 weeks later
#9077 5 years ago

Picked up a couple more Stern Stars projects.

Really digging the cabinet repaint on this one.

DSCN5915 (resized).JPGDSCN5915 (resized).JPG
#9080 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Kinda looks like a German V1 flying bomb from WWII.

Kinda reminds me of the water rocket I played with when I was a kid.

Water-Rockets1 (resized).jpgWater-Rockets1 (resized).jpg
4 weeks later
#9376 5 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Yeah, that’s one if those words that I type wrong all the time.

Not to worry. Even the words I type correctly, my computer keeps changing until I finally give up.

2 months later
#10111 5 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

Yes it plays fast, no, more like STUPID FAST !!!

Nuthin' puttin' a ramp or two on there couldn't fix...

Congrats!

1 month later
#10448 5 years ago
Quoted from corvair61:

This beautiful Universe has 2300 plays and shows it well. It’s a damn piece of art.

Those sure look like Williams legs on that thing. Or maybe they just got painted red. Should be cream color. Same as the coin door.

I had one in similar condition. There seem to be a few low play Universes out there.

Congrats!

8 months later
#12954 4 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

I don’t think I’ll ever buy a soda machine again..

thumb_allo-wanted-was-a-pepsi-all-i-wanted-was-a-53067519 (resized).pngthumb_allo-wanted-was-a-pepsi-all-i-wanted-was-a-53067519 (resized).png
#12979 4 years ago
Quoted from hazmat7719:

I finally found one and it was only a five hour round trip! It needs a cleaning, wax and new rubbers. There is some play field wear, not the end of the world for me on this one.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Damn! 8-Ball is the one 60s Williams that has eluded me. Nice!

#12982 4 years ago
Quoted from hazmat7719:

I have been looking for one close by for many years. It is not in tip top shape but, I am so glad to have it!

There have been a couple beaters around here, but I would rather wait until I could find one in comparable condition to yours.

In my experience, Williams is the king of multiplayer short flipper EMs because of their competitive nature and close scoring between players, and this one is highly touted as one of the best ones due to it's ball to ball memory, similar to Pit Stop which has always been one of my top games.

i'm in no hurry though, one will pop up eventually. Again, congrats!

#13031 4 years ago

He's baaaaack!

DSCN6311 (resized).JPGDSCN6311 (resized).JPG
#13045 4 years ago

I wish my No Fear had been free....of hacks.

1 week later
#13176 4 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

That’s because until now you’ve only see the stock translite with Alex Baldwin’s picture

38koxv (resized).jpg38koxv (resized).jpg
#13191 4 years ago
Quoted from locksmith:

Nicest Judge Dredd I’ve ever had. This may be a keeper.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That's where I'm at. I'm on my fourth one now. A low play sample game with nice bright colors.

Congrats! They really don't make them like that anymore.

#13216 4 years ago

For those of you not reading the pinside bitch thread, this is the current state of STI's white glove shipping.

I recommend don't use them. Ever. But I got my games.

DSCN6393 (resized).JPGDSCN6393 (resized).JPGDSCN6394 (resized).JPGDSCN6394 (resized).JPG
#13220 4 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

That’s some UPS-level handling.

Even Michael Jackson gave better white glove service.

DSCN6397 (resized).JPGDSCN6397 (resized).JPG
#13223 4 years ago
Quoted from gutz:

How mad can you be if you end the day with a skill roll, though?

It's all forgotten now.

#13228 4 years ago
Quoted from JayDee:

But I did find the white glove worker that packed your games in case you’re interested

Is he in Wisconsin? I've heard the rest of pinside has been looking for him too.

#13241 4 years ago
DSCN6399 (resized).JPGDSCN6399 (resized).JPG
#13244 4 years ago
Quoted from JayDee:

Is that the blanket from your white glove delivery?

I threw those stinky things in the trash.

#13245 4 years ago

Playfield's a little dirty but the rest shows real pride of ownership.

