(Topic ID: 92205)

What machine did you bring home today? Post your pictures!

By MiamiRedSkin

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 13,862 posts
  • 1,535 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by PBEarwood
  • Topic is favorited by 371 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 12,198 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

received_439706880017683 (resized).jpeg
Hurricane 2019 (resized).JPG
G and Surfers (resized).jpg
G and Spanish eyes (resized).jpg
G and Pinball in car (resized).jpg
417344D7-DD73-4C30-A83D-5A3B8EFC62D9 (resized).jpeg
E9711A0F-788E-4701-B17A-554437DB7F04 (resized).jpeg
BC828288-383D-4B92-B340-99ED86DF5324 (resized).jpeg
6AED0FE5-BBA1-43D4-82C9-E67F7BFB05B1 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20191019_163921 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191015_061632 (resized).jpg
F0602533-B356-481A-8BAB-4A288D9D264D (resized).jpeg
FFC1B76F-7D86-4240-B77D-7232F77E3E9C (resized).jpeg
C4956F4C-ABD1-4725-B4CF-6150A8755762 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20191019_194849101_BURST000_COVER_TOP (resized).jpg
20191019_153551 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jmountjoy111.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#154 4 years ago

image.jpg

image-124.jpg

I sold my getaway this weekend. Picked up a pretty nice Police Force and a project Black Knight 2000

I have been working on that BK2K for about 5 months. The guy was hesitant to sell anything. Showed up with cash on Saturday morning and he finally priced it.

7 months later
#536 4 years ago

Picked up a Rescue 911 and Hook today

image.jpg

#538 4 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Are the mid row seats installed in each others position? Shouldn't the seat release handles be on the side near the door?
Other than that nice score!

I have honestly never paid attention. I never noticed the release handles until you said that. It is an 07 Tahoe and the mid row has automatic lift. I am not sure if they will even come out.

On the machines though. I think Hook is a pretty underrated game and I love the Paul Faris art packages. The Rescue 911 is a project but it will boot up play.

#544 4 years ago

Picked up a kings of steel today.

image.jpg

#549 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Was that the $120 Kings of Steel that was listed on CL?
By the way, I've made the clear ball guides for Kings of Steel, if you need them.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kings-of-steel-ball-guides-for-sale

That is the one. I'm trying to get it to boot up without buying the Alltek board but once I get it running I will probably be hitting you up on a set of those.

1 week later
#564 4 years ago

I also love this thread. However it makes me want to bring home more machines. Lol. I'm sure my wife loves it a lot less than I do

#579 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Middle Earth ended up having two counters installed for some reason. One on the coin door, and one inside the cabinet.

20150716193512529.jpg 20150716193609809.jpg 20150716192608057.jpg

Looks like that playfield cleaned up very nicely

#583 4 years ago

This madness all began with Pinbot. He finally has his bride. A little dirty, a little faded, and a little worn but she is fully working. This was the first game I added to my wish list and it feels good to mark it off

image.jpg

2 weeks later
#682 4 years ago

Space jam.

image.jpg

3 weeks later
#819 4 years ago

Just picked up a Last Action Hero

image.jpg

#825 4 years ago

Picked up a nice white water and high speed today.

image.jpg

#827 4 years ago

Here is a better pic of the white water once I got it home. Still haven't set up the high speed.

image.jpg

#842 4 years ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

I know where you got those...

Cost me whirlwind which was my favorite game. I'd had it for a long time though so I guess it was time to mix it up

#844 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Yeah, but it's cheap--it works out to about $20 per roll of 18"x1500' and is enought for several pins. It keeps the dings and scratches at bay when moving and transporting, so I figure it's worthwhile.

Agreed. I cannot begin to explain how many times wrap has saved the bottom edges of a the cabinet as I slide games in and out of the vehicle. At $20 a roll I use a ton also. Now if I can just keep from getting dizzy every time I wrap one up lol.

#849 4 years ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

You got both of them for Whirlwind?

Nope. Lol. That would have been nice though.

#868 4 years ago

Feel the power of the wind!!! Traded mine Sunday. Picked up a new one today

image.jpg

1 week later
#897 4 years ago

Just picked up a break shot and a jurassic park lost world. Not to far from the house so I'm going to make two trips this time

image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpg

#910 4 years ago

And after my second trip here is the jurassic park the lost world

image.jpg

My boy is pretty pumped about it. Whether it is any good or not I guess we will find out

Here is a pic with it all set up. The GI is out and the plugs don't appear burned so I guess it will be a little more than a shop job but oh well. Fixing them is half the fun

image.jpg

#912 4 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I have fun on it whenever I play it.... It's better than the rap it has received....

I got a good deal on it fully working in need of a shop job. I am sure it will be a fun game I just have never had a chance to play it. I haven't found a game I totally hated yet and if he likes it then it was all worth it you know.

#936 4 years ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

traded my POTC for a nice TRon pro! I've had it for a week and I'm loving how difficult/fast it is.

448932.jpg

You look a little excited in the pic lol. That's awesome. I love picking up a new one and geeking out about it.

1 week later
#990 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I ended up finding a Gottlieb Street Fighter II. It's not one of my rare finds, but one interesting thing about it was that it had a TNT Amusements sticker from 2000. It also looks like it was serviced a second time by another company before finding its way into someone's home, and then into my hands.
Another interesting thing is that the shooter broke and the shooter rod ended up in the shooter lane.
The game boots, minus the display. The display fuse blew, and I don't have one on-hand (a 3/8 Amp Slow-Blow), which I'll have to include on my next parts order. However, the display has burn-in and a scorch mark, so I'll pop in a spare that I have. The DMD board also has a couple of modifications, which I'll have to look into.
It looks like the MPU has one of the barrel-shaped lithium batteries that TNT Amusements was using a while back. 15 years and no leakage. It's probably time to replace it, though...
And yes, the car is busted, as is usually the case
20150925214913572.jpg 20150925204813587.jpg 20150925214722518.jpg
20150925212510602.jpg
20150925214128468.jpg
20150925213948402.jpg

Every radio shack I have ever been in had 3/8 amp SB fuses in stock. It's that 1/8 amp that williams displays used that is hard to come by. Nice find btw

#1019 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I bought a TMNT a while back for $400
I really wanted to keep it, but it had major PF damage. At some point in the past, some flashers stuck. Some of the inserts under the ramp were badly melted. On top of that, the PF had some planking.

This one has full mylar. It is filthy dirty but really in nice shape. It booted up with the old board but it had acid damage. It came with a new rottendog MPU but the processor chip was damaged on the old board so I guess I'll have to order one of those.

#1056 4 years ago

Picked up this Grand Prix project. Only my second EM game so I guess I have some learning to do.
image.jpgimage.jpg

#1063 4 years ago
Quoted from chalkup8:

That would be a cool game to have.Over 10 K built,how many remain?
Someone's left half a leg leveler under the glass?

Lol. Yeah the guy said it fell off when he moved it so he laid it there for safe keeping. It has been removed. He was a super nice guy just not a pinhead. It will clean up really nicely. Right now the steppers just continuously click so I'd say I have some bad contacts.

1 week later
#1101 4 years ago

I just about have my Grand Prix project up and running. I only have a couple of bugs left to figure out. Here is a link to the thread if any of you want to help

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-need-help-with-grabd-prix-ball-in-play-stepper

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#1105 4 years ago

I have been hunting this one for a while now. Feels good to mark them off the wish list.

2 weeks later
#1243 3 years ago

I picked up a nonworking project riverboat gambler today. Brought it home, plugged it in, all of a sudden it was a working project.

1 week later
#1332 3 years ago

I have finally succumb to the sorcery of the Seawitch!!!!

This is my favorite old stern and I have hunted one for quite a while. It is fully working. A little dirty but should clean up pretty nicely.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

1 week later
#1374 3 years ago

Picked up my third xenon last night. Probably about time to hang on to one lol.

image.jpg

#1378 3 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Picked this one up today...

Dsc_2150.jpg

I saw that one on Craigslist. It was tempting. Glad you got it

1 week later
#1423 3 years ago
Quoted from ejacques:

I love it when "non working" games turn out to work :)20151206_114053.jpg 20151206_114044.jpg

That has happened to me twice now. It is quite a pleasant surprise indeed.

#1433 3 years ago

I just picked up a flash. The MPU has massive battery damage and the driver board is MIA. I would've taken a picture with it set up but it might be a while before it gets set up LOL.

image.jpg

#1443 3 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

That's great. Would you tell how much you payed?

Do you really have to ask??? JD is $1400 all day long

#1503 3 years ago

Merry Christmas to me! This creature is pretty slick and the LCD mod is too cool

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

I also picked up this project. Today was a good day!!

#1506 3 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Nice CFTBL, and son of a bitch!!! I've been looking for a Haunted House forever, and can never find one that someone is willing to sell for a reasonable price (as most of them need work). Perhaps I should come hang out in Kentucky for a week or two.

