(Topic ID: 92205)

What machine did you bring home today? Post your pictures!

By MiamiRedSkin

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28,636 posts
  • 2,294 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 hours ago by Wildbill327
  • Topic is favorited by 582 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0327.jpeg
IMG_6671 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6670 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6668 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4118 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0219 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0224 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0218 (resized).jpeg
20240416_122827 (resized).jpg
20240416_122417 (resized).jpg
20240416_123832 (resized).jpg
IMG_1980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1953 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1954 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0550 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mappy_mouse.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4730 7 years ago

Picked up a Stern Dracula yesterday, needs a lot of TLC, but should come up a treat when done.

$tern Dracula 2 (resized).png$tern Dracula 2 (resized).png

Stern Dracula 1 (resized).pngStern Dracula 1 (resized).png

Stern Dracula 3 (resized).pngStern Dracula 3 (resized).png

#4732 7 years ago
Quoted from chippe01:

Well, I didn't bring it home, but it was delivered to me ...

Have one myself, she makes you melt when she speaks.....

#4737 7 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Picked up a Stern Dracula yesterday, needs a lot of TLC, but should come up a treat when done.

Hi Colsond3
Would be very intersted in the plastics, I will send you a pm.....Thank you.

#4738 7 years ago
Quoted from wantdataeast:

Great playfield on that Dracula, God bless mylar. I have only seen that play field worn out before.

It is in really good condition for a Dracula, only a couple of small marks the worst being at the top near the drops, red post missing slight wood missing, hoping the post when I put one back will cover it till I can get it fixed properly.

IMG_0004 (resized).JPGIMG_0004 (resized).JPG

IMG_0003 (resized).JPGIMG_0003 (resized).JPG

IMG_0002 (resized).JPGIMG_0002 (resized).JPG

IMG_0001 (resized).JPGIMG_0001 (resized).JPG

IMG_0028 (resized).JPGIMG_0028 (resized).JPG

IMG_0029 (resized).JPGIMG_0029 (resized).JPG

IMG_0021 (resized).JPGIMG_0021 (resized).JPG

IMG_0022 (resized).JPGIMG_0022 (resized).JPG

IMG_0018 (resized).JPGIMG_0018 (resized).JPG

IMG_0016 (resized).JPGIMG_0016 (resized).JPG

IMG_0008 (resized).JPGIMG_0008 (resized).JPG

IMG_0009 (resized).JPGIMG_0009 (resized).JPG

IMG_0010 (resized).JPGIMG_0010 (resized).JPG

IMG_0011 (resized).JPGIMG_0011 (resized).JPG

IMG_0014 (resized).JPGIMG_0014 (resized).JPG

IMG_0012 (resized).JPGIMG_0012 (resized).JPG

#4739 7 years ago

The MPU 100 has very very little corrosion on it which amazed me when I first looked at it, battery was hanging off it which looked lik it had been for years so I removed it straight away, probably what saved it, I will get it checked over and put NVRAM in it. No more battery worries.

#4745 7 years ago
Quoted from vaevictis:

Rescued MMPM from a foreclosure-has the blue lower BG, missing the upper BG and lockdown bar. Some corrosion on the boards, but for the $20 I paid for it; I think I'm coming out ahead!

Nice score and good rescue, good luck with the clean up.

#4755 7 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Looks pretty good...a shame the previous owner touched up / repainted the cab and backbox horribly

I know they "butchered it" but I have it now and will get it back to It's former glory over time, hoping someone will produce a set of top quality stencils for it, I might actually send Pinball Pimp an email and see if he can produce a set, "Hoping anyway". There is also a piece of the cabinet under the door where the base sits in that is broken and missing, but I have already found a piece of matching plywood and a carpenter friend of mine has cut it to size so we just have to fit it and clean it up to blend in the way it should, but still very happy and excited to own one.

#4764 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Depending upon what paint was used, you might have luck with Motsenbockers latex paint remover, or alcohol. You may need to be gentle with the alcohol, since there's a risk of removing the original paint if you're not careful. novus 2 is also an option, but since this is an abrasive, you may also need to be careful with it so you also don't remove the original paint.
In summary, I would suggest trying the latex paint remover first, then try a little bit of alcohol to remove most of it, then finish up carefully with novus 2 so as to avoid chemically removing the original paint

Hi ForceFlow
Thanks for the advice, I will give it a go and be very careful doing it, I would rather not make it any worse than it already is so I will pick a less obvious spot to start and see how it goes from there, any "too much coming off"and I will stop very quickly and leave it.