DSCN6401 (resized).JPGDSCN6401 (resized).JPGDSCN6402 (resized).JPGDSCN6402 (resized).JPG
#13262 4 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

I really would like to find a good old EM with a manual ball lift. Memories!

Funniest thing happened last night. I was playing my first game on Beat The Clock which is the only EM single player multi ball game and when I locked a ball in the star hole and it didn't kick another ball into the shooter lane I really thought it was broken. lol. hahaha. Joke's on me!

But besides that, definitely worth waiting for and certainly one of the best EMs I have owned. 1960s Williams to me are the best and stoked I finally found one of these in good shape..

#13265 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Awesome. Love those flipper gaps

Yeah man! Before we even played it I cleaned off most of the dirt to reveal a super nice playfield. It had us scratching our heads why it was like that with the rest of the machine so clean and nice. Perhaps he did the restore several years ago and hadn't shopped it since then.

Those kickout holes fire the balls like cannon balls and the multiball feature is very unique and fun. The game is also very beautiful so I already give it a top 5 rating of all EMS. Most of the rest are Williams two inch flipper games too.

#13325 4 years ago
Quoted from dc2010:

Can't beat the charm of an old mechanical backbox in a gottleib!

I find the running man unit in my 4 Bagger and the mechanical backbox clock that interacts with gameplay and scoring in my Beat The Clock pretty charming.

And even the mechanical baseball players in 1948's Williams Yanks backbox, the first flipper pinball game I know of to have any mechanical backbox animation, pretty charming to.

#13347 4 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Brought this old Lucky Ace home last night. It's been sitting uncovered in a building for 30 years. It was free with the promise of first right of refusal on some of my other coin-op stuff if/when I decide to sell.

Nice item! Glad your 4 Bagger and Skill Roll didn't end up on that first refusal list.

Quoted from AlexF:

The best part beside the price was the sticker on the coin door.

A $25 reward?
EnvYa0r.gifEnvYa0r.gif

1 week later
#13453 4 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

8 Ball has a drop-down cabinet and great art. It was one of only a few Williams EMs that kept track of each of two players pool balls earned using separate stepper units for each player. Player 1 plays balls 1-7. Player 2 plays balls 9-15. The balls have to be earned, in order, then each player shoots for the 8 ball! It's a Norm Clark Middle-Pop pin, my third!

Now that I have a Beat the Clock, 8-Ball is about the last EM I would still consider buying after having had so many.

Congrats!

#13459 4 years ago
Quoted from ibuypinballs:

Just acquired this tonight. Gotta love the 10 minute away pick ups. Very clean example.[quoted image]

We all appreciate you taking one for the team.

#13467 4 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Thank o-din! That's high praise, coming from you. Would that be because Pit Stop, one of your favorite pins, is one of the few EMs that have the same ability to track the two players playfield accomplishments separately? From IPDB:
"The carry-over feature is an example of EM playfield "memory" and is accomplished by the Player Relay alternating between two step-up units. An earlier example of this is Williams' 1966 '8 Ball'."
"Two racetracks in center playfield, one for each player, use lights to show the cars racing. The positions of the cars on the tracks carry-over from ball to ball and do not reset until a new game is started."

Yes sir!

Pit Stop has become not only mine, but everybody else that seems to come over's favorite EM. It never gets old. Always as fresh as the first time. Not just that, but have had several other Norm Clarks , and they are always great players and crowd pleasers too. And that's pretty much the bottom line as it has always been.

Games that get played, stay.

2 weeks later
#13617 4 years ago

I was on pinside vacation when Robert sent me this one with an NOS Bally playfield installed, and I haven't taken many pics and never posted anything about it in this thread.

Better late than never, I guess.

52474353_2679097588797020_7982711973957599232_n (resized).jpg52474353_2679097588797020_7982711973957599232_n (resized).jpg
#13621 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

That looks like a nice pin. I don't think I've ever played one though.

Thanks!

Relatively rare Bally from that era. 1850 units made. Great layout. Needs rules to be set at max tough so replays aren't a gimme. Plays crickets.

All in all though, looks great in my living room. We like the sounds too, especially the crickets.

2 weeks later
#13720 4 years ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

Well,
I brought home a $1400 pinball machine today folks.

So, I don't visit this thread for a couple days and my buddy TractorDoc gets himself a Judge Dredd.

I guess I deserve "15 years for avoidance".

Congrats buddy, one of my all time favorites.

#13750 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

this sweet little Zale zipper masterpiece Mini-Zag.

Them's getting hard to come by. At least around these parts.

The other one looks familiar too. Jigsaw I guess.

Congrats!

#13796 4 years ago

Loop the Loop is pretty cool with that spinning bumper, a feature originally found on Chicago Coin's Spinball released shortly after Kilroy.

Congrats!

4 months later
#15180 4 years ago
DSCN6670 (resized).JPGDSCN6670 (resized).JPGDSCN6671 (resized).JPGDSCN6671 (resized).JPGDSCN6672 (resized).JPGDSCN6672 (resized).JPGDSCN6673 (resized).JPGDSCN6673 (resized).JPGDSCN6674 (resized).JPGDSCN6674 (resized).JPG
#15185 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Odin that may be the nicest Comet I've ever seen, did you restore it, looks fresh out the box!

Nicest one I've ever seen too. Unrestored original condition. Also first Williams sticker on the glass I have seen since joining Pinside.

It came from the auction yesterday where a collector liquidated quite a few super nice condition machines that he had to have acquired decades ago.

#15188 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I assume you'll keep it so are you going to protect the PF with mylar or something.

It's got the factory mylar on it which I could not tell until I removed the glass. I had a successful mylar removal on the Comet next to it, so this one may get the same treatment. They seem to have a very good topcoat under the mylar. Took a lot of work to remove all the glue. Gonna take some balls to start that procedure on this one though.

Yes it's a keeper after I bought the other one back a few weeks ago just to have one. Way better than Cyclone IMO.

Inspected by F. Hard.
DSCN6675 (resized).JPGDSCN6675 (resized).JPG

#15190 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

If anything I might would look at the old one and see if I should add mylar in places the factory didn't or I'd not touch that PF. What a find.

These are 35 years old. The way I clean and wax, they will never wear out without the mylar. Only other place is around the pop bumpers and those stay. Reason for removing is the lighted inserts and the playfield really pops a lot more without it.

Oh, and not a dimple anywhere to be seen.

1 week later
#15248 4 years ago

This showed up last week as I was gonna store it for a few days for a friend. Last night I made it official, it was not going to leave anytime soon. Nothing screams HUO like a tilt bob still sealed in a bag and what look like original rubbers.

I guess I finally broke down and bought another modern Stern.
DSCN6698 (resized).JPGDSCN6698 (resized).JPGDSCN6699 (resized).JPGDSCN6699 (resized).JPGDSCN6700 (resized).JPGDSCN6700 (resized).JPG

#15251 4 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

[quoted image]

Now that's one of my favorite games right there.^^^^

Congrats!

#15254 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

That pin is crazy nice! How do people find these!

They just show up in my garage. lol.

Actually home use games seemed to be pretty popular around here in the early 2000s after they started drying up in the arcades. I've probably seen more unrouted than routed from this era. Lots of them have been hitting the market again over the last several years now that people's kids have grown up or for other reasons.

This might be the first time I've had a chance to play High Roller Casino that I remember. I'm doubting they made that many, but it is a wonderful machine. Fully loaded by today's standards.

Edit- Oh, you meant the Comet. lol. Yes, it's been a good week or two.

#15256 4 years ago

I've had two Cyclones, but now I more prefer to play Comet. Sorry, never cared much for Hurricane. Just doesn't seem to have the same kind of magic to me.

1 month later
#15631 3 years ago

Stimulus

DSCN6807 (resized).JPGDSCN6807 (resized).JPGDSCN6808 (resized).JPGDSCN6808 (resized).JPGDSCN6810 (resized).JPGDSCN6810 (resized).JPG
#15637 3 years ago
Quoted from phillyfan64:

Where do you guys always find these deals???