I drove 4 and half hours one way for the haunted house and decided to buy the CFTBL too. It made the trip not as painful lol.

#1507 3 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

I drove 4 and half hours one way for the haunted house and decided to buy the CFTBL too. It made the trip not as painful lol.

After repinning some connectors this is now a working project

#1511 3 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Picked this up Sunday...set it up tonight and hit multiball on my second game. Thanks to jkashani for a smooth transaction and nice game. Hope the Star Trek is treating you well.
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Black hole might end up being next for me on the list. Once I get this haunted house 100% I will only want one more. Lol. Looks awesome.

#1513 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Suuure. Riiight.

Lol. I see how that read now. I want all of them. I meant to say once I get the haunted house running right I will only want black hole more.

1 month later
#1675 3 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I had a BK2K for a while. Love the artwork, but got tired of it pretty quick.
Still have my WPT though...great pin.

Bk2k has some of the greatest music and lights in pinball and the backglass artwork speaks for itself. I believe in the year I owned it I developed carpal tunnel in my right wrist lol.

#1680 3 years ago

Picked up this corvette project today. Sound and DMD both turned out to be easy fixes. It is a reimport and has a ton of hacks. Should be a decent game when done though.

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#1684 3 years ago

It was in fact the same one. It is going to take a lot of work to get going. I feel a lot better having gotten the sound and DMD issues lined out without spending any extra on them. However, the gates that it is missing appear to be almost impossible to find. At least on this continent.

2 weeks later
#1756 3 years ago

Oooooooh!!! Try a tube shot!

1 week later
#1844 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

There's been one on CL around here and I've really wanted it. Great looking game.

So a fleur-de-lis stands for Canada? I never knew that.

The fleur de lis is a French symbol which is why you would see it associated with Canada and areas of the US that had a high French influence. Such as New Orleans.

1 month later
#2153 3 years ago

I picked up and Elvis and a jackbot today. Both in need of a deep cleaning but I'm feeling good about it. It's my first new stern.

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#2159 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

What the hell happened to the lock bar on that Elvis??? It takes one hell of a thump to put that kind of dent in a lock bar.
I guess it could have been worse.

Lol. I asked the seller and he said "ehhhhh you never know about these games that have come from the wild"

3 weeks later
#2267 3 years ago

I guess sticking with the Data East thing I picked up this Royal Rumble last night. Has a little acid damage on the board but should clean up nicely. Just a 6 hour round trip for me though

image_(resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
#2448 3 years ago

I was on a mission to pick up something weird and cheesy to round out the lineup. Success????

image_(resized).jpeg

#2457 3 years ago

Weird? Check

Cheesy? Check

Success!!!!!

It's in pretty good shape overall. Cabinet does have a little chipping on the front panel and some wear where the legs were set low for the kids. I like it so far.

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#2459 3 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

Did you pick this up from a CL add in Ohio?

It was listed on several craigslist locations but yes. I'd imagine there weren't two anyways lol

1 week later
#2517 3 years ago

I overpaid for this machine given that $1400 is the going rate but I feel good about it. I've had JD on the wish list for a long time.

image_(resized).jpeg

#2519 3 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

$1400 is the going rate in what what year, 2005? Only BW DMD I'm aware of that routinely goes under 2K is Party Zone.

While you are in fact correct that I would not sell JD at $1400, it will always be a $1400 game folks. Lol

I traded with a super good pinsider, pindude80. He even let me put a couple of game on his GNR. Super awesome game too. I'd love to have that one

#2521 3 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Wow what a great trade, I am very jealous of your score. I would love to do that project.

I was thinking the same thing. I put some games in on a taxi last night and I always loved that game.

#2529 3 years ago
Quoted from wvpinball:

I drove 1500 miles this weekend to pick up a Bad Cats from a fellow pinsider. Came home with a CPR playfield and plastics set too. The game will be gorgeous when I get the swap and shop done... I've been looking for this one for more than 3 YEARS!!!

oh man and it's the elusive orange version. Lol. (Yes I know they are supposed to be orange)

#2565 3 years ago

I can't wait to tear into this one. It's pretty dirty but should clean up very nicely.

image_(resized).jpeg

#2570 3 years ago

I am totally sold on Congo Btw. It has lived up to the hype for sure

4 months later
#3383 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

So if I take a good condition game, put NOS coin mechs in the door, install a NOS coinbox, and print up a fake recept showing I bought it from A&S Amusements 30 years ago, you will give me top dollar?
What did PT Barnum say about suckers?

No joke. The same things can be said about reimports. It would be incredibly easy to make a reimport game look domestic and no one would ever know the difference. Some say the worth less than domestic. They can keep saying that and I will buy them instead lol. Condition is always King. Huo or not

#3390 3 years ago

I have been slacking on my pinside activity as of late. I've been incredibly busy since school started back. I had to sell of a large portion of my collection to pay some bills and have been blessed to find a large number of project games to refill it. I picked up an Earthshaker, Space Shuttle, Trident, Galaxy, Doctor Who, Flash (which I traded as is to a friend for new rottendog boards and the parts I needed to fix doctor who), and a Revolution X video game. All of these were basically nonworking or semi working when I got them so at least I've had something to do. Earthshaker, Trident, and Galaxy are basically finished. The others are in line.

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

#3402 3 years ago

Galaxy didn't last long. Traded it today for this lethal weapon 3. With an autograph of Joe Kaminkow.

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

#3404 3 years ago

I really like the data east games of that period. I've not put a ton of games on lw3 but it seems cool. I traded with a friend who owed me one basically so it's not like I stole it or anything. I believe it will be a fun game

#3427 3 years ago

Ummmmm. Nice catch. Lol

#3493 2 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Traded JM for a DM. Man, the PF on this one is S-O nice!!!

Pretty sure I've played that Demoman. Super nice ramps too

#3498 2 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

If you played it in Louisville, you probably have indeed. Rob flame-polished these ramps, and man, they do look super awesome. What a stand up guy; it was nice to meet someone like him, do a straight trade, no cash from either of us, both tell each other EXACTLY what to expect with each game (pros and flaws of each of them), swap them, load them, shake hands, and call it a day. Love fellow pinsiders like that!
Also, want to give a public TY to Weirpinball for making this one possible. He knew I was looking for a DM and was ready to trade JM, and he found this one for me. Super cool move on his part!

That's the one. His pinside name is robert4pinball and he posts in the marketplace all the time. Usually trade only. I've dealt with him numerous times. Congrats on the pickup

2 weeks later
#3623 2 years ago

I picked up this Gottlieb King Rock today. I'm going to fix it up and give it to my dad for his birthday. He played the two player version King Kool while he was in college. I believe he will get a kick out of it.

image (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#3715 2 years ago

The King rock I picked up on the last page left today. An early birthday gift for my dad. He played King Kool in college and was pretty excited today when me and the boy surprised him.

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

#3723 2 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Looks to be in nice shape!
Ditch the LED's though.

Lol. I hear ya. I got tired of going over to change bulbs on the pioneer sitting beside of it that I gave him several years back. I never have to change the LEDs and he would prefer to just play instead of work on it. I do respect the opinion of incandescent bulbs though.

#3735 2 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Yeah changing bulbs can be a pain in the butt.
If you did not put 455 flasher bulbs behind the "king rock" on the back glass, you should. That's what was in there originally, & it really looks good when the pin is in "attract" mode & they turn off once a game is started- I'm guessing to reduce glare on the play field?

I have the 455 in it. I keep those on hand since Earthshaker and whirlwind are my only real keeper games. They do set it off. He has put a ton of games on it already. It's a great game

#3759 2 years ago
Quoted from cad-kid:

What do the green lights at the top of the bonus ladder represent? Just curious...

Green lights advance with every ten points scored on the spinner. One time around adds bonus. I'm not sure how I missed this question earlier. Sorry

#3813 2 years ago

Picked this up today. I had never played johnny mnemonic before today but seems like a cool game

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

2 months later
#4353 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Can't wait to get this setup! One of my favorite themes and special thanks to Copperpot!
Hey you guuys!

I wondered what ever happened to that game.

#4412 2 years ago
Quoted from MFdePaulaJr:

Williams Congo !!!
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
Arrived yesterday! I bought this machine without ever having played. I Really enjoyed.

I miss Congo. I'm glad those new plastics I sold you went to good use. Looks nice. Enjoy

1 month later
#4632 2 years ago

I love rollergames. Cheesy pins are great. All I have right now are the pics I got from the seller. Needs cleaned up bad but will make a pretty nice game

IMG_1024 (resized).JPG
IMG_1025 (resized).JPG
IMG_1026 (resized).JPG
IMG_1027 (resized).JPG

4 months later
#6064 2 years ago

Finally back to posting in this thread again. This fish tales basically fell into my lap today! Needs a topper, has a little insert chipping, it is incredibly dirty, and of course some fade but to be honest I couldn't buy the board set for what I paid for it.

IMG_2019 (resized).JPG
IMG_2021 (resized).JPG
IMG_2020 (resized).JPG

IMG_2024 (resized).JPG

#6072 2 years ago

Wait.... so you're telling me I'm bald and lazy?!?!

My dad is way cooler than your dad just saying. Lol

IMG_2025 (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#6198 2 years ago

My sickness started with pinbot and now he is back!! Filthy dirty and in need of a deep cleaning. Also came with another fully population playfield.

IMG_2171 (resized).JPG

IMG_2172 (resized).JPG

IMG_2173 (resized).JPG

IMG_2174 (resized).JPG

#6231 2 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

Where was the grounding problems? I bought a rottendog mpu for it. Also, is rottendog mpu compatible with a gulf pinball power supply board?

Just research system 80 ground mods. It's really no big deal to do. Takes about an hour or two and $10 worth of stuff. The game just doesn't have a good ground circuit from the factory. That's all system 80 not just yours

#6253 2 years ago
Quoted from doompin:

Won this guy at an auction 2 weeks ago. I think its super fun. Don't know why it gets a bad rap. I pretty great shape but I'm looking forward to shopping it out.

I'll be in the minority with you!!! I love police force

Oh no!! It's the cops man

#6254 2 years ago

Finally found another Genesis. It's a semi working project but I got it local and at a fair price so I'm good wth it. Guess what's wrong with it???? It's a system 80b that resets over and over lol. I love those daughter boards.

Freeplay40 ramp set on the way!! So I'm super pumped about that too. It's a shame I've got two games to go through in front of it. First world problems I know

IMG_2196 (resized).JPG

IMG_2197 (resized).JPG

#6281 2 years ago

I picked up this phantom of the opera today. It will soon be featured in either or both of the worst hacks thread or the pinball horrors pics thread.

The good... it will boot up, it has a brand new set of plastics on it, it's a pinball machine, it didn't cost me a fortune.

The bad... three toasted inserts, flaking back glass, some playfield wear outside of the Mylar.

But hey I'm pretty pumped to try and bring it back to life.

Oh and I also scored this sweet 16x20 Mike Tyson autographed picture from the seller. Can't go wrong with a little Punchout!!

IMG_2248 (resized).JPG

IMG_2250 (resized).JPG

IMG_2249 (resized).JPG

IMG_2251 (resized).JPG

IMG_2252 (resized).JPG

IMG_2253 (resized).JPG

IMG_2247 (resized).JPG

#6283 2 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

That's a great pick up, and I don't know if it's as bad as you think it is. I just posted mine for sale, and now I'm second-guessing whether I want to get rid of it. It's a great game. I had one before this one and sold it, and I did miss it. This game has awesome audio, and a good rule set.
I've seen the double score insert and Phantom face inserts burnt out on a ton of POTO's. Must be a design flaw. And the backglass isn't horrible either...at least you still have the mask on the front of the glass. On a lot of them that is either flaked to hell, or missing altogether. It was an odd choice to screen things on the front of the BG. Great pick up though, and good luck on getting it 100%.
I have some parts and a few extra NOS plastics, so let me know if you need anything as you go through it.

Oh don't get me wrong. I'm super pumped about it. I was looking for project games and that is what I got. I will get it all lined out eventually. Probably going to have to get some guidance on replacing those inserts though.

The horror parts I haven't shown yet lol. The solenoid driver section of the mpu is torched and this things comsumed at least two packs of wire nuts in its lifetime. I have a new mpu and don't care a bit to fix all the hacks though so all is good. I appreciate the help

#6293 2 years ago
Quoted from Bricarus:

Got a couple more this weekend. The pin count is now in the double digits I feel like I should get a patch or something.
They need work, but happy to have them. I think I'm starting to like "that old pin smell" as much as I like "that new pin smell".

You mean mold and smoke??? Lol. Strangely enough I like it too

#6301 2 years ago

you should probably both do it by pm cause you are ruining the mood of the best thread on pinside

#6351 2 years ago

I picked this one up on Friday. I'm not much of an em guy so I don't know how long it will last. It cleaned up pretty well. I need to clean a stepper or two cause it won't go to game over after the fifth ball, just keeps playing lol. There's the reason I'm not much of an em guy lol.

IMG_2306 (resized).JPG

IMG_2307 (resized).JPG

IMG_2308 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#6425 2 years ago

Who buys a second Genesis????? The guy that thinks you are all crazy for wanting to change the beautiful, tasteful, borderline work of art translite. That's who lol

Picked this one up on Sunday morning

IMG_2375 (resized).JPG

#6426 2 years ago

And then on my way home from delivering a machine this afternoon I ran into this one. It's just a tad dirty

Should clean up ok though

IMG_2377 (resized).JPG

IMG_2378 (resized).JPG

IMG_2376 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#6548 2 years ago
Quoted from ChrisRAD:

Bangarang! Local operator was letting go of his old stuff in favor of the new stuff.

I miss hook

2 weeks later
#6693 2 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Definitely a nice pick up. Although most people scream for Cyclone, I actually prefer Hurricane. More ramps, more shots and just more fun to play IMO. Had a very nice one a long time ago, and it played fast as hell (and suffice to say some family preferred it over my horror-themed pins ----- no idea why ). Some people complain that the two Ferris wheels slow down gameplay too much, but it really doesn't. Plus I take it as a time to rest, shake my hands and readjust my power stance. Step right up!!!

Basically any game that has “corn dogs!” As a callout is a guaranteed winner. I actually just finished up my hurricane that was in this thread a couple of weeks back. It’s a fun game for sure

#6704 2 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Never played either. Hope they are fun.

Whitewater is one of the few machines I’ve owned that I want back.

#6768 1 year ago

Feel lucky punk? Well, do ya

E78B8580-9263-4493-A43A-D2FE4593F778 (resized).jpeg

C68F56E3-9F12-402E-8145-231782763C6F (resized).jpeg

4062C448-91D0-4DE3-B901-9888FCE211D8 (resized).jpeg

2E8F5556-0DF8-4282-A0D8-0BE84FF6B4E5 (resized).jpeg

33CDF4E1-B65D-4752-B308-6DB97A139B58 (resized).jpeg

#6799 1 year ago
Quoted from Bendit:

Jeez. You guys are real nerds.

You ain’t kidding lol.

#6844 1 year ago
Quoted from drinkduffbeers:

Dog was certainty curious of today’s delivery

That dog is cute for sure but my goodness that cabinet has a mirror finish.

#6868 1 year ago

I picked up a pretty nice Demolition man today. I haven’t played this game in a couple of years but I remember it had tons and tons of awesome combos andthe ugliest picture of Sandra Bullock that was ever created lol.

E4D9F176-8B3B-41A6-B06F-233BA42655C6 (resized).jpeg

BF3276F8-1D83-4CE8-A02E-96C26335C447 (resized).jpeg

#6871 1 year ago
Quoted from PoBoyPinball:

Son playing a game in the background? Looks like he is into it

Lol. I didn’t even notice his face in the pic. He absolutely LOVES fish tales.

#6874 1 year ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I have owned the b/w Congo for 3 years. It's been completely tour down for 2 years. I have not had a chance to play it. I missed it so much, I got another one.

That’s awesome. I love Congo. I’m not interest in the mgow glass but if you need me to come get the b/w Congo I have a ton of boxes I can load it up in

#6898 1 year ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Got this bad boy home last week. The seller did a perfect job in palletizing the pin. The pin is restored and all NOS (except for sidedecals). Really happy with the purchase.

Looks beautiful. I’ve never played the original cactus canyon. I’ve only played ccc. But continued was one of the coolest games I have ever played.

#6918 1 year ago

That’s a jungle queen

#6945 1 year ago
Quoted from jkashani:

All hail the Pharaoh in its final resting place next to other harder to find Williams titles Barracora and Cosmic Gunfight.

Pharaoh is such a cool game

1 week later
#7038 1 year ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

I'm putting my big boy pants on right now and I'm going to buy something

It better be a pinball machine. I swear if you post a picture of a box of tampons I’ll die laughing lol

#7066 1 year ago

I could have traded a BK2K for Elvira several years back. The Elvira had a few issues but was super nice. I was mesmerized by BK2K light and music though. A month later my wrist hurt so bad from only using the right flipper and I had major regret not making the deal. Super fun pin.

#7070 1 year ago
Quoted from Bud:

Three amigos

Oh my. That’s cool

#7077 1 year ago

Not necessarily a machine I was looking for but it seems like a pretty fun game so far.

386D3096-3A5A-4912-871A-320BF5FE5DAE (resized).jpeg

3BC410A4-9E84-4AF2-AF0B-AD7044D8AC3B (resized).png

0C30476F-85F1-4A7D-A600-B73C4305B096 (resized).jpeg

#7132 1 year ago
Quoted from Grayman_EM:

Does this pin win the Rustiest pin award? Most rust I have seen on a pin so far.

You need to get out more. That is faaaaaaaar from the rustiest pinball machine ive seen. The playfield on that thing is in pretty nice shape. Most rust damage pins have destroyed playfield machinery underneath. I’m guessing from the state of the metal on the top side of the playfield that the bottom side is in pretty decent shape too.

#7193 1 year ago

The call outs aren’t quite there. Hoping they change those a bit. But who knows.... it’s my first spike system game. Fingers crossed

A4E8A01C-7B02-4F02-97E9-A91D605D15E9 (resized).jpeg
6BA1379D-73C0-4CA9-9674-A8819B7CC508 (resized).jpeg
63B82FBF-5A91-4DAD-81DE-622FEE5A4B28 (resized).jpeg

#7220 1 year ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Picked up 2 projects, TOM needs new playfield,cab is trashed, its about 90% working....WH20 is not as bad, playfield ok, works ok, cab beat up but not awful, came with new(repro) topper, dome and boulders...
I was planning full restore for both, but the WH20 might be in too good of shape for that...the TOM however will keep me busy through the winter, its getting the full treatment.

The real burning question for most everyone around here....... did you get to keep the rare German troll coin door skin.

All jokes aside. I freaking love both of those games. I’m glad you got the projects you were looking for

1 week later
#7282 1 year ago

I picked up this nascar in a trade this week. It needs a little work but will be pretty nice when I’m finished. The garage won’t close and the trough won’t kick the ball out. I’m going to try to start trouble shooting it this weekend. I’ve been looking for one for a while actually. My 10 year old loves this game

74B2B1AB-351B-414B-AB48-4EBF6D33DDF0 (resized).jpeg

11866E3C-0D3D-4467-95CA-5128D40846D3 (resized).jpeg

#7284 1 year ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

The Y switch down in the garage is often very problematic in that game, or at least the actuator on the switch is. I've bought some from Little Shop of Games....I know he carries them.

Awesome. I’ll look into that. Thanks. It’s like it tries to drop when I start a game but it physically won’t go down. I haven’t opened it up yet. Hopefully it’s just something simple.

2 weeks later
#7391 1 year ago

Hook is back!!!

942E5414-93E0-4496-945E-9F5BD82E7E9B (resized).jpeg

#7406 1 year ago

I have been trying for five years to save these two bad cats. No they are not the super rare orange version lol. They both have some playfield wear but both boot up. I should get a decent player out of it.

20083F09-7CF4-42C1-9C91-C25653D6A4FC (resized).jpeg

7E30DC47-64B9-4021-A2EE-7C514BE51276 (resized).jpeg

D89C364B-8C66-46F6-AAAC-8A87B634BD55 (resized).jpeg

#7410 1 year ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Awesome. I wish you were closer. I would take whichever one you had left over.

Quoted from cosmokramer:

I feel the same way...there was/is a new playfield for sale in the marketplace...

It’s a pretty cool system 11. I’m going to try and make a pretty nice player machine and then sell the other one to recoup some of the cost. Distance would be a killer for either of you or I’d sure hit you guys up.

Who know colsond3 we might be seein it in the project thread. Those guys get a kick out of “wish I were closer” lol

1 week later
#7478 1 year ago

Taxi had been on my wishlist forever!!!!!! Picked this one up from a great pinsider newmanoconnor

BAED25AF-2A86-44FF-9F83-C3D784FC1128 (resized).jpeg

469BA81D-7090-4D1B-B867-92C240DA5D99 (resized).jpeg

9E6C9802-29E9-4678-8BEB-99E00B3F21C0 (resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
#7664 1 year ago

Maybe he meant he liked system 11 games and also like funhouse since he got to play it this weekend lol. It would be easy for people to put bride and funhouse both in with the system 11 games since they are WPC but they don’t use DMD.

#7712 1 year ago
Quoted from lurch:

Congrats! Swe1 doesn't get enough love. I love the pin2k concept. If we could somehow figure out how to remove jar jar it would put this game in the top 20.

Man I completely agree with this. Jar jar is the absolute worst character that was ever created.

#7740 1 year ago

I had tried unsuccessfully to pick up one of these on several occasions. Today I finally brought one home

66A0E0C8-A3B4-49A4-B606-7F57B0531B03 (resized).jpeg

CC5EB525-23EC-4B08-9972-E605465C8DB4 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#7846 1 year ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I have to say I thought about this before. Heard same stories of how even a kleenex box can be an issue. My big concern is the pin flying forward in a hard brake or in what might be a minor accident. I have brought my two boys on a few trips. They can be a big help and makes things fun. They are older but one in the back is in a seat right next to the pin. Don't think I could get all three of my kids in the suv with a pin but admit I gave it serious thought before. Maybe next time I can try to strap down the pin. Not sure that is possible in a suv. Anyone do this?

I always use two large straps to hold The machine down. I drive a Tahoe so it is possible in an SUV. I use the points where the seats attach to the body.

1 week later
#7960 1 year ago

Well..... I’ll be posting a picture of a twilight zone very soon hopefully. It has been in route to my house for a month via STI and currently has been sitting three hours away for a week and a half. It is a pretty freaking ridiculous process honestly. Probably the last time I ever ship anything lol

#7972 1 year ago

I can do this.... I think anyway lol

AB5398C7-558B-43CC-BCFB-795B6B0A4C22 (resized).jpeg

#7974 1 year ago
Quoted from Sethman:

*Some assembly required*

To say the least lol. Also, I do not have the first picture as to how any of this came apart lol. I am a glutton for punishment. I will play this game!!! It may cost me a fortune lol but I will play it

42846216-5BF6-4026-9CE5-D324343A6F20 (resized).jpeg

#7976 1 year ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I'm sure somebody has reassembled one on here. Or see if anybody at least has a few pictures they can take of the back of the playfield, then the front. You'll get there. May the force be with you.

I am going to rely heavily on the pinside community for this one. I’ve brought so many games back from the dead but without help from the people on this forum I never could have done it. This will be no different lol. I am getting the playfield cleared since it’s already disassembled and then after I let cure I’m going to start the process.

#7982 1 year ago
Quoted from dhard:

Maybe you guys can start a club

I appreciate the pics.

Quoted from spinal:

You can do this but without knowing where the parts go and even perhaps knowing if they are all there it may be best to consider buying a complete one, using it to rebuild and then resell one of them. Sounds crazy but will save you more time than you think. Anyway I'm a newb at this still so don't take my comment too seriously hah

I have no doubt I can get it back together. It’s just going to be a ton of work

1 week later
#8054 1 year ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

Picked this one up a little while back, but due to space issues kept it in the workshop. Finally set it up this weekend and it looks like it might be staying there. . . (That is not me playing!).

I typically love system 11 for the non licensed themes but rollergames will never leave.

#8064 1 year ago

Finally!!!! This thing has been on my wishlist at #1 since I started this hobby.

0A6C9E27-52B8-4BCA-BDB5-57DB8ED6BD3A (resized).jpeg

4 weeks later
#8300 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

did it come with a bulldog and flat screen plasma?

I bet you can get a nice touch up job and restore for $5200.

1 week later
#8413 1 year ago

I picked up a beautiful demolition man today. Thanks to pinsider uptownsinclair. This is the third time I’ve owned this game. It’s one I just keep coming back to. I love these ramps!!!! Combos for days!

D0414F69-118C-4A11-976C-A4EA9FC72D3F (resized).jpeg

05BAF91A-2404-41B9-B748-BBB84622DABA (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#8479 1 year ago
Quoted from bbhenry2000:

I don't have a firepower. No need for a hardtop.

Maybe not but considering you were not familiar with PPS it might be worth at least understanding what a hard top is. It’s a pretty amazing product that if not just for firepower. If you want to get into pinball I’d take all the knowledge you can get. I’ve been doing this for years and learn something new every single day

#8485 1 year ago
Quoted from Grayman_EM:

Sorry pecos and dirkdiggler but I still think Wizard! and Capt. Fantastic and The Brown Dirt Cowboy are overrated and overpriced. I have some pinsiders who agree with me on this.
Fireball is overpriced too.

Well I’m glad we got that squared up. I think all pinball machines are over priced and everyone should just give me their machines for almost nothing just because....

Personal opinions vary, but market prices are dictated by supply and demand

1 week later
#8580 1 year ago
Quoted from dasvis:

No kidding. Pull those LED's & put incandescent bulbs back in.

Or just leave it alone if that’s how you like it since it’s your game. But whatever.

1 week later
#8642 1 year ago

600 plays since ‘06 = JD is a $1400 game folks.

I absolutely love pinside lol

1 week later
#8747 1 year ago

I doubt I’ll ever have money for a NIB game but if I do I believe my unboxing would rival that of waspinat0r

3 weeks later
#8961 1 year ago

I’m in the process of moving so these are going straight to the new house and won’t be set up for a while but they should freshen up the lineup a bit.
752AD34F-2BF1-49BB-A032-F2766EC3CD39 (resized).jpeg

#8963 1 year ago
Quoted from bluespin:

What are the two in the back?

Williams laser ball and a Gottlieb big hurt

1 month later