(Topic ID: 92205)

What machine did you bring home today? Post your pictures!

By MiamiRedSkin

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28,623 posts
  • 2,294 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by darkryder
  • Topic is favorited by 581 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1953 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1954 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0550 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6053 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6054 (resized).jpeg
Alien pinball (resized).jpg
20240413_174632 (resized).jpg
IMG_6736 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6030 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6028 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2081 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2080 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2086 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbwalker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9239 5 years ago

Picked this up from a coworker for not much money for a friend of mine down the road. Coworker's wife wanted it gone and hadn't been turned on years. A little bit (actually a lot) of elbow grease...plus I'll have to fix some electrical issues - and maybe we'll have a new Pinside member...

Not making any money for elbow-grease, just reimbursement for the pin + parts.

It's relaxing helping to bring these back to life and a little bit shinier, regardless of the labor I have in it. Not trying to make it perfect, just a heck of a lot better for a 'players' machine for his family's enjoyment.

A couple of before and after pics, but just cleaned, no wax.

Besides my normal arsenal of cleaning gadgets, I finally swung by Harbor Freight and got an ultrasonic cleaner. Boy, that thing works wonders on posts.

Anyone have any rollovers they want to sell? They seem to a little hard to find.

20180621_210330 (resized).jpg20180621_210330 (resized).jpg20180622_174034 (resized).jpg20180622_174034 (resized).jpg20180622_174045 (resized).jpg20180622_174045 (resized).jpg20180714_182122 (resized).jpg20180714_182122 (resized).jpg20180715_124803 (resized).jpg20180715_124803 (resized).jpg20180720_172004 (resized).jpg20180720_172004 (resized).jpg

#9243 5 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

...What is Undertale? Did you build that yourself?
Chris

Good catch...hmmmm.

5 months later
#10610 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

It's been a solid week
[quoted image][quoted image]

No doubt about that! But I bet your bank account says otherwise.

#10611 5 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Picked this guy up a little while back so figured I would post some pics.
Long story a short a really good customer of mine found out that I collected pins and gave it to me.
...Anyhow, pretty bitchin for free. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

A local Cl seller had one for sell at a decent price. But someone beat me to it. Maybe someday...

Cave Creek: Went there on a recent trip to AZ/Maricopa. Beautiful area.

#10631 5 years ago
Quoted from ezelljon:

Brought home a great Judge Dredd yesterday. My daughter is loving the super game feature.

Good choice. We have one and it hasn't grown old a year later and can be brutal at times. Bought a colorDMD, seriously really makes a diff. How is the topper lit up?

#10652 5 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

Unloaded it and got it on the cart,checked wiring and it fired right up(bought disassembled)took a $400 gamble and it paid off.

That looks better than some of my 90's pins!

1 week later
#10708 5 years ago
Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

... a Seawitch...

Did it cost $8K?

3 weeks later
#10949 5 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

I love this game. Something about that music just draws me in!
[quoted image]

I just put mine on a subwoofer...wow, what a diff.

1 month later
#11429 5 years ago

Thanks to fellow Pinsider 'Rhlufa' for a great purchase experience!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

1 year later
#16616 3 years ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

Yeah, definitely a good laugh out of that. But I was nice and tried to be helpful, not figuring it would amount to anything for me personally, and then I got my chance.
As suspected, the batteries were SUPER old and a giant mess. A quick scraping (this won't be my permanent solution, it was just to quickly test) got it to boot and actually hold settings.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like the battery acid was confined to the holder?

1 week later
#16780 3 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

First pin trip that's taken me to a state besides Michigan in a few months. My most modern pin to date!
[quoted image]

For 14 pins in less than a year on Pinside...not to shabby!

#16831 3 years ago
Quoted from Buckaroo:

Picked a cool title today. A Bally Black Rose. The game came with a little dust on the head but who cleans the top of the head anyway? No legs so a couple of milk crates will work just fine. No playfield glass to get in your way if you ever need to get a stuck ball out. Yep the playfield has a little more dust, maybe the glass is a good idea? Add that to the shopping list. Heck a little wax and this baby will shine right up. As far as mods i think the only one is the three different flippers. The game will play better with this mod. The display did light up when plugged in and went into factory reset mode. Should be just a fuse. Oh well, when will I learn.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The red color on the cabinet sides looks good! Doesn't look faded. I bet it will clean up nicely with a lot of elbow grease (and Novus 1)...

#16861 3 years ago
Quoted from GTO:

Newest addition! 15 years for uploading photo sideways! [quoted image]

Great choice!

Hook up an external sub to JD - sounds amazing. Really becomes a different pin w/an external sub. Lot's of bass hiding in the sound track that goes unnoticed w/o a sub.

3 weeks later
#17234 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Technically it was dropped off for me...
Excited for this one and the price was spot on.
Always said the pro is the better bang for the buck, but now that premiums go for less than a loaded pro I had no choice but to surprise my brother with this.
Gotta buy the nieces love some how while it is Covid and can’t see her
[quoted image]

After 7 months of owning a TWD Pro, this pin always kicks my butt - but I always come back for more. Congrats on the purchase.

#17238 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Yeah I love the Pro. Play the ones we have on route all the time.
premium prices have dropped off enough that it was a no brainer to grab this one. 4500 w colorDMD was a very fair price. Now I can compare side by side to see which I will like best

WOW, 4.5K w/ColorDMD...seriously good price. LCD or LED (not that it makes much diff)?

Apologies for the slight thread derail.

1 month later
#17781 3 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

Here’s a before (at sellers) and after (my garage). It works. It needs bulbs but you can start and finish a game. Typical barn find. Surrounded by animal poo fortunately none on or in game....nor occupied for that matter. [quoted image][quoted image]

It's interesting hearing the back story on barn finds sometimes. How did you find it? CL, FB? Friend of a friend?

5 months later
#19417 3 years ago

Finally!

Been on the 'wanted' list for almost a year.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
3 months later
#20760 2 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

Wow, and that bed covering just clings?

Quoted from ToucanF16:

It clings to painted surfaces. Make sure truck is clean. The wrap is ~30” wide. Put on in overlapping rows starting at back of truck. The web site has good video instructions. I drove 400+ miles at 70-75 mph (some in pouring rain) and it stayed on just fine

That covering really caught my eye too.

#20779 2 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

So did you drive 20 miles, or 30 miles?
Congrats. Any Xenon...is better than no Xenon.

It was 20 miles to get to the 30 miles to go point.

1 week later
#20862 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Heading home with pin and neon sign!
[quoted image]

Foam tubes under the pin - interesting idea. How well do the foamies work under the pin to roll it in?

#20866 2 years ago
Quoted from pinostalgia:

I use fresh tennis balls, I buy them from the dollar store. They come in sets of three balls for a buck.

Quoted from mbwalker:

Foam tubes under the pin - interesting idea. How well do the foamies work under the pin to roll it in?

Considering I can get both at the dollar store, I just might splurge and go on a $5 spending spree!

1 week later
#20974 2 years ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Got my 3rd older game today. Starting to really like this era of pins.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Just played this at Wizards World yesterday - great pin.

Congrats!

4 weeks later
#21214 2 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Scored a 90's Jurassic Park pin today. Probably not what you were thinking, but the price was right...$5...and the kids like it. It will go well with my Jurassic Park Pro. [quoted image][quoted image]

PF OK? Any clearcoat pooling/chipping?

Looks like it's in good shape, any plans to send it to HEP for a restoration?

#21216 2 years ago
Quoted from Wineinger09:

Star Trek LE brought home today
[quoted image]

My favorite Ritchie pin (albeit mine's a Pro). Load up the code w/the movie callouts and hook it up to a sub!

2 months later
#21936 2 years ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

$900, a little rich for my blood... but maybe someday.

Nothing wrong with cleaning up and just having fun w/it. They all can't be museum pieces.

5 months later
#23460 1 year ago
Quoted from JasAce:

Best Easter gift lol, just got home with a stern POTC Huo that I found on ebay !

Great game, still miss mine. You can get rid of the sneeze shield and get a laser cut plastic to prevent air balls instead.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.00
€ 7.50
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 139.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbwalker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-machine-did-you-bring-home-today-post-your-pictures?tu=mbwalker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.