Got my Ripley's off Craigslist after it had been up for four or five days. Just needed to cash in some of my stimulus and unemployment money.

The owner was a super nice guy that said he was selling that and a Wheel of Fortune because he wanted to get rid of the turds and only keep good games.

That sales pitch sealed the deal and he dropped it in my driveway an hour later. When he saw my pristine High Roller Casino I was putting it next to, he said "you're o-din aren't you?" Of course I blushed and hesitantly admitted it.

#15638 3 years ago

A follow up on that is once I removed the almost 200 led bulbs so it was playable, I looked at the high scores and saw the name ROB on there. I had sold my old Ripley's to RobT and it had come back, but with the way I set up games, I don't remember if I ever topped his scores or not.

For a moment I thought it might be my old game with the tilt bob now stapled in a bag instead of sealed like it was when I first got it, but then it occurred to me my old one did not have the factory Stern stickers on the playfield glass like this one does. Definitely HOU and another low play example that I thought I would not find again.

#15641 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

I like how games come back around.!

The new normal is now they cost more than they did the first time. That must be what happens when the government gives out free money.

#15654 3 years ago

Heatwave!

Great game with the original backglass thermometer that was so cool, a competitor copied it and put it in one of their games years later.

Congrats. Blow your top!

3 weeks later
#15978 3 years ago

A machine of machines. 304 V-8 with a cast iron manual trans and transfer case. Not sure if HUO or not.
DSCN6957 (resized).JPGDSCN6957 (resized).JPG

#15980 3 years ago

Hilarious.

After 100s of pinball machines, I post a picture of the Jeep that I am super stoked about instead of another mechanical basket case and my goofy ass face, and it gets a down vote. But I don't really care. And I peeled all that sticker shit off. Carry on.

#15982 3 years ago
Quoted from 72Devilz:

It is a machine and you did bring it home! However home use only qualifies if it spent its life in only one town. ;p

Thanks. I was surprised it made it home. But I did buy it at a home, in my home town, where I still call home.

With a few adjustments, it runs great and we drove it all over town. And I'm still peeling that sticker shit off.

#15986 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

What did you do ?

I showed it with that ass camo wrap on it is all I can think of.

Quoted from pinostalgia:

Don't flip this one though!

Corners real good in second gear with that 304 just hitting it's stride. A little rough, but relatively low plays on it for sure. I can tell.

1 month later
#16753 3 years ago
DSCN7050 (resized).JPGDSCN7050 (resized).JPG
#16756 3 years ago

At least it works.

DSCN7052 (resized).JPGDSCN7052 (resized).JPG
#16757 3 years ago

Inspected by both S. Castillo and M. Handcox.

DSCN7053 (resized).JPGDSCN7053 (resized).JPG

#16760 3 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Nice grab on that pin! I’ll get a Radical one day.

Quoted from MiamiRedSkin:

Sweet find! Color me jealous

Thanks!

The one sitting to the right of High Roller Casino is new arrival this week too. Just that I didn't bring it home, it just showed up in my driveway.

#16763 3 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Kickin it old school today. Right to storage.

Go through enough of those sleds, and you might start calling them belly barges.

3 years later
#28138 49 days ago

Frontier. I'd know that one anywhere.

Nice catch!

1 week later
#28194 42 days ago

It never rains in Southern California my ass.

But I made quick work of this one.

DSCN8784 (resized).JPGDSCN8784 (resized).JPG
#28197 42 days ago

Nice item.

DSCN8798 (resized).JPGDSCN8798 (resized).JPGDSCN8788 (resized).JPGDSCN8788 (resized).JPGDSCN8785 (resized).JPGDSCN8785 (resized).JPG
#28199 42 days ago
Quoted from topkat:

Looks like a nice one!

Couple chipped plastics and I'm rebuilding the flippers now with whatever parts I have on hand. Otherwise she's good to go.

Never seen those funky batteries before, but no leaks and they will be removed.

Very happy with it. Will play again.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
4,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-machine-did-you-bring-home-today-post-your-pictures?tu=o-din and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.