(Topic ID: 92205)

What machine did you bring home today? Post your pictures!

By MiamiRedSkin

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 13,521 posts
  • 1,527 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 49 minutes ago by Colsond3
  • Topic is favorited by 364 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 11,927 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

E73BD314-07E4-4CDC-B9CF-4970D36BDD0B (resized).jpeg
627D4678-BDD2-49C5-B9CB-5A3DDF2FD5FD (resized).jpeg
613F7535-B9EE-40AF-8923-08A51110BCB0 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2777 (resized).JPG
IMG_2778 (resized).JPG
20190915_161546 (resized).jpg
8B267219-113D-4E46-8D9D-F37F826FA636 (resized).jpeg
4272015_1808 (resized).JPG
4272015_1807 (resized).JPG
4272015_1806 (resized).JPG
4272015_1805 (resized).JPG
4272015_1804 (resized).JPG
4272015_1803 (resized).JPG
4272015_1802 (resized).JPG
20190915_133234 (resized).jpg
20190915_133259 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikeo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#413 4 years ago

Not so much new as newly refinished.

Just got my repainted North Star cabinet back from Ken Head.

This game will now look new all around.

image.jpg

1 month later
#530 4 years ago
Quoted from Dono:

Cabinet is really solid, no fade, no flaking; just a few dings.

Nice find, Don. That should be a fun one to shop out.

4 months later
#1342 3 years ago

Those are the grand daddy of ball bowlers. Would love to have one. Played one at a party early this year and had a blast.

3 weeks later
#1477 3 years ago
Quoted from simplykind:

For all those who are interested.....the BK2K album.
http://imgur.com/a/QmgRN

Has it ever even been played? Nice game.

4 weeks later
#1627 3 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Just got my last pinball purchase for a while, a Data East Time Machine. Jaaaackpot! What a cool game.

Goes well with the old school theme of your Diner and Whodunnit.

2 months later
#2158 3 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

I picked up and Elvis and a jackbot today. Both in need of a deep cleaning but I'm feeling good about it. It's my first new stern.

What the hell happened to the lock bar on that Elvis??? It takes one hell of a thump to put that kind of dent in a lock bar.

I guess it could have been worse.

4 months later
#3016 3 years ago

An unfaded BSD is a thing to behold. Nice find.

2 weeks later
#3133 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Oh, and its a sample game!

The little rectangle window in the backglass says production game. So does a 6446 serial number.

You didn't show us the credit unit. If the half moon style that says sample.

The green ringed pop bumpers and the white pop bumper skirts say sample.

Maybe you have a frankenstein game. A low serial number with an adjacent "S" somewhere on it would confirm.

#3137 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Here is the credit unit.

Looks like they put the sample game parts in a production cabinet somewhere down the road. That would explain why your backglass has the small rectangle window.

Boilerman was recently pursuing BGResto to do a half moon credit window in an Atlantis backglass repro.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-picked-up

2 months later
#3604 2 years ago
Quoted from Kcbbq13:

Picked up a super minty WCS yesterday! 3rd time I've owned this pin haha... 1st pin I ever owned, and this is the nicest example!

That has to be pretty nice to be better than the one I sold you. Contgrats.

IMG_3311 (resized).JPG

IMG_3312 (resized).JPG

4 months later
#4538 2 years ago
Quoted from Lemank:

Today's pick up. The only bad thing is the previous owner cut the wires in the back. Thank you letgo!

They cut them twice.

The blind leading the blind.

2 weeks later
#4650 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

What can I say? I like a challenge. Got it working fairly quick.
1964 Bally Grand Tour

Did they even paint the instruction card holder?!

5 months later
#6520 1 year ago
Quoted from Fytr:

When we were still dating I bought my wife an Addams Family once for her birthday. Her friends didn't think much of it...

A good friend of mine bought his wife a ToM from me for Christmas many many years ago. It resided in the living room and was only their second pinball purchase at the time. The hobby has snowballed for them since then.

3 weeks later
#6759 1 year ago
Quoted from wylcot:

It is live from the French Atlantic coast, à long way from home, but that personal holy grail is totally worth the trip !

And you fit that in a Focus hatchback? Must have been a tight fit. I never tried fitting any EM pinballs into my 03 Focus SVT, much less a WPC game.

Glad you found a grail game.

1 week later
#6896 1 year ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Got this bad boy home last week. The seller did a perfect job in palletizing the pin. The pin is restored and all NOS (except for sidedecals). Really happy with the purchase.

Nice speakers.

3 weeks later
#7165 1 year ago

I have a 2001 head including relay board. Would be a lot of the parts you need. And you wouldn't need to paint the head. The simplest approach to reproducing it would be to get an actual Dimension head and copy the harness from it. I have a friend that did this with a Gold Strike. He started with just the head relay board and the playfield. He then bought another Gold Strike and copied the main relay board and then captured head and body cabinets and backglass and all the other missing part. A single player head would be so much easier to reproduce.

Let me know if you are interested in my 2001 head.

1 month later
#7511 1 year ago

Picked this up last night.

IMG_0007 (resized).jpeg

IMG_0005 (resized).jpeg

#7545 1 year ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Stunning artwork.

Yeah, the artwork content and condition of this backglass were what sold me on this one.

IMG_0007 (resized).jpeg

1 month later
#7962 1 year ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

Well..... I’ll be posting a picture of a twilight zone very soon hopefully. It has been in route to my house for a month via STI and currently has been sitting three hours away for a week and a half. It is a pretty freaking ridiculous process honestly. Probably the last time I ever ship anything lol

In my experience it depends on where you are located.

The more remote you are located the more difficult for STI to coordinate a third party mover to participate in your game move for that last stage.

I live in the Kansas City area so STI has regular stops every week. Even though you appear to be right on I-75 I would suspect that your area is not along the main runs the movers that participate with STI make.

Good luck.

#7964 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Added JJP Dialed in. Playing tonight rearranging the basement tomorrow..

Good deal on the DI.

Doesn't look like your pool table is long for this world.

3 months later
#8753 1 year ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

I actually didn't bring this machine home, but a friend that was at the Allentown show brought it home for me. Took me a while to post so its a bit later than today.
Thanks,
JR

Looks like an exceptional example, Vic. You have to be happy to have one back in the fold.

1 week later
#8865 1 year ago
Quoted from ChrisRAD:

First NIB game! Beyond excited for it!

So what's the story with the Canada Dry head cabinet in the background of your picture?

#8869 1 year ago
Quoted from Tyamry:

That was mine!

So why isn’t it with your Canada Dry?

2 months later
#9752 1 year ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Picked up my second Sonic.
Amazing how similar thay are to Zaccaria’s.
[quoted image][quoted image]

You mean "Amazing how similar Sonic and Zaccaria are to Williams."

#9807 1 year ago
Quoted from brenna98:

No. That would imply that Williams has amazing playfields with clearcoat that holds up today. Beautiful backglasses and screen printed cabinets.
I suspect they licensed the mechanical parts inside from Williams though...

I see game similarities in their parts first before I see their similarities and/or differences in other aspects.

2 months later
#10356 9 months ago
Quoted from Wmsfan:

Scored yesterday-
1966 Gottlieb Dancing Lady
1963 Williams El Toro
Both have been home use at same house for 40 years. The Gottlieb, as I'm told, was purchased from the owner of the company that was making Gottlieb cabinets at the time- August Johnson- and for some reason ended up in the wrong cabinet for the game (what game is this cab actually from?)
Bright colors, no bg flaking, really beautiful games.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like a prototype Gottlieb Super Score cabinet, same as shown in the flyer. Looks like they never made Super Score in the green motif, only blue???

https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2441&picno=5844

4 months later
#11581 5 months ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

This game is going to clean up real nice. Glad my oldest boy loves to take a road trip.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks pretty nice, Vic. Any chance it will stay around?

1 month later
#12101 3 months ago

The ugly paternal twin brother showed up to spend time with its much prettier sister today.

8CEA3DB0-9ED3-492C-AFA5-9F29A0157E48 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#12468 78 days ago
Quoted from OTTOgd:

I'm going on a trip ... to a crazy year in the future! 2001 !?![quoted image]

Good find. The bigger question is why/how is it the body is positioned that way in your vehicle?

#12489 76 days ago
Quoted from OTTOgd:

That's how older pins like to relax in the backseat of my older Accord.

I've moved a game in the back seat of a sedan before, always on its side. But the car was an Impala. Never thought it would sit stable at an angle like that.

You use what you have.

4 weeks later
#12848 49 days ago

Just picked up this Atlantis yesterday. While hard to believe, no, it wasn't in a fire.

Unfortunately, no, it isn't washing off either. Story is the previous owner was a really big smoker.

Side View (resized).jpg
#12854 49 days ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

Wow that’s dirty. What did you use to try and clean it?

All I've tried so far is a good general cleaner I use and then magic eraser with isopropyl alcohol.

I'll try mean green and the 600 grit wet sanding. Anything would be better than having to repaint this because the rest of it is quite nice.

#12864 49 days ago
Quoted from Playdium:

Imagine what the lungs look like, or looked like.

She mentioned that he died like 4 years ago but I don't recall it sounding anything like lung cancer.

#12867 48 days ago
Quoted from pinwhoo:

Try this stuff called 'Totally Awesome'. Works great. About $1 a bottle at Dollar General - https://www.dollargeneral.com/las-awesome-cleaner.html

The TA and a scotchbrite pad did this much tonight. I used Mean Green for a bit of it.

The green paint is thinner than the brown and not holding up as well but I’m impressed that it is having this large an impact.

Thanks for the guidance.

BCEAD613-9E12-4B5D-A131-6B5BAEDED8C6 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#12966 36 days ago
Quoted from hazmat7719:

I finally found one and it was only a five hour round trip! It needs a cleaning, wax and new rubbers. There is some play field wear, not the end of the world for me on this one.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks to be an excellent example.

There is a guy on the EM “Looking for parts” thread needing good scans of 8 Ball plastics. Can you hook a brother up?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-em-seeking-parts-thread/page/108#post-5136960

#12968 36 days ago
Quoted from hazmat7719:

Thanks, I sent a message.

I know Ken will really appreciate if you can help him. Thanks.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikeo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside