(Topic ID: 92205)

What machine did you bring home today? Post your pictures!

By MiamiRedSkin

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 13,869 posts
  • 1,536 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 minutes ago by Spyderturbo007
  • Topic is favorited by 371 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 12,204 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191023_100445 (resized).jpg
20191023_100522 (resized).jpg
20191023_100522 (resized).jpg
20191023_100505 (resized).jpg
20191022_211001 (resized).jpg
20191020_175138 (resized).jpg
received_439706880017683 (resized).jpeg
Hurricane 2019 (resized).JPG
G and Surfers (resized).jpg
G and Spanish eyes (resized).jpg
G and Pinball in car (resized).jpg
417344D7-DD73-4C30-A83D-5A3B8EFC62D9 (resized).jpeg
E9711A0F-788E-4701-B17A-554437DB7F04 (resized).jpeg
BC828288-383D-4B92-B340-99ED86DF5324 (resized).jpeg
6AED0FE5-BBA1-43D4-82C9-E67F7BFB05B1 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20191019_163921 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider egyptrus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3496 2 years ago

So, it's been a while since I've bought anything so today was the day...I bought 9 games, 7 working and 2 projects. Working games: Nascar, Who Dunnit, WCS94, LW3, Baby Pacman, SWE1 and Black Knight 2000. Project games, SS Charlie's Angels and an SS Joker Poker. In addition, the guy I bought the games from gave me a crap ton of spare parts, rubber, bulbs, etc, etc, etc. Pretty good day today. Thanks to Tom Lucht for helping me out today - couldn't have done it without him.

Here are a couple of pictures of some of the games loaded in the trailer as well as most everything in my garage (the Baby Pacman hadn't been loaded into the garage yet).

For you eagle eyes, the Chicago Coin game was already in the garage. I recently donated that one to an auction and am just waiting for the winners to contact me so I can deliver it.

Dave

IMG_1519 (resized).JPG

IMG_1520 (resized).JPG

IMG_1518 (resized).JPG

3 months later
#4268 2 years ago

I don't have pictures but I brought home a Gottlieb World Series, a Williams Stop 'N' Go and a Gottlieb Road Race today. I just started hunting for games that I can donate for upcoming fundraisers and got lucky to find a seller that had these 3 games. It was a good day!

Dave

3 weeks later
#4434 2 years ago

Just picked this one up. Pretty tough to guess with it covered so I'll just tell you what it is. Got a minstrel man today. A bit older than what I normally collect but figured why not.

IMG_1673 (resized).JPG

#4478 2 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Can you post more pics? That game is really neat. If I remember right it has some really cool stand ups.

Once I get it set up, I sure will. I believe it has some of the first "drop" targets but you hit the stand up in front and something behind it would drop. I'd like to get it set up sooner than later to see what I actually have as I didn't bother to plug it in while I was picking it up as the owner said it hadn't been turned on in 20+ years.

Dave

#4483 2 years ago

As promised, here are a couple of pictures of minstrel man after I set it up. It hasn't been used in a long time so every stepper, etc. is going to need to be gone through.

IMG_1674 (resized).JPG

IMG_1675 (resized).JPG

IMG_1676 (resized).JPG

IMG_1677 (resized).JPG

3 months later
#5460 2 years ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

Good haul today!

"Good" is a subjective term...without knowing roughly what you paid there's no way to know if it was a good haul or not. There's no denying that you got a group of nice, desirable titles, but whether it was a "good" haul or not will depend on the price. If you paid $100,000 for the 10 games then you got a lot of nice titles but paid too much. If you got all the games for $10,000 then yes, it was a "good" haul and you're one lucky son of a gun.

2 months later
#6386 2 years ago
Quoted from StrangeSubset1:

Curious if Duracell would follow through on their no leakage warranty on this one

I believe I read about one pinsider a while back getting duracell or one of the other battery manufacturers to make good on their no leak warranty. I believe a quick search of pinside would probably find you that information. It'd definitely be worth a try, that's for sure.

#6391 2 years ago

Thanks for doing the work that I was too lazy to do

Dave

3 weeks later
#6623 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

And a couple of bonus features inside.

Thanks buddy!

I'm glad the games arrived in good condition and that the bonus features arrived as well! I thought you might enjoy a beverage with a game of pinball.

Quoted from Mopar:

Does he have anything else for sale?! Title doesn't matter..

I don't have anything else for sale right now but when games are shipped I usually try to include some sort of suprise/gift inside for the buyer.

Dave

#6625 2 years ago

Glad you enjoyed the surprise inside the coin box of each game...fun to send along an unexpected gift.

2 weeks later
#6785 1 year ago

No pictures but I brought home a Gottlieb Flipper Parade today. It's in need of a bit of work but shouldn't be too bad. I most certainly didn't need another project game but you have to buy them when they pop up.

Dave

1 week later
#6858 1 year ago

Today I picked up a Chicago Coin Hollywood. Game seems to be in pretty good condition. Seller said it had recently been repaired and worked great - yeah, sure it does. No GI, lots of scoring errors, etc. I really hope they didn't pay a whole lot to get it "fixed".

Dave

Hollywood_Body (resized).JPG

Hollywood_Glass (resized).JPG

#6863 1 year ago
Quoted from Mopar:

Hollywood's not too bad of a game. I had one
in a local pizza shop and it did okay, but I like
playing Sound Stage better..

I've had sound stage as well and I'd agree, it's the better game. Bought the Hollywood to set a friend up with his first game. When I asked him what he was looking for he said "something that would be fun and cheap". I think this will fit the bill.

Dave

#6891 1 year ago
Quoted from Grayman_EM:

That is why I try and go for a lower offer on a pin. Lots of pins out there with the wording a simple fix. Dave I saw that one I think for $500.00 someone told me to pay no more than $300.00 for a Chicago Coin if it works and a $100.00 if it doesn't.

You saw the one I bought as it was listed for $500. Of course, I didn't pay that as there a few things wrong with the game which they hadn't noticed until I pointed them out. Nobody there could tell me what had recently been repaired either, which I find quite odd. I know not everyone is a pinball nerd but someone had to contact the repair person to have whatever they thought was wrong with the game fixed, right?

In general, I find the Chicago Coin games of this era to be "meh" (I really dislike the door-bell chimes) but I was able to get it for a decent price and it was literally 20 minutes from my house. I have a friend looking for his first game and he asked me to help him find something "cheap" and "fun". I think I hit the mark on the "cheap" side of the equation. We'll see if he finds it "fun".

Dave

1 week later
#7006 1 year ago
Quoted from mkecasey:

The only downside... I'm flying to Milwaukee for a wedding today so I'm going to have to wait a few days before I can really dive into the game.

While in Milwaukee you can find a place or two that has games and at least get some pinball in before you head home to play your own game (assuming you have any free time).

There's really no better way to start the pinball hobby than with a free game, especially one that's actually fun to play.

Dave

#7011 1 year ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

The move had its challenges for sure. I still feel bad about the wall, but we got it in with minimal issue, and the game was intact

I feel like there's a story here

3 months later
#7912 1 year ago

There’s a fire! In my car.

60E6373A-8D66-46DB-95A5-F71CC63CA07E (resized).jpeg

#7914 1 year ago
Quoted from Micky:

that bell is torture for me.

I've never actually owned one of these so I figured I'd pick it up and see what it's all about. I have friends asking me to help find them a game - maybe this one will go to one of them that I don't like so much if the bell is really loud and annoying

#7918 1 year ago
Quoted from PAPPYBALL:

The bell is awesome! One of the best parts! It can be turned down or completely off in game settings.

Thanks for the tip Pappy! I'm hoping to get it set up in the game room here before too long and start playing it.

Dave

#7935 1 year ago
Quoted from PAPPYBALL:

The bell is awesome! One of the best parts! It can be turned down or completely off in game settings.

Had a chance to check into the settings...you can adjust it so it doesn't ring as often but you can't actually turn it down. No big deal though as it hasn't been annoying yet.

Dave

2 weeks later
#8095 1 year ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

Just picked up a pretty nice lah despite the dirt on top

Was that the one in Shererville, IN by chance?

#8099 1 year ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

No it was in Michigan, was only up on fb for a day.

Thanks for letting me know. There was a LAH for sale on letgo yesterday and the seller jerked me around pretty good so I wanted to see if that was the same one.

#8158 1 year ago
Quoted from dudah:

Today I bought my first house and then I bought a sweet project firepower!

That's a great combination! Congratulations on getting your first house. I hope it provides lots of awesome memories for you.

Dave

4 months later
#9228 1 year ago

Time to go to work!

This one will need a bit of work but hopefully will turn out good. Picked it up for a friend who’s looking for his second game.

B4291AA6-2A0B-4575-92D0-68E00B85C061 (resized).jpeg
4 weeks later
#9553 1 year ago
Quoted from pfcjimmy:

The Gottliebs are multiplying!

Did you pay extra for the "door bell" mod?

1 month later
#10046 1 year ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

HUO Stargate, MINT. 2nd time owning this pin, love it.

Is this the same one that's up for trade in the marketplace?

2 months later
#10517 10 months ago

pfcjimmy, did you get that off of craigslist milwaukee? If so, you just beat me to it as I saw the ad right after it went up (just lucky to be browsing at that time) and when I contacted him he said someone had already made an offer...

#10519 10 months ago
Quoted from pfcjimmy:

Yeah. Seller was nice and had the game since 91. Said he had an offer for $300.

I never even got to make an offer...when I contacted him he said that he already had an offer and if that person (you, apparently) passed on it, he'd contact me. I didn't hear from him

Glad it went to another pinsider.

