(Topic ID: 92205)

What machine did you bring home today? Post your pictures!

By MiamiRedSkin

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28,654 posts
  • 2,297 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by EJS
  • Topic is favorited by 581 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8284 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9525 (resized).jpg
DSC01924 (resized).JPG
DSC01920 (resized).JPG
DSC01929 (resized).JPG
E401A3EA-3BBA-4B16-9F6D-4152FA314772 (resized).jpeg
4A5E26ED-B0C8-43CC-A70B-7D256378ADB9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240422_205151828.jpg
IMG_2294 (resized).JPG
PXL_20240422_014624665 (resized).jpg
IMG_5605 Large (resized).jpeg
IMG_5587 Large (resized).jpeg
IMG_5204 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5205 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5206 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0388 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider methos.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#881 8 years ago

Completed just under 600 miles yesterday as I made my way to the great state of Indiana. Picked up these two gems and met two great Pinsiders, Kevin (KMS Pinball) and Matt (BillySastard). Both are stand up guys and sure we could have talked pinball for an hour or two, but I had deadlines. Don't hesitate to deal with either of these two as they are both great sellers.

DSCN0216.jpgDSCN0216.jpg
DSCN0221.jpgDSCN0221.jpg
DSCN0224.jpgDSCN0224.jpg
DSCN0227.jpgDSCN0227.jpg

1 month later
#1164 8 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

No, actually it was a local unadvertised deal. It does have a really nice pf, just need to get it all set up.

YeahRightThatsFunny.jpg

That 2nd one is funny shit - only because I go through that montage every 3 weeks or so.

7 months later
#2682 7 years ago
Quoted from tominator:

That Stern Catacomb is soooo cool! I have never seen one before. Is it fun? Great art on it!

Art is great, but the game play is so/so.

4 months later
#3550 7 years ago

Nice pick ups Dave!

11 months later
3 months later
#7956 6 years ago
Quoted from pfcjimmy:

Not sure if I'll be getting any work done tomorrow...

Nice pickup!

10 months later
#10599 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

About a year and a half ago I sold three games to fund an ECLE WoZ. One of those games was Twister. I know it gets a lot of crap around these parts, but my son loves it and was devastated when I sold it without him knowing.
Flash forward to today, and I was finally able to make things right with him. Can't wait to see his face when he sees it again!
[quoted image]

Nice pick up. Was that the one that was on the Chicago CL?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#10603 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Negative. I think you're talking about the one in Rockford. $3500 is way too rich for my blood.

It was Rockford. Great pickup, I sold one a few years ago and looking for a replacement some day.

1 year later
#14866 4 years ago
Quoted from Jayg1981:

I picked myself up a nice little project today.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats, but the words "project" and "STTNG" in the same sentence gives me nightmares.

#14912 4 years ago

Picked these two up this week, and had the opportunity to meet a couple of great pinball guys as well.

IMG_0728 (resized).jpgIMG_0728 (resized).jpg
#14949 4 years ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

I just picked up a Williams Time Fantasy locally, about 8 miles from my home. A couple had it for 20+ years in their basement. It works, needs a skip job and some minor repair work.[quoted image]

Nice pick up! Quirky game, but fun.

#14988 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

CRAZY![quoted image]

That's some serious coin in that picture.

#15041 4 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Solar fire has been on my list for a very long time.
If it wasn’t for some good friends, I would have missed this one right in my backyard.
I got right to work fixing the bottom, that’s why the clamps are there.[quoted image]

Nice pick up Dave. I managed to get one not to long. It's a great game.

2 months later
#15599 3 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

The last 3 weeks have been an adventure...decals on the way for time machine.[quoted image]

Nice!

3 months later
#17066 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Still havent seen the Shadow

Don't listen to the naysayers, it's an entertaining movie. Just don't forget it's a 90's era film based on a 30's/40's pulp hero and it pays to have some background on the character before you watch it.

The movie Darkman was supposed to be The Shadow, but the the film makers couldn't get the rights to the character. That is another entertaining 90's era film.

2 months later
#17841 3 years ago

Brought this one home after a 11 hour journey. Thanks to Tilt for hooking me up with one of my grail machines!

IMG_4421 (resized).JPGIMG_4421 (resized).JPG
1 month later
#18503 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

Have never bought this many pins so close together and I’m sure I never will again, but man, what a rush!
September: X-Men LE Wolverine (Brooklyn, NY)
October: Jurassic Park (DE) (shipped from Michigan)
November: Tron LE (Brooklyn, NY)
All from Pinsiders
The Tron has been my grail since I entered the game. By far the nicest and most ridiculously priced game in my collection.
The JP spent only one year on location and has the scoops to prove it.
X-Men is criminally underrated. Wasn’t on my must have list, but after spending some time with it my mind was changed.
Sadly, on the same day I picked up Tron, I sold my very first pin: Back to the Future. This game was in stellar shape and fully working. I needed the space for the future (pun intended) and my friend has wanted the game for a long time. It was time to let it go. We also struck the deal at 1am and moved it out of my basement right after... this was after moving in Tron and bullshitting for a few hours. In the running for latest sale of 2020?
I hope you enjoyed my little story, as this will be my last acquisition post for a while since I blew my toy budget for a long, long time.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Love the Scott Pilgrim shirt!

2 weeks later
#18796 3 years ago
Quoted from pkurfess:

I just had 3 games arrive today. Shipped from ReplayFX in Pittsburgh. I got No Good Gofers, Cyclone, & Six Million Dollar Man. All work great and are fun to play.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That's a hike. How did you have them shipped?

1 month later
#19180 3 years ago

Thanks to wildeboutpins for hooking me up with a game from my favorite band.

IMG-2222 (1) (resized).jpgIMG-2222 (1) (resized).jpg
#19182 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I didn't realize they had made a Spice Girls pin!!

My tastes aren't that bad. It's actually a Milli Vanilli pin.

#19184 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Ohhhh. How interesting.. A pin that you stand there and let someone else play for you and you take the credit!!!

Exactly, but not before I publically state "We're better than the Beatles!"

1 month later
#19439 3 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Finally!!! From So Cal to NY!! I can rest easy now. She’s home.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow! Is that an original?

2 months later
#20280 2 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:Another trip to Michigan today.
Traded my Walking dead pro and some cash for this baby.[quoted image]

I did the same thing, upgraded to a premium. Was a great decision.

#20288 2 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

I had the pro for 3 years always wanted the premium. So glad I did it’s one of my favorite games.

Keep in mind they do not play alike. The premium is MUCH more of an ass kicker.

1 month later
#20719 2 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

And the guy always reminded me of Bernie from Weekend at Bernie's.

There is a classic movie that would have made a great pin.

1 month later
#21184 2 years ago
Quoted from lowbeau67:

This might sound kind of dumb
but I think those quicksilvers and stargazers have no "Pinball Soul" that are made from the meteors and galaxies. They never were in an arcade bar or bowling alley as a quicksilver or stargazer . I love my early ss for their play and how cool to think of all the games played on it and all the places they have been.
Just my goofy way of looking
at things.
I'm currently refurbing a meteor now.

They will never play the same, as they were not factory built. It's more like a clone, copy of an original, but truly not an original. Or a Frankenstein pinball - many different parts made into one.

At the end of the day, we're all dying with very little time ahead of us on this planet, so what does it matter? I want to see someone really do something bold. Take a Dragonfist and convert it into a Meteor. That would make a great thread.

#21186 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

After 40 or 50 years in the field the originals dont play like factory built either.

True, but they can be cleaned and brought back to a much better starting point (never as when it left the floor), but much closer than a Frankenstein machine that uses reproduction parts from top to bottom.

It's like building a "33 Hot Rod from Factor Five Racing. Is it a real 1933 Ford? No. It's a new car built to stay as traditional as possible.

#21194 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

What do you call a Star Gazer with a repro play field and all of the original parts under the play field were transferred to the new play field? Is it a Frankenstein or a Star Gazer with a repro play field?

A repro PF isn't the same as the original pf. I took my original QS pf and had it restored and cleared. So it isn't exactly factory, but still numbers matching.

#21195 2 years ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

I think your summarization of a restored (new playfield, etc) machine as being "Frankenstein" is kinda laughable, but whatever boats your float lol.

Frankenstein being a new pf, galaxy cab, retooled targets/mechs, plastics, new wire harness, new repo backglass, etc. A game with just a new pf I wouldn't call a Frankenstein machine.

Seriously though, if it floats your boat, rock on. We'll be dead in 30 years so it won't matter.

#21204 2 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Doesn't have the original receipt, but I didn't see any shooter lane wear so I am going with undocumented HUO. Has original rubber and incandescent bulbs, I don't even think the original owner knew you could open these up. Best part is no pooling or chipping at the playfield posts!

Not even dimpling on the PF? I heard even the 90's games had horrible dimpling and unfinished code when released.

2 weeks later
#21293 2 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Yeah. One I'll never forget. Got sick on McDonald's burgers during a substantial road trip. To this day, I won't eat pickles on my fast food burgers.

I got sick on a ranch wrap there several years ago. Will never order from them again.

3 weeks later
#21497 2 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Well it's not home yet, but my friend and I picked it up from Banning Wendsday, at least I saved one from going overseas.
My friend is gonna shop it, and we will figure out what if any parts were gonna order and replace.
All in all decent shape, one Grail off the list.
Message from the Freeeek Kingdom.
Ps. The techs at Banning never dusted the tops!
Filthy!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice Job.

Still looks like a ton of games there...thought like most of them had to be picked up within 5 days.

#21517 2 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

locksmith scored a nice "Dodge City"!
[quoted image]

Beautiful games - both of them.

#21587 2 years ago
IMG_3090 (resized).jpgIMG_3090 (resized).jpg
#21592 2 years ago
Quoted from frisbez:

You seem more like a Blues guy to me.

I couldn't find one - so Rock Star will have to do.

#21595 2 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Captain's Auctions sticker on it. Did you return with all of your appendages intact?

Yeah - but I'm lighter in the wallet no doubt.

PF isn't as good as I could see in the pics, but it's ok. Might pull it and have Cpt Neo do this magic, we'll see.

It's heavy for a Gottlieb wedge head - that is for sure.

#21599 2 years ago
Quoted from frisbez:

There was definitely a Blue Note at INDISC one year. I guess it wasn't actually owned by the museum or was sold before the auction?
I remember playing the Rock Star that year trying to figure out the scoring to take with me over to Blue Note in the tournament.

It was sold as well. Went for higher than the Rock Star - so I had to bow out.

2 years later
#28344 55 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

This. New repro boards make these old pins playable for the masses.

Not always. Any many new boards have issues down the road.

If you need one you need one, but I always get the old repaired first if possible.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

1,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Plantsville, CT
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider methos.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-machine-did-you-bring-home-today-post-your-pictures?tu=methos and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.