#4782 7 years ago
Quoted from darcangeloel:

Bought this bad boy last night. $1850. The Play field has all new inserts and was clear coated. I'm very happy. (I think for a players machine it is a very good example). Looks great and runs great. What do you guys think?

Very nice BK2K great buy, always thuoght they did a great job with design, along the lines of the original, but modernised for it's time with great game play.

#4793 7 years ago
Quoted from ejacques:

It's a mess. .... but complete!

It may be a mess, but it is another Pinball that has been saved. It does look like interesting play and zipper flippers witn a ball return gate. Looks like it would be fun to play when it is up and working.

#4835 7 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I have never seen machines in near "out of the box" condition aside from the elastics being shot.

Wow!!! They look amazing and so well preserved, great find, they look kike they have had virtually no play on them.

#4839 7 years ago

Absolutely beautiful machines and the playfield shots/back glass is outstanding for mahines of there age and unrestored. congratulations on the find, and with someone who looks like they really apprecaite them. Truly amazing.

2 weeks later
#5031 6 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

There are so many great pins finding new homes in the last few pages that I'm starting to get very jealous!

Agreed, Its hard enough finding parts over here resonably priced let alone complete machines at decent prices. So very jelous as well.

1 month later
#5438 6 years ago

Picked up these two babies today, Went out for Trident and Quicksilver was a bonus find so bought it there and then on the spot.

IMG_0002 (resized).JPGIMG_0002 (resized).JPG

IMG_0001 (resized).JPGIMG_0001 (resized).JPG

IMG_0003 (resized).JPGIMG_0003 (resized).JPG

IMG_0004 (resized).JPGIMG_0004 (resized).JPG

IMG_0014 (resized).JPGIMG_0014 (resized).JPG

IMG_0012 (resized).JPGIMG_0012 (resized).JPG

IMG_0017 (resized).JPGIMG_0017 (resized).JPG

IMG_0011 (resized).JPGIMG_0011 (resized).JPG

#5445 6 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Two cool games. I had a Trident so long ago...very fun, should have never sold it (but I can say that about practically every game I've sold). Some people don't like no outlane on the left, but I love it. I remember I could really get the ball flying on that pin, which isn't always possible on an older SS game. Thanks...now you made me want one again.

I actually went out for the Trident and Hot Hand and spotted Quicksilver, my opinion both underated games, so needless to say Hot Hand got left behind, Playfields on both have wear but not excessive, Quicksilver already up and running, Trident still needs some work, but overall in good condition for a Trident, future plans to have both playfields touched up, inserts fixed (cupped) and both clearcoated. Not many of these two particular Stern titles left these days. Go on and find a Trident to save, most of them are nearly all shot these days and need saving.

#5447 6 years ago

It was a major bonus because over here in Australia Quicksilver "NEVER" comes up for sale, the guy I purchased it from had only just traded it in so super excited when I spotted it and even more excited when he told me what he wanted for it (but still trying not to look that interested). Double score.

2 months later
#6263 6 years ago

That looks so cool......for the old big kid at heart. Still love the Jetsons even at 50........

#6264 6 years ago

What would be really cool would be a Wacky Races pinball with Dasterdly and muttley.

6 months later
#8080 6 years ago

I've had these a couple of weeks just haven't had the chance to post pics, First one is a Bally Kiss project, It is a mess but it will be resurrected.

IMG_0108 (resized).JPGIMG_0108 (resized).JPG

IMG_0109 (resized).JPGIMG_0109 (resized).JPG

IMG_0110 (resized).JPGIMG_0110 (resized).JPG

IMG_0111 (resized).JPGIMG_0111 (resized).JPG

IMG_0113 (resized).JPGIMG_0113 (resized).JPG

IMG_0112 (resized).JPGIMG_0112 (resized).JPG

IMG_0114 (resized).JPGIMG_0114 (resized).JPG

IMG_0117 (resized).JPGIMG_0117 (resized).JPG

IMG_0115 (resized).JPGIMG_0115 (resized).JPG

IMG_0118 (resized).JPGIMG_0118 (resized).JPG

IMG_0119 (resized).JPGIMG_0119 (resized).JPG

IMG_0120 (resized).JPGIMG_0120 (resized).JPG

IMG_0116 (resized).JPGIMG_0116 (resized).JPG

IMG_0104 (resized).JPGIMG_0104 (resized).JPG

IMG_0106 (resized).JPGIMG_0106 (resized).JPG

IMG_0107 (resized).JPGIMG_0107 (resized).JPG

IMG_0105 (resized).JPGIMG_0105 (resized).JPG

#8081 6 years ago

Second is a Stern Freefall, pretty clean, the Mylar needs to come off as it is stuffed but otherwise pretty clan playfield. Just missing almost all of the plastics which I am looking out for. If anyone can help out with a plastic set or some high res scans I will be happy to pay someone for there time. I have been given a shot of the plastics from a VP site which was much appreciated but real scans if not plastics would be preferred.