2 months later
#11202 7 months ago

rustylizard did a Whirlwind also come with that Jokerz?

Dave

#11207 7 months ago

Indeed it is a whirlwind...the reason I asked is because there was a guy that contacted me a couple of months ago with a whirlwind with a wooden door and a jokerz that didn't seem to work (at least the displays didn't work). Apparently they were left there by the previous home owner. He wanted crazy prices, something like $4300 for Whirlwind and $3000 for Jokerz (or something like that). I told him that those were prices he'd never get for the games given their condition. I told him that I'd check back with him later to see if he'd consider selling them for "reasonable" prices as it was just around Christmas and they had just moved into their house.

Fast forward to today, I sent him a text out of the blue to see what he decided to do with his games and he said he sold them to "some gamers out of Wausau" and that he had 10 other people waiting in line for the games...I'm assuming you didn't pay what he was originally asking for the games.

1 week later
#11299 7 months ago

Well, I donated a game last night to a local fundraiser/charity auction and then today I picked up another game...As it was in the Chicago area I also grabbed a deep dish Giordano's pizza too. Double score for me!

Any guesses from just the backbox side that you can see in the picture?

Dave

jet spin (resized).jpg
#11301 7 months ago

I wondered if the image name would show...Man, you guys are good!

#11307 7 months ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

I know what it is....wish I hadn't sold mine....

I don't think I've every played one. I asked the guy how he came about owning it and he said he bought for his cabin in Michigan when the kids were younger so at one point, it was in Michigan.

Nice older gentleman who was getting ready to downsize his household. Surprisingly, the game works for the most part as it seemed like he never did anything with it in terms of maintenance, etc. The only thing I noticed is that it didn't go to game over after the last ball drained. Hopefully, that won't be too hard of an issue to resolve.

#11310 7 months ago
Quoted from bob_e:

Super Spin, 2 player version of Jet Spin

Close...it's actually Jet Spin, the 4 player game...

2 weeks later
#11452 6 months ago

No pictures but I brought home a bally eight ball today. Might have been the shortest trip I've ever taken to pick up a game - it was 10 minutes from my house. I could get used to these short trips!

Dave

5 months later
#13515 37 days ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Left early this morning to pick up two games. Came home empty

Remember, no deal is ALWAYS better than a bad deal. It took me a while to learn this lesson but as much as it stinks to spend time going to check a game and come home empty, you're better off in the end by passing.

#13581 32 days ago
Quoted from Ballypalooza:

Yes, it the one that was with the Hardbody. I will tell you that the HB seemed to be in nice original shape. Both machines came with the house 18 years ago.

Did you "professionally" remove them? I believe his ad asked that you do that...

Those have been for sale for a while and I think it's partly because he just had one picture from 20 feet away, which doesn't tell you much about the condition. Glad you got one of them and that it appeared to be in good condition.

3 weeks later
#13765 9 days ago
Quoted from fabsj82:

Earthshaker unexpectedly joined the System 11 lineup

Was this the $2500 one in Madison? I had inquired about that one but never heard back from him...

#13783 7 days ago

Well, it’s been a while since I’ve posted in this thread. I really haven’t been buying or selling all that much. However this one came up and I figured why not? Unfortunately, it didn’t have the door handle launcher so I’ll be on the lookout for that (or a reasonable substitute as I know the originals are unobtanium).

D847BD9B-918C-4455-B4D2-3A7429334A46 (resized).jpeg
#13789 7 days ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Hopefully you or a friend can pick up a door handle launcher from one of the parts vendors at Expo this weekend.

I'd honestly be surprised if this part was available at expo. Unfortunately, I can't go this year as it's my wife's birthday and we have other plans...however, if anyone from the Milwaukee area is at expo and happens to find the door handle launcher for tales from the crypt sitting on a vendor's table - grab it!

Thanks,

Dave

#13791 7 days ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I’ll reach out and see one of them still has one.

That would be awesome. I'm amazed at how often you find this game and the launcher is missing. It makes you wonder what happened to them? I guess it's possible that it's been broken off because it sticks out a bit but it seems to be missing more often than you think it would.

I appreciate you checking for me.

Dave

#13793 7 days ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

“Damn I bet this is expensive to replace... better take it off for safe keeping”
*loses it or throws it in some box of random crap*

I did ask the guy who owned it if it was there when he got the game. He said it came to him that way and he bought the game from a co-worker 10 years prior. Unfortunately, I can't trace the lineage any further back than that to see if the guy that he bought it from took it off...oh well, at least I've got a lead on a possible replacement thanks to colsond3

#13808 4 days ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Short trip for a very nice Frank this morning.

Stop screwing around and getting new machines and help me find a door handle launcher for my Tales from the Crypt!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.99

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider egyptrus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside