(Topic ID: 92205)

What machine did you bring home today? Post your pictures!

By MiamiRedSkin

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 12,073 posts
  • 1,454 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Harvs
  • Topic is favorited by 341 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 10,851 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_7300 (resized).JPG
7237D9EE-617F-4734-8BC3-F2C370E0440D (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190523_212900 (resized).jpg
20190518_101647 (resized).jpg
5ABC13D2-788E-467E-AEC7-B988A1CB082E (resized).jpeg
BFEAF9E9-5F13-4F58-A791-318D301973BB (resized).jpeg
5838AF09-55E8-4989-9F74-1E8929A5BE8C (resized).jpeg
15DD56DE-A56B-4BAD-839C-506200429B23 (resized).jpeg
C15644F2-684B-4284-93AA-4EB64E971AD3 (resized).jpeg
868F2EC4-D454-4C6D-B6AF-E3EF8501A001 (resized).jpeg
EC0A27A3-4B26-497C-B9F5-A834E3E421AE.gif
C5232F93-46F3-4CB1-9AFF-54BDEFF5AF00 (resized).jpeg
12F6FED1-48C2-4ABC-8210-84D4B589EB34 (resized).jpeg
AC1D560C-401D-4964-8C91-AD1E52277361 (resized).jpeg
FE9F90C1-5DCC-4919-AAFC-EBCA08615E93 (resized).jpeg
4B3BD669-C254-4400-8237-A97BA26CEA0D (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider northerndude.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4553 2 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Great find today. Needs a little love, but I'll take it after moving the last two I had and regretting it. Next phone call...Shay. By the way, anybody have a spare MPU laying around?

HEY! Sending PM

8 months later
#7089 1 year ago

Whirlwind
Happy here, need to do cabinet, it’s bad, PF, BG, Plastics, etc. are new

B0C84C05-78C7-4C21-8EA5-6687AD63F139 (resized).jpeg

#7164 1 year ago
Quoted from animesuperj:

My friend locally who used to own a Dimension said I should be able to use any gottlieb wedgehead, so will keep an eye out for a donor. Also a backglass, which hopefully isn't too hard. There was one in NY recently for $125 in average looking shape. Just said they won't ship.

Maybe you’ll find the original!!!!

#7206 1 year ago
Quoted from Arresto:

Well, it was a few weeks ago now but I got this Dr Dude pinball machine that I have been working on fixing up. It is my first machine and I am leaning as I go but so far I have managed to fix:
* A tilt fault that was stopping the game from starting - there was a short circuit due to a bad soldering job.
* The start button didn't work - someone had cut the wires where they connected to the pump tilt.
* The left flipper not working - replaced a capacitor, cleaned and tightened the leaf switch.
* Swapped some wrong and blown fuses.
* Bought and put in bolts and nuts for the head board and play field pivot bolts.
* Cleaned & cleaned & cleaned the machine.
* Touched up some of the artwork - there is a lot more to go.
* Swapped the broken big shot figure for a random figure and have a new 3D printed one on its way in the mail.
I've also tested all the omes for all the solinoids most are around 6 and all are above 4.
I've still got to get the mix master working. I've swaped out a bad diode and NPN transistor on the Triac board but it's still not working.
Let me know what you think. As I said this is my first machine and I'm learning as I go so any advice if welcome.

Welcome to pinball, you’ve clearly already done/learned more than most in the hobby

#7230 1 year ago
Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Doubled my collection size today!

I picked one up in early '17. Had a fun time going through it. Might even have a contact or two for tough to get or nos plastic or two.

2 weeks later
#7363 1 year ago

That would be a blast during the xmas season!

1 month later
#7642 1 year ago
Quoted from swampshroom:

Brought home a minty Baywatch. Such a great game. I couldn't round up a buddy on short notice so the wife volunteered to tag along to do what she could. She also got first game on it.

BAYWATCH! You'll love it, AND you got a topper, nice! Better slide into the BW members thread for updates info, there is a new code for it

1 month later
#8033 1 year ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Damn picked the wrong day for this pick-up!! Now to get it into the house!!