IMG_0124 (resized).JPGIMG_0124 (resized).JPG

IMG_0123 (resized).JPGIMG_0123 (resized).JPG

IMG_0127 (resized).JPGIMG_0127 (resized).JPG

IMG_0126 (resized).JPGIMG_0126 (resized).JPG

IMG_0125 (resized).JPGIMG_0125 (resized).JPG

IMG_0128 (resized).JPGIMG_0128 (resized).JPG

IMG_0129 (resized).JPGIMG_0129 (resized).JPG

IMG_0131 (resized).JPGIMG_0131 (resized).JPG

IMG_0132 (resized).JPGIMG_0132 (resized).JPG

IMG_0133 (resized).JPGIMG_0133 (resized).JPG

IMG_0130 (resized).JPGIMG_0130 (resized).JPG

IMG_0122 (resized).JPGIMG_0122 (resized).JPG

IMG_0121 (resized).JPGIMG_0121 (resized).JPG

#8135 6 years ago
Quoted from wantdataeast:

My pin Bro, I wish you the best with this project and I hope you have a lot of success. But I think you should also post this girl in the Pinball Horror Pics thread. Not insulting it, but the machine was clearly abused and lived a super hard life. You have balls to take on this project!.

Thanks, It obviously has been well used and badly abused and then got shoved in a barn to rot, this will be the biggest project I've even taken on, the cabinet scares the s#@t out of me, but I want to save it so I will give it a go.

1 week later
#8189 6 years ago
Quoted from mappy_mouse:

Second is a Stern Freefall

I am looking for a full set of plastics for my freefall or a complete set of good quality scans if anyone can help out or put me onto someone who can.
Thanks
Craig.

1 year later
#12407 4 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

My first early SS, pretty excited. In great shape, turns on but doesn’t boot, boards already shipped off for a once over. Full resto already on the cards.

Nice Quicksilver and great score, your playfield is in really good nick for a Quicksilver, little wear to most you see these days, and yes that is well worth a full restore.

Have fun doing it.

#12408 4 years ago

Also if you're not already aware of them you might be interested in these.

http://www.pinballrescue.net/Plastics_Quicksilver.html

2 months later
#13549 4 years ago
Quoted from KHL:

A 1981 Stern Viper

I am so so Jealous......

5 months later
#15001 4 years ago

That is a Holden Commodore VZ ute as we call them here in Australia.

1 month later
#15427 4 years ago

Picked up a Stern Ali project today, really good condition for an Ali machine, backglass is really great.

DSC_1976 (resized).JPGDSC_1976 (resized).JPGDSC_1985 (resized).JPGDSC_1985 (resized).JPGDSC_1986 (resized).JPGDSC_1986 (resized).JPGDSC_1990 (resized).JPGDSC_1990 (resized).JPG
#15433 4 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

He only fights right handed, eh?

No he can now fight with both hands again , I found the missing sling shot plastic stuck in a drop target assembly when cleaning it

#15519 4 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Figured I’d buy another project, from my favorite manufacturer. I bought it at a fair price, but probably should have waited for pin prices to go into a Freefall....

Excellent pick up bluespin , and should clean up really well. Good luck with the project. I'm still hoping to get my Freefall finished one day.

1 month later
#15939 3 years ago
Quoted from skankingaround:

How I wish it was another game sitting in the salvage yard, would’ve been the same price no matter the game! ... oh well $200 AUD doesn’t get you much in Australia.

Great find, wish I could pick up machines from a salvage yard. Hopefully you are going to try and save it. Congrats on the pick up.

11 months later
#20178 2 years ago

Great score, those are nearly impossible to find in Australia. Would love to see some more pics when its all done.

1 year later
#25211 1 year ago
Quoted from Foxxstone_80:

That Terrific Lake is sweet! What is it a re-theme of

It is not a re-theme it was made by Sport Matic of Spain back in 1987

Here is the link .

https://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=terrific+lake&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

€ 7.50
$ 9.95
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 1,199.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

€ 24.00
Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Hills Village, CO
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

16,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bullhead City, AZ
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mappy_mouse.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-machine-did-you-bring-home-today-post-your-pictures?tu=mappy_mouse and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.