Dude, didn't you know...... Winter is coming!

#8039 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

My third F-14 and never leaving, regretted trading my last one away.

Nice paint

#8062 1 year ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Finally got my EBD. Fully restored! Still waiting on the apron and hope to have that soon. Hurry up brenna98

Looks better than brand spankin' new!

1 week later
#8137 1 year ago

Swapped a wide body Stern for my first modern Stern in the lineup! Pumped to play. Still 5 hours from home.......thx dirkdiggler

My navigator is no help either

image (resized).jpg

1F12397E-5A24-47B1-BF18-DAADCA3C9AD8 (resized).jpeg

F2F6A745-F1C2-45C4-A806-47B9605A32DB (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#8202 1 year ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Don't you worry,
It's gonna be alright.
Cause I'm always ready.
I won't let you out of my sight.

DID you join the Baywatch thread yet!??

#8216 1 year ago

Baywatch, getting the love. Lots of chatter about B Dubs lately!!!!!

2 weeks later
#8319 1 year ago
Quoted from CollinT:

I've done pizza parties, beer, you name it. One of my friends has helped a ton and he finally bailed on me yesterday. #theyknow

But then do they show up to play pinball ? if so? ...... they're bums!

#8372 1 year ago
Quoted from wantdataeast:

This has been the same home non-smoking home for 12 years and in that time it saw only 600 plays (600 plays since 2006). And from the look of it, it saw very little play before that. Closest condition to a HUO game as I have ever seen.
Playfield plastics,translight, cabinet...all magnificent. super clean inside. Baywatch is not on my short list so I am gonna let her go, maybe trade off to a top 40 game.. or project / players top 15 game
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/62674
(and shout out to the "Nuon" industrial battery company. Installed for 12 years and no leaks and still active enough to hold the audit info...WOW!)

DUDE, make sure you toss in the new code that Chad did, it changed game play immensely give it a few plays first..........ya never know, it might grow on you.

1 week later
#8441 1 year ago

Here is comes.........the weekend. The time everyone (that has money) else shows the great finds and all the fantastic things in this world, and all the rest of us here hitting re-fresh on the "What did you bring home today" thread and ogle over all those beauties

#8468 1 year ago
Quoted from bbhenry2000:

What or rather who is PPS?

Planetary Pinball Supply

#8471 1 year ago
Quoted from grantopia:

$550 off the Facebook marketplace. Not a bad Tuesday!

Unreal.........550! jealous!

#8475 1 year ago
Quoted from CollinT:

Cheesy bonus, such a fun game! What a score! hows the playfield and plastics?
Facebook seems to be the place for hidden deals, found my non working Pinbot for $150.

I paid the asking price on Facebook for a Baywatch in fantastic shape for 350

1 week later
#8510 1 year ago

This is nothing short of - sad face

#8548 1 year ago
Quoted from FelixTCat:

Silverball Mania added to the collection today.

LOVE the artwork!

1 month later
#8831 11 months ago

COOL!

1 week later
#8882 11 months ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

Definitely agree, but sadly my system 1's have been much neglected since TNA showed up a couple months ago, but it too proves the simple is better

If I had a TNA in my collection, the older pins + a hell of a lot else would be neglected!!

#8913 11 months ago
Quoted from GreenMario:

Hello everyone! I brought home my first machine the other day. It's one most of you are probably familiar with but it was brand new to me. I never really got into pinball when I was a kid, I was a little young for it in the 90's. A friend of a friend was giving it away!! Lucky me! It has 70,971 plays on it and has spent the last 2 decades or so in someones home.
The paint on the cabinet is a little rough but the playfield and backglass are beautiful, I think. And it plays great! I've noticed the swinging target takes a little time to "warm up" before it swings all the way back and forth, i'm not sure if they're all like that. But once it's been on for a few plays it has a much larger range of motion.
Mine doesn't seem to be wired for a conservative mode, unless that's selected by open circuit. And the liberal and medium appear wired together? Maybe I'm misunderstanding it. But we'll cross that bridge if I start breaking 200,000 points on the regular in 3 ball mode. And the number match function I don't fully understand, is it supposed to light up one set of numbers every game? or just every few games? Maybe I have some light bulbs burnt out, but it only occasionally lights up a score to match so I haven't been able to test if it's working.
I'm really looking forward to getting into this wonderful hobby. It's been great fun to play so far and even just the few hours I spent with it last night I've seen my scores and skills improve. Those drop catches to flip up to the "ramp" are tough!!

Hope you have lots of space for the rest coming in!!!!

#8948 11 months ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

Scored this 2001 this afternoon. Should clean up!

HOLY Targets!!

#9006 11 months ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

Wasn't expecting to wake up and find this the next city over will go nicely next to Caribbean Cruise

I was a little too tall
Could've used a few pounds
Tight pants points hardly reknown
She was a black-haired beauty with big dark eyes
And points all her own sitting way up high
Way up firm and high

#9019 11 months ago
Quoted from Jakers:

7 hour round trips are more fun when you get 40mpg!

Whew, lucky you didn't get pulled over, that license plate doesn't have any letter OR numbers on it

#9039 11 months ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

how was the best pizza on the planet?

I kind of thought that was a bold statement myself, but hey, probably a good marketing scheme to get everyone in at least once to test it out!!

#9043 11 months ago

Well, transport dropped this off at the driveway for me today! Cracked the wrap off a bit to get a baby sneak peek. Bought it sight unseen from pics and the sellers word. I’ll put it together tonight and check it out fully!!
I’m sitting here at work now.......waiting.........crap!

0C47BEE8-1B5D-42DF-8806-AEEFC90B06C3 (resized).jpeg

Maybe a bit too red for me, might have to swap those out. My second System 11, side by each now. Looks like some repairs to do, lower back glass lights not operational, good thing I’m handy, then, about a 5-10 hour tear down and shop job needed.

CF91C21D-062D-495C-8F89-BCA43B2A1627 (resized).jpeg

#9046 10 months ago
Quoted from chaosrooster:

I picked this up from a fellow Pinsider yesterday. Now I have both of my childhood favorites.

That Pinbot should have a couple parts (plastics) from me in it hey? Welcome to the WW club!!

#9070 10 months ago
Quoted from MichiganDad:

Collection started...

Yeah....so that elliptical is already in the way, make way!!!

#9092 10 months ago
Quoted from New_England:

So happy to have received this beautiful machine today!
This marks number one in the collection. What do you all think?

GREAT START!! watch out, they tend to multiply!

1 month later
#9669 8 months ago

WOW, i was 270+ posts behind, dang work blocked Pinside on me, probably for the best

How may new pins has colsond3 got since start of Aug? lol

#9709 8 months ago
Quoted from erak:

Not pinball. But cool. Picked it up last week.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

HOLY DUDE, you got your Pong? Were you in on Kickstarter or just went out a bought it? I believe Player1 is the distributor here. I got in on the KS and still waiting patiently.

PKG # 11 !?!?!

#9774 8 months ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Nice grab...welcome to the club! Just got done shopping and waxing mine last night.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Finallly!

3 weeks later
#9968 7 months ago

Just delivered!!!! Just in the garage for now until I get a little help from the boys to set it up, & or find a spot for it downstairs.
Wanted a Monopoly for YEARS!!! Finally in my possession. Thx to murphelman, we started this deal over a month ago, with logistics, the tornado, and life, it’s finally here.

Also, for any Canadians, I wouldn’t hesitate to suggest Manitoulin Transport formpin shipping, they were the least expensive and a good service.

2309B681-275B-499A-9C43-D43C741C7600 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#10052 7 months ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Grabbed a Joust...and a really nice framed Andromeda BG.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

No...........seriously, where.........do.......you.........put.............them all !?!?!!??!

#10056 7 months ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

And here I thought I was done for the day. Number two coming in...and set up.
Game is sick. Documented HUO. Pinball Refinery armor, clear purple apron, color DMD, shaker, Modfather shooter Rod, speaker lights, Met speaker mod, Creeping Death light show and blades, Flipperiffic toppers, snake decal and snake plastic mod and more.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Beautiful! I also see your well under the standard 600 plays!!

4 weeks later
#10244 6 months ago
Quoted from luckycreature:

R and L dropped this off today. All set up tonight for the little guy to press start tomorrow.

WANT!!!

1 week later
#10320 6 months ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Same here! FT seems to suffer cab fade the worst. Too bad because I really like the art on this one. Great game. I am surprised you can still find these reasonably cheap. Mine needs a bit of work but look forward to fixing it up. Should be a nice player when done.

You can have the whole cab looking like new for a couple hundred bucks if its not beat to crap.

#10322 6 months ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I usually don't care about the cab but FT has such great art and color. Is it possible to redecal a game without taking everything apart? I imagine you need to if sanding, painting, and all that.

Not really, heat gun it or sand off the old.
Fill dings, paint, re-decal.

Find the Vids cabinet repair thread, it’s great if your interested.

#10370 5 months ago
Quoted from Pinhead306:

Should clean up nice.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Roughriders toque!

A couple flipper rebuilds and a clean up should get 'er going!

#10385 5 months ago
Quoted from New_England:

Sweet! Was this the one from the coop? Thought about buying it myself but my girlfriend wouldn't approve.

Get rid of her

#10431 5 months ago
Quoted from Adaminski:

Brought home my first pin today. Bought this LOTR Pro from wonderful pinball collector and restorer in the Seattle/Tacoma area.
This machine has a lot of mods installed by the previous owner. From the Craigslist ad:
Pingraffix pinblades, special pinball life flipper coils, ColorDMD, shaker motor installed, shire decal, PDI target decal set, palantir color changing LED, Mind Orbits color changing shooter rod, Path of the Dead figures added, NVram installed, no batteries needed, some LEDs installed. Playfield in good condition, some wear on cabinet. Never been on location, I am the 3rd owner. Has manual and a few extra parts included. Game plays and works great.
While not an LE, it does have a signed card from George Gomez.
So excited!!!!

Hell of a start to the collection!!!

#10438 5 months ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Haha...I do have a spare bedroom. PDF the paperwork to me via email.
It’s a modest game room, I can’t even fit all of my pins in there. Looking to upgrade. I’ll throw up a pic later.

Wow,
Surprise, can’t even fit all my pins in there...........

2 weeks later
#10562 5 months ago
Quoted from Nyraiderfan:

It's cool, it wasn't in the description but the pictures clearly showed it. Also in his description it says LED's and a new main ramp. Does anyone know if this game was produced with LED's?

No, they would have had to be swapped in.

#10577 5 months ago
Quoted from Nyraiderfan:

loaded up and ready to go home, I’ll post pictures after I set the machine up.

Call retrorefurbs, I bet they make a nice set of replacement cab decals!

2 weeks later
#10680 4 months ago
Quoted from Pinhead306:

Not a pin but the people I bought the rollergames off of also had these for sale. I didn’t buy them cause I don’t know anything about them.

Hey! You didn’t bring these home! Ha

#10685 4 months ago
Quoted from mark532011:

just got these beauties. The Rescue 911 came all the way from Italy just to be in my household and the Flash came from a new friend!
[quoted image]

Great art on the Flash BG!

#10689 4 months ago
Quoted from GSones:

Picked up my first EM last weekend and I've been in El Dorado drop target heaven ever since. The pictures don't do it justice as far as condition but it's in really great shape for a 44 year old game. Looking forward to learning about EM repair and maintenance.

Looks super nice!!

1 week later
#10779 4 months ago
Quoted from PoBoyPinball:

Spent the last two weeks on the road working. Get up early this morning check pinside project pins and see 1 in LA and better yet I pass right by the town on my way home. Send a message early this morning and nothing. About 30 min from the town and heard back from the seller. Ask if I can take a look and see if we can agree on a price. We do and it comes home with me. Best part plug it up (when home) and it comes on and seems to start a game but not kicking out the ball. She is dirty and once I drill out the locks I’ll clean her up and get her going. The owner said it didn’t work I didn’t even try it at his place as I was good with the price for the condition. And that’s not red paint its like some boat seat cover material. Check out the high scores.

Debbie sucks....

#10823 4 months ago

As I just messaged the seller, the three hour tour is over, Gilligan in the house.

2795C807-2F7B-4A36-8D4F-6A4064BC7475 (resized).jpegE9496A02-D2A0-412A-9CED-870C8E9F9E16 (resized).jpeg21C7F222-0A77-43BD-AFFD-E3ADF749811A (resized).jpeg
#10826 4 months ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Made a 770 mile drive through Winter Storm Harper to pick up a nice SST

Nice SST! I’d love one
You guys name your storms?? We call ours Thursday.

3 weeks later
#11029 3 months ago

3 JP’s this week!

#11031 3 months ago

Wassssssup bitches!!!!
Two years waiting!!!!!
PONG IN DA HIZZZZZIE

2BEEB1A1-65F5-4127-95F9-579AB3AD134B (resized).jpegBB1EAA85-3FBD-43FF-9ADB-2EE5ECAA7739 (resized).jpegE93CE840-F8A0-4AEE-B70B-9FE15E3DA482 (resized).jpeg
#11036 3 months ago
Quoted from trk12fire:

I want to see the Pong table in action. Any videos or pic?

I don’t want to highjack this thread here,.My wife took this on one of the first games. Had not got sound effects and in game music dialed in yet. I have now, is great. I am amazed at build quality and weight to it. Very very pleased early on.

1 week later
#11148 87 days ago
Quoted from Olaa:

So happy
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like you perfectly centered yourself in the Full throttle back glass

1 week later
#11295 75 days ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

Was browsing the swiss equivalent to craigslist looking for cheap backglasses when I cam across an ad, 20 mns away from my home where someone was giving away a pinball machine.
25 mns later I add this in the car for free!
After 2 hours fidling with the electronic I got it running! Now have to check everything and work on the cabinet. (As you can see the backbox’s top has seen better days )
But hell, free?? Gave the guy a wine bottle from my late father’s collection to thank him He knew he could sell it but wanted to give to someone passionate rather than someone who’d buy it and resell it for more.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

SCORE!! Baywaych rules

1 month later
#11784 26 days ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

And here is the police force…

Nice, been trying to buy a PF off my buddy for like 2 years.

#11823 23 days ago
Quoted from oradke:

Today Jack Slater joined our family! Found one in fairly good condition, sat in a private home for the last 10 years.
[quoted image]

This one sits by the wood pile

#11845 21 days ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

Haha yikes, this was a mistake. PF likely isn’t savable.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Well, at least Uranus is still intact.

#11862 19 days ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Heat Wave is out, Spring Break is in!
[quoted image]

Wow, what a BG

#11892 17 days ago
Quoted from AJNada:

Brought home a No Fear with very little to no cab fade. Can't wait to throw in some LEDs and 'play better!'

I saw a "No Fear" decal on the back of about a '90 GMC Safari van today in town. HAHA, haven't seen that in a loooong time!

2 weeks later
#12053 1 day ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Went with a friend to help him with the purchase of a 24. And there stood also a RnB. Emotions hit me as it was my very first pin 20 yrs ago and I couldn’t resist myself when I learned the price was OK.
But I don’t have space, I need mental help [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Love that BG, some pins look so good with some mirror to their BG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
1,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, INDIANA
$ 14.95
$ 125.00
Lighting - Backbox
Great American Pinball
€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Massillon, OH
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
£ 55.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 19.95
$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Perrysburg, OH
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
2,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Culpeper, VA
$ 269.00
$ 16.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider northerndude.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside